As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Try doing the Blood for Blood quest when it isn't primetime. I did it yesterday pretty late at night when there were maybe 20 people at the Throne, and had no trouble getting my 4 kills in a few minutes. However when I did the quest earlier that day (truthfully I did it twice since I was up really late farming primal fire and happened to be at the Throne when the daily reset), I had to group with someone to have a remote chance of tagging a mob.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I figure on raid nights I'll probably just do 'the good ones' on my rogue to earn some extra cash, but I'm seriously tempted to try to knock off as many as possible on a day off sometime, just to see what "$texas" really could be.

Also, I think I've come to the conclusion that it's time to get another epic flier. There's just no reason not to, with this many dailies available. Barring a 10k+ expense in WOTLK, I really just can't gold ever being a big deal again, and even if that did come up, we've got 6-12 months or so to earn it.

So far my Rogue, Druid and Paladin have all been hooked up. The warrior has been mostly abandoned, so it's down to the mage, warlock, priest, shaman and hunter. The mage already gets around really well, so it'll probably be either the shaman (my only healer) or the hunter (one of the best geared alts).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hunters are awesome choose the hunters because of how awesome hunters are (hunter hunter hunter)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    25 dailies seriously sounds like a second job

I'm thinking about trading my badges o' justice for vortexes then selling those on dark iron, so I can maybe try that epic flyer thing one day

stupid grinds

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Eri wrote: »
    That nether residue quest that gives the rejuv pot doesn't seem worth my time unless I plan on farming some herbs. Am I missing any?

Edit: Reading that the drop rate blows for the residue.

Shit man, I love this quest. I do it right before I do the Nagrand analysis one because I can just pop in Nagrand (I'm a Skinning/LWer), go around and collect Clefthoof Leather/Cobra Scales which I like to do anyway so I can make gold, while getting the daily done in the process. Motivates me to grind.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You could also donate that money to me bit by bit through transfers.

Just sayin...

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »

I'm thinking about trading my badges o' justice for vortexes then selling those on dark iron, so I can maybe try that epic flyer thing one day

stupid grinds

To the several assholes in my guild who don't have jobs, it is a first job.

riz on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »

stupid grinds

Well, don't do Netherwing. Just do the Skettis bombing quest, the Ogri'la bombing and maybe crystal quest, the fishing or cooking quests, and then the Sunwell ones.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If all goes well tomorrow, I'll have two nether vortexes and a brand spanking new BS plate chest. Whee!

Tav on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Backlash wrote: »
    Eri wrote: »
    There will be a portal from Shattrah to Quel'Danas and that portal won't be available until phase 2 apparently. IDK about the other way around.

From what I read, the portal to Shattrath that opens up in phase 2 is one way, and then one of the dailies that starts in phase 2 gives you a one way teleport back to shatt as its reward.
    Ah, yes, it's this one. Once-a-day free teleport, as long as you do the quest.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It'd be awfully fucking nice if there was one (1) mob that dropped Mana Remnants that didn't instantly burn through 5k mana

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It'd be awfully fucking nice if there was one (1) mob that dropped Mana Remnants that didn't instantly burn through 5k mana

I *hate* most of the Sunwell dailies.

WTB the ability to kill shit.

Christ.

We only HAVE 5k mana.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Christ.

We only HAVE 5k mana.

They aren't amazingly fun but they are doable. But it's one of those situations in which SoV is so much better then SoB.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Christ.

We only HAVE 5k mana.

They aren't amazingly fun but they are doable. But it's one of those situations in which SoV is so much better then SoB.

And to make matters worse, I can't just say "fuck the sunwell" and go do heroics, because all of the healers are running MGT!

and im pretty sure my gear isn't up to heroic MGT

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm not enjoying any of it yet either, also despite all the backwards, crazy, impossible, fantasy shit in this game I find myself upset that there are Adamantite nodes in azeroth, it's a rock from another planet!

