Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    BlueBaronBlueBaron regular
    edited April 2008
    Aegis wrote: »

At this point, if we don't have a paladin main tank during a raid I'm just going to stand around every pull and go look at the flowers because goddamn warriors can't build threat worth shit.

That is what I was replying to. I'm glad you jumped in though.

BlueBaron on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: There is a new 70 Protadin in WoW.

Oats on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Someone needs to show me what Westfall looks like with those tweaks. I'd do it myself but my computer most likely wouldn't be up to it.
    It looks like this:

37152592as3.th.jpg
    86428127th4.th.jpg
    47173751ni3.th.jpg

Shit yes, i'm giving those tweaks a try tonight! Thanks!

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Our first ever night at Gruul, 35% and 18% on our last 2 tries (of 4).

815165 on
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    Hate: Warrior main tanks. We have some good ones in our guild, and as tonight proved we have some shitty ones. I don't even think it's the gear, though, because even the good ones I know that instantly means, for me, it's 'watch my aggro' time. This time, we ran ZA on Eagle even though I had heard it was a horrible run-in-progress.

I pulled aggro off the main tank (aforementioned shitty warrior) during eagle and had it on me for 4 melee hits (about 5-6 seconds) until I died. This is pulling aggro after being targetted 3 times with the lightning bolt thing he does, causing pushback on starfires. And stopping DPS to run under the cloud. And having Salv on me. On our next attempt I sat down until Eagle was at 93% before commencing DPS and by the time he was at 50%, I was within 20k of the main tank's threat.

At this point, if we don't have a paladin main tank during a raid I'm just going to stand around every pull and go look at the flowers because goddamn warriors can't build threat worth shit.

Just curious, is this the one that got me killed a billion times in heroic Steamvault? Because, yeah. I could have told you how good he was before you had to find out the hard way.

artifexite on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's possible. I can't recall who I ran with during heroic SV.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: first night in 25mans, we downed Gruul and Mag.
    second night, farmed them

third night, VR twoshot, Lurker one-shot.

Hate: Would have been a one-shot on Hydross too, but he bugged out transitioning back to Frost the second time, and stayed nature. One-shotted the nature tank, and that was it. Myself (frost tank) and the nature tank did a perfect job transitioning him, and everyone did an exemplary job stopping DPS during the transition.

Bigger hate: AAARGH BUGGED HYDROSS. He was at 50% with 7.5 minutes left on the enrage timer. Such a certain one-shot and yet fucking bugs meant it wasn't.

Raging hate with the fury of a thousand PMSing women at once: Some fucker on our server reported our guild name <Two Gruuls One Cup> forcing us to have a temporary name. Our GM Furo is understandably pissed off about the temporary name.
    <Furos Guild>.

We had to send in a list of five names we wanted in order of preference. In order, they were.

<Booty Bay Banditos>
    <Lower City Crew>
    <Gruuls Gone Wild> (we knew this one would just get reported again or we'd have put it as first)
    <Two Gruuls>
    <The Lollipop Guild>

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    <Booty Bay Banditos> is pretty cool

edit: not as cool as your old name though :(

815165 on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: BGs bugged out twice today costing me 4 tokens.

shadowane on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Guildies finally helped my lock get his epic mount. I will show pics of him and Buttercup once he gets 70 (he's 69 right now).

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    additional happy: held aggro on VR for four knockbacks, and regained it twice in the period following

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Extremely Happy: Guild first kills of Archimonde and Bloodboil in one night. More or less the 2nd serious raid of attempts on either.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Second complete run of MGT heroic nets me a commendation of Kael'Thas for my prot warrior!

Happier: It turns out there is a guild for students from my university on another server that I may transfer to to help!

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Schadenfreude: The guild of pricks I've talked about before....came apart tonight. In a spat of drama. Glorious.

Happyness: Make 50g a stack for golden fish sticks.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I should apply again if their site is still up

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Felmyst down last night.
    Even more happy: I got my T6 boots. Oh how I love the new T6 pieces. "Here is every stat you will ever want. Ever."
    Content: Plowed through the gauntlet in one go (man did they nerf that from PTR), and took a peek at the Eredar twins. Tonight we get to start working on them.

It was a good night, is what I'm saying.

Entriech on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Got SSO Revered on my rogue, and got enough mats/cash together to Mongoose my S1 mainhand, and once I get done with today's dailies, I'll have enough cash to buy the last vortex I need to craft a Belt of Deep Shadow. Also farmed up the Repair Bot 110g and Adamantite Arrow Maker schematics while I was at it. Not bad for only being 70 for a bit over a week.

Frustrating: Going from a main that was kitted out in T5+ to one that gets snide comments in regular instance pugs stings my pride a bit.

Furious: WoW locks up whenever I travel between Shattrath and either Quel'Danas or Silvermoon. So either I have to shut the program down whenever I travel between the two, or I have to go to QD/Silvermoon via Undercity (shutting down and restarting is quicker), or return to Shattrath via Tranquillien (for some reason, I can hearth to Shatt there without WoW barfing, but Eversong Woods or Silvermoon are no-go). Travelling between anywhere else and Shattrath or vice-versa is just fine, I'm only having problems travelling between those specific places.

I know my addons have something to do with this, because I've tried disabling them all and I'll travel between Shatt and QD just fine (there's a noticeable pause, but I get there and WoW is still running). I just don't know if it's one particular one that is causing trouble or if it's just the sheer volume of them that I have (I think my memory footprint for addons weighs in at around 85 MB when I first log in), but this thing really bugs me and I wish it would stop.

Dilemma: What I should do with my next alt. I'm running out of easy improvements for my Rogue (that don't involve sponging loot and badges from Karazhan or failing my way through 10 arena games every week), so I'd like to kind of build up my support infrastructure a bit and maybe have a fallback plan in case the good people of Blackrock Horde aren't willing to take a chance on an insufferable know-it-all rogue with shitty gear. All I can decide for sure are two things: 1) I don't want a class I already have a 70 of (so no Warlock, Rogue, Warrior, or Druid), and 2) No Trolls. I'm kind of leaning towards either a Shaman (with the intention of going Resto later on, or maybe Elemental), or a Paladin (which would definitely be Prot), but I'm open to any suggestions. Except the ones that tell me to roll a troll, because I am utterly inflexible on that point.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really old happy: Our Kael kills. Badge gear is completley nuts, since, we, who have never stepped into BT or Hyjal, simply raped the shit out of him. We overgeared a boss we had never killed. That's pretty nuts.

Pretty new happy: Saturday Afternoon: Druid level 52. Sunday Morning(4 am) Druid at level 58. Sunday Night after raiding: Druid at level 60.

Ivence(Our resident psychotic leveler) is completley insane and that was a great ride.

Transporter on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Getting decent pugs on my protadin. I've been leveling 60+ with a frost mage and sometimes a warrior, so I'll grab them and then LFG healer + DPS. We've only had one stupid incident so far and I'm having a ton of fun tanking.

Hate: The noted stupid incident. I'm getting a group together for Mana Tombs, and invite this moonkin who healed SP for us earlier in the week. I go AFK to get some coffee while the rest of the noobs make their slow way over to the meeting stone, and I come back to see my warrior friend and the druid arguing in party chat. Apparently the druid didn't want to bring the warrior because MS warriors are useless and he was too low level to do any damage (he was one level below the rest of us) but also he would pull aggro and use up all the healer's mana healing him. How he would pull aggro by doing no damage sort of confused me, but this druid knew what he was talking about, he has a 70 warrior!

So I'm like, did you see the guild tags, he's staying, feel free to leave if you're not happy about it. Druid leaves in a hissy fit of "healers are harder to find than DPS, good luck noobs!", I grab a paladin from LFG, we proceed. Half the instance later, the paladin is like "sorry, guild needs me, bye!" and leaves. He was level 69 in some no-name guild and it was lke 4 p.m. I'm sure his presence was really required at that moment. Grabbed a guildie to heal and finished the run, but goddamn pug healers!

riz on
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    So I'm like, did you see the guild tags, he's staying, feel free to leave if you're not happy about it. Druid leaves in a hissy fit of "healers are harder to find than DPS, good luck noobs!", I grab a paladin from LFG, we proceed. Half the instance later, the paladin is like "sorry, guild needs me, bye!" and leaves. He was level 69 in some no-name guild and it was lke 4 p.m. I'm sure his presence was really required at that moment. Grabbed a guildie to heal and finished the run, but goddamn pug healers!

As a healer, there's nothing better than coming across a good tank, and/or some good DPS/CC.

Happy: Ran Heroic Arcatraz for shits and grins(also daily). Random group of people that turned out to be completly AWESOME at their classes. I couldv'e probably healed this place with my eyes closed. Everyone did their job right, and did it all through typing. No vent. No nothing. Just good ole old-fashioned keyboards and knowing how the hell this game works.

Even more Happy: Same group found out about my lil Druid who can tank or heal. She's got an open invitation to do either, depending on what they are missing, for any future Kara raids that I'm around for. Free 22 badges each week YAY!!

Pissed off: Stupid Sunwell trash. Kill Illidan twice, and now the guild thinks that it's time to go learn Sunwell. Tonight is going to hurt. >.<

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Laurluna wrote: »
    As a healer, there's nothing better than coming across a good tank, and/or some good DPS/CC.

So I am curious, did you see my response to your question? Has something similar happened in a guild you were in?

Seg on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Happy: Getting decent pugs on my protadin. I've been leveling 60+ with a frost mage and sometimes a warrior, so I'll grab them and then LFG healer + DPS. We've only had one stupid incident so far and I'm having a ton of fun tanking.

Hate: The noted stupid incident. I'm getting a group together for Mana Tombs, and invite this moonkin who healed SP for us earlier in the week. I go AFK to get some coffee while the rest of the noobs make their slow way over to the meeting stone, and I come back to see my warrior friend and the druid arguing in party chat. Apparently the druid didn't want to bring the warrior because MS warriors are useless and he was too low level to do any damage (he was one level below the rest of us) but also he would pull aggro and use up all the healer's mana healing him. How he would pull aggro by doing no damage sort of confused me, but this druid knew what he was talking about, he has a 70 warrior!

Sometimes people have plans. But it is poor time management to join a group when you have an appointment set up for not much later. It's just rude.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Charus wrote: »
    (troll hater wants to re-roll another class)

Go priest, they're fun. Shadow is some good times while levelling. Shammies are also fun, as well, and both can be potent healers. Totems are a bit annoying sometimes, but they look cool. I have a priest, a shammy, and a warrior, all trolls.

ALso, you're not the first person I've heard of with that problem. (The lock-up, not the troll thing.) The others just always ask to get summoned to the island, they say it keeps them from locking up.

dojango on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I get the lock-up thing too. It's tres annoying. Whenever I'm planning on porting from one place to the other, I'll log out, disable all my addons, log back in, port, log out, re enable all my addons and log back in.

And man, fuck that noise.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Why don't you spend like 15 minutes figuring out which addon causes it?

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    How many times can I port to/from the Isle? Porting to it is easy enough. But getting back to Shatt? I can use the Quest Reward scroll, or I can hearth. Then I have to wait an hour.

I have dozens of addons. Figuring out which one it is will take days.

That being said, I've spent the past few days trying to figure out which one it is. No dice yet.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's a good point. If it only happens on that port, you'd need three friends to give you a hand.

shadowane on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My wife has had lots of problems porting out to the island causing her graphics to bomb out, requiring a restart. Something in WoW is failing, and it takes out the video card, because after she manages to get out of WoW (which just goes blank), Windows looks fine until she kills the WoW application, then it reverts to like 100x60 with various shades of purple as the only color.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    How many times can I port to/from the Isle? Porting to it is easy enough. But getting back to Shatt? I can use the Quest Reward scroll, or I can hearth. Then I have to wait an hour.

I have dozens of addons. Figuring out which one it is will take days.

That being said, I've spent the past few days trying to figure out which one it is. No dice yet.

One thing that will also work is to invite some random person to your group, run into magister's terrace, then leave group. After 1 minute you'll hearth out automatically (this also works beautifully for getting back to shatt from Org/Stormwind). Wow will probably crash again, but restarting WoW is faster than waiting an hour.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Gatherer.

(15 minutes saved)

(At least that's what all my friends said it was, I don't stoop to farming mats)

(Also I'm apparently today's TotP king. Bow before your master, mortals. :rotate:)

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »

Gatherer.

(15 minutes saved)

(At least that's what all my friends said it was, I don't stoop to farming mats)

I'll have to check this out later, but my gut instinct says this is probably right.

fake edit:
    Gatherer 3.1.1 Released
    Esamynn - 2008-03-28 03:45:39:
    Version 3.1.1 is a bug fix release to address a freeze bug that was occurring in ver 3.1.

Version 3.1.1 Change Log:
    Version Issue List:
    http://jira.norganna.org/browse/GATH/fixforversion/10212
    - GATH-52: upgraded to Astrolabe rev 78 which fixes a bug that was causing an infinite loop whenever you changed continents without going through a loading screen

Norgannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :x

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Infinite loops are awesome.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm not sure I have Gatherer.

But I'll check when I get home.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Are all of you mods up to date? In general, mods that are being updated have bugs like that found and fixed relatively quickly.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Are all of you mods up to date? In general, mods that are being updated have bugs like that found and fixed relatively quickly.
    Yeah, I use the Ace Updater tool thingy at least once a week before raids. Usually every couple of days.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Really old happy: Our Kael kills. Badge gear is completley nuts, since, we, who have never stepped into BT or Hyjal, simply raped the shit out of him. We overgeared a boss we had never killed. That's pretty nuts.

Pretty new happy: Saturday Afternoon: Druid level 52. Sunday Morning(4 am) Druid at level 58. Sunday Night after raiding: Druid at level 60.

Ivence(Our resident psychotic leveler) is completley insane and that was a great ride.

I find it a little amusing that your list doesn't include getting 3 of the guilds first 8 BT drops.

Lootwhore.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    RE: Lockups on Loading Screens. I had a similar but not identical problem a few weeks ago; just about any time I went to a "loading" screen after the initial login, it would lock up. In my case it couldn't be an addon, because I don't use any. It turned out to be that something called the Microsoft Net Framework had been corrupted, a known problem with another game I'd recently installed.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Last try of the night: Gruul dead! Yay!

815165 on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »

I find it a little amusing that your list doesn't include getting 3 of the guilds first 8 BT drops.

Lootwhore.

See Theran, I am a classy gentleman. If I were to post every "little"(massive) upgrade I have gotten over the few months this poor thread would be drowning in a deluge of epics no mere mortal can simply comprehend.

And I have you to do it for me :3

Transporter on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I wish I got gear upgrades ever: (

CJTheran on
This discussion has been closed.