As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoD4] There's a new thread! Get off my damn lawn!

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Domhnall wrote: »
    Or this mean mother hubbard.
    skorpion_vz61-7_65.jpg

Pew pew pew pew!

Real men use the Mac 10 John Woo style.

Which is spraying it everywhere, killing noone and screaming WOOOOOO

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Where do I begin...
    Except now the rest of your team is getting shot in the back because enemies are spawning behind them. Now I'm all about flanking maneuvers but if you've got their team locked down to one spawn area, it's usually better to just pick them off as they come out.

and in case you didn't read it here it is again...
    Except now the rest of your team is getting shot in the back because enemies are spawning behind them. Now I'm all about flanking maneuvers but if you've got their team locked down to one spawn area, it's usually better to just pick them off as they come out.

This is the easiest rule to follow for guaranteed 2/1 k/d ratios and easy wins and it never fails somebody will break it ESPECIALLY ON BOG!
    Want a pistol that kills in one shot? Pick any other fucking pistol and don't worry about the retarded kick back and slow refire speed of the Deagle.

I concur. For some odd reason Deagle just screams to me infantile teenager with life issues.

King Kong on
  • Options
    intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    necro post: TOURNAMENT - FREE PRIZES - FREE SHIPPING

I'm hosting another tournament, easy, wins prizes for you. Looks good for me. Basically going to throw a match on a server on the 21st of Feb at 10am central. If you get top kills you win a prize (currently World at War for PC but this is negotiable, I'll buy you L4D if you like). Easy right? Just show up, kill some people for one match, win free games. Sign up here:

Epic Tournaments

intelnavi on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Coopra wrote: »
    I vaguely remember playing against someone with the Gt Kris today.

WAS IT YOU???

I dont think so. It's possible tho, I am a loose cannon which no one can control.

Also, I use the DEagle. Specifically, the gold DEagle for the following reasons:
    1) It's so SHINEY
    2) It makes a big boom and you fucks won't let me use .50 Sniper

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    skorpion_vz61-7_65.jpg

Pew pew pew pew!

It's a pretty awesome gun to shoot in real life. Going full-auto, you can put all 20 rounds in a quarter-sized hole at 15 yards. Very accurate and low recoil.

Also, my favorite build:

Silenced G36C
    USP (loud to draw people towards my claymores)
    Stun grenade
    Claymores
    Dead Silence
    UAV Jammer

Occasionally I'll swap in a silenced AK-74 or silenced P90 depending on the map. I usually wind up with a 3:1 kill ratio with this build, regardless of map.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    skorpion_vz61-7_65.jpg

Pew pew pew pew!
    I used it seriously for the first time today with a silencer.

It was awesooooooome.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SirToasty wrote: »
    skorpion_vz61-7_65.jpg

Pew pew pew pew!
    I used it seriously for the first time today with a silencer.

It was awesooooooome.

I call it the laser.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jesus. Finally played this online for the PC. Is it just me, or is this game INCREDIBLY fast paced? It's almost too fast for me. I normally spawn and die well within 20 seconds. Is there any way to get good at this game?

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Probably too late in the cycle to get good on PC. Come play with us 360'ers and well show you the ropes.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh awesome. Now every time I click "join server" the game crashes. Worked fine yesterday. Yeah, this is why I am going to start sticking with consoles from now on. Fuck PC games.

urahonky on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    any ps3ers? gasp, i know

send me a message to my PSN id, "rexamadex"

my k/d ratio is above 1:1 and i frequent TDM and free for all

my goto gun is the g3, though i've been lazily using the ak47 recently

xta on
  • Options
    intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    intelnavi wrote: »
    necro post: TOURNAMENT - FREE PRIZES - FREE SHIPPING

I'm hosting another tournament, easy, wins prizes for you. Looks good for me. Basically going to throw a match on a server on the 21st of Feb at 10am central. If you get top kills you win a prize (currently World at War for PC but this is negotiable, I'll buy you L4D if you like). Easy right? Just show up, kill some people for one match, win free games. Sign up here:

Epic Tournaments

Tournament is now @ 2 pm.

