As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX movie II: The Awakening

ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
edited March 2006 in PAX Archive
In 2004, we stormed into Bellevue. Eyes ablaze with maniacal fervor we sought entertainment, and lo it was found in a local theatre showing Hero. We invaded the cineplex, shouted improprieties at the screen, pissed off our fellow moviegoers and generally had a great time.

We had planned to repeat the experience in 2005, but sadly, not a single film of more than passing interest was showing at the time. It is time to resurrect this tradition, rally our forces and once again show the theatregoing public what it means to enjoy a movie PAX-style.

According to the internet, an information source of some repute, the following movies will be open on the evening of August 24th, 2006:

OPENING AUGUST 18, 2006
CLERKS II - Starring Jeff Anderson and Brian O'Halloran
THE MESSENGERS - Starring John Corbett and Dylan McDermott
SNAKES ON A PLANE - Starring Samuel L Jackson and Julianna Margulies

I do not know if these films will be at the Bellevue Galleria, but chances are good that at least the last two will be. So tell me...

WCTT_banner.gif
Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
ctishman on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2006
    If Snakes On A Plane makes it...I'd say that.

If not, then definately Clerks.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Deffinatly Clerks... As funny as Snakes on a Plane's title may be, you all know the movies going to suck... Its a rental at best...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Snakes on a Motherf*king plane!

I think that one would bring the most humor, if not then Clerks II for sure.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    eelektrik wrote:
    Deffinatly Clerks... As funny as Snakes on a Plane's title may be, you all know the movies going to suck... Its a rental at best...
    Well if we're looking for a movie where we can be silly, loud and raucous, our best bet is Snakes on a Plane. Somehow I don't think a theater full of PAers is going to be able to quiet down long enough to get real enjoyment from Clerks II itself.

So I'd say Snakes on a Plane.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Snakes on a Plane!!
    It's so bad it has to be good!!

We're not going to a movie to watch it, we're going to shout obscenities at the screen, flick popcorn, and behave in a socially reprehensible manner. We need a movie where we don't have to concentrate too much, and by that I mean pay attention to the screen at all. Snakes on a Plane will deliver!

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2006
    And every time we see a snake, we can yell "Snakes?!? On a PLANE?!?"

Doc on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I cast my vote for Snakes On A Plane, just FYI, because Clerks has the kind of humor you have to listen for and think about, and I'm not sure I want to do much of that at the PAX movie.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman