As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

AoiAoi Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Games and Technology
I'll make a more proper opening this evening (if the interest is even there), but I'm surprised that this game doesn't seem to be getting any love here. The originals were a blast to play, and the PSP version is still one of the most fun games on the little system. This is definitely one that would lend itself well to some PA tournaments if we can get some interest going.

So yeah, again, better op later tonight, and yeah, it ships tomorrow, with a street date of Wednesday!

Aoi on

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    the japanese demo was intensely fun, if i had a ps3 i would definitely buy it. love the hot shots games.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah I'm buying this, should be fun to play with the wife. Just hoping for a sale of some kind. (If not I'm selling Assasin's Creed and Marvel Ultimate Alliance). I like how everyone takes their turn at once (other players are ghosts). Should make tournaments nice and fast. Kinda weird how they only have text chat and no voice. (I don't mind since I have a bluetooth keyboard, but still odd)

I also think they should have a included an "easy" mode where you swing the sixaxis ala the wii. I do think more games should make Optional sixaxis control schemes.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh snap is this coming out this week? Poor, poor wallet.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Honestly, this is the first game since Ratchet that made me wish I was rich enough to own all 3 now-gen consoles. I fucking love me some Hot Shots. Are they still using the button tap swing method? I miss that in the Tiger games. I could never get the hang of the analog stick swing.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yup. They have a new swing method, in addition to keeping the old one, 8 player quick games, 50 player tournaments, and currently a demo out on the Euro PSN stores for anyone that can access it. I suck at openings, but I'll give it a try in a bit :P

Aoi on
  • Options
    MEGA MEGA PANZER POPE SANMEGA MEGA PANZER POPE SAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've been looking for a good new golf game for a while...might have to hit this one up.

MEGA MEGA PANZER POPE SAN on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ive already got mine on order and fully paid off (along with the MGS: Essential Collection).

Never played the PS2 ones, but I absolutely loved the PSP version.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    seancseanc Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh man, I'm a whore for Hot Shots. I had them all for PSOne, PS2, and the PSP one. Will this be the final straw that makes me buy a PS3?!?

seanc on
  • Options
    RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So is there a demo up on the PS Store yet? I really want to play it now, as I don't have the money for it yet.

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Online multiplayer? Because some Hot Shots PA games would be pretty fun. I'm not big into golf or golf games, but Hot Shots have always been fun. Is it a full priced game, too?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yah, this has online multiplayer. I don't know of what flavor or trimmings (leaderboards, etc), though.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The online is pretty cool you have avatars that hang out in a lobby. You can unlock and buy new outfits and looks for your avatar. You can join big ass tournaments and as I said before the tournaments are fast because everyone goes at once. (The other players look like ghosts playing beside you) If you play smaller groups (like local) you can take turns going. While the other guy is going you can make obnoxious gestures and stuff to screw them up.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.