As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA] Super Smash Phalla: Brawl - TehSpectre (evil) victory!

• Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    Do you care if I suck or does that make it more fun :)?

:winky:

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    weird, thought I had my sig with the number up

&

Sabs

you naughty little wanker :P

Egos on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Adding you too, Egos. Now to go downstairs and wait for Brawl to happen!

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2008
    You walked right into it though.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I...need a break.

Jerks need to stop attacking me when I transform, Saburbia.

Frosteey on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't see where I can confirm friends... Am I blind?

Thanks for the rounds guys. Frosteey thoroughly whomped me even when I had a one life head start as Luigi.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited March 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I...need a break.

Yes mister, ooo I got 3 smash balls in one game.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited March 2008
    I...need a break.

And I pretty much get the same benefit as you get from one...because mine's terrible.

---

And a couple of things you people should know-

I had to answer the door. Sorries.

I pick Green Greens for the start of every match. Fountain of Dreams is still an awesome song.

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    I...need a break.

And I pretty much get the same benefit as you get from one...because mine's terrible.

---

I pick Green Greens for the start of every match. Fountain of Dreams is still an awesome song.

You were zelda that match, you got like 4/5 kills from it. :P

And I hate Green Greens if I am snake.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited March 2008
    I generally pick random every match. Although I think I like pictochat the most. Also: if I ever pick a character 80% of the time it's going to be Ike. Other than that random all the time.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited March 2008
    I...need a break.

---

You were zelda that match, you got like 4/5 kills from it. :P

And I hate Green Greens if I am snake.

Oh...well Zelda's one of the best characters to get smash balls with. And I finished that match off with a toe of doom, so it's all cool.

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    I...need a break.

I used this technique a once or twice. :D

I learn from the best?

Unearthly Stew on
    edited March 2008
    Gah...64 spaces isn't enough...

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    I love you, Green Greens.

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    I love Zelda...

Frosteey on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Are these matchups considered prenetworking?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    !I Sign Up

Qorzm on
    edited March 2008
    I'm not sure this is the type of network I should be looking for...

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    Malarkey! I call malarkey...

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    Thanks again for the matches. Started to get laggy near the end there.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited March 2008
    I think it's pretty clear Frosteey is better than I am, but the fact that the game turned into a slideshow for a while there sure doesn't make me feel better about it.

I sure did get hells of lucky on the Hyrule Temple game, didn't I?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm still a newb so I= suckage. But I did ok with Link and Ganondorf.

Btw whoever did the little Kirby jiggle when they were winning. I found that very amusing (I think it was either FWD or Frost). It was on the seaship stage

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    It was Frosteey, I didn't play as Kirby any. And I didn't find it amusing either, I was swearing up a storm.

Especially when he did it on the Pictochat stage. I hate that one, it always feels like there's a malevolent DS owner drawing barriers just between me and where I want to be.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2008
    I think it's pretty clear Frosteey is better than I am, but the fact that the game turned into a slideshow for a while there sure doesn't make me feel better about it.

I actually think it was just my stupidity with Final Destination's ledges more than anything. I think I killed myself twice by trying to jump into those little indentations.

That Ganondorf Final Smash kill is what I called malarkey on. If I didn't think I was low enough to avoid it I would have just jumped...
    Kind've makes me want to experiment with just how low it hits, though. (And through that little wall, too...)

---
    Egos wrote: »
    I'm still a newb so I= suckage. But I did ok with Link and Ganondorf.

Btw whoever did the little Kirby jiggle when they were winning. I found that very amusing (I think it was either FWD or Frost). It was on the seaship stage

Oh, I do the Kirby dance whenever I get the opportunity. (I almost never taunt after a kill, and if I do, it's by accident, but I will pull a Kirby victory dance out any time)

You did pretty well with Link on Delfino. A lot of it's just inexperience, like that hilarious suicide with Falco's side B in the last match.

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    That Ganondorf Final Smash kill is what I called malarkey on. If I didn't think I was low enough to avoid it I would have just jumped...
    Kind've makes me want to experiment with just how low it hits, though. (And through that little wall, too...)

It wasn't just that. I got knocked off the left side early, but in just the right position to recover to the bottom. After Giga Bowser showed up, I got knocked off to the right from the bottom just close enough to the upper edge to recover that time, too. And then I manage to grab the smash ball and fire it immediately for the double K.O. and the win. I also thought I was going to miss you, by the way. I think that may be the first time I've fired it when I even had a chance to hit anyone underneath me.