Yeah, PC is kinda fast paced, mostly due to the fact you can fit 48 people on a server. Try Deathmatch Shipment with 48 ppl. GL living more than a second and EVER getting your airstrike off. If you shoot straight for a few seconds you probably just killed 3 people. Get an airstrike off and you just killed the whole map.

intelnavi on
  • Options
    Magik_TekMagik_Tek Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    musanman wrote: »
    I am all about the flanking, I hate when teams play bog and are like "NOBODY PAST THE BUS." With no UAV and sometimes a silencer you can get behind enemy lines and absolutely wreck shit much more effectively than softcore (when you have to empty a clip to kill somebody).

You do understand why people tell others to not go past the bus right?

Magik_Tek on
    PSN: Fear_Magik
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Magik_Tek wrote: »
    I am all about the flanking, I hate when teams play bog and are like "NOBODY PAST THE BUS." With no UAV and sometimes a silencer you can get behind enemy lines and absolutely wreck shit much more effectively than softcore (when you have to empty a clip to kill somebody).

Yes, and I don't give two shits if the enemy spawns behind the guys who refuse to leave the wall. It's not as fun, I don't give a shit if the team loses because they insist on pinning the other team in their spawn.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yes, and I don't give two shits if the enemy spawns behind the guys who refuse to leave the wall. It's not as fun, I don't give a shit if the team loses because they insist on pinning the other team in their spawn.

No one with half a brain sits at the wall.

No one with half a brain goes past the bus.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »

No one with half a brain sits at the wall.

No one with half a brain goes past the bus.

Fine, I'm a moron. I'll take my 30 kill bog runs and go home.

You guys probably don't like my gold m60 with an acog + rocket launcher build either.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Only because the RPD is superior in every way.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's true, and super amazing as well.

BornToHula on
    steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    intelnavi wrote: »
    Yeah, PC is kinda fast paced, mostly due to the fact you can fit 48 people on a server. Try Deathmatch Shipment with 48 ppl. GL living more than a second and EVER getting your airstrike off. If you shoot straight for a few seconds you probably just killed 3 people. Get an airstrike off and you just killed the whole map.
    I think it is a bit more fast paced due to the quickness of a mouse when aiming. Moving from cover can get you killed in an instant. It's difficult to "outrun" mouse aiming like you could do with the limited speed of a control stick (depends on sensitivity of course). I rarely play on servers with more than 12 people playing in the entire server, not 12 to a team. I have played on console and the game felt a good bit slower even with close to 10 people per team. It was easier to take cover when someone takes notice of you than when playing PC. You pop your head out for more than a half second and it's gone.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Real men snipe on bog with the RPD + Grip.

And then spend 5 minutes spamming right on the dpad.

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    This happened last night for the little while I played with everyone.

Poor Ruby Green, that kid kept getting like 8-25 on each map we played.

BornToHula on
    steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So my 360 just got back. Are people still playing, or have I missed the runinion?

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, Dane Cook was just in the office checking out the new game. He's not bad, scored several kills against devs. http://twitpic.com/1kr1q

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    So, Dane Cook was just in the office checking out the new game. He's not bad, scored several kills against devs. http://twitpic.com/1kr1q

Bah, just because they developed the game doesn't mean they should be professionals at it. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

Bah, just because they developed the game doesn't mean they should be professionals at it. :)

I suck quite badly at it actually.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

I suck quite badly at it actually.

You're not alone. :(

Pretty cool that he was there. His comedy isn't as funny as it used to be, but I'm sure he's probably a nice guy.

urahonky on
  • Options
    MalachMalach Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So my 360 has now returned from Red Ring land, and I finally had a chance to play W@W which Gamefly sent and has been sitting here collecting dust. Now, all LTTP, I shall subject you to my thoughts and questions...So I trudged my way through the campaign. Which was absolutely fucking awful. The Russian campaign was passable...but still not as much fun as I recall having with the original one in CoD1. And the computer is...I mean its fucking retarded. The total lack of any immersion due to the computer being retarded is maddening. I like being able to count on my team, I like knowing my team isn't just cannon fodder. Watching two guys stand right next to each other shooting one another with rifles and neither going down is idiotic. Getting shot in the back because your team will walk right by them without shooting them is retarded. The whole campaign was just freakin' awful. It had a fwe moments that were pretty okay, but for the most part...it was just bad. And I spent most of it thinking, "I could just be playing CoD4 instead..."

