Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's fun for them, I'm sure. Ah, blissful ignorance must be great. And of course you don't have time to teach them over the course of one game, assuming they're even willing to learn, which most aren't. Usually the only time they'll even recognize your existance is when you start explaining to them that it would be more fun to throw the match and get into another one than to keep flailing away into a painfully slow and inevitable defeat.

The key is to identify an unwinnable match early on, and then sit in a corner somewhere, doing something fun instead. I've taken to asking at the beginning for a show of interest in winning the match; if more than 1/3 of the team ignores me, then I just sit out. It's not that I care about winning, it's just that in these situations, experience shows me that only the people who are interested in winning are going to be competent enough to be fun to play with.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's not fun just killing things?

shadowane on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Not if you're a support class.

Healing people until they die when all they did was kill five or six people and not really accomplish anything is incredibly frustrating.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That's true.

shadowane on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Love: How awesome WoW looks with the console command graphic tweaks.
    th_1.jpg

-SPI- on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    How difficult/long/expensive is /does it take to level tailoring from 1 up to a level where you can use it? (In my case, that would be 64 or so)

EDIT: Shit, I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Love: How awesome WoW looks with the console command graphic tweaks.
    th_1.jpg

When my computer memory gets here on Monday/Tuesday you are now making me play with the command graphics

Brainleech on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What are the graphic commands? I want to try 'em now.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    /console groundEffectDensity 256
    /console groundEffectDist 140
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 100
    /console horizonfarclip 2112
    /console farclip 777
    /console characterAmbient 0
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3

I leave the characterAmbient out because I prefer my character standing out a bit.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I used to play a game that had incredible graphics, and the art was pretty unique, but it came out about 3 years before most people had a machine that could handle it, and a year before it was ready. It was full of technical problems and lost about a third of its playerbase to WoW the week WoW came out, and people slowly trickled from it to WoW over the next year until Turbine announced they were going to stop supporting it.

I look at that screenshot of the Tauren in the Barrens and think "God damn, I really miss AC2."

Seg on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Someone needs to show me what Westfall looks like with those tweaks. I'd do it myself but my computer most likely wouldn't be up to it.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Skarr the Unbreakable relinquishes the Orb of Deception today. (thts 2 in 2 weeks)
    Hope: A couple more and epic flight is a go.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy! Got to go to my first Kara in about 4 months today. Full clear, easy badges and got Panzar'Thar Breastplate for my troubles. Whee! No more tanking with the BS vortex chest for me!

Tav on
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy. Got 2.4 badge vendor gear. My druid (except for the goggles) looks totally like a druid ought to.
    Unhappy? I also look like every other druid, regardless of spec. Awesome.

artifexite on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Confused:

Did heroic BM today on my lock. The asked if they could replace me with a mage, even though they asked me to join in the first place. Apparently I'm under geared? Which is odd, because I had to hold back on DPS so I wouldn't steal aggro from the tank, and the priest healer couldn't keep him up. But I'm the one who's under geared. Does this make sense?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    People like to blame others for their own shortcomings.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I wanted badges, too. :(

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Adventures: Charvanek got to visit Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon's Lair. The server's leading Horde guild invited several people along as a semi-PUG run. Not that I had need of any loot from there, just wanted to go and test my DPS against these people in a raid I've never done as melee DPS. Result? Eh, average-y. Turns out the hitboxes on those bosses are deceptively small; I run up, expecting to start swinging, but my average DPS numbers drop as it takes me a little while to notice "You are too far away!" in the middle of the screen. People messed up several times, too. Maulgar took three tries, as tanks for some reason decided to tank some of his adds over next to the mage, Gruul was a one-shot, and the closest we got Magtheridon was 28% or so as the tanks died while the ceiling dropped. Still, good learning experience.

To the Breaking Point, and Beyond!: My guild has all but officially closed down. Almost all of our officers have taken the free server transfer to Dreadmaul (the new Oceanic PvP server). The remainder will probably scatter away soon. I'll take a vacation from raiding for a bit, then contemplate my options.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    and the closest we got Magtheridon was 28% or so as the tanks died while the ceiling dropped. Still, good learning experience.

Bwu? Was your healer asleep?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    He took 27.5k damage in 4.2 seconds. Melee swing, Debris collapse, melee swing, crushing blow (druid tank). And a Cleave in that span missed. In that time, he got 4 Lifebloom ticks, two Drums of Restoration ticks, one Rejuvenation tick, and a Flash of Light for a total of 5k healing.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    /console farclip 777
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3

I leave the characterAmbient out because I prefer my character standing out a bit.

What are the default settings (are they all 0?), and what sort of a system do you need to run to do this sort of stuff?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    He took 27.5k damage in 4.2 seconds. Melee swing, Debris collapse, melee swing, crushing blow (druid tank). And a Cleave in that span missed. In that time, he got 4 Lifebloom ticks, two Drums of Restoration ticks, one Rejuvenation tick, and a Flash of Light for a total of 5k healing.

4 seconds and ONE Flash of Light? Was the paladin wanking off or something? Seriously, 27.5k in 4 seconds is easily healable.

Kartan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Kartan wrote: »

4 seconds and ONE Flash of Light? Was the paladin wanking off or something? Seriously, 27.5k in 4 seconds is easily healable.

At what gear level? And with how many people healing said tank?

Seg on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    /console farclip 777
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3

What are the default settings (are they all 0?), and what sort of a system do you need to run to do this sort of stuff?

/console groundEffectDensity 16
    /console groundEffectDist 1
    /console horizonfarclip 1305
    /console farclip 177
    /console characterAmbient 1
    /console smallcull 1
    /console skycloudlod 1
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 1

That's the macro to turn the niceness off if need be.

Tav on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Kartan wrote: »

At what gear level? And with how many people healing said tank?

Well there was at least a druid and paladin healing the tank, and for Mag you only need 2 people healing the Main Tank. 4 seconds would have been plenty of time to also include a swiftmended rejuvenation + swifted Healing touch for at least 7-10k healing. Especially if you know the collapse is coming and need the keep the MT alive (he emotes for crying out loud).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    As mentioned, half-PUG. I'm guessing some of the healers either panicked at everyone taking debris damage and went, "Oh no! Time to raid heal!" and forgot the tank, or weren't up on the fight and prepared for roof collapse. It also wasn't the designated MT; he died a couple minutes earlier.

We also had a couple of wipes caused by people accidentally clicking on channelers to start the fight when nobody was ready (one of these being when two of us were in the Scryers bank picking up pots, even). After the second occurance, they just called it.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ugh: Still irritated over the earlier BM incident.

Mad: At myself for being so irritated about it.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If I were you I'd post on an internet forum about it

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Happy: I got a new tanking chest and tanking badge bracers today. I've got a daily for Heroic Mr T and all I need is SoC to hit the expertise cap.

:D

Tav on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    As mentioned, half-PUG. I'm guessing some of the healers either panicked at everyone taking debris damage and went, "Oh no! Time to raid heal!" and forgot the tank, or weren't up on the fight and prepared for roof collapse. It also wasn't the designated MT; he died a couple minutes earlier.

We also had a couple of wipes caused by people accidentally clicking on channelers to start the fight when nobody was ready (one of these being when two of us were in the Scryers bank picking up pots, even). After the second occurance, they just called it.

See they say it is easy to heal for a certain amount inside of 4 seconds, and I was wondering what kind of gear would be needed to heal 24k in less then 4 seconds. I am wondering if the healers had the gear required to pull off healing through 24k in 4 seconds.

Seg on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    He had 2 healers on him, well, 1.5. He would've lived if people had kept him topped off then focused on raid healing

Also when people say heal 24k hp in 4 seconds, you don't have to heal all of that, unless the tank has 24,001 HP.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    He had 2 healers on him, well, 1.5. He would've lived if people had kept him topped off then focused on raid healing

Also when people say heal 24k hp in 4 seconds, you don't have to heal all of that, unless the tank has 24,001 HP.

Exactly. A tank that is sitting at 50% is - usually - not in danger. Any half decent Druid tank at that gear level would be around 19-20k life raidbuffed, so all you really have to do is heal enough for the tank to not die in those 4 seconds, until all the healers go OH SHIT GOD FUCK TANK IS DIEING HEAL HEAL. Well at least any healers worth keeping would do that...let me put it this way: between a resto druid (hots lol) and a holy paladin (FoL lol) that both know what they ae doing, a tank dieing can only happen if a) a wtfpwn combo happens (mobs gains a second crushing blow due to some trash mechanic), but those happen within split seconds and are literally one shots or b) the healers are incapacitated (and even then, a druid cares not for any stuns or silences that last less then 7 seconds). 4 Seconds are a long time in raid healing (for resto druids at least), that is almost 3 gcds. Swiftmend+NS->healing Touch alone would have keept the tank alive most likely. It was just shoddy healing, that is all.

Kartan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hate: Warrior main tanks. We have some good ones in our guild, and as tonight proved we have some shitty ones. I don't even think it's the gear, though, because even the good ones I know that instantly means, for me, it's 'watch my aggro' time. This time, we ran ZA on Eagle even though I had heard it was a horrible run-in-progress.

I pulled aggro off the main tank (aforementioned shitty warrior) during eagle and had it on me for 4 melee hits (about 5-6 seconds) until I died. This is pulling aggro after being targetted 3 times with the lightning bolt thing he does, causing pushback on starfires. And stopping DPS to run under the cloud. And having Salv on me. On our next attempt I sat down until Eagle was at 93% before commencing DPS and by the time he was at 50%, I was within 20k of the main tank's threat.

At this point, if we don't have a paladin main tank during a raid I'm just going to stand around every pull and go look at the flowers because goddamn warriors can't build threat worth shit.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Someone needs to show me what Westfall looks like with those tweaks. I'd do it myself but my computer most likely wouldn't be up to it.
    It looks like this:

37152592as3.th.jpg
    86428127th4.th.jpg
    47173751ni3.th.jpg

-SPI- on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    Hate: Warrior main tanks. We have some good ones in our guild, and as tonight proved we have some shitty ones. I don't even think it's the gear, though, because even the good ones I know that instantly means, for me, it's 'watch my aggro' time. This time, we ran ZA on Eagle even though I had heard it was a horrible run-in-progress.

I pulled aggro off the main tank (aforementioned shitty warrior) during eagle and had it on me for 4 melee hits (about 5-6 seconds) until I died. This is pulling aggro after being targetted 3 times with the lightning bolt thing he does, causing pushback on starfires. And stopping DPS to run under the cloud. And having Salv on me. On our next attempt I sat down until Eagle was at 93% before commencing DPS and by the time he was at 50%, I was within 20k of the main tank's threat.

At this point, if we don't have a paladin main tank during a raid I'm just going to stand around every pull and go look at the flowers because goddamn warriors can't build threat worth shit.

Hahaha :v:

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Bad war tanks are bad, but the good ones make druids and paladins look like the second-rate tanks they are, aka, my guilds MT.

Or maybe you're just an oomkin who should watch his threat. :O

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    BlueBaronBlueBaron regular
    edited April 2008
    In all seriousness, a prot warrior is still king if played well. Perhaps the tank just sucked.

BlueBaron on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I've had some warriors good enough that we run through heroics with no CC and Might on DPS instead of Salv. And I've had others who aggro one target in a pack, get healed once, and stand and watch the other 1-3 mobs all start running straight for the healer.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    We have some good ones in our guild, and as tonight proved we have some shitty ones.

I pulled aggro off the main tank (aforementioned shitty warrior)...
    BlueBaron wrote: »
    In all seriousness, a prot warrior is still king if played well. Perhaps the tank just sucked.

Oh gee, you think?

reVerse on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Adventures: Charvanek got to visit Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon's Lair. The server's leading Horde guild invited several people along as a semi-PUG run. Not that I had need of any loot from there, just wanted to go and test my DPS against these people in a raid I've never done as melee DPS. Result? Eh, average-y. Turns out the hitboxes on those bosses are deceptively small; I run up, expecting to start swinging, but my average DPS numbers drop as it takes me a little while to notice "You are too far away!" in the middle of the screen. People messed up several times, too. Maulgar took three tries, as tanks for some reason decided to tank some of his adds over next to the mage, Gruul was a one-shot, and the closest we got Magtheridon was 28% or so as the tanks died while the ceiling dropped. Still, good learning experience.

To the Breaking Point, and Beyond!: My guild has all but officially closed down. Almost all of our officers have taken the free server transfer to Dreadmaul (the new Oceanic PvP server). The remainder will probably scatter away soon. I'll take a vacation from raiding for a bit, then contemplate my options.

Transfer to Dath'Remar, our guild could use a good ret paladin, we're beginning SSC/TK

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.