As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Exalted: Saga of the Rivers

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well, the crew is starting to assemble.

Do the experiences and such of our previous incarnations bleed through? Gender confusion for the lolz.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ahha, web-based hosting. That would work, I think I also have an old jump drive around here somewhere that I could save it on.
    Brody wrote: »
    Well, the crew is starting to assemble.

Do the experiences and such of our previous incarnations bleed through? Gender confusion for the lolz.

I think(but am not sure) that it varies from exalt to exalt. I remember reading something that said all Solar shards have SOME memories attached from previous lives, but it didn't really say what kinds of things were remembered.

I'm playing Kes as if she has a lot of knowledge from the first age, but not a lot of memories... if that makes sense. So if you dropped her in front of the pilot's controls for a first age airship she would how to fly it(roughly anyway), but not where she picked up that knowledge. She does have a few memories from previous lives(Wandering through the great libraries/cities, pieces of the war with the primordials, and of course the memory of the great banquet burns in her mind) but not too many.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm gonna wait for Kes and Sho before I reply.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm kinda waiting on Sho. If he doesn't post before I go to bed(in about 45 minutes) I'll post as if you guys walked in as soon as Kes finished talking and interrupted anything he was going to say.

Last Son on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    that's fine... I should be getting to bed soon.

stupid flu.

and stupid Cikala for turning out to be like, not, a full moon..... grrrr. *L*

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    It could be that she is a fierce and powerful warrior, just incredibly naive of social life outside of the Silver Pact. Nothing says warriors gotta be all stoic, particularity in a game that was based on anime and kung-fu movies.

Last Son on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is very true. It just kinda tends to irritate me when i write up a character to be one way, and then i start to post with them, and they change their minds.

and i'm a slave to their whims.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well, I'm going to be for the night, 7 AM classes make sleep a good idea.

Brody on

• Options
    PapillonPapillon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    PST + classes mean odd posting times for me. I'll try to post more frequently...

Also, I hope multiple names for my character won't cause too much confusion. Sho is, of course, an alias. He's only been using that name since he got on the ship, and is planning on dropping it as soon as he arrives in Nexus and disappears into the city. Undoubtedly "Fate" will intervene however.

Papillon on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    For the record, this is not the god of the Yellow River but the god of a smaller river that flows into the Yellow near the town.

His shout was plenty loud enough to have been heard inside, even if the words might have been indistinct.

Also, Jiang Wu is the name of The Lady's captain.

Edit: Also, this is not really related or prompted by anything but I feel it needs to be said. This is not a railroad game, I hate those with a passion (both as a player and as the man behind the curtain.)

My job as GM/DM/Storyteller/whatever is to make things happen, see how the players respond, and extrapolate further events based on player respose.
    Your job, as players, is to fuck up my plans and do what you want. :P

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    My last post is edited because I was ninja'd by the DM.

Deadly Shadow is sneaking through the alleyways... Do you want me to make a stealth roll? Also, how does the Third Excellency work with a non-combat ability (like Stealth)?

Papillon on
  • Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    destoryah you ttoally ignored my PM:(

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm totally not staying put either.

Brody on

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Crovaxan wrote: »
    destoryah you ttoally ignored my PM:(

Sorry about that, I didn't so much ignore it as not recieve it until now. :)

But I'm always a fan of 'mysterious stranger renders assistance.'

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I just made a bullshit post about him standing doing nothing, sense it took me forever to post. I was gonna have him jump over to the river god and ask for explinations but i don't want to get backhanded.

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    destroyah, aren't you so happy we all split up?

Papillon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    hey, works for me. You guys are easier to kill this way :D

I'll make an update tomorrow. Now, I sleep.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    We aren't quite broken up. Cikala and I are still close by, we just have different ideas as to how to fix things.

Brody on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    I can't wait to see how this fight goes down.

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Srsly. I have a bad habit of BURNING essence, or whatever special power up mechanic games give you. Which means that if stuff doesn't die fast, then I usually die hard.

Brody on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    But im sure you look like a complete badass up until then right?

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    With the limitation on charm use and the essence recovery of stunts you can actually last quite a while. Plus even without charms you'll still a badass, just not an earth-shaking badass.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I say we kill the Captain!!!!

or maybe hit him on the head and give him to the river god or something.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Until you make combos.

Then your essence goes bye REALLY quick.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well, I only have one or two charms to use anyways.

I say we kill the River God, and get on with our adventure!!!

Brody on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Until you make combos.

Then your essence goes bye REALLY quick.

Ah, thats true. At least you can take people down incredibly quick as well though.

Last Son on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yep.

Unless they decide to Perfect-Defence turtle.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    but if we kill the river god, We'll have to get another village!

or something

gods the cold meds are kicking my rear.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I have a huge urge to Leap and come crashing down with my claws in the river god's face. I don't even know if i have the ability to do that tho.

Also i need to make a combo called swooping something something. How would i combine my monkey leap with an attack and then seven shadow evasion.?

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    destroyah, I'm assuming I've successfully sneaked up to a point where I can see the river god, but haven't been spotted yet (because no-one has the +2 bonus to spotting me required to overcome Easily Overlooked Presence Method). If that's a bad assumption I'll edit my post.

Papillon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    yeah, that's fine. The river god is currently occupied being a shouting blowhard and everybody else has other concerns at the moment.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I have a huge urge to Leap and come crashing down with my claws in the river god's face. I don't even know if i have the ability to do that tho.

Also i need to make a combo called swooping something something. How would i combine my monkey leap with an attack and then seven shadow evasion.?

Combos require bonus points or EXP to create. Either BP = Number of charms in combo, or exp = the minimum ability scores of all combos; example Monkey Leap(Athletics 1 required) + Seven Shadows Evasion(Dodge 4 required) = 5exp needed to make the combo.

All of the charms must also have either the combo-basic or combo-ok descriptors listed. Combo-basic charms can only be combined with reflexive charms(that have the combo-ok descriptor) while combo-ok charms can be combined with any other combo-ok charm.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    How deep is water around him? Would I be able to walk easily, or should I jump on the roof as well?

Brody on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm saying ankle deep at most. It's more a cosmetic effect for now.

but if it keeps like it's going it will be knee deep within two hours.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ok, you made it sound like the world was drowning.

Brody on

• Options
    edited April 2008
    heh, sorry about that. I meant that it's not dangerous right now. but if can get that way if it continues.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think that's how i check for captian Wu. ifi did anything wrong feel free to point it out.

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i spend 3m to activate Keen Sight Technigue and i think from peripheral since that won't flare anima.(Per+Awar) 6d10=1,1,2,3,7,8 and then the extra 2 successes put me at 4.

Peripheral 35/38
    Personal 17/17

Personal essence is the essence under your complete control, peripheral essence is essence that you can tap but don't have total control over. Peripheral is the one that causes your anime to flare, though 3motes would only cause your caste mark to glitter.

Also, as a night-caste you can hold your anima in check. If you do use your peripheral to power a charm you can spend extra essence to prevent it from effecting your anima. +1mote for a non-obvious charm, double the cost of the charm for an obvious one. This doesn't effect sorcery though, just charms.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well i guess a slight glitter isn't too bad, since it's not extremely eye catching and everyone is concentrating on the river god.

EDIT: it doesnt glitter nonstop does it? since keen sight lasts an entire scene

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Last Son, don't you need to roll Join Debate to engage dude in a discussion?

Papillon on