Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Excelsior!: So, after Kara, I'm doing dailies on my tank. Then I get a tell from a former guildie, currently in a 25-man guild, asking if I can bring my retribution paladin to their last Void Reaver attempt of the night. So I bring it on over, luckily still carrying some leftover consumables from Kara, and we get started. I manage to die about midway through the fight due to knockback+aggro+crushing, but a battle rez, quick rebuffing and I'm back in it. Void Reaver dies with a minute and a half left on enrage timer, I find out that was their guild-first VR kill, and someone is standing atop the damage meters.

I'd always wondered how I'd do on a sustained, long-term 25-man boss fight, and for my gear level, I guess that's fairly good (VR's rather high-armor), but I seek better. Five more gear slots to upgrade, and two more weeks until alchemy lab and complete-epic-regemming.

That list of names reads like a compilation from the Terrible Names thread.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A hate last night I broke down and respec'd my mage from frost to fire now looking at what I need to make the whole spellfire set: 26 spell cloth {13 imbunded nether weave 13 fire and 13 mana}, 51 primal fire!, 13 primal mana {I have 30+ in the bank}.

If it was not for the fact she is on a pvp server getting the fire would not be an issue other than hours of farming

Brainleech on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Went 4-6 last night in arena. It may not seem like much but last week we went 0-10 and got murdered in every fight. All of your fights last night were decently close except one.

shadowane on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: First two-night BT/Hyjal clear, including enough time to clear Sunwell trash once.

Unhappy: Still no leggings or Skull or Sunfire pattern (lol as if those exist) for yours truly.

riz on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Saeris wrote: »
    That list of names reads like a compilation from the Terrible Names thread.
    Eh, at least my paladin's name is sufficiently unused.

Now if only I can figure out if the Ch is supposed to be pronounced as in charred or as in champagne. Considering the origin, I'd presume the former, but I like the way the latter sounds.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Happy: First two-night BT/Hyjal clear, including enough time to clear Sunwell trash once.

Unhappy: Still no leggings or Skull or Sunfire pattern (lol as if those exist) for yours truly.

(Man I didn't even have homework to do last night! Stupid Blizzard mrf money ermf)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Spent a chunk of Saturday and about 2000g levelling jewelcrafting in preparation for the epic gem vendor.

Happier: I've made the gold back already. Jewelcrafting is insanely profitable (having a transmute specced Alchemy alt does help though).

Hate: The continuous stream of bad news coming out of the 2.4.2 patch, it's like Blizzard are purposefully setting out to screw me over...

dylman on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dylman wrote: »
    Hate: The continuous stream of bad news coming out of the 2.4.2 patch, it's like Blizzard are purposefully setting out to screw me over...

Hmm, the only bad news I've seen that affects me is that they're taking the SSO bag away as a reward for the Nagrand daily, and maybe the removal of the void crystal cooldown. The bit about the mount trinkets vs enchants is too up in the air at the moment to judge.

Am I overlooking something?

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Woot: Camped Dire Maul arena this morning, Skarr the Unbreakable spawned, brought a pair of paladins in to take him down, and today is an Orb of Deception selling day. :)

Edit: Well, that was quick. Sold for 640g already.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: we have a tidbit of DK info from the boards. Check out the DK post if interested.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really fucking pissed: Raidlead taking something /way/ the wrong fucking way and assuming I'm a douchebag with absolutely no reason to think such.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    DuraekDuraek Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: I went into T5 content with a startup guild since they needed a fury warrior and I wasn't in BT. Oh lord, mistake. They had SSC cleared up to Karathress, and we killed them without much issue besides some retarded melee dying to volleys by standing too close (how? I don't know. Maybe they felt like running around randomly.)

So whatever, we head over to TK to do VR. Easymode, right? Wrong. Enough terrible healers and melee running out of pounding to actually kill the melee with orbs. Ranged were dying to the first orb on them on the third pull. That's just unacceptable.

What's even worse is their raidleader coddles them and tries to always play it up as positive. Which is not the way to raidlead, no sir.

edit: dylman your character name/guild are amazing.

Duraek on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy (as hell): Finally got my epic flying mount. Woo! I spent the day flying around, seeding my new gatherer mod with herbs, farming for the guild, etc.

