Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh melee, how many fun ways we ranged can sit back and watch them die.

riz on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »

Well this is "World of Rangedcraft"

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »
    I have never not gotten Al'ar to phase 2. Even in old retard raid, we ALWAYS got him to P2. I can't even conceive of how one could wipe to phase 1 other than ALL the tanks suck at Quills.

We've only given Al'ar three tries, but ALL of our tanks did die from quills that second try. Third try our pally tank died from getting it twice in a row for 8k a piece and his no tank fire damage for all thing killed three healers within three ticks.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Well this is "World of Rangedcraft"

But..................

The Warglaives

!

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Our former top rogue used to "affectionately" refer to the casters and hunters as "you pussies hiding in the back."

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Our former top rogue used to "affectionately" refer to the casters and hunters as "you pussies hiding in the back."

Your tanks need to refer to the melee dps as "you pussies hiding behind the mob". :mrgreen:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Your tanks need to refer to the melee dps as "you pussies hiding behind the mob". :mrgreen:

:^:

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    :^: seconded!

riz on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hilarious: My druid buddy was running his alt Rogue through Slave Pens. A Holy Paladin was healing it for him. I've never played with the Paladin even though he's been in our guild for awhile. (i think he's one of the GM's real life friends) Anyways, listening to my buddy complain about this guys healing ability on vent was hilarious. Apparantly the Paladin decided to run in and melee, while letting the tank die. My friend said he also had to vanish and bandage numerous times to keep himself from dying because no heals were being thrown out. Oh yeah, he also meleed the bosses. That was cool. And then, in guild chat, he was bragging about how two guilds wanted him to join them because of his awesome healing.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

How about during a magtheridon kill, watching a rogue suddenly double in threat and maggy turning around and one shotting him?

We're still not sure how that happened (he jumped up to around 1400 TPS according to omen). My guess was that he found a secret finishing move that places the sword somewhere uncomfortable.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Fucking Hate: Was supposed to go surfing today, some jackass decided to get eaten by a shark instead. Now the beaches are closed.

/cry

http://www.surfline.com/surfnews/article_bamp.cfm?id=15032

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

How about during a magtheridon kill, watching a rogue suddenly double in threat and maggy turning around and one shotting him?

We're still not sure how that happened (he jumped up to around 1400 TPS according to omen). My guess was that he found a secret finishing move that places the sword somewhere uncomfortable.
    He takes double damage while he is banished. If the rogue pops his trinkets and cool downs right then and gets a string of crits... Ka-pow.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

hahahaaa, i did think that at one point as a tank pre-tbc.

My revenge was to get right close to the centre of the raid boss'es red circle-thing, and during the fight i would occasionally move right to the middle of the circle, and through them, thus spinning them round. Usually in the direction of the melee dps. Doing this on Nefarian was my proudest moment in all of WoW (killing twin-emps comes second). Oh the panic over vent from the rogues thinking they'd aggro'd him :lol:

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »

My revenge was to get right close to the centre of the raid boss'es red circle-thing, and during the fight i would occasionally move right to the middle of the circle, and through them, thus spinning them round. Usually in the direction of the melee dps. Doing this on Nefarian was my proudest moment in all of WoW (killing twin-emps comes second). Oh the panic over vent from the rogues thinking they'd aggro'd him :lol:

Also a good way to get yourself killed through parries.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I could stand in front of the mob if you wanted.

How often do you want him to get free attacks due to parry?

Oats on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Luckily, all it takes is one trinket to never have to worry about parries again.

Hrm... maybe I'll start dps'ing from in front of non-cleaving mobs, just to make my tanks sweat a little.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    hate: just spent three hours in magisters' terrace heroic. some of the people in my guild cannot play for shit.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Euphoriac wrote: »

Also a good way to get yourself killed through parries.

nah, this was on farm content so we were geared enough to survive through one or two spins, and any potential dangers are worth keeping the dps on alert

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    I about creamed my pants when I broke 800 DPS on Magtheridon last week...

I was thinking something along those same lines...

A few weeks ago I found a screenshot I had taken of all my trinkets going off and all my shit proccing and fully buffed et al. and getting a listed dps of 367.5 at 60. It lasted for 4 seconds.

I was SO PROUD.

Also, to help squash everyone's souls, one of our warlocks was doing 2K DPS on Hyjal Trash.

Fuck SoC.

This ss from hyjal last week is xbox huge so I'm not going to embed it, but I had to hurry and change pants between the waves...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/eriklee113/WoWScrnShot_042308_192934.jpg

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fodder wrote: »

A few weeks ago I found a screenshot I had taken of all my trinkets going off and all my shit proccing and fully buffed et al. and getting a listed dps of 367.5 at 60. It lasted for 4 seconds.

I was SO PROUD.

Also, to help squash everyone's souls, one of our warlocks was doing 2K DPS on Hyjal Trash.

Fuck SoC.

This ss from hyjal last week is xbox huge so I'm not going to embed it, but I had to hurry and change pants between the waves...

Sup Erik.

Transporter on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fodder wrote: »

I was SO PROUD.

Fuck SoC.

Sup Erik.

Sup my now second favorite shaman because you don't give me a hojillion AP.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I've heard Vanish is bugged on Magtheridon, where it says you drop threat but nothing raelly happens. Don't know if it's true but I've heard many a rogue die to that

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Luckily, all it takes is one trinket to never have to worry about parries again.

Hrm... maybe I'll start dps'ing from in front of non-cleaving mobs, just to make my tanks sweat a little.

