Options

One-eyed invader in the [chat] room

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Being drunk is no excuse for poor grammar, spelling, or punctuation.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    there are way too many hours in the day

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There are way too many hours in this shift.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    There are some songs I want to listen to but I have no idea how I could go about acquiring them, at least not in a timely fashion. I'd probably have to use eBay. Blah.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    there are way too many hours in the day

Only when no one's expecting you to get anything done.

Edit: And even then only if you don't want to do anything of your own accord either.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Goddamn, my GPS just occasionally gives out lies. The voice demands I stay left only to chuckle when I miss my right turn. This added an extra four miles to a 5.9 mile journey on the way there.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mornin' guys.

I'm after getting a haircut. I feel sexah now :D

Tav on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tav, which region of Ireland is it that has the stereotypical completely monotone accent?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Generally the north... but it seems to just be more of a thing amongst older Irish people as opposed to something shared by people of an area.

e: Example.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So some people still think Ladder Theory is okay it seems. Well I'm not ever going to run out of cards to hand out for that, so whatever.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I can't even remember what Ladder Theory is. The stupid has been washed out of my brain.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    On the bus this morning, the person in front of me was playing Zelda on an emulator on a EEE PC. That was cool.

Tav on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    I can never read the forums at a cafe or the uni anymore. People keep going OMG PA LOL at me

I even get it with CivIV on the freakin train...

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Nick is showing up a lot of places lately. He did the soundtrack to The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
    He did The Proposition too. That was good. I mean, I'm lowbrow as fuck and usually love bruckheimer bullshit, but that was a very well done film.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    Nick is showing up a lot of places lately. He did the soundtrack to The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
    He did The Proposition too. That was good. I mean, I'm lowbrow as fuck and usually love bruckheimer bullshit, but that was a very well done film.

He actually wrote The Proposition.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    probably! but hey, I'm a Bruce Willis fan. What would I know :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I can never read the forums at a cafe or the uni anymore. People keep going OMG PA LOL at me

Seriously? Here people generally don't look at my screen unless they're creepy or invited to.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Seriously? Here people generally don't look at my screen unless they're creepy or invited to.

What VC said. Looking at peoples screen is like looking at their phone when they're sending a text...

Tav on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    well, that was mostly at uni. it was odd. and yeah, harmless but still kinda creepy :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »

What VC said. Looking at peoples screen is like looking at their phone when they're sending a text...

It's one of those situations where they've crossed all the social boundaries necessary to justify you suddenly turning to face them with your noses like an inch apart and go "Y HALO THERE SOMETHING I CAN HELPS YOU WITH, HMMMM?". Bonus points if you have a lit cigarette in your mouth.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    When I'm looking at PA in public people generally don't even know what I'm looking at.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

It's one of those situations where they've crossed all the social boundaries necessary to justify you suddenly turning to face them with your noses like an inch apart and go "Y HALO THERE SOMETHING I CAN HELPS YOU WITH, HMMMM?". Bonus points if you have a lit cigarette in your mouth.

Better if you do that and just say "Hey."

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hello pizza from last night. You will fill my tummy.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    When I'm looking at PA in public people generally don't even know what I'm looking at.
    usually. But there's always one.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Usually but always?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Not in my class. They still think that Chuck Norris facts are funny.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Better if you do that and just say "Hey."

In my homeland, if you catch someone looking at your screens you're legally entitled and depending on what's on the screen sometimes required to whip out your concealed combat knife and open their throat then sheath it again in one fluid, elliptical motion.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So some people still think Ladder Theory is okay it seems. Well I'm not ever going to run out of cards to hand out for that, so whatever.

I'm an asshole and I think it still applies in some circles and to some situations. But most of my interactions are with Ohioans and my interpretation of the ladder theory is very loose.

Speaking of Ohio this fucking blizzard sucks, I have people stuck at my house.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It's true that some fucked up retards actually operate on ladder-theory. Guess who ladder-theory was written to make fun of, smarts? That doesn't make it healthy.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't read these forums in public. You people are my dirty little secret.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2008
    In my homeland, if you catch someone looking at your screens you're legally entitled and depending on what's on the screen sometimes required to whip out your concealed combat knife and open their throat then sheath it again in one fluid, elliptical motion.
    Mine does too.

However Good Samaritan laws have complicated things a bit.

Quid on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    When I'm checking PA in public people think PA is the new hip, because I'm just so cool that no matter what I'll do, everyone will just assume it's avant-garde.

*edit: and hello people. I'm in the process of creating a presentation about how the different forces in the Climate Change debate.

From extreme "omg we're all going to diiiieeeee" to extreme"there is no climate change *jedi hand gesture*"

-Mister and Missus Ehrlich etc.
    -An inconvenient truth
    -
    -
    -
    -Al Gore when he's not trying to make a political statement
    -D&D's public opinion
    -IPCC
    -
    -
    -Neutral parties
    -
    -Copenhagen Consensus with Lomborg
    -
    -Most economists
    -
    -
    -
    -Beckerman, Simon etcetera.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It's true that some fucked up retards actually operate on ladder-theory. Guess who ladder-theory was written to make fun of, smarts? That doesn't make it healthy.

Well we can both agree that it's far from healthy and a terrible awful thing. I spent too much time looking into that pick up artist crap to totally discredit though. Oh well, I just felt it'd be an appropriate way to say hi to you this morning VC <3

At the moment I believe we can be unified in our hatred of Ohio. I was supposed to be partying at OU this weekend :x

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mine does too.

What someone pretended they were trying to locate dead-pixels for you and thus didn't deserve to die? Bullshit.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Actually winter is the only good thing in Ohio. It's nice and mild here, I get to enjoy the snow but not so much of it as to be able to prevent travel.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mine does too.

What someone pretended they were trying to locate dead-pixels for you and thus didn't deserve to die? Bullshit.
    Well that's just it, when someone was gushing blood people rushed over to help the computer person had to knife them for aiding the bastard, and then people would come to help them they'd get knifed. It was a vicious cycle. And not a very well thought out law.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hey Grace, I think you should know that you're an enabler.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mine does too.

Well that's just it, when someone was gushing blood people rushed over to help the computer person had to knife them for aiding the bastard, and then people would come to help them they'd get knifed. It was a vicious cycle. And not a very well thought out law.

Oh come on there couldn't have been more than like 20 people in the cafe.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I enjoy winter too. . .but not when I can't open my car door because there's too much snow beside it.

Oh well. Nothing I can do but go back to bed.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    A valid point VC. A valid point.

Oh shit I need to pick a new video.

Quid on
This discussion has been closed.