What the fuck is wrong with me.

edit: the scourge fighting the demons at the end of the broken scar is pretty cool though.

815165 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Christ.

We only HAVE 5k mana.

And to make matters worse, I can't just say "fuck the sunwell" and go do heroics, because all of the healers are running MGT!

and im pretty sure my gear isn't up to heroic MGT

It would depend on how geared your healer is and how much CC you bring. Lots of CC and you could do it. Not so much...and you'd be screwed.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, with a geared tankadin tanking, a ret paladin or an arms/fury warrior or any other CC-less DPS spec would get to come along and not be too much of a drag, right? Because I'm really wanting me that Shard of Contempt off heroic 3rd boss.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    with the current trash strategies, you might be a little bit of a drag. a min-max group wouldn't want you. but as long as the other two DPS were mages or hunters, you'd be ok.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: Raid to Gruul's lair 2-shot Mulgaur and 2-shot Gruul. Quick, easy and painless 1.5 hour run.
    No loot for me, but 5 badges.

Since it ended so early I figure I go to MT. Have to go on normal the first time, but what the hell. Get a group of reasonably geared people and off we go. None of us had done it before, but we had read the guides and we where used to heroic dungeons.

HATE, HATE HATE HATE: Guess how many times we wiped! 18-21 TIMES!! 10 of those wipes where caused by the 6 mobs infront of kael'thas. We had a lock and a rogue, but we could not CC those mobs long enough to kill them. This would not have been so bad if they did not respawn upon a wipe. we had to kill all 6 elites in one go to get a chance to go for kael. When we did get to him it took us another 5 tries to get him down as those fucking spheres kept killing us in phase 2.(to be honest they kept killing me as I had to heal the others and couldnt move) Finally I said I was not going to heal during gravity lapse and if they died, they where SOL. got him down on the next try.

All I can say is if they don't nerf that pull before kael, I will be suprised.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Hurray: Ding 61!

Behind schedule, but 2.4 seems to have lowered Horde presence and so questing has been pretty smooth. It's slow going without any Rest, though. :(

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: Got my Shield! And very close to 40. This upcoming weekend will be fun.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oboro wrote: »

Behind schedule, but 2.4 seems to have lowered Horde presence and so questing has been pretty smooth. It's slow going without any Rest, though. :(

How long until you meltdown and delete again?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Saban wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »

How long until you meltdown and delete again?

four million words in PAchat

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gentlemen, synchronize your watches.

Also, heroic Mr T (as people on dark iron have taken to calling it) makes me really happy. Played through it tonight; we wiped a few times, but it's neat that they made some five man encounters that are compelling and fun. The first boss is kinda lackluster, but the last three are well done.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There are some things about MrT I don't like, well, I like it but I don't like the stupid I ran it with.

Things that happened: Paladin healer dying to the succubus. Druid tank dying because he can't mark shit. Me drawing aggro because tank can't hold threat through 2 scorches (yes, 2 scorches...). Mage using his less powerful frost spells on Kael's little phoenix because he knows it's immune to fire (it isn't).

Things I enjoyed: Burning that Phoenix down by myself twice because the other mage wasn't paying attention. Watching my shaman friend pretty much solo Kael from 25% to 0.05% (he was so damn close, no joke). It was epic. During gravity lapse he would just heal/bandage/Gift of da Naaru and then smack Kael's face hardcore. It didn't work, but it was great to see.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh thank god other people are spacing out the Mr and the T. I was afraid I was the only one who'd make that lame joke, good thing DI is making it too (I <3 Heroic Mr T)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    So, with a geared tankadin tanking, a ret paladin or an arms/fury warrior or any other CC-less DPS spec would get to come along and not be too much of a drag, right? Because I'm really wanting me that Shard of Contempt off heroic 3rd boss.