Feels like being Superman. Especially when you can fly to your bud's rescue just in the nick of time :)

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Picked up a Claw of Molten Fury in Hyjal tonight to play around with. It may not be as good as my Blade of Infamy but it looks so damn cool that I'll try out a Fist/Sword built for a few raids.

Also Happy: Ran a ZA on my priest and got a Signet of Ancient Magics, the caster cloak from the 1st chest, and enough badges to get the wand.

Hate: Never having used mass dispel before, and not finding out until after a wipe that I have to click it and then drag a circle over the people I want to dispel. It was also 5am, I was half asleep at the keyboard, and I could care less that I pissed a couple of pugs off. My stupidity and lack of actual play time on my priest in raids made me feel like an idiot, but also allowed me to finally be able to goto bed. That said we didn't have the healing to 2 heal Zul'jin so maybe it worked out for the better anyways.

Also Hate: I feel like I'm terribad on my shadowpriest even though I've got a working spell rotation down, have over 1100 spell damage, and am learning more on every raid how to play the class better. However, I cant seem to pass around 850 dps on boss fights, and usually end up somewhere in the middle to low end of the damage charts when compared to mages, warlocks, hunters, and rogues. I may just be too hard on myself and expecting too much since a shadowpriest is more of a support class than a pure dps class where I'm used to doing nearly double that dps and topping if not leading the damage/dps chart.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ecstatic: After a guild merge that could have gone incredibly poorly the raid formerly known as the Hurricane is now ridiculously awesome, and got up to 4/5 hyjal the first week we killed Kael and managed to get 4/5 MH and 3/9 BT in two raid days this week. And we've added a 4th raid day sunday that they're going to spend all on archimonde.

Meh: My personal dps is still only 900-1000 and a bunch of other people are breaking 1500. Where does druid DPS tend to cap out at?

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've seen druids doing pretty decent damage. Before ours stopped playing, in his DPS gear he usually did around 1300's if in the proper group.

(hunter/hunter/hunter/druid/enhancement w GoA).

The best part is usually the ability to be an amazing tank when required and still be able to put out competitive dps when required.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Got my leather shoulderpads from Chess last night, finally! Put my 20 AP gem from MgT in it as well as a stam/crit gem and the exalted level DPS shoulder enhant from the scryers.

I'm wondering if I should replace the crit/stam gem with something else, but it had been sitting in my bank for weeks.

Bigity on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If you're not hit capped, hit or hit and agility gems are the way to go.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Uh, not for enhance shamans.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thought you were a rogue for some reason...

Oats on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oatway wrote: »

To be fair, that's what I thought as well.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Must be Canadian groupthink.

Happy: My guild's alt-Kara actually got further than main-Kara, full-clearing it in about three hours and change.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oatway wrote: »

Sometimes I think Blizzard wants me to be a rogue...when they don't want me to be a hunter :D

Bigity on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: My guild doesn't schedule Kara runs even though some of our members are terribly undergeared and all of us could benefit from badges. Instead, we run head long into SSC and TK (we don't even do Gruul or Bagtheridon), getting a kill here and there (2 in TK and 3 in SSC) but not really having ANYTHING on farm. Also, I won't be able to run with them on one of their main raid days for awhile because my schedule got changed around at work.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: Ninja's who think they are being clever.

Last night ran UB with a couple guildies with a PuG healer/tank. The tank gave me a wonderful first impression by talking in nothing but "lol"s at times. Once we started the instance though, he did well, so I shut up about his verbal retardation.

He's a DE'er (so would roll on blues no one wanted) and I noticed after winning a DE roll on the second boss that no DE took place, and 5 minutes later I had to open up a trade with him in order to prompt him to hand over the shard.

Rest of the instance goes smooth as hell, kill the last boss. He needs 2 blues and a primal nether, I'm thinking "cool, 2 more shards to roll on".

Nope, he thought he would be clever and sat there "afk" until everyone got tired and just ported back to shatt. He then left the group to go on his merry way.

This is him by the way. Roky in <Diurne> on Ravenholdt. Run the other way if you see this guy in your group.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Hate: My guild doesn't schedule Kara runs even though some of our members are terribly undergeared and all of us could benefit from badges. Instead, we run head long into SSC and TK (we don't even do Gruul or Bagtheridon), getting a kill here and there (2 in TK and 3 in SSC) but not really having ANYTHING on farm. Also, I won't be able to run with them on one of their main raid days for awhile because my schedule got changed around at work.

