As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

April Fools!

ScooterScooter Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Ha! I totally got you, because it's not April Fools! Unless you're in Europe. Or you're reading this a couple hours from now. To hell with you, future people. I'll get you back by using up all your oil.

Anyways, my April Fools are always uniformly boring. Tomorrow, for example, I'll be at work or in class the entire day like every Tuesday and I'm not expecting anything to happen. Nor do I have the time/energy to do something up myself. But I hear rumors that in other locations not in my immediate area, pranks are known to occur. Got any good ones for this year or past years? I need some good laughs at other people's expense.

Just so I'm not entirely lacking, here's one I stole from a Slashdotter.
Speaking of cake, a favorite joke of mine is to put a delicious looking cake in the office break room with "Happy April Fools Day" written in large letters in the frosting. Of course, the cake is perfectly fine and 100% edible, but no one will trust it. Its amusing seing people staring it down, debating, and daring each other to take a bite all day long.

P.S. If all you've got is screenshotting someone's desktop, try again next year and put some effort into it k

Scooter on

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It is April fools where I am.

You're living in the past. You've got no sense of direction. Let go of the past, let go and get into the future that is now.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've got. . .nothing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    PUT A WHOOPIE CUSHION ON YOUR BOSS' SEAT!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It wasn't on April Fools but some guys and I started spraying mace on various items to get it in contact with each other's skin. Hats, weapons, pens, etc.

It was a painful prank to play.

Quid on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's my parents' wedding anniversary on April Fools. I'm still waiting for the punchline.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Once, a friend of mine made the fatal mistake of falling asleep first on a warhammer/D&D night. We put toothpaste on his eyelids.

The result was as hilarious as it was awful.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Cereal Box Switch
    Remove the plastic bags from cereal boxes and switch them around. Your victim will scratch his head wondering why Cheerios came out of a box of Lucky Charms.

Mail Box Prank
    After the mail has already been delivered, fill the mail box with ping pong balls or packing nuts. Then ask someone else to go get the mail.

Lottery Ticket Swap
    This one takes some pre-planning. All you have to do is buy someone a lotto ticket today and tomorrow go out early and buy another ticket with the exact same numbers as the winning ticket from yesterday. When the victim of your prank isn't paying attention swap the newer ticket with the old one. When the person looks in the paper for the winning numbers, he or she won't even realize the date is wrong on the ticket and will believe it is the big winner.

Bend Over Splits
    Place a dollar bill on the floor and as people walk by and try to pick the dollar up, you stand nearby and tear a small piece of cloth. It will sound as if the victim of the prank actually split their pants and most of the time they will check their rear and leave in embarrasement.

Push or Pull
    Print out some signs that read, "Push" and "Pull" and tape them to doors at your local stores. Make sure to place them on the wrong side. Then sit back and watch as people push when they are instructed to pull and vise versa

Shoe Polish Phone Prank
    Coat the reciever of someone's phone with shoe polish and then give them a call. Instant gratification. Make sure you match the colors of the polish and the phone. Small amounts of shaving cream work too.

Upside Down Cup
    Fill a cup with water about half way. Then place an index card over the cup. Then turn the cup upside down on your co-worker's desk. Finally, carefully slide the index card out from underneath the cup. Whenever your co-worker decides to pick the cup up, he will be drenched in water.

Bar Of Soap Lather Prank
    Take some nail polish and coat a bar of soap with it. Let it dry. Then put it in the bathroom shower. When your victim tries to use it, he or she will go nuts trying to get it to lather up.

Ypto Ypto...errr!!! TYPO!
    Be carefull with this one, as to not ruin the keyboard. All you have to do is simply and very carefully remove a few keys and switch them around. If your victim is one of those "look up and down" typers. He or she will be very confused while trying to get work done.

Confusing Drawers
    Before your co-worker arrives at the office remove his desk drawers and switch them around. He will definantly scratch his head over this one. Hint: In case you cannot remove the drawers, just remove the items and swap them.

Dorm pranks:

- fill someone's room with little cups full of water, all over the floor. When they get home they'll have to pick up and empty each one individually or else spill water everywhere.
    - tape someone's door/saran wrap someone's door
    - ketchup packets under the toilet seat
    - other stuff I can't remember

Medopine on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I found out a friend of mine from another website got married recently when we started talking to one another again. She hasn't dropped by the website yet. I'm posting up the fact that she got married (with her permission, of course) tomorrow.

Think of it as a psychological one of those cakes ;D

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Here's a classic for those of you who have pigs

Step 1: Get 3 Pigs
    Step 2: Spraypaint Pigs
    Step 3: Release in school/other large building
    Step 4: ????
    Step 5: Profit once they catch pigs #1, #2, and #4 and fail to find #3

Scooter on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am totally going to do the cake one next year.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Here's a classic for those of you who have pigs

Step 1: Get 3 Pigs
    Step 2: Spraypaint Pigs
    Step 3: Release in school/other large building
    Step 4: ????
    Step 5: Profit once they catch pigs #1, #2, and #4 and fail to find #3

This was done at my school a couple years back. Next year's prank was slightly less hilarious, where the seniors released boxes of crickets throughout the school. Sounded like a goddamn symphony.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think it's important that a good prank not do any actual damage. I can't remember examples off the top of my head, but I know there're morons who think assualt or highly expensive vandalism is ok if they call it a "prank".

The crickets would probably be a sucky one. You can't easily clean that up at the end of the day.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    It's my parents' wedding anniversary on April Fools. I'm still waiting for the punchline.

It was 17 years ago.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Blizzard usually has a good prank to play with World of Warcraft

They might 'release' the 'new' race in starcraft 2 tomorrow. It'll probably be a race of Samir Duran clones.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I didn't want to be the one to follow up on that opening cause it was too easy

But zing

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Satan. wrote: »

It was 17 years ago.
    Finally

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That's pretty good. I'm lol'ing here. Fo' reals.
    April Fools!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

You're adopted.
    Too far? :P

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    ArcticMonkeyArcticMonkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Omeks wrote: »

You're adopted.

A cake on April 1st that says "You're not adopted" is the perfect amount of mind fuckery :P

ArcticMonkey on
    "You read it! You can't unread it!"
    venstre.giflobotDanceMiddle.gifhoyre.gif
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Omeks wrote: »

You're adopted.
    A cake on April 1st that says "You're not adopted" is the perfect amount of mind fuckery :P
    "Now son, I just want to warn you now that some people might be stopping by today - doctors, geneticists, judges. No matter what kind of solid, irrefutable consensus they might reach, don't worry, it's not at all true - you're totally not adopted, honest"

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone else still waiting for the obligatory, "The punchline has an alias named Hakkekage!"

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think it's important that a good prank not do any actual damage. I can't remember examples off the top of my head, but I know there're morons who think assualt or highly expensive vandalism is ok if they call it a "prank".

The crickets would probably be a sucky one. You can't easily clean that up at the end of the day.

Exactly. A truly great prank can be annoying, baffling, surreal and/or amusing. But it should be safe and easily fixable.

My college had a statue of the founder on campus. One year, a group of students decided to dress the statue as The Crow and hid a boombox playing the movie's soundtrack at high volume in nearby bushes. Nice, simple prank, if not very creative.

Then some fuckwit decided to paint the statue's face. Not cool.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    http://www.wowhead.com

For the WoW nerds :P

Medopine on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    GoodOmens wrote: »

Exactly. A truly great prank can be annoying, baffling, surreal and/or amusing. But it should be safe and easily fixable.

My college had a statue of the founder on campus. One year, a group of students decided to dress the statue as The Crow and hid a boombox playing the movie's soundtrack at high volume in nearby bushes. Nice, simple prank, if not very creative.

This wasn't on April fools, but there was an annual day at my college when freshmen were pranked en masse by the upperclassmen. One of the freshmen next to me was twins with another at the school, so a bunch of us ganged together and swapped all the stuff between their rooms. And I do mean ALL the stuff, I believe we even swapped the beds. Their rooms were in separate dorms too.

As for April fools proper, Google tends to have good ones. I did like their sewer based ISP.

Savant on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My prank: Dressing up as Agent 47, sneaking around the dorm, "knocking out" two friends and leaving a friend's suit another thing nicely folded against these bodies. They did a damn good job of acting unconscious.

Sneak into my friend's room, grab him, tell him not to say a fucking word. Drag him all the way to my car, throw him in the trunk of a friend's car that has no release. Drive around in an empty Sunday parking lot, swerving and playing a CD that made it seem like we were getting shot at. Drove to my friend's place.

Opened the trunk, let the guy out with a blindfold on. Took it off.

He was at a big ass party, everyone yelling out to him with some cups out: APRIL FOOLS!

And then he passed out. I'm pretty sure there was piss stains on his jeans.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My boss and I are both huge fans of The Office. I, as we speak, have a key to his office in my pocket. And a mouse in jello in my refrigerator. Just gotta get there before he does tomorrow morning. :)

jotate on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    GoodOmens wrote: »

Ah, yes, we get those wonderful pranks on campus from time to time. Not just on April Fool's, mind you.

Why, just the other day on what we call the outdoor classroom (big concrete bench), someone painted the word 'gay' on it. Great to see that Gay Pride represented!

