Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

1525355575863

Posts

  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    re: Netherwing relics

    I'm only doing this one and the poisoning the peons quest until I get to friendly, and then I'm going to drop those. Those two quests were terrible even without being bugged.

    Nobody on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    if it wasn't for the fact that there's some weird shit going on with disconnects and mindcontrols for 3 of our raiders (If even one person gets MC'd, those 3 people disconnect, and we have no idea why). We only need 15 seconds to kill the adds. The beam is sorta annoying, because it can be hard to see who it targets.
    For those people getting DCed, it's maybe in one of their mods. Something about a person's status changing to aggressive is causing an infinite loop or something else possibly. There was someone recently who was getting disconnected any time they ported to Isle of Quel'danas and they traced it to a loop being generated in their mods. Maybe have them compare mods and look for something in common?

    The beam pisses me off. It's a precision type thing, in that you need a good kite, and you need to stay out of it if you want to live, but there seems to be some lag issues between damage starting and beam appearing. And the odd occasion of 'lol, invisible beam'.

    Entriech on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We make a circle waiting for the beams to appear, and kite them in a loop outwards from the circle. There was some speculation that the beam always appears behind people, does anyone know if this is true (We actually oneshot felmyst last week, mostly by accident, so we didn't have much time to test this >.>)

    SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Entriech wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    if it wasn't for the fact that there's some weird shit going on with disconnects and mindcontrols for 3 of our raiders (If even one person gets MC'd, those 3 people disconnect, and we have no idea why). We only need 15 seconds to kill the adds. The beam is sorta annoying, because it can be hard to see who it targets.
    For those people getting DCed, it's maybe in one of their mods. Something about a person's status changing to aggressive is causing an infinite loop or something else possibly. There was someone recently who was getting disconnected any time they ported to Isle of Quel'danas and they traced it to a loop being generated in their mods. Maybe have them compare mods and look for something in common?

    The beam pisses me off. It's a precision type thing, in that you need a good kite, and you need to stay out of it if you want to live, but there seems to be some lag issues between damage starting and beam appearing. And the odd occasion of 'lol, invisible beam'.
    It wasn't a DC for me, my computer would completely lock up (when porting to/from QD & Shatt).

    It was Cartographer.

    LineNoiz on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I really, really hope rumours of mobs/bosses losing the horrific bonus/buff they've got are true. Yes, they hit like trucks, thank you, can we have another? Take some of the best geared tanks in the entire game and bend them over something sturdy? Oh, they can't crush, so surely these giant "fuck you" damage spikes are still intended, please may I have another?

    Yes, some of it can be people being retarded, some of it is easily fixed by raiders pulling their heads from out of their asses, but lame trash with shitty drop rates and bosses that just hit for "fuck you" amounts of damage (or smaller "fuck you" amounts of vast raid aoe damage) seems to be treading the line a little closely between "challenging" and "let's see if we can't drag any last bit of love the healers and tanks might have for this game out into the street and shoot it in the head?"

    So yay, Brutallus down again, great! Oooh, now Felmyst is being a pain in the ass. Hooray!

    I admit it, I'm rapidly becomming one of those "only logs in for raids" kinda guys, but some of the shine and drive is fading, and the veil of silence Blizzard's been projecting for months in regards to WLK isn't helping. You can only remain enthusiastic about killing the same 3 bosses over 3 or so nights and then getting violated by the 4th or earning the right to go fight the RNG in BT again for so long.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    I really, really hope rumours of mobs/bosses losing the horrific bonus/buff they've got are true. Yes, they hit like trucks, thank you, can we have another? Take some of the best geared tanks in the entire game and bend them over something sturdy? Oh, they can't crush, so surely these giant "fuck you" damage spikes are still intended, please may I have another?

    Yes, some of it can be people being retarded, some of it is easily fixed by raiders pulling their heads from out of their asses, but lame trash with shitty drop rates and bosses that just hit for "fuck you" amounts of damage (or smaller "fuck you" amounts of vast raid aoe damage) seems to be treading the line a little closely between "challenging" and "let's see if we can't drag any last bit of love the healers and tanks might have for this game out into the street and shoot it in the head?"

    So yay, Brutallus down again, great! Oooh, now Felmyst is being a pain in the ass. Hooray!

