As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME ON] Super Smash Bros. BRAWL- The wait is over!

1545556575860»

• TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    I'm seriously baffled at the number of people who hate the SSE. I think it's magnificent. It's essentially every nintendo game rolled into one.

Oh, I don't hate it. SSE is incredible and awesome. Except the maze. The maze is a fucking piece of shit added in only as filler. It sucks and is horrible. It's a waste and shouldn't have been put in.

Otherwise, SSE is perfect.

Think of it this way - You're playing metroid with virtually every nintendo character.

TheSonicRetard on
  • UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I thought SSE's level design/cut scenes were awesome, but the enemies you were faced were obnoxious. I played Melee a lot, so while I'm no pro, I feel I'm quite competent at the game so I played SSE on Hard mode. The floating eyeballs whos quick attack was about as strong of a launcher as a home-run bat, the lance thing and sword thrower which had a ton of hp and huge and devastating attacks, the small little things that several characters couldn't deal with easily (ie. Snake with no 360 degree low attack, burying a mine is cool, but not here), and the worst, the fucking screaming ghosts that did 40-50% damage, keeping you in place, AND regenerated their health, FUCK THAT NOISE. 3 or 4 would just merge on top of me and gang rape me. Also, the whole off the screen knock out doesn't fit that well with a sidescroller. The level where you get wolf, the ruins? There is a minecart that if you get into, will go so fast that it will ko you for being off the screen. For fucks sake, don't put a supposedly helpful device there if all it will do is kill me.

On another not, I can't play with strangers online. My friend matches connect just fine, but it times out when trying to join a stranger match. Spectating works fine too for me, anyone else have this kind of issue?

Ultarune on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well that was fun. I still need work on Olimar, but I do pretty well with Pikachu. Samus, though, she's just impossible for me to deal with competitively, I think I'm about done playing her online.

Bulba, you seem pretty decent with Sonic, I'd like to try him out once i get him unlocked, whenever the hell that is. And I forget who the third guy was, Jim or whomever? You brought some heavy lag with you, son, I stayed for one game and that was about it. I don't blame you if you just don't have a great internet connection, but I ain't staying up to play slow-motion brawl.

I'm gonna head off to bed, you guys have a good night.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    I'm seriously baffled at the number of people who hate the SSE. I think it's magnificent. It's essentially every nintendo game rolled into one.

Oh, I don't hate it. SSE is incredible and awesome. Except the maze. The maze is a fucking piece of shit added in only as filler. It sucks and is horrible. It's a waste and shouldn't have been put in.

Otherwise, SSE is perfect.

Think of it this way - You're playing metroid with virtually every nintendo character.

I agree; for the most part I enjoyed the maze. Some of the enemies in it I really could've done without, though. Mostly the pixel-ghosts. Fuck those guys.

Walrus Pete on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    New thread.

Lock this please.

Speed Racer on
  • ldrawldraw Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ultarune wrote: »
    On another not, I can't play with strangers online. My friend matches connect just fine, but it times out when trying to join a stranger match. Spectating works fine too for me, anyone else have this kind of issue?

Yes. I tried many things - port forwarding, DMZ, etc. - all to no avail.

I'm going to try some friend matches tomorrow (couldn't today; had to go to the ER...) as I apparently need to skip work/class for a while. Anyone is free to hit me up with a PM if they want in.

ldraw on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AKA: mdraw, dux, milkman
  • dannnnnnndannnnnnn Registered User regular
    same here

tis ucks

Anyone want to brawl it right now?
    my brawl code is 3311-0536-5422
    tell it to others because my wii is screwy it still says awaiting registration ps write back

remember 3311-0536-5422/or its 3311-0536-5432 im waiting

This discussion has been closed.