As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Technically you don't need hunters for most fights. Don't see me complaining
    I see you complaining about complaining. Meta complainer.

LineNoiz on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    The excess dps rogues put out (especially in a group designed for 2-3) are exactly what that tradeoff is, however. If the gap were any bigger, rogues would become a necessity for raids, and as big as Blizzard is on raid stacking, I doubt we'll see THAT day anytime soon.

This was kind of my original point. We are not a necessity for raids, while ranged IS a necessity for many encounters.

I'd say that very few fights 'require' ranged either. ALL fights require dps. Stacking too heavily for melee can be disadventagious, agreed, however lacking just a bare dps war/feral druid/enhancement shaman/rogue/rogue group can hinder progress as well, and that's 5 dps out of ~15. I wouldn't call 1/3 of your dps being melee (if only two are actual rogues) an insignificant amount.

Felmyst outright 'requires ranged dps', Al'ar could be done with melee dps following along up top (it would just take longer), and most other fights are a mix.

For all the bitching done, I'd say Blizzard has achieved a measure of balance where all classes are useful and have a measure of parity for damage dealt; assuming equal gear and skill, hunters, warlocks and mages all have a similar theoretical top end. Warriors are up there with them, and rogues have a healthy lead (mostly through warglaives, admittedly).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Annoyed: So we did most of BT last night (only council and illidan left) and they want to try out a spectacular gorefiend. So i get to tank!

They stack the groups appropriately for all dps annnnd im stuck with two prot warriors and 2 druids?

Before the pull...

"Tom, after *hunter* MD's toss him salv"
    "Tom, after the pull judge wisdom on him"

So i get my MD, judge wisdom, toss the hunter salv and get started on my rotati...

"OK EVERYONE HIT BLOODLUST"

"..."

It went alright i guess, most people except the terribad mage apps and the prot warrior (who out damaged the mages) did around 1700-2k dps.

lewl?:
    One of the protection warriors was jealous when i grabbed a bunch of trash mobs, was asked to tank najentus, gorefiend, blood boil (main), RoS p3 over him and way over tps'd him on supremus. So he gets annoyed and starts saying retarded things in tank chat.

"Enjoy it before you respec holy for SWP"
    "Are they handing out licenses for being stupid?"

pfft, the only reason i respec is that unlike him, i collected appropriate off spec gear in the event that we were short on healing to help out the guild. Asshole, just because your threat sucked and couldnt keep up on BB. And sucked ass through the rest of the instance doesnt matter to me. We wiped for an hour and a half on Illidan before replacing you with our MT last week, and i hope to god we dont waste time again this week.

bitch.

Thomase1984 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Annoyed: So we did most of BT last night (only council and illidan left) and they want to try out a spectacular gorefiend. So i get to tank!

They stack the groups appropriately for all dps annnnd im stuck with two prot warriors and 2 druids?

Before the pull...

"Tom, after *hunter* MD's toss him salv"
    "Tom, after the pull judge wisdom on him"

So i get my MD, judge wisdom, toss the hunter salv and get started on my rotati...

"OK EVERYONE HIT BLOODLUST"

"..."

It went alright i guess, most people except the terribad mage apps and the prot warrior (who out damaged the mages) did around 1700-2k dps.

lewl?:
    One of the protection warriors was jealous when i grabbed a bunch of trash mobs, was asked to tank najentus, gorefiend, blood boil (main), RoS p3 over him and way over tps'd him on supremus. So he gets annoyed and starts saying retarded things in tank chat.

"Enjoy it before you respec holy for SWP"
    "Are they handing out licenses for being stupid?"

pfft, the only reason i respec is that unlike him, i collected appropriate off spec gear in the event that we were short on healing to help out the guild. Asshole, just because your threat sucked and couldnt keep up on BB. And sucked ass through the rest of the instance doesnt matter to me. We wiped for an hour and a half on Illidan before replacing you with our MT last week, and i hope to god we dont waste time again this week.

bitch.

That fight is awesome for us as a place to shine. It's kinda sweet when the shadow priests comment about being able to go all out for once.

Thomamelas on
  • Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It would have been higher ;( our ret paladin was the first to get marked on gorefiend, and didnt bother mentioning it in raid... so i spent most of the fight without joc.

plus he failed at constructs ;x

Thomase1984 on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Warm fuzzies: Children's Week. Taking the kid around as he fawns all over how awesome you are. "You're the best, Jyodi!" :3 D'awwww!

