As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Oh god the idea that guild officers should get involved in personal business.

Such a bad idea. So, so bad. My theory on this one is learn the lesson: "People who have affairs may cheat on you" and be glad you learned it before you caught a social disease, like herpes, or a love of Carrot Top.

Thomamelas on
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    A friend of mine got involved with a coworker. She was engaged at the time. He got drunk and left a stupid message on her answering machine. Her fiance heard it. I believe the term "fuck buddy" was used. Much drama. Fast forward a year, and those two are getting married. Hooray. Fast forward five more years, and oh, lookie, she cheated on him.

No pity.

LineNoiz on
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    zagi wrote: »
    Hate: Destro locks who stack crit over hit. ZOMG big crits = lotsa crit, amirite?

I was looking over WWS for last night's raid (first three bosses in BT). Two of our locks recently spec'd to destro, we had four destro locks total.

Recent Switcher #1 had a 11% miss on Supremus. I don't know how this was possible. He had a 6% miss the other bosses. And he kept whispering me about his *huge* crits (~6k).

Recent Switcher #2? Same deal.

GAH. *flabbergasted* IDIOTS.

This could just be a tendency for PvP-centric people trying out raiding and knowing (or caring to learn) the major differences in stat requirements needed to actually raid. Where +hit is king and not resilience or stacking stamina.

That is the case for RS #1. But he was hit capped when he was affliction & I have told him numerous times that in order to go destro, he's going to need 202 spell hit, so he'd better work on it now.

Then he went out & resocketed with Great Dawnstones. I know he's a complete moron overall, I tell him things & he doesn't listen. Or he does the opposite. Or claims he didn't know. Or he forgot. Like how he forgot to install a threatmeter for the last month.

RS #2 raided randomly the past few months. He goes when we need an extra person, but I know he did SSC a lot (back before I joined).

zagi on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm I don't think I've ever had relations with a mail-using class. Oops!

edit:
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    A friend of mine got involved with a coworker. She was engaged at the time. He got drunk and left a stupid message on her answering machine. Her fiance heard it. I believe the term "fuck buddy" was used. Much drama. Fast forward a year, and those two are getting married. Hooray. Fast forward five more years, and oh, lookie, she cheated on him.

No pity.

Eh it's all too easy to believe that things will be different THIS TIME because THIS IS LOVE or whatever the fuck.

riz on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »

No pity.

People who cheat can redeem themselves, but not if they are in the orignial relationship or the affair. Just won't happen.

Thomamelas on
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    We had a weird love square going on that's mostly faded thank god.

Married hunter starts flirting with unmarried (but with custody of kids from a previous marriage) Druid CL. It looks like she's going to leave her husband. But a new year's party rolls around, some alcohol flows and she sleeps with a different officer on our council.

The partisans for the Druid CL got all pissy because we didn't issue a wave of /gkicks and the council took a neutral stance on the subject. What people do outside of wow is their business. Unfortunately the Druid CL's people believe that he was the wounded party in this whole thing. And they will not drop the theory we should be the punishing hand of god.

Now personally, I believe everyone involved is an idiot. And I'm using a very broad brush that happens to include my GF as one of the Druid's defenders. And since we did nothing, clearly that must mean we have bias!

This is one of those stories that end with Thoma working up a righteous fury and going to town when I had enough. I hate people who defend hypocrisy and stupidity. I'm not going to weep for a man who's mistress cheats on him.

If the Druid has to be in constant contact with the Hunter, I would remove the hunter from the guild. They're a dime a dozen, anyway.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
    edited April 2008
    Beck wrote: »

Married hunter starts flirting with unmarried (but with custody of kids from a previous marriage) Druid CL. It looks like she's going to leave her husband. But a new year's party rolls around, some alcohol flows and she sleeps with a different officer on our council.

