As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RP MUD] Journey Beyond the Threshold!

• XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah I was hoping for cleric too but he decided he liked Psion better so he is going for Psion. Oh well.

We could make an N with our fingers, and have a skull in the background. I'd do it if I was better with photoshop, haha.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited March 2008
    So my fiance decided to go cleric after all, and made a cleric of Bast named Sionell. Sweet sweet healing.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Finally! Some heals up in here! Heh.

I am really enjoying playing this again, and having other people to play it with and such makes all the difference in the world.

I say we start raiding the drow! Death to the Drizzt wannabes.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I second this motion.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited March 2008
    Apparently I am a Drizzt wannabe, as Verm almost kicked my ass instead of the damn Drow last night.

Grumble.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited April 2008
    I had some really fucking awesome RP yesterday.

One was clothes shopping with a pair of the higher level rogues. The other was smuggling in some bone powder for Fiaryn and Xzean to use. Good times.

If there's anyone else playing, and you have any questions, feel free to IM me.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited April 2008
    Yeah our little group could always use more, get in touch with us!

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited April 2008
    Or we'll fucking kill you!

...I'm helping?

Fiaryn on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    In other news, I can now offwield a shimmering poniard, which means that I get awesome gut-ripping criticals every now and then. Aaaawesome.

You're a thief, right? Gotten any spine-cracking insta-kill backstabs yet? :P

Echo on
    edited April 2008
    Echo you and your goofy avatar need to join us. Jooiiinnn ussss!
    I will be your bestest friend! :winky:

Fiaryn on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Woo this is my kind of text based party.

Now I just have to figure out where to start and what to pick. Bard would be well with my creative writingness, but that whole waiting registration seems to put it off.

What do we need? I like utility/support characters but don't usually play straight mage types throwing fireballs, so I end up being bard/thief/buffer/scout type.

Threelemmings on
    edited April 2008
    Our normal group now has a cleric, otherwise I would say that. We have a rouge(lolzfurry) and two mages. A fighter would be welcome, although the best thing I can tell you is 100% play what would be fun for you. This game is tough and playing something you like and want to stick with is way more important then in most games.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    defrag wrote: »
    In other news, I can now offwield a shimmering poniard, which means that I get awesome gut-ripping criticals every now and then. Aaaawesome.

You're a thief, right? Gotten any spine-cracking insta-kill backstabs yet? :P

I'm a Rogue now, so no. And those Cortex stabs were the shiiiiiit.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited April 2008
    Woo this is my kind of text based party.

Now I just have to figure out where to start and what to pick. Bard would be well with my creative writingness, but that whole waiting registration seems to put it off.

What do we need? I like utility/support characters but don't usually play straight mage types throwing fireballs, so I end up being bard/thief/buffer/scout type.

We need a damned tank! Heh. But really, play whatever character you enjoy RPing. It will be good, no matter what it is.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited April 2008
    Xzean wrote: »
    Our normal group now has a cleric, otherwise I would say that. We have a rouge(lolzfurry) and two mages. A fighter would be welcome, although the best thing I can tell you is 100% play what would be fun for you. This game is tough and playing something you like and want to stick with is way more important then in most games.

Pretty much this. Nothing is really REQUIRED in this game, it's just nice. All classes are incredibly viable (except people whos guild is in Thrace because man, Thrace, who likes those guys amirite?) and you should go with what appeals to you.

Unless what appeals to you is a Salamae. They're like the ewoks of Threshold

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Pretty much this. Nothing is really REQUIRED in this game, it's just nice. All classes are incredibly viable (except people whos guild is in Thrace because man, Thrace, who likes those guys amirite?) and you should go with what appeals to you.

You sir, may partake of a bowl of cocks.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited April 2008
    I actually would have picked salamae, but then I looked at the art.

I wanted a swamp beast, slinking through the marsh, unseen, unheard. Not... swamp children.

I guess maybe gnome, though I wish there was more information around, I feel like I'm diving in blind

Threelemmings on
    edited April 2008
    Honestly the help files make all the difference, and are actually HELPFUL as opposed to most MUDs.

Anything else ask on here or IM any one of us, and we'll help as much as we can.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited April 2008
    Difference between warrior/fighter other? I'll probably head towards the ranger path, but the only difference between the two at the moment is that fighters are official trained warrior professionals, while warriors are more conan-y. So what's the big difference?

Threelemmings on
    edited April 2008
    Pretty much just that, and that Fighters are in Sable, Warriors are in Thrace.

I get the feeling the Rangers guild isn't all that numerous, but don't let that dissuade ya.

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2008
    A nearby peasant says to a friend, "So they hauled in the corpse of Fiaryn
    earlier today on the meatwagon... Met up with one nasty Sand Horror.
    From what I saw, he suffered terribly before the end..."

Heard this walking about, nice little touch.

Threelemmings on
  • FrogdiceFrogdice ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    A nearby peasant says to a friend, "So they hauled in the corpse of Fiaryn
    earlier today on the meatwagon... Met up with one nasty Sand Horror.
    From what I saw, he suffered terribly before the end..."

Heard this walking about, nice little touch.

Thanks. I always feel the little details are often what matter most.

I am really glad so many people from Penny Arcade have found Threshold and are enjoying it.

If you have any problems or questions, you can talk to Verm (he seems to be our resident player contact here), or you can mudmail me in the game (mail Aristotle), or you can talk to the newbie helpers on the heritage channel (type something like: heritage HELP please!!!).

Have fun! :)

Frogdice on
    edited April 2008
    Though interestingly enough I have not, at any point, been killed by a Sand Horror.

I say impostor! :lol:

And Aristotle, I just want you to know...the term Frogdice makes me giggle.

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2008
    Like Frogdice/Ari said, if anyone has any questions at all, feel free to hit me up. You can PM me, IM me, whatever. I rather enjoy it.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited April 2008
    Defrag will be gone for a few days, so I guess i'll take over answering what questions I can in the meantime.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited April 2008
    As a newbie, where's the best place to find equipment, mostly swords. I've found a helmet I can get to every time, and boots, and occasionally armor, but haven't found a reliable spot to pick up a weapon to kill things with, and using fists is mighty slow.

Threelemmings on
    edited April 2008
    You should be getting your gear from your Heritage room and from suit up at the academy. After you get guilded, you should be borrowing and returning gear to your guild storage

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2008
    I feel bad because I know I'm going to die and lose something nice.

But man is this farmhouse frustrating. I've searched everywhere :P

Threelemmings on
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I felt bad about using the guild's gear at first too but you really just have to get over it. Using weapons and armor from the guild storage is a big part of the game it seems.

The farm quest is a little weird. It isn't obvious, but when you solve it you'll kick yourself over how easy it was.

Have you picked a guild yet?

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited April 2008
    This game is officially awesome. I just told a story about my gnome's childhood involving bathing in a still and a beer goddess. Anything that let's me pull off the cuff improv earns high marks in my book, and it was more fun than bashing skeletons. Also, free drinks!

Does this kind of stuff happen often? Because if so, I am either going to be loved or loathed down at the tavern, depending on the quality of my stories.

EDIT: You got botp'd: Yeah, I joined the fighter's guild, and so far it's been good; everyone is quite helpful, the gear looks good and fighter is a lot of fun, as my early skills'll let me create good weapons and armor and after that I get to start buffing parties and such.

Threelemmings on
    edited April 2008
    So, I'll still be checking for any actual questions, but it seems like you've got a hold on it.

You guys cannot outlevel me while I'm away, goddamnit.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited April 2008
    I did it thirty four minutes ago! (Not really)

Glevel 7 is so far away. D:

In all seriousness though, we should all chillax around 8/8 if possible to wait for Defrag, then descend on dungeons in one giant team of ass whoop. Possibly singing the Team America song.

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2008
    Oh yeah I don't plan on beating 8/8. I honestly don't think we could by sunday anyway.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
    edited April 2008
    He's away till Tuesday I thought.

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2008
    Time to powerlevel, than!

Threelemmings on
    edited April 2008
    Uh I thought it was sunday? Maybe i'm wrong?

Anyway, Three look us up in game. We're in the tavern pretty damn often. Sorry we just ran by you yesturday, didn't realize that was you.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    fuck i've been fooling around with Mount and Blade (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=52900) and really need to get back into this.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2008
    And another for Team Cocks Dicks Lol

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2008
    Xzean wrote: »
    Uh I thought it was sunday? Maybe i'm wrong?

Anyway, Three look us up in game. We're in the tavern pretty damn often. Sorry we just ran by you yesturday, didn't realize that was you.

Will do. Also, no worries on that. You left right as I was coming in, and I didn't know it was you until you left, since we haven't been introduced and I couldn't see your name.

Edit: Also, defrag whenever you have the time, you can add me to the list; Selach the Gnomish Fighter (three feet of blade and steel, woohoo! :D)

Threelemmings on
    edited April 2008
    Sorry guys, but I think I'm done. After dying and losing the same two levels twice in two days to stupid, asinine nonsense, I think I'm just done. The death penalties here are really just way over the top.

I just cannot abide by losing hours upon hours upon hours of progress in the blink of an eye. I play games for fun, not to be forced to work.

Fiaryn on