You know what really makes me sad? My guild has been farming Karazhan for more then a year now. We did Gruul and Magtheridon. We do regular ZA runs. And yet we are at 2/6 and 1/4, where your guild just goes in and progresses faster and further then we do.

Kartan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Kartan wrote: »

You know what really makes me sad? My guild has been farming Karazhan for more then a year now. We did Gruul and Magtheridon. We do regular ZA runs. And yet we are at 2/6 and 1/4, where your guild just goes in and progresses faster and further then we do.

We threw ourselves at Solarian for 3 nights a week two weeks in a row to get the first kill. The guild leaders decided no more Void Reaver until we downed her. Now we can't manage to kill Void Reaver anymore.

We run head long into a wall until it breaks, not really looking for a flaw in the walls defenses. The guild is full of tenacious bastards, I'll give them that, but god damn I want badges! I need to break 1000 shadow damage god damn it! My tank needs to get the rest of her Kara gear! But we don't put anything up in GEM unless it's SSC, TK, or Hyjal trash in hopes of getting more free non-boss epics. (we had three of those fucking spell damages maces drop in one fucking day.)

... I wasn't there.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Some guilds move faster then others. I've often observed that either numbers of people, including things like enough tanks/healers/dps and those who say "OMG you have to have 15 hunters for fight X", or people who believe that everyone has to have the best in slot available before they can try new content tend to slow down progression.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fodder wrote: »
    Ecstatic: After a guild merge that could have gone incredibly poorly the raid formerly known as the Hurricane is now ridiculously awesome, and got up to 4/5 hyjal the first week we killed Kael and managed to get 4/5 MH and 3/9 BT in two raid days this week. And we've added a 4th raid day sunday that they're going to spend all on archimonde.

Meh: My personal dps is still only 900-1000 and a bunch of other people are breaking 1500. Where does druid DPS tend to cap out at?

Dude I was doing 1750 on Gorefiend, and didn't get ghosted at all.

SUCK ON THAT.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I about creamed my pants when I broke 800 DPS on Magtheridon last week...

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »

I was thinking something along those same lines...

Fig-D on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Some guilds move faster then others. I've often observed that either numbers of people, including things like enough tanks/healers/dps and those who say "OMG you have to have 15 hunters for fight X", or people who believe that everyone has to have the best in slot available before they can try new content tend to slow down progression.

Our reason was a severe case of mass retards. I mean, 2 nights of Alar and we got him into P2 once.

Kartan on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Our reson was a severe case of mass retards. I mean, 2 nights of Alar and we got him into P2 once.

Mass retardation strikes every guild at some point or another. Scientists do not understand the spread of the diease or the infection vectors. Some guilds recover, some acquire permanent cases. Common warning signs include: Too many hunters. Too many rogues. Too many E-whores. If you wish you learn more about mass retardation please visit www.holy_shit_these_fuckers_are_dumb.com or send money to me on behalf of the Committee Against Stupid Hunters. You can use our acronym for that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »

I was thinking something along those same lines...

A few weeks ago I found a screenshot I had taken of all my trinkets going off and all my shit proccing and fully buffed et al. and getting a listed dps of 367.5 at 60. It lasted for 4 seconds.

I was SO PROUD.

Also, to help squash everyone's souls, one of our warlocks was doing 2K DPS on Hyjal Trash.

Fuck SoC.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sigged so hard.

Edit: If it ever updates, what the fuck...

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas, you need to keep a running count of our many people click that link hoping that its real.

You can start with me.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Our reason was a severe case of mass retards. I mean, 2 nights of Alar and we got him into P2 once.

I have never not gotten Al'ar to phase 2. Even in old retard raid, we ALWAYS got him to P2. I can't even conceive of how one could wipe to phase 1 other than ALL the tanks suck at Quills.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I've broken 10k on my paladin...
    I ran around gathering up all of the trash in Heroic BM and conscrated it to death.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I've broken 10k on my paladin...
    I ran around gathering up all of the trash in Heroic BM and conscrated it to death.

Replace that with SM Cathedral and I did that on my Holy paladin. 800 spell damage goooo.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »

I have never not gotten Al'ar to phase 2. Even in old retard raid, we ALWAYS got him to P2. I can't even conceive of how one could wipe to phase 1 other than ALL the tanks suck at Quills.

Have the Melee on him on P1. Have melee be stupid.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.