The partisans for the Druid CL got all pissy because we didn't issue a wave of /gkicks and the council took a neutral stance on the subject. What people do outside of wow is their business. Unfortunately the Druid CL's people believe that he was the wounded party in this whole thing. And they will not drop the theory we should be the punishing hand of god.

Now personally, I believe everyone involved is an idiot. And I'm using a very broad brush that happens to include my GF as one of the Druid's defenders. And since we did nothing, clearly that must mean we have bias!

This is one of those stories that end with Thoma working up a righteous fury and going to town when I had enough. I hate people who defend hypocrisy and stupidity. I'm not going to weep for a man who's mistress cheats on him.

If the Druid has to be in constant contact with the Hunter, I would remove the hunter from the guild. They're a dime a dozen, anyway.

Or I could expect three adults to act like civil adults in game. The option that doesn't require me to be a nosy busy body.

Thomamelas on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Or I could expect three adults to act like civil adults in game. The option that doesn't require me to be a nosy busy body.

Man, wouldn't that be nice? Instead you got shit loads of drama over something pretty damned retarded.

On the note of slutty players, does anyone else remember the story from awhile back of a guild member driving around the country sleeping with a bunch of her guildies?

Seg on
    edited April 2008

I'm not saying it's ideal, I could just see you avoiding some potential drama in the future by kicking the slut.

Beck on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seg wrote: »

Man, wouldn't that be nice? Instead you got shit loads of drama over something pretty damned retarded.

On the note of slutty players, does anyone else remember the story from awhile back of a guild member driving around the country sleeping with a bunch of her guildies?

I remember at least one such story, but slutty people online is kind of par for the course.

You're going to have to narrow it down a little...

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited April 2008
    Seg wrote: »

It's what I got eventually. But I refuse to be the guild morality police. I refuse to make those decisions based on who is expendable. I'd rather recruit for both positions then either individually. If you're going to make a decision that cold then have the damn stones to cut out the cancer completely.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2008

I'm not saying it's ideal, I could just see you avoiding some potential drama in the future by kicking the slut.

You kinda missed the point of my whole rant, didn't you. Go back and read it.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2008

My bad, I read that as "Have enough", I thought we were pre-rage.

Beck on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thus, I'm perfectly content with not knowing anyone in the game offline. I join guilds purely for the consistent-raiding-group aspect, not the socializing (whether online or offline) part.

SabreMau on
    edited April 2008

My bad, I read that as "Have enough", I thought we were pre-rage.

I'm never pre-rage.

Thomamelas on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man I wish I had some GTA4 to play.

so how about that GTA4 i got yesterday

man its good

Dhalphir on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Finished my first heroic! 3 badges and a Primal Nether!
    Run got off to a rocky start because the pally tank would not let the 2 of us rogues sap, and the 2 casters per group in SV just raped us. After we started sapping we flew through the rest of the instance.

those pulls are not difficult

what the tank needs to do is have everyone stand inside the big tunnel place thing that leads to the second and last boss. Then, go out and get the first 2x Siren pack, then the elemental pack, then the second 2x siren pack, and LoS them all back to the tunnel. No one opens DPS until all the mobs are inside the tunnel and on the Consecrate.

Dhalphir on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Run got off to a rocky start because the pally tank would not let the 2 of us rogues sap, and the 2 casters per group in SV just raped us. After we started sapping we flew through the rest of the instance.

what the tank needs to do is have everyone stand inside the big tunnel place thing that leads to the second and last boss. Then, go out and get the first 2x Siren pack, then the elemental pack, then the second 2x siren pack, and LoS them all back to the tunnel. No one opens DPS until all the mobs are inside the tunnel and on the Consecrate.

