As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Dark Heresy: Relic Hunters

1789101113»

• Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    Mira blinks, taken aback. "g...growth? I was unaware of any damage to our transport... Marcus did not alert us to anything he felt amiss..."

Marcus puts his hands on his head. "Th' gas cloud. Saint Karrina's ghost, I didn't get a readin' of 'eat or warp energy or nothin'."

"PSYKANIS NON. PROJECTIVA CEREBELLUS TRANSMUTATUM. XENOMORPHA ALAGIC," croaked a tinny metal voice from the oversized augmetic skull, the sound like that of bells in crude alarm clocks.

"An alien," added Russ Blinder. "It's body was dust drifting in the void until it could attatch itself like a barnacle to passing object- a ship in this case. The apparation seems to have been its attempt to blend into human surroundings, perhaps even communicate. Not every xeno in the universe attempts to copy our words, though those may be the most dangerous tools they can take from Man. Worlds have fallen though words."
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "We... I thought it was impossible for the apparition to have come with us to the station, because I thought such a thing would have to be within one of us... I never considered it could have resided elsewhere."

"Consider everything," the Interrogator replied. "You can't take anything for granted in the greater universe. The dangers we face would never have last this long if they were easy to identify."

"Now as for these monks you found," he looked down at his dimunutive attendant. "I don't suppose we have clear signs of witchcraft there. Not much to go on from what I read. Can Man forget his past? Can he develop mental control beyond what is normal? Does Man dominate Man without spells?"

It grins with its puffy face and squeaks in response. "Well," Blinder shakes his head. "No point in asking you." He shuffles his papers back in order.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    "Consider everything," the Interrogator replied. "You can't take anything for granted in the greater universe. The dangers we face would never have last this long if they were easy to identify."

"I will be more vigilant from here on, sir," says Dariel, nodding his head respectfully.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mira shuffles, looking ashamed and embarrassed despite her best efforts not to, her head hanging low.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Utsanomiko wrote: »

"I will be more vigilant from here on, sir," says Dariel, nodding his head respectfully.

Russ Blinder points a glaved finger at Dariel Reason. "Vigilance will get you chasing shadows. Vigilance, without scrutiny and knowledge, is not valuable to this Order. You will need far more caution and experience to ask the Unknown not 'why is it strange', but 'how is it strange'. Then you will have the knowledge to judge." He looks around at the other acolytes in the room. "Has no one else anything further to say?"

"Everything's in my statement, I'm just glad to make it back in once piece." Zolo says.

Marcus nods. "Orders were t'fly 'em there and bring 'em back. I stayed outta as much trouble as I knew was out there."

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dariel refrains from further comment.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mira remains mute, unwilling to risk further embarrassment to speak up.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Spanky The DolphinSpanky The Dolphin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ++INTERROGATOR BLINDER++ Janan speaks, keeping her electronic gaze focused upon a mark on the wall to the side of Blinder's head, ++FELLIUS CASTIRON STILL REMAINS ABOARD THE ARGENT HOUSE. WOULD IT NOT BE WITHIN OUR DUTY TO RETRIEVE HIM++

Spanky The Dolphin on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    "I will be sending someone more... specialized for that task." Blinder says. "By the sound of it you were fortunate enough to get out of crucifixion. Once they realize their alien invader disappeared when you left, I trust they will be none too pleased to see you return. Now, our Mr. Crowstep certainly has enough skill to keep in our employ, but as for the rest of you..."

Interrogator Russ Blinder stands up. "That will be up to the Inquisitor." He strides out of the room, his two bizarre attendants follow. "Come along, we are taking our ship back to Archaos."

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif