Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ooh, side note to Gruul: It's #$%^& Horrifying how many people in my guild had never been in that raid until this past Saturday.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Maulgar/Gruul is so ridicilously easy in t6 gear. Maulgar dies in 2mins20s, Gruul after 5-6 growths. The ogres in front of them, still cause a slaughter when the tanks are lazy though.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Saddness:

Last night we learned that we have many, many men in the guild with vaginas. If you're going to crack jokes on people and give shit, please have the stones to take a joke or two. And I'm not talking "I raped your mom, no seriously" jokes in bad taste but normal ribbing. I mean seriously, if you want to be a whinny bitch, then don't talk shit.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Haha yes. Though sometimes the teasing is just relentless and stupid against specific people. Like the guy who didn't move out of Death and Decay on our first Rage kill. He's not a moron, he moves now, he rarely dies to any AOE (though his pet does). Yet he'll never EVER stop hearing "OMG DEATH AND DECAY OLOL" jokes and I imagine it gets a bit old after awhile.

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Haha yes. Though sometimes the teasing is just relentless and stupid against specific people. Like the guy who didn't move out of Death and Decay on our first Rage kill. He's not a moron, he moves now, he rarely dies to any AOE (though his pet does). Yet he'll never EVER stop hearing "OMG DEATH AND DECAY OLOL" jokes and I imagine it gets a bit old after awhile.

And I understand that. It was our Hunter CL and he is never on the receiving end of the jokes. We of course have our raid bitches who we mock. But the CL in question is never on the receiving end of it, he's the giver. We came to the conclusion that we just have a lot of men with sandy vaginas. They can deal it out but can't take it at all.

The irony is that the women of the guild take a joke much, much better then the guys do.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: My guild finally decided we should try to move beyond Kara.

Happier: We moved into some 25 man content (namely Gruuls).

Happiest: We started kicking infrequently-raiding pricks who suck at their roles (holy priests behind warriors with bandages in the healing meters.)

Even Happier than that: Dropped High King on our third night out. Not bad for a holiday weekend, where out of the 25 people, maybe 10 were constant throughout the attempts. Got Gruul down to 65% on our first try. Our pallies learned that Shatter >> Bubbles.

Lukewarm: Running 2.4 content tonight, despite some people needing Kara gear. No big deal, but I want my badges.

Oats on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: 2.4

Hoping: My guild doesnt forget that we need 25 people in t5 equivalent gear to do Hyjal

tehmarken on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    HATE HATE HATE HATE:

Mods that I use aren't updated, but the Chuck Norris Facts mod is good to go for 2.4!

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    HATE: The person who created the mod Ishtaar just linked.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    HATE: The person who created the mod Ishtaar just linked.

Happyness:

People who install mods like this and make it easy to make sure you don't /ginvite them.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, add me into the "Hate" pile for "big patches fucking up my mods/UI". I've picked up a few updates and am praying that the rest survive. At least I don't have to work any voodoo to keep my settings and macros this time.

Ladies, Gentlemen, tonight we dine in hell! (assuming Tuesday is a regular raid night for you)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    95% of the stuff I use it wowace so that's cool, but I wish everything I used could be updated so easily.

815165 on
  • Options
    Arsenic CanaryArsenic Canary A Whirlwind of Joy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: Woo! New content!

Confused: So...wait. Why am I fighting with the dranei against the blood elves? Did I miss a memo somewhere?

Unhappy: Searching under the cushions of my couch and in the ashtray of my car for extra Badges of Justice.

Hate: Bad tacos. Seriously, wth?

Arsenic Canary on
    Steam: arsenic_canary
  • Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aldor and Scryers are teaming up against M. Bison...I mean...the Sunwell.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Whee, 300 cooking. OL recipes here I come!

Tav on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cross posted from the chat thread because it pissed me off so much...

I don't know whether this is a bug or not, but you don't get a mark if you lose a BG... fucking ass. I don't remember reading that in the patch notes, or did I skip something?

Maybe they don't want people to get 300 honor for losing 4 different BGs?

Seriously, what is this shit?

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Yeah, add me into the "Hate" pile for "big patches fucking up my mods/UI". I've picked up a few updates and am praying that the rest survive. At least I don't have to work any voodoo to keep my settings and macros this time.

Ladies, Gentlemen, tonight we dine in hell! (assuming Tuesday is a regular raid night for you)

Tuesday's a regular raid night for me, I get to deal with UI crappage about an hour prior to raid time (depending on traffic). I can't log on while I'm at work, however, I can download UI updates & hope it doesn't yell *borkborkbork* when I log on tonight.

Additional GRR: I need about 200 more badges.

Sprinkling of happy: Glad for the delay on unlockable badge vendor.

zagi on
  • Options
    BacklashBacklash Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I don't know whether this is a bug or not, but you don't get a mark if you lose a BG... fucking ass. I don't remember reading that in the patch notes, or did I skip something?

That's gotta be a bug, I combed the patch notes and didn't see anything, and it's way too big a change to go unmentioned.

Backlash on
    Absoludacrous.jpg
    SSBB: 2921-8745-1438
    Diamond: 2320-2615-4086
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Most of my mods are updated, but 2.4 hasn't hit Europe yet so my entire UI is fucked till tomorrow.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Hate: Most of my mods are updated, but 2.4 hasn't hit Europe yet so my entire UI is fucked till tomorrow.
    I did the same like a moron but luckily only SCT seems to have gone crazy.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »

Omen and Prat won't stop throwing me errors.

Tav on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Backlash wrote: »

That's gotta be a bug, I combed the patch notes and didn't see anything, and it's way too big a change to go unmentioned.

I don't know whats going on, I'm getting my marks I just can't see it in any of my logs...

Weird.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Backlash wrote: »

I don't know whats going on, I'm getting my marks I just can't see it in any of my logs...

Weird.

The message in your chat or combat log about receiving marks was removed as part of 2.4 (it's buried somewhere in the patch notes). That also means you wont see the log spam at the end of the BG when all people including you in the BG receive marks.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »

Omen and Prat won't stop throwing me errors.
    Prat's fine here but Omen fucking hates me at the best of times. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Upgrades to Ret T4 stats + Vindicator's Pendant of Triumph from a quick 2k honor this morning (without having to wait for honor computation) == I can upgrade Charvanek's LFG comment! I'd been using "Melee DPS, 1.7k AP + 28% crit unbuffed.", but now I can use "Melee DPS, 1.8k AP + 29% crit unbuffed." Stats of fun. :)

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »

My alliance guild actually has guild and forum ranks referencing an old player, who was blamed for any and all wipes(to be fair, he did actually cause quite a few, possibly to keep the joke running). He's been gone for like, 6 months to a year now, and those ranks are still in use.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Confused: So...wait. Why am I fighting with the dranei against the blood elves? Did I miss a memo somewhere?
    The Shattered Sun Offensive is the Aldor and Scryers teaming up to repel Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden. Lady Liadrin and the Blood Knights are now full allies of A'dal and the Sha'tar. Everyone's combining forces for the Sunwell Showdown.

And they'll probably be ignored in favor of a new faction to rep up with when it's time to fight Arthas.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm fairly certain it'll be the Kirin Tor or some derivation thereof for WoTLK.

Septus on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: New content! Got to go into Magisters' Terrace. Cool instance, and ZOMG in game FMV.

Hate: The bosses in there are a bitch on normal. I have no idea if there's a way to deal with the 2nd boss's overload deal. Managing a Moroes-esque encounter with only 5 people is pretty trick, and don't get me started on Phase 2 of Kael'thas. That shit's pretty tough with only 5 people.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It seems like less of a Moroes fight and more of a BRD Arena fight (for those that did the Dungeon 2 questline). All the mobs in that fight are untauntable, and they target who they want to target. Treat it like a 5v5 arena.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah that FMV kicks ass, I saw it on the PTR.

Hope/Pre-emptive Hate: The trinket from the 3rd boss of heroic magisters is crazy good.... but I have a lousy record farming trinkets. About 12-15 shots at ZA now, never even saw the hex shrunken head. Let's pray this droprate is better for me.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The in game cutscene at the orb? We've certainly had cutscenes before, but it is very cool.

Septus on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: disspite WoW telling me all my mods are out of date, non are giving me errors at the moment. though I'm useing mainly passive mods that don't change the graphics much.

Weird: When I DL'd Gatherer mod, it said it was 2.4 PTR tested, but still listed OOD. maybe something changed between then.

Hate: losing 24 spell damage from the Demonic Knowledge nurf. Not a huge amount, but still bothersome.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hate: People calling up to get my CC information, assuring me I am a very smart man, and I would never give away my CC information, then asking me my CC information.

Hate: Later that same day, people trying to get my RL address.

WTF is going on?

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Blood boil going for ONLY our mages during fel rage for 7 fel rages.

There were 2 mages....

hope: I want the sexy melee dps trinket from heroic MT. I will spec prot and run it all day tommorow! No rogues allowed.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So how bad is that heroic mode eh?

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So how bad is that heroic mode eh?

Um...first boss is pretty much the same. Third boss is pretty much the same. Kael is a joke. Second boss? Pure evil.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Yeah that FMV kicks ass, I saw it on the PTR.

Hope/Pre-emptive Hate: The trinket from the 3rd boss of heroic magisters is crazy good.... but I have a lousy record farming trinkets. About 12-15 shots at ZA now, never even saw the hex shrunken head. Let's pray this droprate is better for me.

I've seen three drop on my server already, I have one, a spriest in another guild has one, and a mage took one over the other spriest in my guild.

So what you need to pray is that you build a guild group to go :P

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hate (but growing on me): New Omen and buggy as shit combat log.

Happy: I got all 15 primal fire for my priest alt's Belt of Blasting (I'm also a sick bastard and farmed them in one evening). I'm also not a scrub and got my nether vortex's in TK before 2.4.

Also Happy: All these new simple, easy, and sometimes fun daily quests mean a lot more gold. Each quest also gets me closer to that unbelievably sexy Shattered Sun Offensive tabard.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
This discussion has been closed.