I think the thing that frustrated me the most was getting countered repeatedly (except when I had the Golden Hammer, that was just sheer stupidity on my part). I'm not sure whether it was really the case, but the lag made it feel like you could see everything coming with much more time to counter.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2008

It wasn't just that. I got knocked off the left side early, but in just the right position to recover to the bottom. After Giga Bowser showed up, I got knocked off to the right from the bottom just close enough to the upper edge to recover that time, too. And then I manage to grab the smash ball and fire it immediately for the double K.O. and the win. I also thought I was going to miss you, by the way. I think that may be the first time I've fired it when I even had a chance to hit anyone underneath me.

I think the thing that frustrated me the most was getting countered repeatedly (except when I had the Golden Hammer, that was just sheer stupidity on my part). I'm not sure whether it was really the case, but the lag made it feel like you could see everything coming with much more time to counter.

Oh, man, I almost forgot about the golden hammer incident...that's right up there with you getting the smash ball as Ike only to be immediately kicked into oblivion by Zelda as moment of the night.

---

Regarding counter, I think it may have been the case a few times, but by and large, I just use counter all the damn time. There are a lot of times where I think I hit counter before getting hit by attacks, too, which I blame on input lag, so, I'd say those instances just about counterbalance any benefits I might get from slow frame rates. It's kind've hard to really tell, though.

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    Oh, and just to get this out there-

If you play Pit in a match against me, I will completely ignore all opponents until you die. I don't remember who chose Pit on the Summit, but you got what you deserved.

---

Man, I just remembered the Summit match. That was a great finish. I got Daisy's final smash, put Yoshi to sleep, then proceeded to spend like ten seconds trying to reach you, only to whiff on the charged smash attack. Then I lucked out on another attack and hit you while you were behind me with a golf club.

Frosteey on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The main issue I've had with Brawl is it's stupid hard to set up a proper team-battle without everyone being on ventrilo. I really love me some team battles.

Marshmallow on
    edited March 2008
    Oh god I forgot about the Summit match too, I was so angry. Why the FUCK didn't you die when I hit you with the FS fireball when you were already off the fucking screen?

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2008
    I dunno...Daisy's just awesome like that. Yoshi's got one of the best final smashes, and when you hit me, I was actually worried about avoiding taking like 40% damage on my respawn. I was pretty surprised when my little circle at the top never disappeared, then I floated for a while, and when you got up there, I jammed down and prayed.

---

And off screen antics reminds of the time when someone got the dragoon and aimed for me, so I tried to run off screen on either Shadow Moses or Castle Siege, but I went to far and just killed myself instead. I'm not even sure if that was from this session or the earlier one...

Frosteey on
  • Kin33Kin33 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If sign-ups are still open I'll !sign-up. I have time for phallas again so this should be fun.

Kin33 on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Much thanks to Blarney and B:L. This classy set of avatar and signature shall adorn me as we commence in battle across this grand stadium, and I can rest assured that I am well prepared.

Bravo comrades, you have truly earned your three days of safety from FreeAgent, a single combatant amongst a horde of fighters.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I find I enjoy playing as Zero Suit Samus a lot. To the point that I ignore the smash ball.

M.D. on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I find I enjoy playing as Zero Suit Samus a lot. To the point that I ignore the smash ball.

Grab it anyway. You can still do damage with your transformation into Samus and all you have to do is press Up taunt Down taunt Up taunt to switch back to Zamus.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Grab it anyway. You can still do damage with your transformation into Samus and all you have to do is press Up taunt Down taunt Up taunt to switch back to Zamus.

Ah, I never knew the taunt trick, I only knew about the holding R before a match trick.

edit - I knew there was a taunt trick but I didnt know how to preform it.

M.D. on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is signing-up still open? If so, I will !signup.

Wildcat on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Signups are unlimited, I'll close them when things seem to be dying down

Just because people seem to be unsure on this fact- it's in the OP, and the thread title still says "Signups!". The more the merrier!

El Skid on
  • life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ah, I never knew the taunt trick, I only knew about the holding R before a match trick.

edit - I knew there was a taunt trick but I didnt know how to preform it.

It's a pain in the ass. Up, Down, Up in like 3 frames. There's got to be a better keybinding to make that easier/possible...

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
    edited March 2008
    I find it works best if I quickly turn the controller sideways and mash Up with one thumb and Down with the other.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    When do we start? I feel unfocused and disconnected without a Phalla to play.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg