As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-phalla] The Mafia Comes to Jonesphallaburg Game Over - Village Win

1111213141517»

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    The village won, Gumpy, because the only person left is the guard.:lol:

Could the guard really self guard?

Can a police officer defend themself? I kept it simple for me, the Guard could protect any one. Including themself. It was my fist game and I was trying things out.

Also, Fred had the Guard on other people most of the game.

Still, putting a role in that would require the mafia to control the vote if used in certain ways?

It would have put the mafia in a Mighty fix.

Which it did :|

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The village won, Gumpy, because the only person left is the guard.:lol:

Could the guard really self guard?

Can a police officer defend themself? I kept it simple for me, the Guard could protect any one. Including themself. It was my fist game and I was trying things out.

Also, Fred had the Guard on other people most of the game.

Still, putting a role in that would require the mafia to control the vote if used in certain ways?

It would have put the mafia in a Mighty fix.

Which it did :|
    The mafia could have voided out Fred Cheese guard at any time while FrostMist was still alive and killed him.

Why they didn't, I don't know.

Edit -Don PM:
    But you really don't care about saving the town; you want to take it over.

You are the Don of the Cosa Nostra family.

As the Don you can intimidate any other play from the shadows. You make any one person’s action void. PM me the name of the person and all their action canceled, be it special or vote.

Being Don means that you don’t get you hands dirty with the day to day nastiness of business. Your crew handles that.

Underboss – Grundlterror. He PMs me the kill for the day. If he dies, it’s now your job.
    Hitman – Quoth. She is a quick clean killer. If she dies or is jailed you loose a kill for that day.
    Solider – El Skid. He is the thug that will kill a man with his bare hand. If he dies or is jailed you loose a kill for that day.

If both the Hitman and Solider die, the mafia retains only one kill. The above PM guidelines still applies.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The mafia didn't suspect Fred of guarding himself, honestly.

We were probably thrown by the fact that it's normally impossible for the guardian to guard themselves, so we were out looking elsewhere for specials.

El Skid on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    The mafia didn't suspect Fred of guarding himself, honestly.

We were probably thrown by the fact that it's normally impossible for the guardian to guard themselves, so we were out looking elsewhere for specials.

That's not what Grundl says ;)

Anyway, I think in the early days of Phalla, the Guard could self-guard. It's recently that the trend of disallowing self-guarding has cropped up, more than likely due to the fact that it is hard for the Mafia to kill a self-guarded Guardian.

Overall, I think the game was played pretty well on both sides. Fred had a crazy new approach that obviously threw everyone for a loop for a bit, and though I wouldn't recommend the tactic, things worked out in the end. The Mafia had it in the bag until Day 5, I think it was. I was impressed.

LaOs on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Didn't we talk about that? At first we weren't sure but I coulda sworn I had suggested it. Maybe I was only thinking it =/

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just wanna say that this was a great game to watch. Especially when I figured everything out like, three days before any of you. Hah!

nice game you guys, It was highly amusing and the narrations by LaOs were fantastic.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Fred CheeseFred Cheese __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah that kinda sucks the guardian could self guard =(

Opened the probards, JPP you played a good game man :P

Fred, I would really rethink that strategy you used. The village won because you made some lucky guesses, your guardianship and reveal did absolutely nothing to help you whatsoever.

I tghought we had a seer avaiulable who might seer me. My reveal did help the village and me because it threw you off my track and it made Pavek the vigilante attack me to prove that I was guarded. Also it made you look elsewhere for the guardian and made you not attack me when I did drop the gaurd for use on other targets like Pavek.

The mafia was very powerful this game with multiple kills and a power neautralizer. The village was very weak this game with no seer. I was lucky I could at least selfguard and I was surprised that with the odds stacked so high against us that the village ended up winning.

Fred Cheese on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah that kinda sucks the guardian could self guard =(

Opened the probards, JPP you played a good game man :P

Fred, I would really rethink that strategy you used. The village won because you made some lucky guesses, your guardianship and reveal did absolutely nothing to help you whatsoever.

I tghought we had a seer avaiulable who might seer me. My reveal did help the village and me because it threw you off my track and it made Pavek the vigilante attack me to prove that I was guarded. Also it made you look elsewhere for the guardian and made you not attack me when I did drop the gaurd for use on other targets like Pavek.

The mafia was very powerful this game with multiple kills and a power neautralizer. The village was very weak this game with no seer. I was lucky I could at least selfguard and I was surprised that with the odds stacked so high against us that the village ended up winning.

The mafia actually wasn't all that powerful this phalla...it just seemed that way because we all lived that long.

If me or Quoth had died early? We lose one kill permanently.

If Frost had died early? We lose one kill once and the nutralizing ability permanently.

It would have been entirely possible for the mafia to be down to one kill starting night 2... which would have made for an EXTREMELY weak mafia. We got lucky that we were able to hang around and make a game of it, and that made us seem powerful. But really, it was us 4 against 16 people, with us controlling 2 kills (tenuously), and the village controlling 2 kills. The only bonuses we had were starting completely networked, and village not being able to seer (I wish we'd have known this at the time).

Overall I think the mafia was very lucky to remain intact as long as it did so that we could make a game of it, but eventually we lost a killer and fell apart.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Agreed Skid, there was no way for us to know there was no seer.

Fred, I would have to say that you accomplished nothing except soaking up a vigilante kill from your own team and wasting the guard the whole time. You never blocked a kill (from us anyway) and you never really got a network forming. I believe the only time you actually had an advantage was when you started voting me out... which at that point was too late for us anyway. Not to mention that was just a hunch.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    so... why did people find me suspicious?

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I had you grundl and freeagent in my naughty list

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Why poor Grundl? :(

Grundlterror on