One-eyed invader in the [chat] room

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    God damn that 10,000 BC movie was crap.

I warned you!

I need to stop letting my mom take me to the movies. She has TERRIBLE taste.

I'm just glad that I talked her into Spiderwick last time.

But that 10,000 BC thing... ugh... racist tripe.

--

Also: Hollywood? Fuck you you goddamn lameass racist tripe-sellers. FUCK YOU ALL.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    I hate Radiohead on principle because I can't seem to have a conversation about them without a Radiohead fan completely douching up my day.

Fastest way to make me hate your music is to have dicks for fans.

That's a pretty dumb reason to not listen to a band.

James on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Today is the day!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    James wrote: »
    I hate Radiohead on principle because I can't seem to have a conversation about them without a Radiohead fan completely douching up my day.

You're a pretty dumb reason to not hate your face.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This is for Gim, because I ended up really liking this CD :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzNrYRqH35Q&feature=related

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Aegis wrote: »

Damn Canadian accents. I notice them everywhere now. They are haunting me.

If it weren't for the Canadian flag and the bio of the group that uploaded it, I would never have figured them to be Canadians. They just sound normal to me.

Waldo had some pretty strong Canadanese going on at the beginning there.

James on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Damn Canadian accents. I notice them everywhere now. They are haunting me.

If it weren't for the Canadian flag and the bio of the group that uploaded it, I would never have figured them to be Canadians. They just sound normal to me.

I didn't see the flag or check the bio. But I noticed the accents pretty quick. I might be a useful intelligence asset. Hmmmm.

Damn: I guess not.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I swear, if someone mentions harmonic dissonance...

---

gundam: <3

Gim on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So hey.

Is it considered a mental illness to hate repetitious patterns?

Also: Is the 1st chapter of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man supposed to be really really lame, or is it just the first book ever to use that really really lame collection of high school writing tricks, and everyone else just horribly abused it?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Honestly, if we were having a debate, that would be a fallacious argument. You're judging music based on fans rather than the music itself. It just screams pretentious douchebag.

James on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Church wrote: »
    Oh my god

guys

I am floating

Nice. I've got a headache from drinking what the natives call gasoline earlier.

But but but

but

I'm not high

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »

man, they just killed when I saw them live. Some shitty bar here in ottawa with a really awful opener.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Nice. Very nice.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So hey.

Also: Is the 1st chapter of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man supposed to be really really lame, or is it just the first book ever to use that really really lame collection of high school writing tricks, and everyone else just horribly abused it?
    Apparently yes.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Get what though? I'm seeking truth here and getting nothing. Do I have to do drugs? I am not trolling.

The message? Nuances?

Do you read complicated books once and never think about them again, or do you mull over them and plumb their themes and mechanisms?
    Oh hahaha. Yeah, I read them, explore, pontificate and then reach a point where exploring anymore reaches pompous post-grad english major ridiculousness.

Ok. So since you buy that there can be more to an art than the surface, why do you suppose it is a keen notion to dismiss something as bland/generic when there is a host of people insisting that there is some real substance there that you can derive from listening to the albums a few times?
    Because the songs, they sound so similar.

I see.
    Have you ever been a music major or do you possess functional knowledge of music theory?

I feel as though I would be taking a more hardline stance if I was. Do you have a point?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    "If you don't get it, why do you review it? Look at the crowd that admires Radiohead. People of all ages intent on questioning societal taboos, establishment, motives and actions of political leaders, corporations, media... People who insist on thinking for themselves and caring for each other. Have you even been to a Radiohead concert? Have you felt the vibe of thousands of people singing along to Karma Police or Just? I doubt it. But if you have and you've missed out on one of the most genuinely uplifting experiences, I feel sorry for you."

• Options
    edited March 2008
    So hey.

Apparently yes.

Well damn.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Get what though? I'm seeking truth here and getting nothing. Do I have to do drugs? I am not trolling.

The message? Nuances?

Do you read complicated books once and never think about them again, or do you mull over them and plumb their themes and mechanisms?
    Oh hahaha. Yeah, I read them, explore, pontificate and then reach a point where exploring anymore reaches pompous post-grad english major ridiculousness.

Ok. So since you buy that there can be more to an art than the surface, why do you suppose it is a keen notion to dismiss something as bland/generic when there is a host of people insisting that there is some real substance there that you can derive from listening to the albums a few times?
    Because the songs, they sound so similar.

I see.
    Have you ever been a music major or do you possess functional knowledge of music theory?

I feel as though I would be taking a more hardline stance if I was. Do you have a point?
    That. That was it. Same chords, different song.

• Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Nice. Very nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaF6ctNEgw0&NR=1

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    That. That was it. Same chords, different song.

I see. I can't say that I noticed, but then again I haven't listened to the Bends that much.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    "If you don't get it, why do you review it? Look at the crowd that admires Radiohead. People of all ages intent on questioning societal taboos, establishment, motives and actions of political leaders, corporations, media... People who insist on thinking for themselves and caring for each other. Have you even been to a Radiohead concert? Have you felt the vibe of thousands of people singing along to Karma Police or Just? I doubt it. But if you have and you've missed out on one of the most genuinely uplifting experiences, I feel sorry for you."

Damn. I feel sorry for me. Is it like Scientology with the paying or do you get if for free?