If you're a human, sure. I actually have to work to get unblockable and unparriable.

I also have the sexy sexy trinket in question, which is the Happy: for this post.

Oats on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I've heard Vanish is bugged on Magtheridon, where it says you drop threat but nothing raelly happens. Don't know if it's true but I've heard many a rogue die to that
    That would suck if it were true... I rely on that threat drop, damnit!

Although, I've not had a problem pulling aggro. My tank is gud.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: Grinding honor in AV. People are retarded. But it lead to my happy.

Happy: Got me the S1 shield for my tanking set. Tons of armor, stamina, and block are now mine!

Happyx2: Got the Khorium Gun that has a shit ton of stamina on it as well.

My tank is coming along nicely... yes, very nice.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    PVP really seems to bring out the worst in me. If I'm sitting in a horrible PUG, or the guild is wiping stupidly on something, I'm willing to compromise and give people the benefit out the doubt... but watching alliance in PVP is turning me into a madman. I really get frustrated when we lose 4 AB's in a row and some dickwad calls me pathetic for saying that we should give up our last base when we're 1000 points behind, or when alliance can't kill one fucking shadow priest. All PVp makes me want to do now is crawl up in the foetal position and cry, because some of the things I've witnessed in AB/WSG have been just embarrassing.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Transfer over to the Whirlwind battlegroup, the Alliance wipe the fucking floor with us in 3 out of 4 BG's. The only one we still consistently win is AB, everything else is basically free honor for Alliance.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Went to heroic Mr. T for the first time. Almost completely identical to normal mode.

Hate: Took forever. We had a good group clearing the place up. However, after the third boss (which took a few tries), the stupid mage wiped us three times. When I called him out on it, he left the group and trained some mobs on me and killed me, not cool. We then did a bunch of people swapping, leaving only 2 of the original people left (myself and one of the rogues).

Sweetness: Kael'thas took a few tries, since the ranged dps had problems with the phoenix (seems that in heroic, it's immune to slowing effects). Going well until people die during gravity lapse. By the 2nd one, only the tank and I were alive. With my leetsauce healing, I kept the both of us up for about 6 more lapses and helped dps. However, the tank gave in, leaving me with little health and mana. The last lightning bolt I casted right before the next lapse was casted killed him. Hooray!

Sad: No cockstrider. Someday...

Happy: At least I didn't leave empty-handed.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    They're not immune to slows on heroic. You were lied to

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    PVP really seems to bring out the worst in me. If I'm sitting in a horrible PUG, or the guild is wiping stupidly on something, I'm willing to compromise and give people the benefit out the doubt... but watching alliance in PVP is turning me into a madman. I really get frustrated when we lose 4 AB's in a row and some dickwad calls me pathetic for saying that we should give up our last base when we're 1000 points behind, or when alliance can't kill one fucking shadow priest. All PVp makes me want to do now is crawl up in the foetal position and cry, because some of the things I've witnessed in AB/WSG have been just embarrassing.

I don't solo queue for wsg or AB.

Only eots, because allies win that on my battlegroup, and AV, because its the fastest honour.

I won't even group queue for AB with less than 10. Queue for it with 5 people, and the 10 pugs follow you around like groupies. You lose.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Schadenfreude: Anyone who needs to get any shopping done on Shadowmoon had better steer clear of Stormwind for a little while. My guild couldn't decide if we should do a third Kara, a second ZA or Bagtheridon.

So we killed their king instead.

Oats on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tav wrote: »

Only eots, because allies win that on my battlegroup, and AV, because its the fastest honour.

I won't even group queue for AB with less than 10. Queue for it with 5 people, and the 10 pugs follow you around like groupies. You lose.
    EoTS... fast... Honour?

These three words don't belong in the same sentence.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »

EoTS... fast... Honour?

These three words don't belong in the same sentence.

He said eots because they win and av for fast honor, not eots for both.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh thank god. I missed the "AV" part and for a second I thought I'd slid into an alternate dimension, I was waiting for Arturo and Remy to show up.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    GNOMES PUNT TAUREN
    BIZZARO PRIESTS GANK ROGUES
    EYE PROVIDES GOOD HONOR AND PVP OCCURS IN AV

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    cats and dogs living together?

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    KG3000KG3000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Mass hysteria.

KG3000 on
    What?
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    GNOMES PUNT TAUREN
    BIZZARO PRIESTS GANK ROGUES
    EYE PROVIDES GOOD HONOR AND PVP OCCURS IN AV

Which of these does not fit in with the other three?

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Got off my butt, and grabbed a few pieces of the Dreadweave 'lock PVP set, and played a match on Eye. Finished in the middle of the pack, but could have done better considering I went in with a poopy PVP spec (0/21/40) and only two pieces of pvp gear (unenchanted and only the robe was gemed). I am hooked though, wish I picked this up earlier in my lock's career so I knew more tactics before jumping in with "the big boys". Only one real problem I found with it, ...

Hate: People who take this crap waaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious. There was one person in my group that was constantly bitching the whole match. literally every five second his name was popping up with another insight on what other people were doing wrong. Settle down, this is still just a video game.

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: People who take this crap waaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious. There was one person in my group that was constantly bitching the whole match. literally every five second his name was popping up with another insight on what other people were doing wrong. Settle down, this is still just a video game.

I keep my mouth shut and just wait for the loss when I have to pvp in a horrible pug, but wasting time losing matches with people who don't understand the basics of the game is really not fun at all.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
This discussion has been closed.