Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    frylocked wrote: »
    I just bind the (whatever) bolt to a mouse button and spam that.

I cant imagine doing 3.... like... are they watching the pretty tracer?

/boggle

Don't try to understand them. It can not be done, not by a man of proper birth and civilization. A barbarian might understand these savages, but people like you and I, who have had education can't.

I have long since gave up on trying to imagine there would be a minimum amount of skill necessary to reach 70 in WoW. Anytime I think I have found the least capable, absolutly dumbest person to ever reach 70, along comes his buddy who is even less capable of doing pretty much anything, yet still more vocal about how this or that sucks and how awesome he is with his prot-warrior amounts of DPS.

Kartan on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Thoma, your guild name is silly. Needs more Latin and sense of impending doom IMO.

Hope: 3x Conqueror off Shahraz this week, I'm so tired of looking at our prot paladin's t5 shoulders clashing with the rest of his t6.

More hope: New pants or trinket for me pleeeeease I haven't gotten any upgrades in weeks and I want to be able to take t6 robe so I can stop looking like a badge vendor whore.

I love the silly guild name. It beats the number one guild on the server who is named after a dead rapper.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm trying to think of possibilities here and they're just not coming...

riz on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    You can level 1-60 in a day with some effort and two friends (prot pala, mage).

How?
    I don't understand powerleveling, but the guy who got me to resub is a NASTY good prot pally....

Head into an instance, prot pala pulls the entire instance to the front door, uses consecration and whatnot until they hit 30% then leaves the instance. The mage then leaves the group and aoe's the whole lot down. You, as the only person who has the mobs "tapped" get full, un-penalized xp.

I suppose it's technicly cheating, but there's plenty of vid's and guides on youtube and the net and to my knowledge bliz hasn't come down on it.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    doublepost

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm trying to think of possibilities here and they're just not coming...

makaveli

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

How?
    I don't understand powerleveling, but the guy who got me to resub is a NASTY good prot pally....

Head into an instance, prot pala pulls the entire instance to the front door, uses consecration and whatnot until they hit 30% then leaves the instance. The mage then leaves the group and aoe's the whole lot down. You, as the only person who has the mobs "tapped" get full, un-penalized xp.

I suppose it's technicly cheating, but there's plenty of vid's and guides on youtube and the net and to my knowledge bliz hasn't come down on it.

Oh wow. Any idea how long, say, 1-30 or 1-40 might take? There's no way I'd consider doing it for a full day, but getting the early boring levels out of the way would be awesome.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So this is kinda bitching: Is it a new trend in Arenas for people to /afk out when they are losing?

I don't believe I've ever seen this before, but on Sunday when I was doing 3's with my usual team, I noticed that, rather than dying, people on opposing teams would suddenly fade out when their defeat was imminent. It wasn't a graphical glitch either, since people fading out on me would generally not be critical on health... the most noticable was when I was chasing a priest around to keep her from healing, and when my teammates killed off her teammates she was at about 1/2 health when suddenly she just fades out and we win the match.

I'm pretty sure another team did this same thing when there were still 2 of them left but we'd nailed their healer, and a warlock faded on me when he was about to die but his teammates were still up, meaning he essentially bailed on them rather than suffering a death. So... just the latest in poor sportsmanship, I guess.

Playing my alt-healer in 2s (and sometimes 3s, but this happens mostly in 2s) you'd be surprised at the number of times your opponent decides to be a dick once they've won the match. They kill my partner and suddenly decide that the best way to kill me is to have the druid caster-form mace me down while their dps dances. AFKing at that point simply saves time and lets you get on to the next game, and it isn't like you're denying the other team anything by doing it - you get the same rating change regardless. I have no issue with people preemptively AFKing once they've lost. If people do it when they still have a small chance of winning (ie the 2dps vs 3 example) that just makes them stupid, not bad sports.

PlushyCthulhu on
    Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    3. Chaincasting spells, casting a new one, after the current one FUCKING HITS

I die a little inside whenever I see this, and it's much more common than you would think. the worst is when it's a healer. I was doing heroic MrT recently with a tier 5 geared pally. the heals in the group were TERRIBLE. I took to watching the pally's cast bar. it would cast some heal or another, wait 3 or 4 seconds, then cast another heal... when the ENTIRE GROUP was at half health. I have trouble imagining what goes on in this person's head.

"Hm, I'm the healer, I guess I should cast a heal spell. I wonder how much it will heal for. How could I find that out? let me look at my combat log. hm, I guess I have to scroll up to see. oh, 7k, not bad. I wonder if anyone else needs a heal... oh, goodness, it looks like the party is dying. Do I have a group heal spell? I guess I don't. I wonder who I should heal first. There's just no telling. I'll use the usual method: eenie, meenie, meinie moe... it looks like it's me... but I'm at full health already... I wonder why no mobs are hitting me? you would think I'd have heal aggro with all this leet healing I'm doing... oh yes, healing, who was I about to heal again? oh goodness, it looks like everyone's dead."

how did this person get tier 5? my best guess: gm's girlfriend.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tier 5 isnt that hard. It is like MC/BWL gear at this point.