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited March 2008
    HOW THE HELL CAN U SAY RADIOHEAD R CRAP, THEY R ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENCIAL BANDS EVER. APART FROM PINK FLOYD AND NIRVANA THEY R THE MOST INFLUENCAL. THEY R THE ONLY BAND TO HAVE 5 ALBUMS, THE BENDS,OK COMPUTER,KID-A,AMNESIAC AND HAIL TO THE THIEF, THAT ALL MEAN SOMETHING TO PEOPLE. NOT EVEN THE BEATLES HAD SIX ALBUMS THAT COULD BE RATED IN THE TOP 100. BUT RADIOHEAD COULD. BEST BAND EVER(APART FROM FLOYD :D)

• Options
    edited March 2008
    So hey.

Apparently yes.

Well damn.

As if you didn't already know.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited March 2008
    You know what?

This

is just great.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    oh john answer me this you wise donkey you
    should all lyrics have some definite, concrete
    meaning ... or should abstract thought be thrown out the window ... sometimes oh i don't know people leave what they say or write or paint or whatever to the imagination of someone with a brain bigger than a walnut ... just my two cents ... and your choice of music is fine (i am a classical enjoyer as well) ... it's just when you insult my other choices i am compelled to defend

• Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Using the textured soundscapes of The Bends as a launching pad, Radiohead delivered another startlingly accomplished set of modern guitar rock with OK Computer. The anthemic guitar heroics present on Pablo Honey and even The Bends are nowhere to be heard here. Radiohead have stripped away many of the obvious elements of guitar rock, creating music that is subtle and textured yet still has the feeling of rock & roll. Even at its most adventurous -- such as the complex, multi-segmented "Paranoid Android" -- the band is tight, melodic, and muscular, and Thom Yorke's voice effortlessly shifts from a sweet falsetto to vicious snarls. It's a thoroughly astonishing demonstration of musical virtuosity and becomes even more impressive with repeated listens, which reveal subtleties like electronica rhythms, eerie keyboards, odd time signatures, and complex syncopations. Yet all of this would simply be showmanship if the songs weren't strong in themselves, and OK Computer is filled with moody masterpieces, from the shimmering "Subterranean Homesick Alien" and the sighing "Karma Police" to the gothic crawl of "Exit Music (For a Film)." OK Computer is the album that establishes Radiohead as one of the most inventive and rewarding guitar rock bands of the '90s.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    HOW THE HELL CAN U SAY RADIOHEAD R CRAP, THEY R ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENCIAL BANDS EVER. APART FROM PINK FLOYD AND NIRVANA THEY R THE MOST INFLUENCAL. THEY R THE ONLY BAND TO HAVE 5 ALBUMS, THE BENDS,OK COMPUTER,KID-A,AMNESIAC AND HAIL TO THE THIEF, THAT ALL MEAN SOMETHING TO PEOPLE. NOT EVEN THE BEATLES HAD SIX ALBUMS THAT COULD BE RATED IN THE TOP 100. BUT RADIOHEAD COULD. BEST BAND EVER(APART FROM FLOYD :D)

Karma Police. Arrest ^^
    Somebody kill me

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited March 2008
    I think now

I'll

float to bed.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Honestly, if we were having a debate, that would be a fallacious argument. You're judging music based on fans rather than the music itself. It just screams pretentious douchebag.

That's funny, because in my experience being a Radiohead fan screams pretentious douchebag, and in the Zimmyverse, correlation implies causation more often than not. The fact that I dislike the music itself has historically been interpreted by fans of said band as an invitation to turbodickery, which has not sat well with Zimmy, no sir.

I have also never heard an ICP song in my life. I consider myself ahead of the curve in this regard.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    As if you didn't already know.

Sometimes you just have to make sure you have some precedence for when you plead insanity.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

So you typed Hate radiohead into google and are now regaling us with some fuckstick's response? You're really helping your case here, fuzzy.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Huh?

James on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    What was the last Radiohead song you heard on the radio or saw on MTV?
    It's been a long time since Creep.
    While they have do have the huge fan base of a "popular" band, I still wouldn't call them that.
    They're very talented and put real effort into their music, and that sets them aside from the "Nickelback" style bands.

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Church is living in an xkcd comic.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited March 2008

That's funny, because in my experience being a Radiohead fan screams pretentious douchebag, and in the Zimmyverse, correlation implies causation more often than not. The fact that I dislike the music itself has historically been interpreted by fans of said band as an invitation to turbodickery, which has not sat well with Zimmy, no sir.

I have also never heard an ICP song in my life. I consider myself ahead of the curve in this regard.

:roll:

James on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It's OK to hate Radiohead. He's trying the best he can.
    No really shoot me

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Church is living in an xkcd comic.

Dude. That would

be

so awesome.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Um, yeah...I used to like radiohead, then I developed as a musician and realized how contrived and lame their music is. What a prime example of a band playing "left handed just because they can". Get with it folks. Radiohead is a top 40 band....(yes, they are on the chart at your local crappy record chain). It seems to me that the only people who "get" their music are people who can't play instruments....and yes everyone I know who can make music and listens to radiohead is a shitty musician. It's been years man. Radiohead have always been such a huge hype machine, and you bought it. It's like everyone here can't seem to see that the only reason they think radiohead is genius is because their record label told them so. Just because someone can work a synthesizer doesn't make them gods of rock. They'll earn due respect when they stop being so pretentious, and start playing music.
    This almost sums up my sentiments.

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Contrived.

Yeah.

Sums it up.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It's OK to hate Radiohead. He's trying the best he can.
    No really shoot me

I don't care if someone doesn't like a band after listening to them, but judging them based on fans is ridiculous.

James on
This discussion has been closed.