Taramoor on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    holy crap SSE is tedious x(

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Team battle signups are posted at CrushSiblings or here for the lazy.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Woot427Woot427 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    So where can I upload/download stages? We made one the other night completely designed around the same principle that causes people to camp at the bottom of Hyrule Castle at high percentages.

A five stock match with four people usually takes around twenty minutes to finish, with frenzied screams of HE'S OUT OF THE HOUSE, KEEP HIM OUT, SMASH HIM OFF when someone gets blasted out of the two small entrances, with everyone at over 500%.

http://crushsiblings.com/stages. I'm going to make search more intuitive later today, similar to the gallery interface.

Woot427 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well wouldya look at that.

I'll upload it once I get home.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone else find that the computer is able to do taunts far better than human players? Like the one where it drops a CD in the middle of the stage while I'm doing the Jigglypuff under-stage float to beat 15-minute brawl. I hate that taunt.

forty on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I go five stock with most the items on medium. I have a couple of the annoying items (like the smoke ball) turned off. Seems to be a good balance to me. The random-crazy-shit element is still there, but it doesn't overpower the effectiveness of a skilled player.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    holy crap SSE is tedious x(
    I'm actually growing to like it a lot, now that I'm not rushing through it to unlock characters and shit.

Elendil on
  • Options
    StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone want to play?

Strato on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SSE is enjoyable. If you want tedious, check out clearing Classic, or worse, All-Star with every character.

forty on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    I much prefer Classic or All-Star. I just hate the platforming nonsense in SSE. :V

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone who still sees me as "Awaiting Registration" in their list can go ahead and delete me, since that's what I did to you the other night.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Items set to medium. Pokeballs, Assist Trophies, Smash Balls, Regular Hammers, and Fans allowed.
    Any stage but the stupid waterfall. HATE that stage.

Houn on
  • Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hey guys, go on Training Mode and make Ike use his final smash on three pairs of Ice Climbers.

It's glorious.

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Spent 9 hours straight playing Brawl with a buddy of mine yesterday.

It was awesome.

The best part was trying to play one handed while eating pizza. So many hilarious deaths.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i too hate Pit. No matter who i am playing with Pit always seems to wreck my world.

god, was playing with anyone last night and we must have played on Final destination like 10 times in a row. it was getting obnoxious especially since the guy was playing fox

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Alright, I had an idea floating around, and I wanted to run it by you guys. I'm thinking of starting a Brawl League, to be run on a weekly basis. Competitors would be matched with a different opponent, each week, much like a season of any professional sport.

Essentially, each Saturday, the weekly schedule would be posted, and the players have the entire week to get together and play their assigned matches. Standings would be kept, and there would be playoff rounds at the end of each 'season'. I am thinking each week would have a special condition to be voted on in the thread, based on suggestions by the players. Say one week is 'Star Rods on high, nothing else' week, or each match that week needs to be played with a certain character, or on a certain stage, etc.

So, what I'm getting at, I guess, is let me know if you would be interested (the thread can be found here), and if you have any suggestions. If interest is high enough, I'm up for getting this started next weekend, so I'll say registration is open until Friday night, 11:59PM EST.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    FynathFynath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sounds like fun, Nickle.

Coin launcher absolutely refuses to give me the Toadette and Metroid trophies. :(

Also, getting one new sticker out of 99 is ridiculous.

Fynath on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    who wants to smash?

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i would be interested in a team tourny as well but i don't know if i can feasably get online at an exact time unless its late (like after 10 pst) since my wife hates watching me play.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    mts wrote: »
    i would be interested in a team tourny as well but i don't know if i can feasably get online at an exact time unless its late (like after 10 pst) since my wife hates watching me play.

Tell that bitch to close her eyes, then.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    FynathFynath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fuck yeah, Toadette!

Why is an assist trophy's trophy the last non-challenge trophy I have to get? :(

Fynath on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    who wants to smash?

Oh man, me.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    who wants to smash?

Oh man, me.

I will rip you to shreds and feed you to children.

I'll make the room.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Room's up.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'll play too if you guys want a third.

Strato on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I will rip you to shreds and feed you to children.

Oh ho ho.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Keep that room open for an hour and add me as a friend (I'm in the Wiki AFAIK) if you can - I'll be bringing all sorts of lag up ins.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I really like to use Sonic and Jigglypuff as my mains but I'm a rape machine with Lucas. I was playing against my girlfriend over the weekend, and she is generally a pretty good Smash opponent, but in a 5 stock battle with no items I took her out without even dying once. Guess I should probably switch to Lucas as my main :P

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Good game BlueBlue, I've got to go to class but I wanna brawl more with you when I get back.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well, thanks for the games, tsr. Oh man - did you also have to leave? What timing! The lag might be better later - I forgot my roommate was running some remote desktop stuff.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone up for some brawlin's with me?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You know, I just realized that I'll never get a dojo birthday update. :(

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hmm. I've been thinking about how to combat projectile spam, since my timing is so shitty with it. It may be that I turn to the Mother kids. Trouble with them is that dang recovery. Online, at least. Also - I am not so great with either of them, lucas in particular.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh God.

I just figured out how to suicide with people as Ganondorf.

I NOW HAVE A NEW MAIN.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TacofiendTacofiend Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Joshua368 wrote: »
    You know, I just realized that I'll never get a dojo birthday update. :(

Don't feel bad. Mine was like the Hidden parts in Stage Builder.

Tacofiend on
    realkirby.jpg
    I reside in Northern Kentucky.
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    forty wrote: »
    It's more useful for recovery
    Oh. I've never tried that. All this time I thought Diddy's recovery was just average. D:
    If you don't press B, it becomes a "latch on" grab. It doesnt work in the early or late frames of the animation, so be careful.
    Maybe this is my problem. I almost never get it to work. I know about the kick thing, but I don't get much use out of that (probably because I suck). So you use it to edge guard spike?

Something else to think about...

His side be can be used before a jump, before the second jump, or at the end of a second jump, and is great for messing someone up. It's also a good mid air attack because it comes at your opponent from such an unusual angle.

One thing I'll often do when toying with someone is jump towards them, side b away from them and then either rush at them as they attack or make a THIRD jump towards them again. The jump kick in general is a pretty good attack just for how quickly it comes out and it seems to have an ok priority as well.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    And mine was fuckin' spectator mode.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Who will brawl on this fine day?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh God.

I just figured out how to suicide with people as Ganondorf.

I NOW HAVE A NEW MAIN.

Is this the side B when trying to go back to the ledge?

If so, then yes, it is glorious.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
This discussion has been closed.