As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• logothesialogothesia Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: My Burglar finished Tombs of Elindil with a good group and during the turn in Aragorn said, "Walk with me while the shards are Narsil are reforged." We went into a private instance and there was Gandalf and Frodo, Arwen and Elrond. I got to watch Eldrond hand Anduril to Aragorn, who raised it over his head and announced: Anduril, the Light of the West. Best moment in a video game ever.

Of course Bilbo showed up late and everyone teased him.

logothesia on
    RootworkSummerCampaignBadge.png
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Happy: The best quest for shattered sun is the one where you free the murlocs.

No matter what is going on, watching a handful of murlocs kamikaze into one of the nearby naga cracks me up.

Bonus points if the next group of murlocs goes for the same naga.
    I hate that quest. Those murlocs are pick-pocketable when they are slaves, and ideal targets being level 60 and neutral. Big money there. But once they get freed, their pockets disappear and you can't pickpocket them. I used to make around 20-50g for one run down the beach. Now I'm lucky to get 10-15.

Also, the fact that their pockets disappear (and the fact that when you kill them they drop like 0-5c) tells me that them being pick-pocketable in the first place is obviously a bug. A bug that gets me tons of money and gems...

I reeeeally wish I had known about this...

Wavechaser on
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate that some of the alchemy transmutes are discoverable only. I would've preferred a rep grind with *insert faction here* vs. waiting for random xmute to be discovered at random time. I have almost all the discoverable xmutes/flasks except for three - two flasks & one xmute (water to shadow).

I transmute almost every day, & my last discovery was well over two months ago. I remember the time between my last two discoveries wasn't nearly as long as this one. GRRR. Discover it already!

zagi on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I got water -> shadow last night. I know that makes you feel better.

shadowane on
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've been really annoyed with how few elixirs procs I get nowadays. It's not unusual for me to make 40 of any high level elixir for a guildmate, and get at best 2-4 extra when I used to get 8-10 if not more. I recall hearing something about there being a change to how often procs occur, as in you'll get stretches of none and then streaks of a lot. Howevever, I've yet to see a streak or anything for than a x2 (and one x5) in the few hundred elixirs I've made in the last month.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anecdotally, my warlock is a potion master, and I usually get roughly 10-40% extra, with the vast majority of the procs being x2, a few x3's, and x4/x5 so rare I can probably count each on one hand.

Of course, due to the new way stacking is reported in the combat log, it often doesn't look like you get procs (or big procs) when you do.

Example: you have a stack of 4 Ironshield potions in your inventory, and proc a x2, it will still show up as

You create Ironshield Potion x1
    You create Ironshield Potion x1

Now, while creating a ton of these, you can easily miss them. I've had a x4 reported as "You create x1, You create x3", etc. You just need to know what to look for.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    logothesia wrote: »
    Happy: My Burglar finished Tombs of Elindil with a good group and during the turn in Aragorn said, "Walk with me while the shards are Narsil are reforged." We went into a private instance and there was Gandalf and Frodo, Arwen and Elrond. I got to watch Eldrond hand Anduril to Aragorn, who raised it over his head and announced: Anduril, the Light of the West. Best moment in a video game ever.

Of course Bilbo showed up late and everyone teased him.

Man, just reading that gave me chills. :D:D

sidhaethe on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've heard discoveries suck so much because they don't take old discoveries off the table. So, when a discovery procs, you might just relearn (aka nothing happens) an old recipe.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    shadowane wrote: »

My first xmute ever, which was a month ago, gave me the earth --> life discovery.

I am ... a happy boy.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
    edited April 2008
    I have that one too. I tend to just to earth -> water -> air though.

Happy: I think a friend of mine will finally get to see the raid content that he deserves to see.

shadowane on
    edited April 2008

My first xmute ever, which was a month ago, gave me the earth --> life discovery.

I am ... a happy boy.

The earth to life discovery went like this: "YAY!...GODDAMN IT!!" And I'm an herbalist too, watch the lifes come pouring out of my ears.

zagi on
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Happy: I think a friend of mine will finally get to see the raid content that he deserves to see.