A couple years back, some people drew a Swastika in the parking lot of one of the dorms. Sounds harmless enough to me~

And then last year people placed bananas in front of people's doors. Well that's not so bad, after all, bananas are a potassium-packed treat. Obviously they were gifts to the black students and nothing more.

(There are fucked up people here...and they never get caught...)

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh jesus, Digg disabled comments for the holiday. They're going to have a fuckin' mutiny. D:

jotate on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Bahaha, every featured video on http://www.youtube.com leads to Rick Roll.

jotate on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    jotate wrote: »
    Bahaha, every featured video on http://www.youtube.com leads to Rick Roll.

That's awesome.

Savant on
  • Options
    MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm thinking I'm going to hide all of my roommate's underwear. I was going to steal all of his clothes except for this ridiculous costume he had for halloween but he seems to have gotten rid of it.

This is unless I think of something better in the next 3 and a half hours

MutePrez on
  • Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Cliched and a bit dull, I'm pretending I'm coming out of the closet and letting my love of men finally express itself for April Fools. I didn't have high hopes for the project, but figured it was better than doing nothing.

I have already received several messages asking if it's true and two girls have applauded me for my bravery. I have done nothing but edit my Facebook status and "interested in" status, both of which I did about 10 minutes ago. If some of my extremely religious acquaintances send me brochures to attend their church's Gay Reprogramming camp, I will consider the prank an official success.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just updated almost everything in my Facebook profile to reflect the fact that I am now, apparently, a country-loving right wing college guy who thinks George W. Bush is the greatest president of the greatest country in the world. Including a photo of Dubya as my profile picture.

This will hopefully be as hilarious to my friends as it was painful for me to do it.

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    heh

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Cereal Box Switch
    Remove the plastic bags from cereal boxes and switch them around. Your victim will scratch his head wondering why Cheerios came out of a box of Lucky Charms.

Mail Box Prank
    After the mail has already been delivered, fill the mail box with ping pong balls or packing nuts. Then ask someone else to go get the mail.

Lottery Ticket Swap
    This one takes some pre-planning. All you have to do is buy someone a lotto ticket today and tomorrow go out early and buy another ticket with the exact same numbers as the winning ticket from yesterday. When the victim of your prank isn't paying attention swap the newer ticket with the old one. When the person looks in the paper for the winning numbers, he or she won't even realize the date is wrong on the ticket and will believe it is the big winner.

Bend Over Splits
    Place a dollar bill on the floor and as people walk by and try to pick the dollar up, you stand nearby and tear a small piece of cloth. It will sound as if the victim of the prank actually split their pants and most of the time they will check their rear and leave in embarrasement.

Push or Pull
    Print out some signs that read, "Push" and "Pull" and tape them to doors at your local stores. Make sure to place them on the wrong side. Then sit back and watch as people push when they are instructed to pull and vise versa

Shoe Polish Phone Prank
    Coat the reciever of someone's phone with shoe polish and then give them a call. Instant gratification. Make sure you match the colors of the polish and the phone. Small amounts of shaving cream work too.

Upside Down Cup
    Fill a cup with water about half way. Then place an index card over the cup. Then turn the cup upside down on your co-worker's desk. Finally, carefully slide the index card out from underneath the cup. Whenever your co-worker decides to pick the cup up, he will be drenched in water.

Bar Of Soap Lather Prank
    Take some nail polish and coat a bar of soap with it. Let it dry. Then put it in the bathroom shower. When your victim tries to use it, he or she will go nuts trying to get it to lather up.

Ypto Ypto...errr!!! TYPO!
    Be carefull with this one, as to not ruin the keyboard. All you have to do is simply and very carefully remove a few keys and switch them around. If your victim is one of those "look up and down" typers. He or she will be very confused while trying to get work done.

Confusing Drawers
    Before your co-worker arrives at the office remove his desk drawers and switch them around. He will definantly scratch his head over this one. Hint: In case you cannot remove the drawers, just remove the items and swap them.

Dorm pranks:

- fill someone's room with little cups full of water, all over the floor. When they get home they'll have to pick up and empty each one individually or else spill water everywhere.
    - tape someone's door/saran wrap someone's door
    - ketchup packets under the toilet seat
    - other stuff I can't remember

Did you get that list from 1001 Hyuks, Yuks, and Guffaws by Beany R. Pranksterini?

Cervetus on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »

Hee.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Do the questionnaire - it's great.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The Woot prank is pretty good too. Listen to the day's song.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Just changed the main graphic on my company's intranet page to an MS Paint version of itself. Time to find out how chill they all are.

jotate on
  • Options
    Victor15bVictor15b Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    www.thinkgeek.com

Always has some amusing pranks every April Fools Day

Victor15b on