As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Miami Bound (in 12 hours)

Limp mooseLimp moose Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I am flying into Miami Tomorrow afternoon for the weekend. I have the whole weekend to do whatever I want once I get there. Already have a hotel near the University of Miami / coconut grove area. What is there to do / see in Miami this weekend? I am leaving in 12 hours so anything might be helpful.

Willing to try just about anything, Clubs, Bars, Beach, Museums, Golf, whatever.

Limp moose on

• Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's still spring break season isn't it? There should be plenty of things going on and will probably be well advertised. :winky:

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Miami can be an incredibly fun place...if you have the money to really soak it in. As a poor college student, it is only sorta fun.

Coconut Grove is neat, and has a pretty strong college town atmosphere that isn't present anywhere else in the
    Miami area. It has lots of bars, the crowd is young, and it isn't as expensive as some other party areas. At this time of year it should be pretty great.

Coral Gables is not far away and is cool to drive around in and look at the pretty houses. If you are really into touristy stuff, I may even recommend making the day trip to Key West and back...it is easily in my opinion the coolest thing to do and see in South Florida if you are not interested in seeing or mimicking the life of superstars and hip-hop moguls.

South Beach has a broader set of people, and getting into clubs can be expensive and/or a chore if you are male without female accomplices. Drink prices are uniformly obscene. But hey, the "scenery" is nice, so you get what you pay for I suppose. Personally, after the initial effect of "ZOMG South Beach!" wore off, if I was looking to spend that much money, I'd just take a trip to Solid Gold - same price and I'm guaranteed to see someone naked.

By the way, Miami is not technically in America, but simply the northernmost point in the Caribbean. If you are accustomed to sane driving, prompt and courteous service, and not seeing ostentatious displays of wealth juxtaposed with examples of crushing poverty, then prepare for a change.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    Limp mooseLimp moose Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm flush with cash and have my own chopper. We decided to go to miami instead of key west because the navy base in key west is full up this weekend with a fighter jet detachment. So we are relegated to miami.

If anyone has any specific places that would rock.

Limp moose on
  • Options
    -Phil--Phil- Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Everything Ultimanecat said was true and head on.
    By the way, Miami is not technically in America, but simply the northernmost point in the Caribbean. If you are accustomed to sane driving, prompt and courteous service, and not seeing ostentatious displays of wealth juxtaposed with examples of crushing poverty, then prepare for a change.

Limed, because it needs repeating....

New club in the grove called "Nikki Beach.....somthing or other", pretty nice place and Fridays are supposedly good.

"Love / Hate" in the beach is a nice lounge.

-Phil- on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]