Hehe, he told you? Patience pays off :)

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
    edited April 2008

Hehe, he told you? Patience pays off :)

He told me right away. We then spent the next 30 minutes figuring out where he'd get a mainhand from. =)

shadowane on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That said, Primal Life is worth like 20 gold on my server, and Earth are around 4-5 gold tops.

So while it's not a particularly great transmute, if they hold about on par with water or air, it can be another way to make a 'free' 15 gold per day or so by just transmuting whichever one is in lowest supply or highest demand.

Personally I do earth to water or water to air most days. Between boot and leg enchants, I can essentially never have too much primal air, and water are good for most of the healing enchants, which I spent a ton of materials on my alts for here and there. Need 8 or so water to enchant my Shaman's spiffy new healing mace at some point, but I'm rebuilding my primal might supply for the day that we actually see the sunwell LW'd chest drop.

Hate: doing Kalecgos for an entire night because the healers keep letting the tanks die, or the tanks let the tanks die, or dps is a little low, or whatever the fuck it was. Basically it sucked, and tonight we go back for more.

Hope: We knock the first three off and duck into BT this week. As much as I want to progress, I hate the eredar twins with a fiery passion. We have new people. They need upgrades. (and I need a new mainhand)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited April 2008
    Yeah I do earth -> water -> air because I'm going to blow a bunch of air on the belt of natural power and want to rebuild my stock. Earth is like 4g, water is 25g and air is like 40g.

shadowane on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hate: Lack of tanks on Blackrock. It's pretty much impossible to get a PuG tank during raiding hours on Tuesday nights. Or almost any other night.

Solution: Now that I have enough cash to burn some of it on an alt, I'm going to level up a Prot Paladin.

On the upside, I actually like tanking, so I generally have a good idea of what is expected of me and how to do my job. Half of my current roster of 70s are tank specced characters (feral druid, prot warrior, so I just need the Paladin to complete the cycle). On the downside, me rolling a paladin is playing with fire. Without exception, every time I try to level up a Paladin, I not only drop the character before level 40, I end up leaving the server shortly afterwards (see: my attempts at rolling Paladins on Dark Iron, Greymane, Khaz'goroth).

Frustrating: After farming up 100 copper bars and 65 rough stone to seed my blacksmithing, 2 RFC runs' worth of greens to seed my enchanting (and give myself some starter gear), and also sending over 16 slot bags, a Black Malice bought for about half price on the AH, and some gold to waste on whatever else I didn't think of providing, Blackrock goes into the shitter and is more or less unplayable.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    I want the water to shadow xmute, because I don't like farming for shadows, which I'll need for the SR gear.

If I ever get it, then I can do earth to water to shadow. Shadow is the only primal that I need to farm for, because everything else I can xmute once or twice, plus the miner alt.

I think earths are 4g, lifes are 30g, airs 45g.

zagi on
  • CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hahaha.... not really >.<

Frostwolf is on the list of unplayable shit realms too. I logged on, ported to Sunwell Isle, and -I shit you not- It took 15 minutes for the npcs, mobs and mailboxes and whatnot to load.

GG blizz.

Cimmerii on
    *Internally Screaming*
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    zagi wrote: »
    I want the water to shadow xmute, because I don't like farming for shadows, which I'll need for the SR gear.

If I ever get it, then I can do earth to water to shadow. Shadow is the only primal that I need to farm for, because everything else I can xmute once or twice, plus the miner alt.

I think earths are 4g, lifes are 30g, airs 45g.

Shadows are really, really easy to get. Ignore Nagrand and go to Void Ridge in Hellfire Pen. Not only are the mobs level 62-63, but there are a fuckton of them that drop motes rather frequently. I've farmed 12 primals in 2, maybe 3 hours.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • CidonaBoyCidonaBoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah I do earth -> water -> air because I'm going to blow a bunch of air on the belt of natural power and want to rebuild my stock. Earth is like 4g, water is 25g and air is like 40g.

Doing it the way you do now, every 2 days you are making 1 earth -> air.
    Why not just do 2 earth -> water, sell the waters and buy an air? If you plan to get all your primal airs from just your transmutes, then by the time you have enough for the belt you would have an extra 100g.

