Options

Penny Arcade Toys!

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2006
    Jesus throwing the horns would be totally boss, but I had to put my vote behind the Cardboard Tube Samurai. Don't make me explain it, it's beyond anything you could possibly comprehend.

edit: or a CTS add-on for the Gabe figure (a robe, hat and tube?)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Why is this even a contest, surely you must make gabe and tycho's CAT a figure.

Gabe already said in the newspost that they wouldn't be making Thomas Kemper (Gabe & Tycho's cat) into a figure.

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2006
    Jesus does nothing for me. But it looks like Annarchy and CTS are well in the running, so here's hoping.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    entropykidentropykid Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I'm guessing these would be in the vein of the Dark Horse pvc sets? ie: figurines like the hellboy sets, not action figures?

And while I am not Christian, I have to say I would find the inclusion of Christ as a figure a bit tasteless(which is odd for me to even say that, as I am all for edgy humor)

I'm all for Charles, but that may be because he has goggles...or perhaps Annarchy, just to add a female to the lsit. There definately needs to be a female on there.

Incidentally, I remember Gabe posting on Palisades Forums back in early 2003 asking what people would think of Penny Arcade figures, and I believe they were having informal talks with either Palisades or other fan friendly figure companies at the time.

So my guess is we'll see these toward Christmas time(the turn around time on this sort of stuff is insane), they'll be about 3 to 4", and will be a box set of non articulated figurines. I'm also assuming that by San Diego comic con there will be *some* kind of PA plush, most likely fruitfucker, twisp and catsby, or most likely merch.

entropykid on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    mmm CTS

Unknown User on
  • Options
    KrizKriz Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    All of 'em!

Kriz on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Where in the FUCK is Mr. Period and Fruit Fucker? Jeez, I'm not buying this shit without them.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Rehab wrote:
    Jesus. To go next to Buddy Christ.

I could start a Wall of Jesus.

Whoa, where did you get the Buddy Chirst?

http://jayandsilentbob.com/budchrisdass1.html

Technically, I got him at a local comic shop. He proudly presides over my monitor, next to LEGO Millenium Falcon, Taco Bell Yoshi, and Bendy Gumbi.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Personally i think the best action figures would be the mighty fruit fucker with attachable orange and JC throing the horns. But that is just my opinion.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    El MarkiachiEl Markiachi Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    "Definitely".

For the love of sweet f'ing metal Jesus it's spelled "definitely".

On another topic... I am genuinely curious as to what you think Annarchy's appeal is. In all the strips, I never interpreted her as an even somewhat engaging character - so she's a girl gamer who uses big words. She kinda reminds me of Calvin, except, you know, no penis.

El Markiachi on
    Procrastination: Once you've mastered it there's no limit to the things you can't do
    style2,El-spc-Markiachi.png
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    She strikes me as a snarkier, female Tycho. And more of Tycho is always a good thing.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    QuietlyConfidentQuietlyConfident Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I voted for Heyzeus Cristo because the possibilities are endlessly amusing. Not only to have a small, hilarious Jesus figure in my collection that would inspire perhaps offense, perhaps delight, but also the fact that he's gone through so many visual iterations.

After that, however, would be Dr. Darktalon Raven Blood. I'd -REALLY- like a figure of him, but I know I'd buy a Jesus.

QuietlyConfident on
    redux.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Whaaaat? No fruit fucker?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    KilogreKilogre Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Do you people not read the first fucking Post?
    Gabriel wrote:
    The fruit Fucker, Div, The Merch, Twisp and Catsby,Mr. Period, Mr. Tails and Thomas kemper are not listed here because we have other toy related plans for them. This is just a five figure set that should come packaged in nice box that will double as a little diorama.

Kilogre on
    sig.pl?Kilogre
    sigattach21wl.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Just because they have other plans for these characters doesnt mean that my opinion that he should be an action figure has changed at all. Jackass.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    entropykidentropykid Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Incidentally, did anyone see the CTS short on the PAX 2004 dvd...any good?
    I'm surprised CAD beat all th top webcomics to the punch animation wise.

entropykid on
  • Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Dr RavenDTB never seems to get much in these types of character polls.

Shame.

Jeedan on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    Jeedan wrote:
    Dr RavenDTB never seems to get much in these types of character polls.

Shame.