And ah yes... the dreaded officer's GF. Much gdrama from that.

frylocked on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A guild I was in, a husband and wife pair were both officers, one was the Hunter Officer, the other was the Priest Officer. Last I heard that marriage broke up when the Hunter, and the wife of another hunter in the guild decided to get together and leave their spouses.

edit: It lead to some interesting drama.

Seg on
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    There was one particular pally GF that would force all the druids to innervate her so could be number one on the healing meters. Also I am pretty sure that she never potted...
    This was back when druids had to spec for innervate or else.
    Yea I quit after getting bitched at to innervate the pally OMG.

frylocked on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Shadowpriest/alchemist alt hit 60, and has her +100% speed mount. After getting to 66 with my main before I got it, I don't want any of the alts to have to put up with that.

Shock: good grief the number of spells she had to train... I almost didn't have enough gold for the spells, riding training, and mount.

Hope: my cliche (draenei shaman jewelcrafter) is in Searing Gorge now, so I'm hoping I can hit 300 mining & JC before he goes to Outlands. I've heard good things about mining dark iron ore here, and so far I've already gotten 3 skillups from it, so maybe he won't have to grind this zone quite as long as I feared.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    A guild I was in, a husband and wife pair were both officers, one was the Hunter Officer, the other was the Priest Officer. Last I heard that marriage broke up when the Hunter, and the wife of another hunter in the guild decided to get together and leave their spouses.

Insert comment here about the wife's taste in men who know how to use their bows or something.

That stuff is so awkward though. Especially when it's not Public Guild Knowledge and someone makes a comment about the ex-couple. Awkwaaaaard.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Insert comment here about the wife's taste in men who know how to use their bows or something.

That stuff is so awkward though. Especially when it's not Public Guild Knowledge and someone makes a comment about the ex-couple. Awkwaaaaard.

It's never fun from any side.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

it doesn't seem that hard unless you're in a guild that either doesn't have 25 active people or a guild that is filled with people in blues who struggle with non-heroics :(

yes, I will qq more thanks :( I would find another guild but I helped found this one and by god we will claw our way up until we're halfway decent... me and my gf (who is actually a good healer, rather than the typical waste of space officer gf) are like the only two people in our guild who need nada from any of the raids the guild is capable of doing atm.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

It was great, the two of them (Hunter Officer and the wife of one of his buds) would be in game and on the guild forums insulting each other constantly. And then one day I saw a comment from her on the forums along the lines of them meeting somewhere. A few days later, the priest leader has an outburst in guild chat about the wife of the other guy, ranting about how other wives in the guild should be careful around her because she will steal their husband. And then the husband of the woman she was ranting about basically told her to keep her trap shut since it wasn't anyone elses business. (Both couples had a couple of kids.)

The priest leader left the server.

And this was only a couple of months before TBC came out, and serious raiding in the guild stopped around then because we had so many people in the Beta talking about how "pointless it is to raid when all your gear is going to be replaced pretty quickly in Outland."

Seg on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

it doesn't seem that hard unless you're in a guild that either doesn't have 25 active people or a guild that is filled with people in blues who struggle with non-heroics :(

yes, I will qq more thanks :( I would find another guild but I helped found this one and by god we will claw our way up until we're halfway decent... me and my gf (who is actually a good healer, rather than the typical waste of space officer gf) are like the only two people in our guild who need nada from any of the raids the guild is capable of doing atm.

Building a raid guild in this day and age is extremely hard.

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t24650-so_you_want_start_raiding_guild_do_ya/

Has some good advice.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So, is all of T5 just a big old shitty time for melee? There's like maybe three or four pieces of gear from each raid I'm even remotely interested in. Probably only three overall that I'd be willing to spend DKP on. And the T5 set is a joke (at least the set bonus is - I haven't bothered to compare the actual stats). And the fights are all a bunch of hugenormous melee-range AOE ass raping.

My few forays into SSC and TK have been less than fun.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    It was great, the two of them (Hunter Officer and the wife of one of his buds) would be in game and on the guild forums insulting each other constantly. And then one day I saw a comment from her on the forums along the lines of them meeting somewhere. A few days later, the priest leader has an outburst in guild chat about the wife of the other guy, ranting about how other wives in the guild should be careful around her because she will steal their husband. And then the husband of the woman she was ranting about basically told her to keep her trap shut since it wasn't anyone elses business. (Both couples had a couple of kids.)

And this was only a couple of months before TBC came out, and serious raiding in the guild stopped around then because we had so many people in the Beta talking about how "pointless it is to raid when all your gear is going to be replaced pretty quickly in Outland."

Damn, the fact that there were kids involved makes that really bad.

riz on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    So, is all of T5 just a big old shitty time [strike]for melee[/strike]?

yeah

edit: though it does favour ranged dps in more fights than it favours melee

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Damn, the fact that there were kids involved makes that really bad.

Seg, what was the name of that guild? Don't care about the server, just want to know the name. If you aren't comfortable with posting that here, toss me a PM.

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    man worlds most awkward divorce filing

'mommy why are you leaving daddy :( '

'BECAUSE YOUR FATHER LIKES TO FUCK AROUND WITH MAGES'

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »

Give the kid a book to cope. Something like "Daddy's new Girlfriend and her sheep."

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Little Jim wrote: »

Give the kid a book to cope. Something like "Daddy's new Girlfriend and her sheep."

I almost ruined another keyboard, thanks for that.

zagi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Laurluna wrote: »
    Seg, what was the name of that guild? Don't care about the server, just want to know the name. If you aren't comfortable with posting that here, toss me a PM.
    You know, I haven't thought about the names of the people involved in a long, long time.

But your username seems almost familiar.

It was Order of Chaos, but I left that guild back before TBC. Didn't transfer my character right away, but stopped playing him back then. I looked at Armory, and realized there are so many guilds with that name.

Seg on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Septus wrote: »

How?

Oh wow. Any idea how long, say, 1-30 or 1-40 might take? There's no way I'd consider doing it for a full day, but getting the early boring levels out of the way would be awesome.

Having done this. It takes roughly 9-10 hours to get to around 35, from there it'll take you another 12 hours or so to get to 60. I've not done it beyond 60 because it was tiring. I'll be doing it with someone else next time and doing 3 low levels at the same time, see how that goes.

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You know, I haven't thought about the names of the people involved in a long, long time.

It was Order of Chaos, but I left that guild back before TBC. Didn't transfer my character right away, but stopped playing him back then. I looked at Armory, and realized there are so many guilds with that name.

I shouldn't comment on other people's guild names....but the GL of that guild is going on the list of people who need to die from kicks to the groin.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I shouldn't comment on other people's guild names....but the GL of that guild is going on the list of people who need to die from kicks to the groin.

The group I joined used it in Asheron's Call something like 7 or 8 years ago, and then Asheron's Call 2. The current GL is either the 3rd or 4th person who has held the position since WoW opened. I honestly didn't realize how common the guild name was until I did a search on Armory.

edit: I think Get along gang is a great guild name, makes me think you're a bunch of happy cowboys roaming the prairies.

Seg on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    edit: I think Get along gang is a great guild name, makes me think you're a bunch of happy cowboys roaming the prairies.
    Makes me think the guild leader is a moose.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

It's an enigma wrapped in a paradox, surrounded by a conundrum.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »

We've been kinda half assedly been trying to track down one of the stuffed mooses from the show to act as a guild mascot. Keep getting sniped on E-bay bids.

Also: 90% of the guild has no fucking clue what we're talking about.

Happy: And in other guild related news, next paycheck I will get my tickets and hotel room for GaGfest 2008 in Vegas. Yes boys and girls, it can get geeker then playing WoW. You could watch a drunken guildie flirt with a woman dressed as a Klingon.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bigity wrote: »

It's an enigma wrapped in a paradox, surrounded by a conundrum.
    Conparaenigmadoxundrum?

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You win a cookie sir.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Septus wrote: »

How?

Few hours tops, you get a lot of xp at early levels, an elite mob in say, ragefire chasm is worth I think 500 possibly more, and it'd be about 100 mobs a go. Thats an easy 50k xp for 10 minutes work.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Man, I don't know any prot pallies :(

Bigity on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

We've been kinda half assedly been trying to track down one of the stuffed mooses from the show to act as a guild mascot. Keep getting sniped on E-bay bids.

I wonder what percentage of WoW players at this point never lived through the 80s.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Scarier would be the percent that don't remember the 90s.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Happy: And in other guild related news, next paycheck I will get my tickets and hotel room for GaGfest 2008 in Vegas. Yes boys and girls, it can get geeker then playing WoW. You could watch a drunken guildie flirt with a woman dressed as a Klingon.

Damn kids!

I wish my guild wasn't comprised of broke college students and/or twenty-somethings. I'd love to hang out with a bunch of them but I bet only one or two could afford it. Maybe if we didn't spend all our time playing WoW. :rotate:

riz on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How's that saying go? If you remember the 60's you weren't actually there, but if you remember the 80's you wish you didn't?

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
This discussion has been closed.