    I admit it, I'm rapidly becomming one of those "only logs in for raids" kinda guys, but some of the shine and drive is fading, and the veil of silence Blizzard's been projecting for months in regards to WLK isn't helping. You can only remain enthusiastic about killing the same 3 bosses over 3 or so nights and then getting violated by the 4th or earning the right to go fight the RNG in BT again for so long.

    With all due respect, this is exactly why I will never aim to be a bleeding edge raider. We're 5/9 BT and 4/5 MH with our first real Archimonde night (and I'm pretty sure he will die in the 4 hours we have allotted), and while we have a LOT of T6 farming ahead of us, I'm looking forward to it because at minimum it's 13 bosses, not 3. We'll probably get some Sunwell bosses down before WOTLK, but we're ahead enough of the curve (raiding only 2 nights a week) to be happy with progress and still have a ton of stuff to chomp on.

    I respect guilds that zipped through that same content quicker than the one I'm currently in, but I don't envy them for the reasons in Forar's post.

    Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I respect guilds that zipped through that same content quicker than the one I'm currently in, but I don't envy them for the reasons in Forar's post.

    No offense taken.

    Savour where you are. I was lucky enough to come into the guild I'm in after they'd already killed everything (but I cut my teeth on every single thing before it, so I don't feel I haven't paid my dues in regards to raiding), and I have to say that BT is probably my favourite instance in TBC, along with Karazhan. MH isn't too bad, but the trash wave mechanic can get old at times, even if it's no different than having 8 packs laid out in front of you and clearing to a boss, rather than them coming to you.

    Hopefully Sunwell get's beaten with the nerf stick by the time you're in it, and it will treat you well. I don't say this out of disrespect in return; I'm sure yours is a top notch crew. I'd just hate to see you having to beat your heads on some of this shit for nearly as long as we have. Even a 'killed' boss can be an utter dick at times, based on raid composition, or RNG bad luck, or just people being retards.

    Sure, those can all wreck your night in BT or MH too, but it seems compounded in Sunwell to the nth degree.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mmhm this is exactly what I was saying.

    riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We're right about to start Sunwell, we want to get a week or two of farming BT/MH in before we start, but I'm not looking forward to it.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't feel like doing dailies today, so time for further adventures in ED :

    -Levelled to 11 so far. Killing things as a level 11 priest really sucks. REALLY sucks. Shadowform needs to be like a first tier talent or something. Or at least something more directly useful than Spirit Tap or Blackout needs to be in that first slot. I guess I'm just used to having talents like Cruelty, Improved Corruption, and Improved Sinister Strike available to me right from the start.

    -ED's economy is deliciously over-inflated, I think I just sold a stack of copper bars for something like 4g. I don't get why people complain so much about high prices, because it's so much easier to start from scratch on inflated economies than deflated ones. I've only got a few hours of play in, and I'm already sporting 16 slot bags.

    -Some random guy just whispered me asking if I'm Ray (I'm not).

    Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Spirit tap is awesome, and I can only assume that with the recent spirit regen changes, it's even more awesome.

    You kill something, and gain a massive boost to spirit, and then without eating or drinking, that massive boost to spirit puts you back up to near full health and mana! (I may exagerate a little based on gear level and the number of opponents you're fighting, but I found it to be a very valuable talent for levelling my priest back in the day)

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Spirit tap is awesome, and I can only assume that with the recent spirit regen changes, it's even more awesome.

    You kill something, and gain a massive boost to spirit, and then without eating or drinking, that massive boost to spirit puts you back up to near full health and mana! (I may exagerate a little based on gear level and the number of opponents you're fighting, but I found it to be a very valuable talent for levelling my priest back in the day)

    I never said Spirit Tap wasn't useful, it's just not useful at level nothing when you hardly have anything in the way of stats to begin with. After some mobs, I'm still having to stop and drink even when it does proc.

    Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    <3: my raid. They started some el oh el attempts on Brutallus this week. Here is a general strategy diagram:

    BrutDiagram.jpg

    Here is our strategy diagram:
    BrutallusFixed.jpg

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That is the finest boss strat pic I have ever seen.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Update: Levelling up helps Spirit Tap immensely. Getting the third point into it at level 12 and having higher stats from levelling up made it much better than it was at 11. It's still no Cruelty or Imp SS, though.

    Also, somebody is a comedian. Since the last posting, many people have whispered me asking if I'm Ray, mostly from Shattered Oath. I know several people on these boards are in Shattered Oath, but I only know the name of Riz's Warlock, so I'm not sure who the instigator was.

    Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Our strat pics are the stuff of legends

    Felmyst
    felmyst2.gif

    Brut
    brutlolgr7mi6.gif
    Not the original one we had, but its so close it might as well be

    Twins
    twins2.jpg
    Not the strat we went with in the end, this image is just 1 of 9 >.>

    Junpei on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Here is our strategy diagram:
    BrutallusFixed.jpg

    ahaha :^:

    Well done.

    Wavechaser on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Charus wrote: »
    Update: Levelling up helps Spirit Tap immensely. Getting the third point into it at level 12 and having higher stats from levelling up made it much better than it was at 11. It's still no Cruelty or Imp SS, though.

    Also, somebody is a comedian. Since the last posting, many people have whispered me asking if I'm Ray, mostly from Shattered Oath. I know several people on these boards are in Shattered Oath, but I only know the name of Riz's Warlock, so I'm not sure who the instigator was.

    There's only two of us at the moment. (Also Soviet Waffle is naughty.)

    Oh and yeah when I rolled an alt on Forar's ancient server I made piles of gold before level 20 just by selling copper ore and low-level greens for 1g each to people's alts. Mature inflated economies FTW.

    riz on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I was using a level 50 of mine to buy Netherweave Cloth, turn it into Heavy Bandages and then sell that to a vendor for a slight profit. After doing that for a week, and after some other guy decided to put stacks of Netherweave in the AH for 500g each, the avg price of Netherweave is going up from somewhere below 3g for 20 up to around 5g for 20.

    I hope that people who are actually farming the Netherweave are making a profit from the folks who are speculating.

    Seg on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I laughed pretty hard at the "Kohrs: Shattrath" bit.

    Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    riz wrote: »
    (Also Soviet Waffle is naughty.)

    Is it paddling time?

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I officially dropped Alchemy for Mining, after converting all my mats into Pots/Elixirs/Flasks.

    Hope: Blizzard doesn't totally own me and revert the one-hander changes.

    TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fodder wrote: »
    I laughed pretty hard at the "Kohrs: Shattrath" bit.

    The "inside" joke in that shot is that Kohrs is our DPS warrior, and has been chasing Cataclysm's Edge since we started Archimonde attempts. One night, he disconnected as we were pulling and fell victim to that bug where Hyjal would sometimes hearth you if you d/c'ed and left the raid.

    So he had to listen on vent to what turned out to be our first kill (24 manned!), and lo, a Cat's Edge! It went to our Prot/Ret Paladin, who made the revised image.

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love my battlegroup. It's 4am and we've got instant battleground queues. Best battlegroup ever.

    reVerse on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Fodder wrote: »
    I laughed pretty hard at the "Kohrs: Shattrath" bit.

    The "inside" joke in that shot is that Kohrs is our DPS warrior, and has been chasing Cataclysm's Edge since we started Archimonde attempts. One night, he disconnected as we were pulling and fell victim to that bug where Hyjal would sometimes hearth you if you d/c'ed and left the raid.

    So he had to listen on vent to what turned out to be our first kill (24 manned!), and lo, a Cat's Edge! It went to our Prot/Ret Paladin, who made the revised image.
    Bug? I thought every instance hearthed you if you left the group?

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Fodder wrote: »
    I laughed pretty hard at the "Kohrs: Shattrath" bit.

    The "inside" joke in that shot is that Kohrs is our DPS warrior, and has been chasing Cataclysm's Edge since we started Archimonde attempts. One night, he disconnected as we were pulling and fell victim to that bug where Hyjal would sometimes hearth you if you d/c'ed and left the raid.

    So he had to listen on vent to what turned out to be our first kill (24 manned!), and lo, a Cat's Edge! It went to our Prot/Ret Paladin, who made the revised image.
    Bug? I thought every instance hearthed you if you left the group?

    Being in an instance, getting disconnected and coming back outside of the group is a bug.

