Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Get me in raids.

<3 on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy:

Raid Leader: "Hey Gori, we have enough aoe for Hyjal, but we could use another pally tank to help control the waves."

(I log in my pally tank, who I was hoping to get into hyjal anyway since that's pretty much the holy land of pally tanking)

Mad:
    Comcast: "LOL nope, random slideshows and disconnects for you!"

Nobody on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happiness: 15k gold on bank alts.

Unhappiness: Sunwell Plateau trash mob drop rates mean that nothing that I'm saving that money for is for sale yet.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: Stupid people who refuse to accept a new strategy.
    Love: When they finally accept my strategy...and it works.
    Also Love: Picking up an epic World Drop off Kael'Thas in MrT Normal, AND an Epic gem from the quest, AND Revered with SSO, AND shitloads of pots and money and marks and...

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: New funwell daily to free the Murlocs, awesome!

815165 on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »
    I wish I got gear upgrades ever: (

What was that Mr. Vashj bow I did not hear you over your Vashj bow.

Transporter on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Transporter on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Unhappy: People who I consider good friends and enjoy playing with quitting the game and/or transferring to other servers to play casually with RL friends. Especially painful when they're also really good players and thus our raiding success suffers for the loss of them too.

Sigh.

I thought we'd actually complete all the content before the expansion this time around but it seems that Blizzard's constant "arenas lol" plus us being cockblocked by class balance for Kalecgos is taking a toll already.

riz on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: The Eredar Twins.

Whoever thought up that fucking encounter needs to be taken behind a shed a shot.

It's the culmination of the lamest mechanics known to man, and as melee, is perhaps the worst fight in TBC to date.

It's just a pile of giant "fuck you's" being thrown at the group, after a gruelling supression gauntlet.

Yes, Blizzard, we understand you're milking this patch for all it's worth like Barney when the beer taps run dry, but seriously? This looked good on paper, let alone in practice?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    I thought we'd actually complete all the content before the expansion this time around but it seems that Blizzard's constant "arenas lol" plus us being cockblocked by class balance for Kalecgos is taking a toll already.
    If you're already in the Sunwell that means you've got months to see a few more bosses, it can't be that hard to get to the end before the expansion when you're so close, can it? (I wouldn't know at all)
    Forar wrote: »
    Hate: The Eredar Twins.
    I've watched about 5 or 6 videos of this fight now, including both kill orders and I still don't really understand whats going on with this fight.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    But they're so sexy!

Hate: I'm not at home playing GTA4, and when I get home, it'll be raid time. Bleh. All I want to do in WoW lately is play my paladin. I mean that's not entirely true, I enjoy my warlock and I had fun healing Naxx on my druid the other day, but it's REALLY HARD to get up the motivation to farm Hyjal/BT when you're stuck on the next boss. People raid for a lot of different reasons but knowing you'll accomplish something new soon is a big one. And even if we kill Kalecgos we'll be banging our heads against Brutallus for awhile after that because we don't really have the collective gear for it.

Edit: It can be hard if the core raiders start disappearing. Like none of us want to spend five months relearning Hyjal/BT to gear up replacements for people, that is NOT a fun proposition. So if we lose too many people, I bet some will try to recruit and go on, but some of us don't have it in us to do that AGAIN so we'll either take a break from raiding or server transfer to somewhere that actually raids, etc.

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Unhappy: People who I consider good friends and enjoy playing with quitting the game and/or transferring to other servers to play casually with RL friends. Especially painful when they're also really good players and thus our raiding success suffers for the loss of them too.

Sigh.

Sometimes the paths we take in life diverge. They branch out. Sometimes to return, sometimes to follow their own paths. Do naught but wish them happyness and hope their journey is easy. Be prepared with a hearty hello if they return, and be prepared to raise a glass if it ends.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man I wish I had some GTA4 to play.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    But they're so sexy!

Hate: I'm not at home playing GTA4, and when I get home, it'll be raid time. Bleh. All I want to do in WoW lately is play my paladin. I mean that's not entirely true, I enjoy my warlock and I had fun healing Naxx on my druid the other day, but it's REALLY HARD to get up the motivation to farm Hyjal/BT when you're stuck on the next boss. People raid for a lot of different reasons but knowing you'll accomplish something new soon is a big one. And even if we kill Kalecgos we'll be banging our heads against Brutallus for awhile after that because we don't really have the collective gear for it.

Edit: It can be hard if the core raiders start disappearing. Like none of us want to spend five months relearning Hyjal/BT to gear up replacements for people, that is NOT a fun proposition. So if we lose too many people, I bet some will try to recruit and go on, but some of us don't have it in us to do that AGAIN so we'll either take a break from raiding or server transfer to somewhere that actually raids, etc.

A cascade failure. Right now it's recoverable but the weariness in your tone doesn't speak well of it. Too many leaks in the dike, not enough fingers. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion....guild week off. No raiding beyond 10 mans for a week. Let people go outside, remind them that pretty girls and boys are wandering around. It's amazingly useful for morale.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Lay off the Coleridge imo.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Lay off the Coleridge imo.

I've been trying to get over my hate of Frost of late actually. In theory I should love him, but I simply loathe him. I would use some sort of metaphor for it, but honestly he just makes me want to go back in time with a lock and a sock.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I love Frost, the only poem of his that I really can't stand is (I cannot remember the title) the one where the narrator stops while traveling home through the snow, just because I've heard it done to death.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's usually the problem with poetry. There's good stuff out there but you always hear the same over and over from people who want to sound poetic or whatever. Like people who begin speeches with "The dictionary defines ___ as..." Okay maybe it's not like that but DAMN that is annoying.

Anyway, it's strange because I think I'm one of the only people who sees it. The other officers know we need to recruit two new druids and our shadow priests are retarded, but I get all this from people in tells and on AIM, about being unhappy with the direction Blizzard is taking the game in, and how good the PVP in AoC is going to be, etc. It's not like we can't raid RIGHT NOW but it all makes me wonder how much longer.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I love Frost, the only poem of his that I really can't stand is (I cannot remember the title) the one where the narrator stops while traveling home through the snow, just because I've heard it done to death.

"Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening"?

And it often is done to death along with "The Road not Taken".

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Shadow Word: Death.

Happier: I think I enjoy priest more than my Shaman and my Rogue. Which is funny, because it was my first character ever, and I ended up quitting the game at 45 (long before BC was out) because "Priests fucking suck."

Really, it was because I was speced shadow and did nothing but heal in groups. It was harder because I didn't really understand how healing should be done, I had nothing but +shadow gear, and pugs weren't too kind.

I feel bad about having a DST on my Rogue, though, and just shelving him. I wish I could give that piece of gear to Jaike, my previous guild's best hunter.

I also wish I could give my alt's my main's Honor and Arena points. Oh well!

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's the one. People tend to brush by the early 19th century literature by teaching a few specific poets, and one or two of those poems, and it's why I dislike the era. However I also hate modern poetry because of the internet, and the Beats (Despite Kerouac being more involved in literature) (Ginsberg was cool though)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: Destro locks who stack crit over hit. ZOMG big crits = lotsa crit, amirite?

I was looking over WWS for last night's raid (first three bosses in BT). Two of our locks recently spec'd to destro, we had four destro locks total.

Recent Switcher #1 had a 11% miss on Supremus. I don't know how this was possible. He had a 6% miss the other bosses. And he kept whispering me about his *huge* crits (~6k).

Recent Switcher #2? Same deal.

GAH. *flabbergasted* IDIOTS.

zagi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Heh I would kill to be able to give my alt my main's badges.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's usually the problem with poetry. There's good stuff out there but you always hear the same over and over from people who want to sound poetic or whatever. Like people who begin speeches with "The dictionary defines ___ as..." Okay maybe it's not like that but DAMN that is annoying.

Anyway, it's strange because I think I'm one of the only people who sees it. The other officers know we need to recruit two new druids and our shadow priests are retarded, but I get all this from people in tells and on AIM, about being unhappy with the direction Blizzard is taking the game in, and how good the PVP in AoC is going to be, etc. It's not like we can't raid RIGHT NOW but it all makes me wonder how much longer.

Some of it is because the stuff that is quoted over and over becomes a metaphor unto itself. And some of it varies by who you're talking to.

So Riz, propose a break, a vacation if you will. We're doing it this week. Some people are smart enough to realize they need a break, but most often your burn out cases tend to be the people who live in terror of "If I don't raid this week I'll lose the slot/gear/dkp" and sometimes they need a kick in the ass to take a break.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's the one. People tend to brush by the early 19th century literature by teaching a few specific poets, and one or two of those poems, and it's why I dislike the era. However I also hate modern poetry because of the internet, and the Beats (Despite Kerouac being more involved in literature) (Ginsberg was cool though)

I really think a lot of that generation's greatest poets became rock stars. 18th and 19th century stuff tends to be very hit or miss with me. A lot of the works end up comming off as cold to me. Hawthorne in particular fills me with a fury.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I don't know if some of today's musicians could compare to the shenanigans Wordsworth got into

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    happy: going to get one of the dire ravens as a pet. Name him "quoth". Because I can.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    A hunter in my guild has one called Edgar.

