Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    OremLK wrote: »
    Scarier would be the percent that don't remember the 90s.

There are a couple of years I don't remember but that's not an age thing.
    Damn kids!

I wish my guild wasn't comprised of broke college students and/or twenty-somethings. I'd love to hang out with a bunch of them but I bet only one or two could afford it. Maybe if we didn't spend all our time playing WoW. :rotate:

Our guild tends toward older and we have our fair share of broke college kids too. A bunch of them live in Vegas and so they join us. And what happens in Vegas ends up on Youtube....

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My guild all lives in Florida and knew eachother before the game. I'm lonely here in CA. :(

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    We were joking about bad PC's in the raid today (issue with one spell causing lag for quite a few people), and it came up that one of the players who owns such a bad PC is actually quite wealthy due to .com stock gains (but unwilling to send his PC to the shop to get it fixed because last time he did it took 6 weeks, so he plays with his crappy old videocard), and then one shaman said his family owns 0.05% of the shares of Tesco.... which was quickly googled to about 13 million pounds. The bastard wouldn't buy all of us top of the line PC's though, cheapskate.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    edit: I think Get along gang is a great guild name, makes me think you're a bunch of happy cowboys roaming the prairies.
    Makes me think the guild leader is a moose.

We've been kinda half assedly been trying to track down one of the stuffed mooses from the show to act as a guild mascot. Keep getting sniped on E-bay bids.

Also: 90% of the guild has no fucking clue what we're talking about.

Happy: And in other guild related news, next paycheck I will get my tickets and hotel room for GaGfest 2008 in Vegas. Yes boys and girls, it can get geeker then playing WoW. You could watch a drunken guildie flirt with a woman dressed as a Klingon.

Damn kids!

I wish my guild wasn't comprised of broke college students and/or twenty-somethings. I'd love to hang out with a bunch of them but I bet only one or two could afford it. Maybe if we didn't spend all our time playing WoW. :rotate:

I think the fact that most of them are Canadians doesn't help.
    Greyhound buses are cheap to Vegas!
    But not cheap enough

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I think the fact that most of them are Canadians doesn't help.
    Greyhound buses are cheap to Vegas!
    But not cheap enough

Pfft....filthy Canadians.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If Canada and Texas were closer we might have a good meeting place for a lot of the guild, but alas.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    California has nice beaches everyone could enjoy!

(Not Raiding riz?)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If Canada and Texas were closer we might have a good meeting place for a lot of the guild, but alas.

Just convince the Texans to move to Alberta. It'll be just like home.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    California has nice beaches everyone could enjoy!

(Not Raiding riz?)

I was but I swapped out for Resynn, not feeling too well.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ah well, that sucks. Feel better
    Also hate:
    Stupid subscriptions ending.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well, at least your leggings didn't drop again.

Hate: Mine didn't either. :cry:

riz on
  • Options
    Vindicta_Vindicta_ Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: When my guild dies :<

We downed Illidan three weeks ago. Then today part of our raiders ninja left for another guild. I really don't mind that I wont be raiding anymore, it had been taking a toll on me. But I'm really gonna miss some people. :(

Vindicta_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Who says I didn't drop my own :winky:.. That sucks though.

The good thing is I'm using this time to study and do homework (Since I took a 4 hour nap earlier today, wouldn't have if I'd had WoW up though), but man I really want to finish my Hyjal rep.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    Invoice NinjaInvoice Ninja Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy! - 'Ding 41' = Winter's got her full black mageweave ensemble on now :D
    WoWScrnShot_042208_204608.jpg
    /swoon <3

Invoice Ninja on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aegis wrote: »

Just convince the Texans to move to Alberta. It'll be just like home.

Except more expensive. And cold.

Forget aboot it.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Happyness: One of our nice paladins was extremely worried that she wouldn't be able to kill her constructs on Gorefiend and had been dodging the fight because of it. Alas, last night we needed her and she came. On our last attempt she was first up on constructs and proceeded to wreck them as the last one got to the raid.

Annoyance: Many of our other raiders with ample ability to spew hot air could not handle their constructs last night. We got eventually but christ that was annoying.

Hating: Raid leading. I do it as our back up RL and god people annoy the fuck out of me when I lead. The special all-stars:

Our hunter leader/Mage leader: AFK during invites when the only part of the CL position you actually fucking do is telling me who to invite.
    Our hunter leader: Who when something goes wrong has no fucking clue what actually happened but will shoot his mouth off about what he think happened. I get you're trying to be helpful but holy christ, you never, ever seem to get the cause of a wipe right.
    People who when there is a raid wipe, and the raid is running back while people are still dieing, chain the mobs that caused the wipe onto the group of people running back. Hunters, if your FD is resisted....congrats, take your fucking lumps and die.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Heh I love people announcing what went wrong on Vent after a wipe when they have no clue what really happened, especially when they think they're calling someone out and they're just wrong. "I saw it, X pulled aggro!" Yes after the TANK DIED...

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Heh I love people announcing what went wrong on Vent after a wipe when they have no clue what really happened, especially when they think they're calling someone out and they're just wrong. "I saw it, X pulled aggro!" Yes after the TANK DIED...

Yep. I died in a P2 attempt and he started howling about someone pulling aggro. It was pointed out that I would be the greatest tank of all time if I could hold aggro while dead.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate hate hate: Comcast. "nuff said, I reckon.

dojango on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Excelsior!: So, after Kara, I'm doing dailies on my tank. Then I get a tell from a former guildie, currently in a 25-man guild, asking if I can bring my retribution paladin to their last Void Reaver attempt of the night. So I bring it on over, luckily still carrying some leftover consumables from Kara, and we get started. I manage to die about midway through the fight due to knockback+aggro+crushing, but a battle rez, quick rebuffing and I'm back in it. Void Reaver dies with a minute and a half left on enrage timer, I find out that was their guild-first VR kill, and someone is standing atop the damage meters.

I'd always wondered how I'd do on a sustained, long-term 25-man boss fight, and for my gear level, I guess that's fairly good (VR's rather high-armor), but I seek better. Five more gear slots to upgrade, and two more weeks until alchemy lab and complete-epic-regemming.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Is there a ret paladin resource like the maintankadin forum?

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dear lord... that lock was doing 300dps...

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dear lord... that lock was doing 300dps...
    That's terrible. I could do more DPS by shitting onto my keyboard. On my resto shaman.

Hate: Exam season. When my 32 complement raiding guild loses key people for a week or two as they valiantly strive for an education. Which leaves us valiantly striving to kill Brutallus with non-optimal groups. Nevermind working on Felmyst. I hope this clears up once May rolls around.

Entriech on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well, closer 400 than 300, but yeah, looks like he mostly just put up a couple DoTs and threw out intermittent Shadow Bolts. As well as get hit by nine orbs.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    Hate hate hate: Comcast. "nuff said, I reckon.

I'm afraid that if we try to do solarion this week, I may have to step out because of what's going on with them right now.

I can fake it on the other fights where if I lockup, its just me that dies. Wouldn't be so lucky there...

Another Hate: Last night we saw a few huntardish things going on in SSC: At least two of my sheeps were broken by pets (where I actually saw the pet streak in, tap the sheep, and then head off to the main target), and we had a "oops" moment where we saw a pet just run right ahead of the tanks and pull one of the platforms for the lurker trash D:

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Noap because ret is sux and u cent respec frm prot.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Our MT randomly left the guild right before Attumen on a Badge Kara run. Logged off too and forgot to mention that a) he was leaving and b) why he was leaving, leaving the rest of the raid completely confused. We stole the other Kara group (our guild runs 2 on Tuesdays)'s main tank and proceeded to finish the run after about 10-15 minutes of confusion.

Upon logging back in, however, he claimed that the toon he had played for 10-15 hours a day was his alt. His alt MTed us through our first ZA/Mag/Gruul clears. How joyous.

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Noap because ret is sux and u cent respec frm prot.

Well, I will need to loot-sponge in heroics/Kara/ZA at some point and I sure as hell won't be tanking if Zimi's there! And fuck paladin healing, that's what my druid is for.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Dondums wrote: »
    Our MT randomly left the guild right before Attumen on a Badge Kara run. Logged off too and forgot to mention that a) he was leaving and b) why he was leaving, leaving the rest of the raid completely confused. We stole the other Kara group (our guild runs 2 on Tuesdays)'s main tank and proceeded to finish the run after about 10-15 minutes of confusion.

Upon logging back in, however, he claimed that the toon he had played for 10-15 hours a day was his alt. His alt MTed us through our first ZA/Mag/Gruul clears. How joyous.

Strangely that doesn't shock me. We had a warrior who raided with us, and had his lock raiding in an Aussie guild Pre-tbc.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    yeah one of our resto druids also raids on his mage on an Oceanic server.

riz on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    When do these people sleep? Or are they out of work or something?

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    When do these people sleep? Or are they out of work or something?

In the case of my guy, he was unemployed for a while.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah mine is college-age but moved from the US to NZ or something so he hasn't re-enrolled yet.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah mine is college-age but moved from the US to NZ or something so he hasn't re-enrolled yet.

Did he by chance leave his wife for a mage? :rotate:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't think he could ever be mean enough to leave someone.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm planning on going to NZ in a couple months for vacation. Tell him to be my friend.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I'm planning on going to NZ in a couple months for vacation. Tell him to be my friend.

He probably would. Nicest person I've ever known, I think. A dirty hippie too.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »

He probably would. Nicest person I've ever known, I think. A dirty hippie too.
    And then I could get my WoW fix vicariously! It really is a win/win situation.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    In my old guild we had a guy who's roommate went to school fulltime, and did the whole raiding on two characters thing. Pre-tbc too, when just gearing up to be able to raid took 20 days /played.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
This discussion has been closed.