I spent some time with the multiplayer...got myself to level um, 13 I think, or maybe its 11. Either way I'm like half a level from unlocking other game types. ...Now, I'm not a huge DM fan. If I play DM, its on HC on CoD4, otherwise I'm playing Sabotage or Domination. ...Is there anything especially unique or fun to be had by continuing to play this games MP? Are there any new gametypes that are really good? Whats the deal with the War gametype? Is that new, is it any good? Should I pound out half a level and try it...or is there really nothing here that won't make me think I could just be playing CoD4 instead?

Malach on
    Lynch2028.png
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I found a lot to like in World At War, and have to commend Treyarch on their efforts to put the disappointment of COD3 behind them. If they keep up like this, the COD series won't mirror the Star Trek films, with good even numbered and lame odd-numbered installments. Hell, it probably won't even be numbered that way any more. IW seems to be calling their next game COD Modern Warfare 2.

But I returned to COD4 recently just because I've put over 24 hours into hitting level 65 in WaW and could use a change of pace. It's still good, but the absurd number of grenades from everybody using triple frags is getting a bit annoying. And everybody just hides indoors when you go to the trouble of calling in a chopper. Dogs were a lot more effective when the other team decided to camp.

Overall, I'd say the weapon variety is a bit better in WaW, because more guns are legitimately useful. But the range of attachments is better in Modern Warfare, where you can put almost any attachment on any gun once you've unlocked it. Even if the pairing makes little sense.

Both good games. And which one I load up at any given time depends on what my friends are playing.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    This is my own personal opinion, but CoD4 >>> W@W.

Kris_xK on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You guys should migrate over to WaW. It's the superior experience.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

If they would balance some of the weapons, yes.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

"You know what's awesome? Shooting someone with a sniper rifle. Because then they can't see you. So they're all like 'Hey I'm sneaking around and CRAP I JUST GOT SHOT BY A SNIPER RIFLE OH MAN I DID NOT SEE WHO DID THAT AT ALL'. Superfinger!"

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yorker wrote: »

Which ones?

They're both good games. But if either of them needs balancing, it's Modern Warfare. Triple frags should've been cut down to 2x within weeks of the game's release, and the M16 has needed a damage reduction for a very long time. And there's no way I should be able to strafe at almost full speed with the red dot up on my MP5.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    This is my own personal opinion, but CoD4 >>> W@W.

This is the truth. Just because it is newer does not make it better.

COD4 is the best Call of Duty experience available. Perhaps until the next Infinium Ward game.

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Stevo 22 wrote: »
    COD4 is the best Call of Duty experience available. Perhaps until the next Infinium Ward game.

Phantom Warfare?

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    I can't tell the difference between the two, so WaW wins by default for having CTF.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Which ones?

They're both good games. But if either of them needs balancing, it's Modern Warfare. Triple frags should've been cut down to 2x within weeks of the game's release, and the M16 has needed a damage reduction for a very long time. And there's no way I should be able to strafe at almost full speed with the red dot up on my MP5.

The MP40, the thing is a SMG with higher base damage than some of the rifles, it has a 32 round magazine and is about as accurate as the thompson is through the iron sights when you're firing from the hip.

It's practically all you see in some matches, paired up with stopping power or juggernaut and steady aim.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

"You know what's awesome? Shooting someone with a sniper rifle. Because then they can't see you. So they're all like 'Hey I'm sneaking around and CRAP I JUST GOT SHOT BY A SNIPER RIFLE OH MAN I DID NOT SEE WHO DID THAT AT ALL'. Superfinger!"

<3

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

Which ones?

Never had a problem with triple grenades other than nade spam at the beginning of a match. MP5's accuracy and firerate makes it pretty dangerous to use if you're not shooting from the hip.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The MP40, the thing is a SMG with higher base damage than some of the rifles, it has a 32 round magazine and is about as accurate as the thompson is through the iron sights when you're firing from the hip.

It's practically all you see in some matches, paired up with stopping power or juggernaut and steady aim.

The MP40 is great, but you're exaggerating. It's not a supernaturally accurate supergun, it can't duel with rifles at long range or outshoot the Thompson, Type100, or PPsh at close range. It shifts the balance of WaW far less than Modern Warfare's M16.

Zoku Gojira on