As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF: Miniature Secret Santa - Summer Edition!

• Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Forgeworld finally got their collective thumbs out of their asses, so my package should be going out soonish.
    It's a titan
    I lie

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, my Mom was visiting and I convinced her to check the P.O. Box for me as I am expecting a game from Goozex and she comes back with a box!

gift1.jpg

At first, I think it's the game but then I open it and there's a book!

book1.jpg

For The Emperor, by Sandy Mitchell

With two notes!

note1.jpg
    From Gabriel Pitt, the Shas'o with the silliest name.

For the Greater Good Propaganda Item 1/4:

Due to heavy production delays, it is unknown when Item #1 codename "not-a-Manta" will arrive from production facility "Forge World UK." However, we of the command cadre are confident that you will recognize it when it arrives.
    For the Greater Good Propaganda Item 4/4:

All right, this actually was not one of our finger hours, but within you will find excellent example of Kroot relation protocols.

Thanks, Gabriel! If "not-a-Manta" is what I think it is . . . oh my! Then there is a third and fourth part that I don't know anything about!

:winky:

my ramblings as I try to figure out what "not-a-Manta" could mean:

edit1:
    Why is it that I always seem to get the most done when I'm under the influence of Absinthe? 3/4 of my Santa's gift are mailbound, and winging their way in his general direction as we speak.

Of course the timeliness of the fourth part depends on how long it takes FW to fulfill it's Reaver Titan orders...

Oh, oh my. It isn't what I thought at all . . .

edit2:

It is! (the note backs this up!)
    Maybe this is all the sherry I've had tonight talking, but I wonder what would happen if I got my giftee the full size Tau manta.

Thanks Gabriel! :-D

edit3:

I just saw a picture of that.

Oh, oh my god.

. . .

edit4:

. . . :O

edit5:

I just saw the price of "not-a-Manta" and I don't, I don't know what to think or do with my life if I see that in the mail box.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    *lucky lucky lucky*

Stuff about Manta

Would it even fit in a mailbox?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It's all being sent to my P.O. Box, the book didn't even fit in the mailbox. They just slip a little yellow piece of paper in there and you go to the front desk.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    my ramblings as I try to figure out what "not-a-Manta" could mean:
    Here's a hint:
    It's not a Manta.
    I'm generous, not crazy,
    nor that overly blessed with money.:P
    Man, Japan is shipping things fast these days. I was expecting at least another week on that.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, that thing is £895.00 on Forge World, haha.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wooh, order 1 received, order 2 placed. Mwahahahaha.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    PhilodoxPhilodox Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just need a couple of small finishing touches on my gift, I should have it sent out by Friday.

Philodox on
    That's a Freudian mansex if I ever cocked one.
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Aha, second part received! Now I just need a delivery box ...

Wildcat on
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My santees gift was ordered yesterday and he should receive it in the next week of so.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So... if we're having a bit of trouble getting stuff on time then building/converting it... can we send a box or two?

I'm a bit more confident in my Santee's ability than my own anyway.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will send this. I will send this. I WILL send this.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So... if we're having a bit of trouble getting stuff on time then building/converting it... can we send a box or two?

I'm a bit more confident in my Santee's ability than my own anyway.
    All you have to do is give a gift - it's just cool and awesome to do something special.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My gift arrived today, thank you very much mysterious board member :) I didn't see any note in the box so I'm not sure who it's from besides the real name. My local gaming circle will be very sad that I now have E-Vlad.

DSC01166-1.jpg

Philodox on
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Philodox wrote: »
    My gift arrived today, thank you very much mysterious board member :) I didn't see any note in the box so I'm not sure who it's from besides the real name. My local gaming circle will be very sad that I now have E-Vlad.

DSC01166-1.jpg

Awesome, I'm glad you like it.

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My santee's gift is in the mail, it should be there next week some time.

Philodox on
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gods willing, my santee's gift will be mailbound monday at the latest.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gift part one, in the mail.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I just got an IM from my mom, saying that she was putting together a care package, when something arrived for me in the mail. I asked her what was inside, and she said, 'I really can't describe it. The note says it's a 'penitent engine.' So, it got tucked away with the mac and cheese and popcorn kernel and is winging it's way to Japan as we speak. Thanks for the model Philodox!

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Box Get!

BOX.jpg

Plastic Get!

PLASTIC.jpg

It's purty! =)

SEXY.jpg

Shirt Get!

OBEY.jpg

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I just got an IM from my mom, saying that she was putting together a care package, when something arrived for me in the mail. I asked her what was inside, and she said, 'I really can't describe it. The note says it's a 'penitent engine.' So, it got tucked away with the mac and cheese and popcorn kernel and is winging it's way to Japan as we speak. Thanks for the model Philodox!

You're welcome, hopefully it fits in with the rest of your army :)

Philodox on
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Huzzah, all my mail troubles seem to be sorting themselves out at once. Hey Regecid3, please tell me that there was a set of resin commander pieces to go with that plastic weapons sprue. :P

Also, there should've been a note in there with the turbosquig shirt:
    To: Regicid3, From: Gabriel Pitt, Message: You have received Greater Good Propaganda Piece 2/4. All Fire Caste members are to equip this garment to sew confusion amongst our foes, and redirect fire away from out Beloved Ethereals.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ah, yeah! I got that too. I had read it walking up to stairs and forgot about it as I was rushing to take pictures before I had to get back to what I was doing.