815165 on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Words r dum

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I don't know if some of today's musicians could compare to the shenanigans Wordsworth got into

Jagger and Richards have nothing on Wordsworth and Coleridge.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    happy: going to get one of the dire ravens as a pet. Name him "quoth". Because I can.

That sounds good. Maybe I'll copy you on my hunter.

Wait, I'm going to use 'Zoltan'. And macro him talking about beans.

Bigity on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: got my pally within two levels of getting to Outland (i.e. 56) and now stupid GTA4 had to come out. Guess I won't be playing much WoW for a while.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Finished my first heroic! 3 badges and a Primal Nether!
    Run got off to a rocky start because the pally tank would not let the 2 of us rogues sap, and the 2 casters per group in SV just raped us. After we started sapping we flew through the rest of the instance.

Fatty-McPhat on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Finished my first heroic! 3 badges and a Primal Nether!
    Run got off to a rocky start because the pally tank would not let the 2 of us rogues sap, and the 2 casters per group in SV just raped us. After we started sapping we flew through the rest of the instance.

What, did the tank not know that Avenger's Shield now avoids hitting sapped targets?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Laurluna wrote: »
    As a healer, there's nothing better than coming across a good tank, and/or some good DPS/CC.

So I am curious, did you see my response to your question? Has something similar happened in a guild you were in?

Oof, sorry for being so late to respond to this. Work got crazy yesterday.

Anywho, yes, we had something VERY similar happen in an old guild I was in. Our Hunter CO's Wife was fooling around with the Priest CO. The Hunter CO and the Priest CO were friends IRL from before WoW, and lived 2 states apart. Hunter CO and Wife have 2 kids, and Hunter CO is Active Duty military. Turns out Wife and Priest CO have secretly "met in the middle" over a couple long weekends, and the last time that the Priest CO came out to visit Hunter CO and such. Wife and Priest CO spend long hours late at night in vent. Basic "suspicious activity", as much as can be garnered from an online world anyways.

Ends up in a Divorce, and Hunter CO gets kids, due to being in the military, and Wife basically being a crazy cheating whore. Wife and Priest CO are promptly Gkicked, when this whole thing is laid out in front of us other officers and the GM. Now ex-Wife and Priest CO continue to play together, join another guild, and that's the last I know of that server.

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    zagi wrote: »
    Hate: Destro locks who stack crit over hit. ZOMG big crits = lotsa crit, amirite?

I was looking over WWS for last night's raid (first three bosses in BT). Two of our locks recently spec'd to destro, we had four destro locks total.

Recent Switcher #1 had a 11% miss on Supremus. I don't know how this was possible. He had a 6% miss the other bosses. And he kept whispering me about his *huge* crits (~6k).

Recent Switcher #2? Same deal.

GAH. *flabbergasted* IDIOTS.

This could just be a tendency for PvP-centric people trying out raiding and knowing (or caring to learn) the major differences in stat requirements needed to actually raid. Where +hit is king and not resilience or stacking stamina.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    We had a weird love square going on that's mostly faded thank god.

Married hunter starts flirting with unmarried (but with custody of kids from a previous marriage) Druid CL. It looks like she's going to leave her husband. But a new year's party rolls around, some alcohol flows and she sleeps with a different officer on our council.

The partisans for the Druid CL got all pissy because we didn't issue a wave of /gkicks and the council took a neutral stance on the subject. What people do outside of wow is their business. Unfortunately the Druid CL's people believe that he was the wounded party in this whole thing. And they will not drop the theory we should be the punishing hand of god.

Now personally, I believe everyone involved is an idiot. And I'm using a very broad brush that happens to include my GF as one of the Druid's defenders. And since we did nothing, clearly that must mean we have bias!

This is one of those stories that end with Thoma working up a righteous fury and going to town when I had enough. I hate people who defend hypocrisy and stupidity. I'm not going to weep for a man who's mistress cheats on him.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh god the idea that guild officers should get involved in personal business.

riz on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You should come up with a bunch of arbitrary rules like cloth using classes can only have personal relations with mail using classes and so on.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    If you cast Righteous Fury they'll just get even more uppity at you

Soviet Waffle on
This discussion has been closed.