CidonaBoy on
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Guild Wars:

Happy: Checked GWW last weekend for the latest updates, and noticed that they added an end-zone to the original Prophecies campaign for the 3rd anniversary. This area, accessed once you complete the last mission, essentially gives you a free Green (equivalent to an epic) weapon of your choice. Granted they aren't the absolute best, but for my ranger, they fucking rock.

Happier: Did Hell's Precipe (the last and one of the hardest Prohpecies missions) on the first attempt with a bitching PuG and managed to capture the elite ranger skill!

Unhappy: Didn't complete the bonus though, guy died :|

WoW:

Happy: Horde Rogue up to level 43 in Dustwallow. Levelling definately speeding up.
    Unhappy: Don't like the cock.

Happy: Dreanei Paladin up to lvl 52, leveling holding steady.
    Happier: JC'ing up to 305, now waiting till i get to Outland proper before taking it further.

Euphoriac on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Re: Tank Shortage

there's no tank shortage, really

there's just a lack of tanks willign to spend 20g on a single heroic for repair bills because your average PuG is terrible. why spend 20g on a single heroic, when I'd spend less than that in a guild Karazhan?

Dhalphir on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hate: Either my ISP is taking a dump or WoW hates my network or whatever. I have terrible lag spikes when doing anything internet related. Which makes it impossible to do anything. I tried to heal BM last night and we kept wiping on the 2nd boss. I understand that it's not entirely my fault, the tank sorta sucked, so there is some relief.

Hope: I downloaded the free trial for EVE Online, gave it a go.

Hate: EVE Online

Hate Forever: Night classes. I hate sitting here for 3 hours :(

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited May 2008
    CidonaBoy wrote: »

Doing it the way you do now, every 2 days you are making 1 earth -> air.
    Why not just do 2 earth -> water, sell the waters and buy an air? If you plan to get all your primal airs from just your transmutes, then by the time you have enough for the belt you would have an extra 100g.

True although I'm transmute spec so the air is an extra chance to proc that. However, I thought about doing the selling water thing instead since it is better. I just hate the AH. =)

shadowane on
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Of course, due to the new way stacking is reported in the combat log, it often doesn't look like you get procs (or big procs) when you do.

I wish it was that since I keep my bag open at the same time to keep an eye on things in case that does happen. In my case, I just hardly ever proc extras.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    When something has a weird proc where making 4 appears as x1 and x3 I think that has to do with you filling up a stack and starting another. I've always seen it be the correct number for the proc when doing elixirs but when doing potions I see that split.

Opty on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Super Duper Ultra Happy: Yesterday, I got my lock to level 70. And today, I got my hunter to 70 as well. Joy. Still a few things left to do on them (like get my lock's Ritual of Doom or level my hunter's pets).

Angry: Found a mod (thanks to someone's off-hand mention of it here) that plays boss quotes, only to find that it doesn't work. I wanna hear all the cool quotes I missed, and play my faves ("STAY AWAY FROM TRINKETS!").

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My warrior dinged to 69 as the black stalker died and dropped the shoulders I desperately wanted dropped as well
    I feel more ashamed that I have worn the valor belt since level 53 and have not found a replacement

I find it funny more than one person will look at him dancing if he wears the Red dinner dress instead of the wedding dress

Brainleech on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hate: The sheer ignorance that is still pervading the enhancement shaman world. I have linked EJ articles for my guild, and they are ignored. I see the other enhance shaman (who never plays and I outdps by about 300 points) sporting a dagger with +20 str on both of his weapons. I try to tell him Crusader is better and cheaper, and he won't listen.

Other morons jump in on the wrong side, saying Crusader is crap for 70 and for enhance in general. Or that I need more hit, or more mail (with int on it). Yet I outdps almost everyone in the guild, including people with better gear levels overall. And I still have people trying to argue with me about this stuff.

Really, really aggravating. Oh well, at least the people I run Kara with know that I know what I'm talking about.

Bigity on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    Hate: The sheer ignorance that is still pervading the enhancement shaman world. I have linked EJ articles for my guild, and they are ignored. I see the other enhance shaman (who never plays and I outdps by about 300 points) sporting a dagger with +20 str on both of his weapons. I try to tell him Crusader is better and cheaper, and he won't listen.

