As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is the greatest game of all time

• Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OK, well in that case wait until your tromping down a street, see a bus and decide hey, I feel like inventing something AWESOME today, and make yourself a skatebusboard.

Error on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Error wrote: »
    OK, well in that case wait until your tromping down a street, see a bus and decide hey, I feel like inventing something AWESOME today, and make yourself a skatebusboard.

And then ride it on the median and crush hapless pedestrians and then leap into the air and kick the bus away into another bus which explodes in a big ball of fire

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2008
    but remember, all those civilians survived their injuries. It's like those camcorder shows. They're fine. Hulk doesn't kill people. Honest.

Tube on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I favorite is jumping high and then smashing the ground and watching shit fly...what the hell was the move called? They had awesome names like atomic meteor smash

Dixon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    but remember, all those civilians survived their injuries. It's like those camcorder shows. They're fine. Hulk doesn't kill people. Honest.

Even when you take an old grandma off the street and throw her into the ocean?

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »

Even when you take an old grandma off the street and throw her into the ocean?

Hulk Swimming Lessons

KalTorak on
  • Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love this game so much. Sometimes it gets frustratingly hard, but I really appreciate that the answer to those missions is "Play better."

Except for the last Abomination fight. Seriously, it's nonsensical. How the hell was I supposed to know that he won't drop the generators unless you headbutt him? Pretty random.

Also,
    The entire last fight, you're fighting so that Abomination won't destroy the dam above the city. Once you win the fight... Abomination destroys the dam above the city. And Hulk saves the day in a way that makes the whole previous fight irrelevant. Gee thanks.

BUT ANYWAY

We need another sandbox sequel that utilizes the Mercenaries 2 engine. Just sayin'

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love this game so much. Sometimes it gets frustratingly hard, but I really appreciate that the answer to those missions is "Play better."

Except for the last Abomination fight. Seriously, it's nonsensical. How the hell was I supposed to know that he won't drop the generators unless you headbutt him? Pretty random.

Also,
    The entire last fight, you're fighting so that Abomination won't destroy the dam above the city. Once you win the fight... Abomination destroys the dam above the city. And Hulk saves the day in a way that makes the whole previous fight irrelevant. Gee thanks.

BUT ANYWAY

We need another sandbox sequel that utilizes the Mercenaries 2 engine. Just sayin'

I think it would rock to have an Avengers sand box game.

Hulk AND Ironman? Maybe even with co-op?

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Xtarath wrote: »

Also,

BUT ANYWAY

THOR

With awesome weather physics

I'd buy every copy of that game, no matter the cost

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Also,

BUT ANYWAY

THOR

Well there is an Avengers movie coming out soon.

We can dream.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The absolute best is using that flying headbutt move on a giant mech

Hulk jumps 300 feet into the air, pauses while he has a giant fuck-off migraine, then becomes a living mech-seeking missile

Green on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This game is the fucking shit.

Like it is the fucking shit.

If there is shit right and they are games right and theyre good right this game it takes them and it beats them to a pulp and then tears them in half and uses them as gloves and beats up a guy and then throws them at a helicopter.

This game is in my top 5 of favourite games ever.

Ever.

I can't stop grinning ear to ear while playing this fucking game. It and me, we were made for each other.

Everytime I think up a neat thing right. Everytime.

I'm fucking grinning. Huge cheesy fucking grin.

I'm like the joker only I'm tearing shit in half.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting the feeling I should look into buying this game.

But I'm not sure.

What do you guys really think about it?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting the feeling I should look into buying this game.

But I'm not sure.

What do you guys really think about it?

RRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Also,

BUT ANYWAY

THOR

Anyone else remember the Marvel fighting game EA was working on for a while? Pretty much what you described, free roaming Hulk vs. Iron Man and all.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In short? HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Error on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »

Also,

BUT ANYWAY

THOR

Anyone else remember the Marvel fighting game EA was working on for a while? Pretty much what you described, free roaming Hulk vs. Iron Man and all.

Yeah except it looked terrible and then they realized it was so they canceled it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I gave away my copy a week after I bought because I wanted someone else to enjoy it too. What a fucking retard. I can't believe I did that :(

next time I have enough money I'm buying this game again and an original Xbox. Playing it on the 360 didn't feel right.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been playing this awesome ball of undending viscereal joy so much I had to trim the sharp edge off my thumb fingernail because I've made it dig into my thumb from hammering buttons.

GOOOOOOOOOD this game is fun.

I can see myself playing this game for ages.

I haven't even touched the cheats yet.

I'm up to
    Done city, badlands, now up to city again.

Elbow drop is glee, fucking everything is glee.

Shield grinding is the fucking shit I love this move.