Warm fuzzies2: Getting enough ice cream for me, the kid, Cairne, and his guards...then eating it with them :D

The Muffin Man on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: archimonde down for the third time within 20 attempts. Our time-to-kill is shrinking! :D

Sadness: no goddamn T6 hat again. I'm gonna be wearing this T4 hat forever. :(

Ledneh on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It would have been higher ;( our ret paladin was the first to get marked on gorefiend, and didnt bother mentioning it in raid... so i spent most of the fight without joc.

plus he failed at constructs ;x

I just threw mine up on him and went to town. I may have also used a couple of destro pots.:winky:

Thomamelas on
  • calcium fishcalcium fish Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    {drama deleted... still not an autoshot hunter :D}

calcium fish on
    edited May 2008
    Popcorn, get your nice hot popcorn!

Thomamelas on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ITT guild drama ensues.

Wavechaser on
    edited May 2008
    Annnnd, fuck.

LineNoiz on
  • DingusDingus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »
    Annnnd, fuck.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Dingus on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It wasn't really worth deleting, you should call people out if they're bitching about you and you disagree.

815165 on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Confusion: Wait, what?

pdluc5.jpg

If Armory is accurate, they have over 900 spelldamage. I'd expect even a PvP warlock spec could manage a bit more than 353 DPS with that kind of gear.

Achievement: Got 4 more badges off that run, and used those, plus the 57 others I had coming in, to pick up Angelista's Revenge. One more possible upgrade later (the 60-badge feral druid boots are apparently the best-in-slot I can get outside of Black Temple or Sunwell), and I'll be all done with Badge of Justice upgrade.

SabreMau on
    edited May 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Confusion: Wait, what?

pdluc5.jpg

If Armory is accurate, they have over 900 spelldamage. I'd expect even a PvP warlock spec could manage a bit more than 353 DPS with that kind of gear.

Achievement: Got 4 more badges off that run, and used those, plus the 57 others I had coming in, to pick up Angelista's Revenge. One more possible upgrade later (the 60-badge feral druid boots are apparently the best-in-slot I can get outside of Black Temple or Sunwell), and I'll be all done with Badge of Justice upgrade.

Line bitched about a ZA run including negitive comments about some of those people in the run. One of them replied (rather civilly) and the rest of us are those kids standing around chanting "Fight, Fight, Fight".

Thomamelas on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "why are youdrain lifeing?"

Wavechaser on
    edited May 2008
    Okay, so, for the record, I'm an asshole and Calcium Fish isn't an Auto Shotter.

LineNoiz on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Warm fuzzies: Children's Week. Taking the kid around as he fawns all over how awesome you are. "You're the best, Jyodi!" :3 D'awwww!

Warm fuzzies2: Getting enough ice cream for me, the kid, Cairne, and his guards...then eating it with them :D

Oh, children's week starts today? Sweet, thanks man.

*Yes, I know I'm a noob

Nerdgasmic on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wait, there's ice cream?

815165 on
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am thinking of dropping herb/alch for mining/BS on my Warrior, but I am kind of afraid to do so. What if they change it?!

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You could drop herbalism for Blacksmithing and support both with an alt if you have any high level alts?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    You could drop herbalism for Blacksmithing and support both with an alt if you have any high level alts?

My warrior is my high alt :P I have a Ench/Tailor Mage too. I dunno, I just feel like craftable gear on alts is such a huge boost when you don't have time to play it all the time.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited May 2008
    Thorough Disdain: Trade channels of both factions cluttered up with people wanting to buy and sell arena points. Noticed it for months, but am currently monitoring both Trade channels for the past hour or so looking for good Darkmoon card deals and arena points really aren't something that's supposed to be traded. It's something you're supposed to earn, not supposed to buy, now go out there and earn your goodies, why don't ya?

Hope: That some undocumented changes make it into 2.4.2 that make business-as-usual even more inconvenient for these people than it already will.

SabreMau on
  • DarkstrykeDarkstryke Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thorough Disdain: Trade channels of both factions cluttered up with people wanting to buy and sell arena points. Noticed it for months, but am currently monitoring both Trade channels for the past hour or so looking for good Darkmoon card deals and arena points really aren't something that's supposed to be traded. It's something you're supposed to earn, not supposed to buy, now go out there and earn your goodies, why don't ya?

Hope: That some undocumented changes make it into 2.4.2 that make business-as-usual even more inconvenient for these people than it already will.

I play on a couple different servers (Frostmourne alliance and Barthilas horde and jubei alliance) and only seemed to notice it on jubei. Kinda annoying really.

Darkstryke on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: I got Willy on my druid for the Children's Week thing.

Meh: I have 3 more lv 70s to do it on.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    happy: Orb sold for 902g, bringing me to 4.1 k (the most I've ever had in my char's WoW career)
    hope: one more Orb to go :D
    b!tchin': BC should've had more rare MoB spawns in its dungeons, like in Azeroth. Those things were fun.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: Bulwark of the Amani Empire is mine
    i feel kinda bad because I outrolled my good mate who was using the Sha'tar shield when I had the badge shield but we kill Jan'alai, Nightbane and Gruul every reset so its not like he's not going to see anymore.

edit: oh and 16k unbuffed woop

Dhalphir on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thinking about what was said earlier about looking for love or a cheap fuck via wow. I have known of people that did do this but I never thought of doing it myself.

Well my Warrior is now level 70 with doing all the childern's week quests {both sets} somehow it was still giving me experience points from all the quests.

So now I failed to have enough gold to buy his flying mount on him so I will have to lend some from my warlock {like I care it's just one lump sum anymore}

Brainleech on
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hate:

The shadow priest requirement. It used to be that spriests were just 'nice to haves'. Your mage gruop would benefit from one, and be able to go longer and harder. Stick one in with your healers, and watch the max rank spam fly. But it seems like every progressive fight in SWP is just another slap in the face of 'Why don't you have more shadow priests?'.

Kalecgos, enh, you can take 'em or leave 'em, but the extra mana and healing is nice. Brutallus? Quite useful there, keeps your healers and caster dps going, and helps heal a bunch on soak groups for meteor slash. Felmyst? Fucking necessity. The healing they generate meshes perfectly with the raid damage, and their mass dispels are required. Nevermind the goddamn mana regen.

Also fuck the Eredar twins. We have to be something wrong, because the raid damage is just not healable the way we tried it last monday. At all.'

More Hate:

Brutallus being tuned to hit so hard that even with 5 healers max rank heal spamming a tank, sometimes you just get unlucky, 3 or 4 healer's casts land at the same time, and your tank takes 30k damage in < 2 seconds. I mean, it's doable (obviously, as we and other guilds have done it), it's just bullshit. There's no reason he needs to hit that hard, that fast. Blizzard can eat my ass with a spoon.

Entriech on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

There's documented changes intended to stop it, by the way.

Opty on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: Epic flying on my mage!

Hate: Good god, I remember the netherwing relic quest sucked, but not this much (instead of landing and dismounting, they now stay in the air and shoot at you. What's worse is they'll steady shot and while they are casting it they evade back to full health).

Nobody on
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: I've never bothered to do the Netherwing Quests because the mount is ugly and it's easy enough to get gold from other, less annoying sources.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I never bothered with the relic quest for the netherwing it was throw the boot and collect mine cars for months

Brainleech on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Entriech wrote: »
    Hate:

The shadow priest requirement. It used to be that spriests were just 'nice to haves'. Your mage gruop would benefit from one, and be able to go longer and harder. Stick one in with your healers, and watch the max rank spam fly. But it seems like every progressive fight in SWP is just another slap in the face of 'Why don't you have more shadow priests?'.

Kalecgos, enh, you can take 'em or leave 'em, but the extra mana and healing is nice. Brutallus? Quite useful there, keeps your healers and caster dps going, and helps heal a bunch on soak groups for meteor slash. Felmyst? Fucking necessity. The healing they generate meshes perfectly with the raid damage, and their mass dispels are required. Nevermind the goddamn mana regen.

Also fuck the Eredar twins. We have to be something wrong, because the raid damage is just not healable the way we tried it last monday. At all.'

More Hate:

Brutallus being tuned to hit so hard that even with 5 healers max rank heal spamming a tank, sometimes you just get unlucky, 3 or 4 healer's casts land at the same time, and your tank takes 30k damage in < 2 seconds. I mean, it's doable (obviously, as we and other guilds have done it), it's just bullshit. There's no reason he needs to hit that hard, that fast. Blizzard can eat my ass with a spoon.

Hahaha we're fucked. Our three shadow priests' 30-day attendance:

Meliadoul 7 (41%)
    Rella 7 (41%)
    Alurra 5 (29%)

I'm really starting to wonder whether it's worth the trouble of raiding at my guild's level right now. All the people here who have been farming Illidan for longer than us and have made progress into Sunwell seem to absolutely hate it. We're stuck on Kalecgos because of attendance/recruitment problems plus some standard portal retardation when we do manage to get mages online. Brutallus will be worse. Felmyst will be even worse. Like why do we bother again? Learning Hyjal and BT was fun, like genuinely fun, we looked forward to knocking off a new boss or two every week or two. But Sunwell seems like Blizzard's last "haha fuck you PVE noobs" sometimes.

riz on
    edited May 2008
    Darkstryke wrote: »

I play on a couple different servers (Frostmourne alliance and Barthilas horde and jubei alliance) and only seemed to notice it on jubei. Kinda annoying really.

Jubei'Thos Horde-side's trade channel is even worse than Alliance-side's. Spam spam spam spam spam eggs and spam.
    Opty wrote: »
    There's documented changes intended to stop it, by the way.
    I know. But I want more beyond those. Feeling rather vindictive against "WTB arena rating! Do all my work for me!", as if arena gear wasn't already considered "welfare" epics.

SabreMau on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Everytime I see someone from Jubei'Thos in a battleground I wonder if it is one of your alts.

Seg on
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    riz wrote: »
    I'm really starting to wonder whether it's worth the trouble of raiding at my guild's level right now. All the people here who have been farming Illidan for longer than us and have made progress into Sunwell seem to absolutely hate it. We're stuck on Kalecgos because of attendance/recruitment problems plus some standard portal retardation when we do manage to get mages online. Brutallus will be worse. Felmyst will be even worse. Like why do we bother again? Learning Hyjal and BT was fun, like genuinely fun, we looked forward to knocking off a new boss or two every week or two. But Sunwell seems like Blizzard's last "haha fuck you PVE noobs" sometimes.
    I know exactly what you mean. Don't get me wrong, the guild I'm in has made decent progress. We've killed Felmyst. But everything in the sunwell feels as if its designed to punish you. And it really is. When you've got your top end guilds who will do anything they have to to break content, Blizzard ends up having to min/max their encounters in order to match them. Which is why everything's tuned so high. Why raid stacking is so necessary. FFS, the LW binge I've seen the top end guilds go on for drum rotations is ridiculous. Bet on that getting nerfed down quickly.

To me, BT/Hyjal felt like fights where the mechanics of the boss were the real challenge. There was always a numerical component, but you didn't need to squeeze out 99% efficiency on a fight to beat it. In SWP Blizzard just throws numbers at you. For example, I would love to see anyone manage to do Brutallus without the benefit of Omen. They've pared the margins down so slim it's ridiculous, but they had to to keep those top end guilds occupied.

There's also a real difference in difficulty curve between SWP and the other introduced instances. From SSC's Vashj you moved on to 3 significantly easier bosses in TK before Kael. Hard Kael led into easy Rage Winterchill and semi-easy Anetheron. The first BT bosses are also easier than their respective prior raid instance requirements. SWP throws that convention out the window, because Kalecgos is a hell of a step up from Illidan. It's left a lot of guilds who can finish Hyjal and BT in early in the week feeling like there's no place to go, either because the non-optimal raid comp they were using doesn't work, or they can't muster together the coordination the new fight requires.

Entriech on
    edited May 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Everytime I see someone from Jubei'Thos in a battleground I wonder if it is one of your alts.
    The last time I stepped into a battleground was 2.4 patch day, where I won a WSG and it was just enough to buy Vindicator's necklace. I've never been in a battleground since, on either faction.

SabreMau on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Our guild is about to break down and do the LW retardedness too. It's just to ridicilous the amount of stacking to do it without (Killing Brutallus with 4 shaman / 2 LW's / no glaives in the raid is not fun, i've seen so many enrages at 8-5%).

Actually Felmyst and Kalecg are really not that bad. They are control fights... you got to stay in control of the situation, and you win. Encap is still a bit harsh damage wise, but if it wasn't, we'd see more retardedness like the "3 CoH priests and heal through it" that's already out there, despite that obviously not being the concept. Gas Nova takes some getting used too (I do mass dispel there and the first night was basicly getting your timing straight, and getting used to having to target AoE in the first place, something I never did before), but after that gas nova is pie. Flying phase is retardedly easy, if it wasn't for the fact that there's some weird shit going on with disconnects and mindcontrols for 3 of our raiders (If even one person gets MC'd, those 3 people disconnect, and we have no idea why). We only need 15 seconds to kill the adds. The beam is sorta annoying, because it can be hard to see who it targets.

Kalecg we've one shot 3x in a row now. We got a pretty good portal rotation (4 groups with 2 healers and 3 dps, each group has a decurser, 3 tanks 1 extra healer and 1 extra DPS rotating in T+G, G, T+G, G, T+H, repeat). The final pieces of the puzzle were
    1) that if someone misses a portal, we just let the idiot die, so that he doesn't spawn a portal on some random spot of the map and makes people confused. A soulstone or combat res is easy.
    2) Let the image tank if you enter low on healers. We estimated that the image can tank in total for about 75-90s of the fight before it dies, a bit more if it's spread out (It heals itself).

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.