WEll, if my memory serves ( and it never really does ) he was named in one comic and appeared in another, but there have been no further developments of the character.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Annarchy and Cardboard Tube Samurai FTW also Jesus throwing the horns would be nuts!!!!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    CombatCarlCombatCarl Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    103402840_8b84a4db5b.jpg?v=0

CombatCarl on
  • Options
    AuturgistAuturgist Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I voted Annarchy, since she's the matron (although pretty young to be called "matron") of our BF2 server. :D

Auturgist on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    If there's not a little Cardboard Tube Samurai for me to put in my cubicle to guard my honor, I'll freakin' cry like a little schoolgirl.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Saint3kSaint3k Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Hey, look, self-promotion:

38787739_4a857ebd6f_o.jpg

Needs more promotion.

Saint3k on
  • Options
    ImmolationImmolation Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    SLiFE wrote:
    Every Tycho action figure should be accessorized with a bucket on roller skates.

Don't you mean a thesaurus?

Also, most of these choices suck...when I think Penny-Arcade, I don't think of minor characters like Hector and Frank.

Make an old-school pack with Gabe, Tycho, Div, Fruit Fucker, and Thomas Kemper.

I voted for Charles, I'd like to see some sort of action where you can change him from dork to Mac fanboy.

Immolation on
  • Options
    Iz-GOodIz-GOod Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Jesus.

Throwing the horns

Iz-GOod on
    Spizler wrote:
    Also, those green squares can go to hell, along with the tiny purple triangles that like to spawn right next to me while I'm trying to evade a horde of those pink splitters.
    TekkenUserBarIz-GOod.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Hector the caddy.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    SAFETY MONKEY.

[edit]Also, Khoo.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    What about Kara and Brenna?

[Edited to reflect that they have already been mentioned. I agree with the previous posters suggesting them.]

Unknown User on
  • Options
    mudmud Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    It's all crap! I want the dancing New Years Eve Robot!

mud on
    Check out this fast way to find full resolution pictures: http://thingsfromthefuture.com/fastimages
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I think it's a little unfair to have Jesus up there, even though he is pretty cool throwing up the horns. I mean he's Jesus. He doesn't need to be up there. He's too good. Frank, Div, and Thomas should be the ones. They were some of the first extra characters made, and some of the best.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I'm more of a "themed set" guy. And you will definitely move more merchandise that way, IMO.

As such, CTS should be reserved for a CTS-themed set. Hector would well be reserved for a "sports" set that would include Gabe in his golfing get-up and some Nerf gun goodness.

So who should be in the "primary" set? The leads, Kara and Brenna, Annarchy, and Jesus seem to be the best candidates, since Div is off the table.

Sure, some characters like Batjew would be neat, but really, when's the last time we saw Batjew? And is Charles really a core part of the strip as it exists now? Much less so than Kara, Brenna, and Annarchy, for sure. Heck, I think I see less of him than Our Savior, certainly.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I would love to see an action figure of the Canid, the malevolent race of dog men that conquered earth.

Other fun ones would be Wayland Darkspur, Kara, and Brenna. I gotta say that the Canid are at the top of my list. But Mahakala would be great, too. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/04/08)

If the guys decide to go into stuffed animals, the Dire Bear with the Plague would be very amusing.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/06/29

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    BTW, they're idiots. Gabe and Tycho should be in separate sets:

Set 1: Gabe, Brenna*, Hector, Jesus mit der Hornen, Frank**
    Set 2: Tycho, Kara*, Charles, Annarchy, CTS**

*Switch these if I've mixed up who is with whom
    **These can be switched too, although Frank is more natural with Gabe than with Tycho, but CTS doesn't really belong with Tycho either, but I didn't think anyone would want two Gabe figures in the set.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    chrth wrote:
    I didn't think anyone would want two Gabe figures

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    The lack of fruit fucking makes me sad.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I vote for Annarchy, Frank and the Leader of the Obsidian Spur.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Regardless of merchandising plans for Div, how could a Gabe + Tycho figure set be complete without him? There should be some way to fit a tiny Div figure in with other merchandising plans. The same for the cat Thomas Kemper, he's just part of Gabe + Tycho.

But if going with an incomplete set, using Kara and Brenna to round out a set with Charles is a good idea. I also like the idea of including the friendly zombie in a future set.

--Kris

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ForsetiForseti new member
    edited February 2006
    Jesus.

Throwing the horns.

hell yes

Forseti on
    Devildoll22.jpg
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Snapshot wrote:
    The lack of fruit fucking makes me sad.
    "You’ll notice that the Fruit Fucker, Div, Twisp and Catsby and a few others are not listed. This is because we have other toy related plans for them."

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    ZipdotZipdot Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    Obsidian spur
    We have forgotten about
    Forgive us this crime.

(That was a haiku.)

Zipdot on
    stavoil.png