Lawl challenge spoiler:
    Just found the urban golf minigame. Fucking gangster hulk! :lol:

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been playing this awesome ball of undending viscereal joy so much I had to trim the sharp edge off my thumb fingernail because I've made it dig into my thumb from hammering buttons.

GOOOOOOOOOD this game is fun.

I can see myself playing this game for ages.

I haven't even touched the cheats yet.

I'm up to
    Done city, badlands, now up to city again.

Elbow drop is glee, fucking everything is glee.

Shield grinding is the fucking shit I love this move.

Lawl challenge spoiler:
    Just found the urban golf minigame. Fucking gangster hulk! :lol:
    They weren't lying when they said that this is the ultimate super hero game.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Man don't insult this game by lumping it in with that pack of wannabe cashins.

This is a real fucking game here.

He could be pink and called the incredible fag as long as he could do the same shit this game lets you do.

The whole thing just oozes ok what else can we do that is fun let's cram that in.

The Hulk license is most definitely not this games selling point. It's irrelevant.

It's easily one of the best sandbox smashemups I've played in my entire life and that's all that needs to be said, it being Hulk is just the icing on the cake.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I told you. This game is objectively the best ever made.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Werl.

I don't want to say you are right because then you get a big head and you don't need a bigger one.

But I'd say you are pretty damn close.

Pretty damn close indeed.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The again you like it and you like horrible games so maybe I should rethink.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I actually understand where you are coming from now though.

I mean if you are comparing all these games you yap about being terrible to this.

I can see your point.

God that was hard to say.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Though if every single building was destructible it would be better.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Would get kind of boring after all the buildings fell down.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Then they could be rebuilt after you leave!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Could Hulk build a building so tall that even he could not smash it?

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Could Hulk build a building so tall that even he could not smash it?
    Yes but then Reed Richards would blow it up!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So I was doing the challenge:
    Urban Golf.

I did two "holes" and got bored and then thought: "Wait a minute, this city is a giant circle."

So I turned around and played around the world through the rest of the city back to the hole.

Final tally was like 130. :D

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I just beat this.

The second last battle is my favourite gameplay level/ boss fight / game anything in the entire universe.

But what the fuck were they thinking about the last one? Once I worked out what to do he died so quickly but having a set way to beat the last guy in such a freeform game it's like they forgot what they were doing at the last second.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    EnfiladeEnfilade Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Got this through GameFly based on the OP. Holy SHIT! I just finished the last boss fight and am planning on playing through again on hard so I can beat up mechs for longer and get the last 10 comics I'm missing.

This game might do its "thing" better than any other game does its "thing." HD console treatment on a game like this would be so insane. Throwing mechs and cows through skyscrapers and giving chase through the hole you created would be satisfying.

Enfilade on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    An "HD Console Version" is coming, but it's not Hulk. The guys who made this (Radical) are making Prototype, which seems to be very-very similar gameplay in New York. In fact I hear they're even using an updated version of the same engine.

Check out some of the gameplay clips on GameTrailers - 'cause if you loved UD, Prototype is the game you've been waiting for. Sometime '09, I believe - no release date yet.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I forgot all about Prototype. Finally a reason besides Rock Band for me to get a 360.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Prototype is one of my most anticipated games

LewieP on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yep there's 2 sleeper hits I've got my eye on for '09: Prototype (which is a must-buy no matter what any reviewer tells me) and WET. The first vid of WET made me go 'okay, wtf is this?' and the last gameplay vid I saw of the girl doing a knee-slide under an obstacle, slo-mo shooting a baddie, then leaping to a horizontal pole to swing Sands-of-Time style to another pole and then fling herself out over a small plaza before slowing down time again...

Well, color me intrigued. After Stranglehold failed to really grab me by the nuts, I could use a new Max Payne-ish experience.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I, too, have wanted Prototype for a while now.

I wish the fucking thing would stop being delayed though.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Goddamn this thread and my empty wallet. Damn it all!

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Chance wrote: »
    Yep there's 2 sleeper hits I've got my eye on for '09: Prototype (which is a must-buy no matter what any reviewer tells me) and WET. The first vid of WET made me go 'okay, wtf is this?' and the last gameplay vid I saw of the girl doing a knee-slide under an obstacle, slo-mo shooting a baddie, then leaping to a horizontal pole to swing Sands-of-Time style to another pole and then fling herself out over a small plaza before slowing down time again...

Well, color me intrigued. After Stranglehold failed to really grab me by the nuts, I could use a new Max Payne-ish experience.

I just watched the WET trailer after reading this. Shit, that looked so amazing that I'm afraid to keep following it because it might turn out to be not as cool as all that.

KalTorak on