This?

8812c56418c2.jpg

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Forgeworld does screw things up every now and then, so I wanted to be sure you got the entire model. Here's the link to SHAS'O R'MYR'S BATTLESUIT on the FW page. So, to start off your Tau army, you now have one spiffy looking Commander. Now you just need a couple of troop choices, and you'll be ready to rock out with your cock out, for the greater good.

Or something.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, I have been terribly busy and hideously lazy but I finally got my gift sent out this afternoon.
    Should show up next week, fingers crossed!

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, I decided to roughly double the size of my package. The lucky bugger who gets it is gonna need to do a bit of bitz work, but otherwise, it's all good.

Sending later today or tomorrow.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ++ ASTROPATHIC RECORD COMMENCES ++

TO: GREAT WOLF DAYSPRING, LORD OF ASAHEIM, KEEPER OF THE FANG, MASTER OF FENRIS

DATE: 285 937 M41

Astropathic Path: Blocked at this time. Delivery deferred.

Great Wolf, it is with joy that I inform you of the safe arrival of the newest Blood Claw pack to the front lines on Achenarios Delta.
    [INS: 1.MINDIMG, 2.MINDIMG]
    iPhonePictures056.jpg

iPhonePictures053.jpg

Thanks to these reinforcements I feel we should have the heretics of Apostate Pontiate Phllipos quelled within the week. I gladly renew my oaths of fealty and promise to bring glory back with us to the Fang. Praise Russ! Praise the Allfather!

Thought for the Day: Here I am and here I shall die
    - Attributed to Leman Russ at the Battle of Rising Fell

++ RECORD ENDS ++

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My care package from my parents arrived, and now I see that Philodox put one over on my poor mother. She said that the presumed penitent engine was 'bare metal with some paint slapped on.' Which I thought was odd, because it'd sounded like Philodox had put some effort into it. Little did she know that it was not metal, but paint!

salamandar023.jpg

Paint with SOURCE LIGHTING!

salamandar024.jpg
    From a guard's eye perspective, this thing is absolutely horrifying, like it's about to come down right on top of you all roaring saws and burning promethium. And my lonely Penitent Engine from the Technicality last year has a buddy!

termies012.jpg
    Doesn't she look thrilled? I was so chuffed at getting a second engine that I picked up a third when I was in Osaka last weekend, so I'll be able to field an entire unit of them. Of course this means I'm actually going to have to paint one myself. Unless of course another Penitent Engine is what Gabbo has been laboring over since the Christmas Present exchange, in which case, anyone need a spare Engine? ^_^

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hehe that is awesome. Philodox is a braver man than I to put it in a pose like that, but I wish I had now as it looks sweet.

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2008
    That's okay, you used more colors and made the banners wicked slick. :P Now, I'm going to have to make the third one the happy medium that connects the differing painting philosophies of the two. D: I'm also wondering what witchery and deep pinning is allowing that single leg to hold the weight of the whole model so well. The engine is a pretty hefty chunk of metal. Both the leg and foot joins were loosened during shipping, but I fixed them up pretty solid. The pinning job on the arms was pretty good - I would really hate trying to store a Penitent Engine that didn't have removable arms, but I had to reinforce the flame arm with a magnet to ensure it stays put in tabletop conditions.

BTW, Philodox, the paintjob picked up a couple chips in shipping. I'm going to fix them up, but I need to know if you've already hit it up with a layer of 'ardcoat or other sealant.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I put a couple of coats of GW matte spray sealant. I was hoping it would be enough but I guess international shipping was the stronger foe. I'm glad you like it :)

Philodox on
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'll have to grab a bottle of that GW brush on matte coat then - the spray sealant I like to use occasionally reacts poorly to already sealed models.

Now, I just need to get about sixty or so assorted Soritas painted, and then I'll be able to have all three penitents hitting the table in a vanguard of flames and woodshop safety violations.

I wonder what I should do with the spare penitent pilot that came with the kit?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    T wildcat glad they showed up ok!
    I've been wrestling with finishing my degree and moving house these past few months so it's not the most inspired gift i'm afraid, but hopefully they will be useful to you!

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I got my stuff! Whoever my Santa is (don't want to say your name on the forum), thanks for the heavy weapons team and codex! They're just what I need to start. Also it's really cool to have some new stuff, most of my stuff is second-hand.

My gift should be on its way soon, life's kinda been hectic as of late.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    =) You're welcome.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What's wrong with saying your Santa's name?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I dunno, you could all be rapists.

Thanks a bunch Regi.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I'm really unable to follow your line of reasoning. Unless you mean your Santa sent your gift without including mention of his forum handle, and so the only way you could identify them was by using their real name.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I'm really unable to follow your line of reasoning. Unless you mean your Santa sent your gift without including mention of his forum handle, and so the only way you could identify them was by using their real name.

That was exactly what I meant. Sorry that didn't come through.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My gift should be on its way soon, life's kinda been hectic as of late.

Likewise. Just need to put the finishing touches to it. Not used to painting this type of model at all!

J on