We've been sort of hijacking the Ultimate Spider-Man thread to discuss the new cartoon, so it seemed to warrant it's own topic.Synopsis (From Wikipedia
The Spectacular Spider-Man was announced by Kids' WB Senior Vice President and General Manager Betsy McGowen and Sony Pictures Television Co-President Zack Van Amburg in March, 2007. The series is produced by Culver Entertainment. It premiered on March 8, 2008 on Kids' WB on The CW, one week after it was originally scheduled to premiere.
According to writer Greg Weisman the timeline of the original Spider-Man story-arcs, which the series is based on, will be condensed in order to move the series forward and include such classic and important characters as Flash Thompson, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson, Betty Brant, Harry Osborn, Jean DeWolff, J. Jonah Jameson, Aunt May Parker, Joe 'Robbie' Robertson, and Liz Allan. The new series will not follow the same continuity as the Spider-Man film series. Greg Weisman says that the episodes will have three to four episode arcs for DVD release reasons. The tie-ins will be slight, but present. The first episode arc will feature Vulture, Hammerhead, The Enforcers and Electro. Weisman wrote the first episode.
Hasbro will release a toy line of Action figures in April 2008.
Season One Episode Breakdown
- Josh Keaton - Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Lacey Chabert - Gwen Stacy
- James Arnold Taylor - Harry Osborn
- Irene Bedard - Jean DeWolff
- Clancy Brown - Captain George Stacy
- Grey DeLisle - Sally Avril, Betty Brant
- Brian George - Aaron Warren
- Dorian Harewood - Doc Bromwell
- Tricia Helfer - Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Phil LaMarr - Joseph "Robbie" Robertson, Randy Robertson 
- Joshua LeBar - Flash Thompson
- Andrew Kishino - Kenny "King" Kong
- Vanessa Marshall  - Mary Jane Watson
- Daran Norris - J. Jonah Jameson, John Jameson
- Kath Soucie - Martha Connors, Anna Watson
- Deborah Strang  - Aunt May
- Cree Summer - Glory Grant 
- Alanna Ubach - Liz Allan
- BJ Ward - Mayor Waters
- Andrew Kishino - Ned Lee
- Kelly Hu - Sha Shan Nguyen
- Thom Adcox - Phineas Mason/Tinkerer
- Jeff Bennett - Montana/Shocker
- Dee Bradley Baker - Dr. Curt Connors/Lizard
- Xander Berkeley - Quentin Beck
- Steven Blum - Chameleon
- Clancy Brown - Alex O'Hirn/Rhino, Ox
- Keith David - Big Man (Episode 1)
- Benjamin Diskin - Eddie Brock/Venom
- John DiMaggio - Flint Marko/Sandman, Hammerhead
- Robert Englund - Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Crispin Freeman - Max Dillon/Electro
- Phil LaMarr - Fancy Dan
- Peter MacNicol - Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
- Alan Rachins - Norman Osborn 
- Kevin Michael Richardson - Lonnie Lincoln/Tombstone, Big Man (Episode 4-) ,
- Eric Vesbit - Kraven the Hunter
- Thomas F. Wilson - Stan Carter
- ??? - Mark Raxton/Molten Man
- ??? - Calypso
- "Survival of the Fittest" Spider-Man has to save industrialist Norman Osborn from the high-flying Vulture while being pursued by The Enforcers.
- "Interactions" Peter Parker tutors Liz Allen, while Spider-Man tries to stop the former Lab Electrician, Max Dillion who became Electro after an accident involving Bio-Current Generation.
- "Natural Selection" Peter Parker and Spider-Man both must learn to make own their choices when decisions made by Dr. Curt Connors transform Pete's mentor into The Lizard.
- "Market Forces" While Peter Parker resists taking on the responsibility of helping Aunt May pay the bills, Montana -- the Big Man's Enforcer -- becomes the stunning Shocker to fulfill his responsibility: eliminating Spider-Man.
- "Competition" Flint Marko becomes Sandman.
- "The Invisible Hand" Alex O'hirn is transformed into the Rhino
- "Catalysts" Spider-man meets the Green Goblin.
- "Reaction" Dr. Otto Octavius turns into Doctor Octopus.
- "The Uncertainty Principle"
- "Persona" Black Cat and Quentin Beck appear.
- "Group Therapy" The Sinister Six form (instead of Kraven the Hunter, this version has Shocker).
- "Nature vs. Nurture" Kraven the Hunter appears.