Yea it's definately doable with two CC classes, I did it with a mage,rogue and hunter but we never actually used the hunter traps. The main thing is to just cleanse yourself of the poison/immolate/holy fire thing helps heaps so the healer doesn't have to worry bout it. Plus a pally would help heaps on the second boss as you can bubble outta the debuff (same as a rogue/mage)

Hitsuraptor on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Happy: Kalecgos down as of 12:30ish last night, and my realm made it to Phase 2 of the Sunwell Isle. Good night all around.

I wasn't in the raid that killed the boss, but that was because I volunteered to sit. The raid leader asked for 2 melee dps, and we had 3 rogues in the raid. 2 rogues with paired warglaives are likely to be of more value than 1 set and 1 rogue without.

They barely scraped the kill out by the skin of their teeth, by the sounds of vent at least, so I feel it was the right choice.

I like to think I kick a whole lotta ass, but sometimes you just have to recognize that for whatever reason, other people kick just a little bit more.

Forar on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, we ventured into Hyjal on Patch Day, one-shotted Rage, then got raped pretty hard by Anetheron. We're going back to Kael on sunday though, because everyone, much like myself, wants Kael dead.

Holy shit the new trash drop fist weapons in Mount Hyjal are the most incredible weapons I've ever seen ever ever.

Happy: Latro's Mainhand on my warrior. The Expertise thrown weapon. The Rep Reward PvP gear. My baby fury warrior is moving up in the world.

Hate: AV is ruined. It's always a turtle now. Instead of being a 10-20 minute battleground, it's back to being nearly an hour of pain and frustration.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Clique drama over groups for the new five-man. I'm pretty close with our raiding prot paladin and the resto shaman he does all his heroics with, so we sort of decided on a set five-man group for running MT heroic every day. Two nights in a row now, some of my other friends and fellow officers have asked the three of us who DPS this group to go with their group, and we have to be like "Errr sorry already grouped..." and it's really awkward and I feel guilty. But then again, it's not like they'd save their heroic lockout until I get home from work, which my tankadin is doing. Meh. As soon as everyone's exalted for their recipes it won't matter anymore anyway.

Happy: One-shot Archimonde two weeks in a row. Archimonde finally on total farm status without using exploits? Preposterous.

Meh: The Alliance guild who beats us to everything since Hydross and Lurker got Kalecgos last night, while we were slumming in Hyjal. I complained about not doing Kalecgos again and the RL's were like "We'll never kill Brutallus without farming gear for months, so why bother?" As if Kalecgos gear won't help. As if it wouldn't be nice to at least have gotten THAT down even if they beat us to everything else because they have six months of Illidan farming under their belts. (Not a single warglaive yet though. Ouch.) From our short time of Kalecgos attempts, it didn't seem like gear was the lacking component, just coordination. /sigh

riz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    From my time spent on Kalecgos, getting the decursing and portling down isn't a big deal. People need to be on their toes, but it's doable. Keeping healing up on both tanks can get tricky depending on how said portling goes, but it's also doable. Doing both those while having dps keep up with what is effectively a soft enrage is incredibly tough. I agree that spending some time on him is a good idea, but knocking off MH/BT to ensure you're catching up on the gear curve isn't wasted time either, at all.

I'm hoping we do hit BT this week, as it'd be a shame to let Illidan survive (also, warglaives), but I'd be pretty happy if we just pretended that MH didn't exist. Fuck that place. Or just went in there after doing 3 nights SP and 1.5 BT, and killed whatever we could kill. Full clear? Great. 3 bosses? Fine by me.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hate:

Last night we were Le Suck. Trash before High Warlord? Kicked our ass. Supremus used us as punching bags. Normally we can clear up to Shade in one night but last night we just worked and only got High Warlord down.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hm. Happy? Hate? I'm not sure.

Our weekly VR wipe fest is canceled indefinitely. He was hard before (yes, we're terrible, move on with your life), but now... Impossible. New bugs: when firing off an orb, there is *zero* indication of who it is heading towards. He used to target the victim. Not any more. I'm not sure if there was a message in the combat log before, but there isn't one now. Also, he can sometimes fire off two orbs at once. Oh, and the graphical delay is still there (and might even be worse, as people are reporting dying to 'invisible' orbs), so even if you are watching intently of orbs that might possibly be coming at you, you could still get hit before you've even ascertained where it is going to land.

Kinda sucks, because last time we got him down to 10% before we had to call it. Kinda doesn't suck, because man, fuck that trash.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Ugh, those nights.

I'm not looking forward to BT on Friday. Everyone's like "one-night clear rah rah!" since Friday is our extra-hour raid night, and usually we can do up to Council without that hour. But that would require one-shots on almost everything including bugged RoS, not fucking around on trash, and getting Illidan down in a few attempts, which, without our prot pally pro flame tank (who is going away for the weekend), is going to be interesting.

riz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    People who afk during trash need a swift, merciless beating.

Yes, it's boring. Yes, it sucks. You five fuckers going afk or half-assing it is what makes it take an extra X minutes per boss, leading to Y minutes per week, which adds to god knows how many hours per month lost because some people can't be bothered to pull their own weight for the whole night.

Forar on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    re: the people on the previous page who said I'd meltdown via deletion after posting a lot in PAchat and getting embarrassed, I no longer play on Dark Iron.

Sad: I no longer play on Dark Iron.

Happy: The legacy that should never have been is dead.

Sad: My legacy died before it really got epic. <.<

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Speaking of fuckers - we take a 10 min break during the raid last night. RL says, "Be back by 9pm." Most of us log to save flask timers.

Btw, we're in Hyjal. The one place where you need a prot pally?

Our fucking prot pally goes AFK & doesn't FUCKING COME BACK. The fucker hasn't been to raid in well over a month, he was sick & then he stopped showing up. He received the spell damage mace off the trash earlier that night. RL yells at him in Vent, no response. We wait five minutes more. Fucker is still NOT there.

Doing the trash waves sans prot pally is not fun. We tried with our bear tanks. It wasn't.. yea.

So we're looking for a prot pally to recruit now! A good one....one who uses Avenger's Shield instead of just Consecrate. And doesn't take forever to get aggro for AoE...a holy pally was better than him (Tidewalker, not Hyjal trash!).

zagi on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Gentlemen, synchronize your watches.

Also, heroic Mr T (as people on dark iron have taken to calling it) makes me really happy. Played through it tonight; we wiped a few times, but it's neat that they made some five man encounters that are compelling and fun. The first boss is kinda lackluster, but the last three are well done.

It's lackluster until he starts blowing up the world with green shit and you're the healer.

@Kipling: What class are you? I did it on my pally, so I had to sit and cast for everything, but you swim way faster than the orbs, so you can put some distance tween you and the balls and then just drop a few heals; I imagine for the classes with hots it would be much easier.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Augh I don't know if I should get a pre-order CE for Warhammer. I know I'll probably try it at least for awhile, and the CE comes with like a 200+ page art book, and I love me some concept art, which I suppose could be seen as worth the extra $30, but still. I don't knowwwww.

riz on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    zagi wrote: »
    Hate: Speaking of fuckers - we take a 10 min break during the raid last night. RL says, "Be back by 9pm." Most of us log to save flask timers.

Btw, we're in Hyjal. The one place where you need a prot pally?

Our fucking prot pally goes AFK & doesn't FUCKING COME BACK. The fucker hasn't been to raid in well over a month, he was sick & then he stopped showing up. He received the spell damage mace off the trash earlier that night. RL yells at him in Vent, no response. We wait five minutes more. Fucker is still NOT there.

Doing the trash waves sans prot pally is not fun. We tried with our bear tanks. It wasn't.. yea.

So we're looking for a prot pally to recruit now! A good one....one who uses Avenger's Shield instead of just Consecrate. And doesn't take forever to get aggro for AoE...a holy pally was better than him (Tidewalker, not Hyjal trash!).

Please tell me you are horde side PVE with raids starting after 8 pm eastern.

Nobody on
This discussion has been closed.