Alternatively, if you have a group that has a ranged class (prefably a caster with nice crits) that can put out good DPS, isn't made of paper, and knows how to keep himself alive (the caster's bolts don't hit that hard), when the tank pulls you could have him just aggro the Siren on his own. At the very least when I do this the Siren either dies before the tank's done with the skull target, or they finish with their main target and kill the rest. Either way, it's damage that isn't going to the tank.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I recall being able to draintank the HSV casters without too much trouble. Curse of Tongues helps a lot.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: another Orb of Deception sold for 900 g.
    Hope: my DM arena boss farming luck holds out.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Yeah I knew that, and the rest of the group knew that, but the pally just wouldn't listen until we wiped like 3 times. He'd mark them, captain america the X, run away for a bit until the casters started casting on him, then run back to the casters:|. He seemed like a good tank other than that little hurdle, and like I said the rest of the instance went smooth after we beat CC into his head.

Fatty-McPhat on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Blah: The Jazz went to a road game and fell over. Ah well, two more tries to go.

Making Up For That: Went to Magister's Terrace on heroic for the first time. Brought my tank in for the sole purpose of swapping it out at Princess Delrissa in order to get Shard of Contempt. We one-shot every boss and Shard of Contempt drops on my very first attempt. Thought it would take a while, but apparently not.

The Advantages of Time Zones: Going out to see Iron Man in theaters now.

SabreMau on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: The best quest for shattered sun is the one where you free the murlocs.

No matter what is going on, watching a handful of murlocs kamikaze into one of the nearby naga cracks me up.

Bonus points if the next group of murlocs goes for the same naga.

Nobody on
    edited April 2008
    Annoyance:

Guilds behaving badly.

So one of the Illidan farming guilds is playing hardcore with recruitment. Okay, fine. It happens and if they get someone from us who doesn't want to be here, then it works out best for everyone. What wasn't cool is they went to a lower tier guild and got all of their shamans on Vent and promised them the moon. It didn't work, but understandably the lower tier guild leader is pissed.

The shame of it is that the lower tier guild is a group of pretty awesome people who we have moderately friendly relationship with. http://rcc.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=68277&TabID=591497

Thomamelas on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ah man. It's good to be back 8-)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
    edited April 2008
    Poster above this one might be straight....

Thomamelas on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    nah

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am just tired of going to Underbog for the disapointment of not seeing the Pauldrons of Brute Force drop. I have seen the Shamblehide Chestguard drop 11 times in a row
    I know my warrior has almost no chance to raid and I really don't want to go to the arena/pvp for gear but still this is just frustrating

Brainleech on
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    (LOTRO)
    The good: After a long day of questing and farming deeds in the Shire, I finally hit level 22...
    The adrenaline-rush: Soloing orange mob 4 levels above me :D
    The awesome: New traits to go with the deeds I farmed! More might! More vitality! Ungh ungh ungh!
    The not-so-good: I officially hate the Shire and the hobbits that live there (and the wolves, and the flies, and the spiders....) with a fiery passion.
    Looking forward to: Smiting stuff with new offensive songs. I so love killing things with music.

sidhaethe on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    (LOTRO)
    Looking forward to: Smiting stuff with new offensive songs. I so love killing things with music.

I tired out the Minstrel during my 10 day trial and had no idea what I was doing. So I logged off in shame and continued to play my Champion

I picked up the game itself the other day and it still sits in it's box while I debate about playing it again

Brainleech on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Got my last 3 badges for my Right Fist of Brutality, and got 'goose on it, so now I have both badge fist weapons, both with mongoose.

Hate: I have a hard time not taking aggro from most of the guild tanks already, now it's going to be harder :( WTB more paladins.

Bigity on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    (LOTRO)

I tired out the Minstrel during my 10 day trial and had no idea what I was doing. So I logged off in shame and continued to play my Champion

I picked up the game itself the other day and it still sits in it's box while I debate about playing it again

If it gives you 30 days of play with the cost of the Box you may as well play them. Decide about continuing while actively playing the game.

Seg on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: Had some good drops on Heroic Ramps last night (was my first heroic, and also the daily).

Hoping: We can quickly finish gearing my friend's tank and really dive in to heroics/kara.