    Getting hearthed out of a Raid instance also falls into "bug" territory. Unless they changed how raid instances work since I was last in one. (pre 2.0)

    Seg on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    heroics and raids do not hearth you if you drop group

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, alright then, my bad.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy as a kid can be: I dinged my 4th 70, a resto druid. Time to start raiding!

    Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Baiow lv69 "Lollifebroom" Druid

    Looks like someone needs to update their sig!

    Also, congrats!

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Baiow lv69 "Lollifebroom" Druid

    Looks like someone needs to update their sig!

    Also, congrats!

    Jeez mang, give a bro some times to adjust to 70.

    ^_^ thanks

    Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ha! You think YOU guys have awful raid diagrams? Check out THESE pieces of tact from our beginning Archimonde attempts!

    how do I doomfired (I am the bear)
    Fire513.jpg

    how do I cratereded
    Falling5e0.jpg

    an officer's summary of the first night (unless you're familiar with johnny.jpg you're gonna miss this one)
    worstever.jpg

    Ledneh on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SSC weekend! Yay!

    Happy: The fact I get to go to SSC again. That's about it.

    Hate: SPOUT PEOPLE! 3 tries for Hydross was bad enough, but I can tolerate it just because the cause of the wipes were the resist tank D/Cing, and not people being stupid. Lurker though? 5 attempts before repops and we have to call it. Why 5 attempts? People. Kept. Dying. To. Spouts. In fact, there was one priest that died to every spout, and then came back and tried to blame it on "I was dying before the spouts." ... THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE. We also had a second priest that died about 3-4 times. This wasn't to spout though this was to:

    Them: "No no, I didn't die to cleave. I died twice to arcing smash."
    Us: "...That's the cleave."
    Them: "...Oh."

    /sigh

    Sunday's continuation is going to result in us getting past Lurker. I hope.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: The amount of awesome gear my priest got walking into outlands at 58. That and the awesome experience. I went from 58 to 60 in about 4 hours (rested of course). After grabbing some bitchin greens and blues from quests I had 2 guildies run me through ramparts and bf for even more sexy gear. I went from 4k mana to 6k with a crapton of stam and spirit to0. I actually didn't get much spell dmg though. Oh and leveling smite spec isn't as hard as some people say. Sure lack of spirit tap hurts but I don't have to drink that much and I can heal instances in a pinch, Durray...

    double happy: I reformatted my comp and man it did wonders for wow, I can up my graphic settings to near max and barely have an fps drop, it's beautiful.

    Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    BlueBaronBlueBaron regular
    edited May 2008
    smite spec sucked more before the changes to spirit and int.

    BlueBaron on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Fodder wrote: »
    I laughed pretty hard at the "Kohrs: Shattrath" bit.

    The "inside" joke in that shot is that Kohrs is our DPS warrior, and has been chasing Cataclysm's Edge since we started Archimonde attempts. One night, he disconnected as we were pulling and fell victim to that bug where Hyjal would sometimes hearth you if you d/c'ed and left the raid.

    So he had to listen on vent to what turned out to be our first kill (24 manned!), and lo, a Cat's Edge! It went to our Prot/Ret Paladin, who made the revised image.
    Yeah, that was the part I was laughing about. I didn't realize that kohrs was a dps warrior though, I thought he was one of your tanks.

    Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah I'm a pretty big jerk Ray.

    Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MAN THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT MAN

    Did the Ring of Blood quests last night with a group. There were a few other Horde groups there, some were pretty shitty, so my group was helping them out so the whole thing went faster. Our group's turn came and we beat Mogor. Before I could turn in the quest and get my sweet sweet fist weapon, one of the other groups started another Mogor fight. I went back to help (most of my own group had already left) and died in the ensuing fight (in which he was ultimately defeated). Got back to my corpse and noticed that the quest was now marked as Failed! Most of the people had already turned in the quest and left, and the ones who remained were the idiots that needed the help in the first place. Just dying in that extra battle, after I had already completed the quest, made me fail it, and now I was stuck with no one to help me after, like, an hour of going through the entire chain with random people just to help them. I was so mad, so mad

    whuppins on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yup.

    Don't ever, ever die during that chain.

    Oats on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Or better yet, don't help sucky people.

    reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.