Other morons jump in on the wrong side, saying Crusader is crap for 70 and for enhance in general. Or that I need more hit, or more mail (with int on it). Yet I outdps almost everyone in the guild, including people with better gear levels overall. And I still have people trying to argue with me about this stuff.

Really, really aggravating. Oh well, at least the people I run Kara with know that I know what I'm talking about.

+20 Strength and Crusader are both the wrong choices.

Executioner/Mongoose. But I understand that you probably don't have weapons worth quite that much yet.

And if anyone ever says that you need more +hit as an enhancement shaman ever again slap them in the penis.

Transporter on
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I hate new fights. I think my guild might be retarded.

Hydross beat us up for a bit last night. First wipe on first transition when the nature tank forgot to put on his resist gear. Second wipe before first transition when frost tank got hit for 20K at 250% (apparently only has 200 frost resist). Third wipe after first transition caused by a fireball totem. Fourth wipe caused by OTs (all of them) forgetting to pick up their adds.

Then we went to pick on Magtheridon (normally a 1-shot) to regain some of our self-esteem. But instead we wiped on him 3 times (the MT kept disconnecting). We got him on the 4th try, though.

Then a bunch of people left and some decided to go finish off their ZA. 7 of the original 10 were around, so they needed 3 more (2 DPS and a healer). I sat there with my hand raised, and they instead picked two dumb hunters who average 200 DPS less than me because they are part of the Good Ol' Boys network. I sat it out... They went and wiped 5 more times, never got the kill, and that makes me feel better.

LineNoiz on
    edited May 2008

Executioner/Mongoose. But I understand that you probably don't have weapons worth quite that much yet.

And if anyone ever says that you need more +hit as an enhancement shaman ever again slap them in the penis.

Yes, Crusader for the cheaper enchant until you get something worthy of Mongoose. I have both of the badge fist weapons with dual mongoose. Executioner really isn't good until I can stack other armorpen gear.

Bigity on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    Hydross beat us up for a bit last night. First wipe on first transition when the nature tank forgot to put on his resist gear. Second wipe before first transition when frost tank got hit for 20K at 250% (apparently only has 200 frost resist). Third wipe after first transition caused by a fireball totem. Fourth wipe caused by OTs (all of them) forgetting to pick up their adds.

Yea, I don't really think you want to go past 4 stacks (100%). You may end up with a few more adds, but you get far less tank damage than what the 250% debuff is going to hit for.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    we call for DPS to slow down at 4, and stop DPS 5 seconds before mark 5, then transition.

goes flawlessly everytime

Dhalphir on
    edited May 2008
    Yea, we tend to stop all DoTs at 3, stop all DPS at 4 and then transition when the tank wants to bring him over, just in case we have trigger-finger DPS.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited May 2008

Yes, Crusader for the cheaper enchant until you get something worthy of Mongoose. I have both of the badge fist weapons with dual mongoose. Executioner really isn't good until I can stack other armorpen gear.

You get Executioner because when it procs it just refreshes the debuff.

Dual mongoose procs are no longer as awesome as they used to be.

Transporter on
    edited May 2008
    Hm, it was my understanding that Exec wasn't really better than dual mongoose until higher T5 or T6 levels of gearing.

Bigity on
    edited May 2008

You get Executioner because when it procs it just refreshes the debuff.

Dual mongoose procs are no longer as awesome as they used to be.

they changed?

Dhalphir on
    edited May 2008
    If both mongoose procs go off, to my understanding, it is worse because even if they borh proc at the same time, it's a DPS decrease since it means there will be a time when it is not up. Executioner is a flat increase since it's pretty much up all the goddamn time. Added with a Mongoose proc here and there and you are doing pretty damn decent DPS.

But again. You only want to use Executioner on a BS Mainhand or equivilent because FUCK that enchant and mongoose.

Also Bigity are you excited about the BS onhander changes? I'm excited.

Transporter on
    edited May 2008
    Meh, maybe if I were already a blacksmith. Herb/alchy and I make alot of pots for the guild and such, and hopefully there will be some nice stuff in the expansion. We'll see I guess.

Bigity on
This discussion has been closed.