Hating: Getting BBQ'd by Nazan and hearing the tank say "Oh, the dragon landed?"

Bitching: More like Effluent Chrysoprase.

Bama on
    edited April 2008
    Happy: I specced fire destro last night and it was fun. My place on WWS was about the same as usual (top 3 unless something weird happened), and I'm sure I was fucking up the rotation fairly often, being unused to actually having to count casts in my head and time lifetaps, etc., so it should get a bit better. I sucked on the Hyjal trash meters but due to some personal issues I was AFK for a third of it anyway. Should be more fun to see how it goes in BT tonight.

Not happy: Again with the people I am fond of quitting the game or the guild. Last night was our hippie resto druid's last raid with us and it made me cry. Our best mage who I also was pretty close with announced he was quitting and didn't even give us time to replace him. Our best shadow priest who I used to be REALLY close with mentioned that he wants to quit but is hanging around until we can replace him because he cares about us. Sigh.

riz on
    edited April 2008
    Happy: I specced fire destro last night and it was fun. My place on WWS was about the same as usual (top 3 unless something weird happened), and I'm sure I was fucking up the rotation fairly often, being unused to actually having to count casts in my head and time lifetaps, etc., so it should get a bit better. I sucked on the Hyjal trash meters but due to some personal issues I was AFK for a third of it anyway. Should be more fun to see how it goes in BT tonight.

Not happy: Again with the people I am fond of quitting the game or the guild. Last night was our hippie resto druid's last raid with us and it made me cry. Our best mage who I also was pretty close with announced he was quitting and didn't even give us time to replace him. Our best shadow priest who I used to be REALLY close with mentioned that he wants to quit but is hanging around until we can replace him because he cares about us. Sigh.

Ouch, how many people are you guys down now?

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2008
    Umm we usually keep our numbers pretty low, but in the past few weeks we lost a mage, two resto druids, a warlock, and all three shadow priests have really terrible attendance. We picked up a resto and enhancement shaman and two holy paladins though.

riz on
    edited April 2008
    Umm we usually keep our numbers pretty low, but in the past few weeks we lost a mage, two resto druids, a warlock, and all three shadow priests have really terrible attendance. We picked up a resto and enhancement shaman and two holy paladins though.

Meh, not too bad then.

Thomamelas on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ecstatic: Tanked up to Curator on my horrifically geared paladin.

God that was fun. Also at 55% avoidance before holy shield. Now I just need to actually find a goddamn group for any level 70 instance.

EDIT: Hate: People who don't realise there is an attune for Black Morass. I had five different DPS and two healers who couldn't walk in the door. The worse part was the inevitable "wtf y cnt i gte inn?/?".

Oats on
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nobody wrote: »
    Happy: The best quest for shattered sun is the one where you free the murlocs.

No matter what is going on, watching a handful of murlocs kamikaze into one of the nearby naga cracks me up.

Bonus points if the next group of murlocs goes for the same naga.
    I hate that quest. Those murlocs are pick-pocketable when they are slaves, and ideal targets being level 60 and neutral. Big money there. But once they get freed, their pockets disappear and you can't pickpocket them. I used to make around 20-50g for one run down the beach. Now I'm lucky to get 10-15.

Also, the fact that their pockets disappear (and the fact that when you kill them they drop like 0-5c) tells me that them being pick-pocketable in the first place is obviously a bug. A bug that gets me tons of money and gems...

LineNoiz on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    EDIT: Hate: People who don't realise there is an attune for Black Morass. I had five different DPS and two healers who couldn't walk in the door. The worse part was the inevitable "wtf y cnt i gte inn?/?".

It's been nearly a year and a half since release. They should just follow the same path they've taken with raid instances and drop any and all attunement requirements for everything in TBC and even pre-TBC.

Or make it a gate of some sort like with Karazhan, so if one person can get in, everyone can.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
This discussion has been closed.