Options

Please lock mods.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Arde wrote: »
    Oh God.

I just figured out how to suicide with people as Ganondorf.

I NOW HAVE A NEW MAIN.

Is this the side B when trying to go back to the ledge?

If so, then yes, it is glorious.

Well I used to play Kirby all the time for his instant throw death of joy.

But yet, now I know his side B of death.

Love it!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It really puts the fear on anyone trying to edgehog or edgeguard Ganon, especially if Ganon has one stock more than the other guy. :)

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I really like to use Sonic and Jigglypuff as my mains but I'm a rape machine with Lucas. I was playing against my girlfriend over the weekend, and she is generally a pretty good Smash opponent, but in a 5 stock battle with no items I took her out without even dying once. Guess I should probably switch to Lucas as my main :P

seems like Luca's twig (or whatever) has significantly less power then Ness' bat.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, well ... a bat being more powerful than a stick is ... pretty reasonable, especially since Lucas is ridiculous in every other capacity, his up smash is absurd.

EDIT: Got BOTP'd, who wants to Brawl?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    meh the up smash isn't all that useful in practice, the exit lag on it is enough for a few characters to one-shot you if you miss (powerful smashers, like Olimar and Ike)

it's a good mind game play, though, and very good on some stages where the platforms make it very conducive to controlling the gamespace

EDIT: also, I think it's an edgeguard if you can time it well enough? Lucas has such a ridiculous edge game though, it's not like he needs even more edgeguards :P

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, 'in practice' it is difficult to use, but it's not like you're at a disadvantage in having it - if you see someone make a mistake, you have the capacity to bust out a move that can wreck people ... there are plenty of characters who do not even have that luxury, haha.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    God, Marth is so fucking good.

Elendil on
  • Options
    CaspianXCaspianX Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh God.

I NOW HAVE A NEW MAIN.

Really? You're going to play him just because he has a move that kills both him and you? The fact that he's slow as molasses, nerfed even slower than Melee, and very lacking in exceptional qualities to compensate... that doesn't dissuade you?

Well, then... be my guest. I suppose I can't complain about easy fodder.

There is, I'll admit, one exception to this - timed non-stock matches. Because in those cases, the math totally works in your favor. You lose one point for dying, gain one life for the kill, and they lose one point for dying, making your net result one, since they aren't credited for your kill.

But in stock matches, while a nice bit of control you can leverage if the situation is right, I just don't think this makes up for an otherwise lacking character.

CaspianX on
    sigv2a.gif
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh God.

I NOW HAVE A NEW MAIN.

Hey, MetaHybrid? Never learn this skill.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Glenn565 wrote: »
    Oh God.

I NOW HAVE A NEW MAIN.

Hey, MetaHybrid? Never learn this skill.

Oh, but I must! :twisted:

Also CaspianX is totaly asking for it, but he's so far away, the lag would be brutal. Also he plays Sonic D:

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    CaspianX wrote: »
    Oh God.

I NOW HAVE A NEW MAIN.

Really? You're going to play him just because he has a move that kills both him and you? The fact that he's slow as molasses, nerfed even slower than Melee, and very lacking in exceptional qualities to compensate... that doesn't dissuade you?

Well, then... be my guest. I suppose I can't complain about easy fodder.

There is, I'll admit, one exception to this - timed non-stock matches. Because in those cases, the math totally works in your favor. You lose one point for dying, gain one life for the kill, and they lose one point for dying, making your net result one, since they aren't credited for your kill.

But in stock matches, while a nice bit of control you can leverage if the situation is right, I just don't think this makes up for an otherwise lacking character.
    I wouldn't be so sure they wouldn't get a point for your suicide, it seems really really generous with what counts as a kill vs. a self destruct. It might even just give credit to whomever hit you last even if it was thirty seconds before you died.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh, nerfed? Like, baving a far better up smash now, being able to combo most characters with his side b, his warlock kick in the air taking priority over most smash attacks and killing.

Did I mention nearly all of his moves kill? Like, if you play enough mind games, you can kill people at around 40%?

He's not top tier, but I don't consider him nerfed that badly.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okay, uploaded.

http://crushsiblings.com/stages/id/127

You guys will probably hate it, but whatevs :)

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Someone teach me how to play as Diddy.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Allow me. I'm not a pro, but I can at least go a few round with Munkus and be competitive, for the most part. What aspects do you want to know?

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Allow me. What aspects do you want to know?
    How to rape people.

I mean, I have yet to play with a good Diddy player, so the character still seems retarded to me.

But I know he's a good character. That's what annoys me.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Bananas.

Bananas and cartwheels.

Really though, he is a pretty simple character, but remember the bananas. I like to hit the down-b, jump back and grab the 'naner, chuck it at my opponent/into the general fray, then run in with the cartwheel.

Cartwheel is the key here, as you hit them with it AND pick up the banana you threw at the same time. Then you can throw the banana at them again. His neutral b in the air also does the same thing, so you can banana , air cartwheel, banana, ground cartwheel, etc etc etc.

Kill with forward or back-a in the air.

Someone else can probably do a better job, and I may be completely off base here, but that is what I have done and I rarely loose with Diddy.

Tl;DR- BANANAS

Arch on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well people who do that I immediately pick Snake and projectile spam to death.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Who will Brawl on this beautiful day?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    the way i play diddy is a lot of hit and move type, so lots of cartwheels , lots of face humps if i can hit it. he has some decent kill moves, i get a lot of people with his two handed fist slam, don't know if its f-smash or just tilt. he has good aerials as well

i think i am decent with him but overall suck so take it for what its worth

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Allow me. What aspects do you want to know?
    How to rape people.

I mean, I have yet to play with a good Diddy player, so the character still seems retarded to me.

But I know he's a good character. That's what annoys me.

Basics;

Kill moves are Forward Smash, Down Smash, Forward Air. Forward tilt can kill when close to the side, up air can kill when close to the top, backair can be used to kill but it's your bread-and-butter aerial, so it might be hard to get enough force with diminishing returns.

For approaching the enemy you have two strong options:
    1)the basic one is his dash attack. His dash attack has ALMOST no lag, so you can dash attack and dodge immediately or dash attack and then do whatever smash attack you want. At early %, dash attack + upsmash immediately is good, and has a lot of priority. His upsmash cannot kill, and won't even kill at like 200%+ on people, so feel free to use it for damaging. Later on, dash attack + up tilt. His up tilt is pretty fucking great, its quick and spammable and very useful for popping people up later on (like say Squirtles or Kirby's). Down tilt is mostly annoying mediocre move, early on you can do it and shield+grab to sucker someone into it.

2) BANANAS, probably the most unique thing about Diddy. Down+B. You shouldn't ALWAYS just be spamming this because it will get you into trouble, but whenever you get breathing room you should be popping these out. If you throw them and they hit they do around 3-5% damage, and make people slip. If they run over them, people just slip. This is incredibly annoying for them and incredibly awesome for you, the more they trip the better time you have getting attacks in. Be aware they can pick them up, so again, don't be always spamming them. Know that if you press down+B like a smash attack they will be created and launched farther upwards and away, some people know that as a "smash banana". Sometimes you can turn around when someone is rushing you and spit out some bananas to trip them up. You can have 2 out at a time. They are an incredible projectile.

Aerials... You should probably learn how to shorthop + reverse air if you don't know already, that is change your direction right before jumping and then do your back air to attack. His back air has almost no lag when you land, is pretty decent and quick. It's a great attack. His forward air has the launching power though, be sure to save it if you want to kill with that instead.

With Diddy Kong, I don't think many of your kills will be simply knocking people away unless you're fighting Jiggly or Pit or something. You really need to learn how to edgehog and edgeguard, going after people is pretty critical and Diddy Kong can pretty much recover from anything.

When recovering, USE YOUR SIDE+B. After that, if it's necessary, use your up+B.

His up+B you can charge and steer, you should almost never use it uncharged unless you're dropping off a ledge and up+Bing to spike/stall. Yes, his up+B can spike if people are directly below the barrels. A lot of players like to drop off the ledge when someone is trying to recover and spam his up+B until someone gets near in hopes of spiking them with barrel blast, it's pretty hilarious.

Diddy has 3 spikes, all of them are cool. One is the aforementioned barrel spike, his down aerial is an incredible spike as it's quick and easy to aim once you practice a bit. His other spike is once you latch onto someone in midair with his side+B, you press up on control stick and spring jump off their head, sending them downwards and you upwards. It's really sweet and fun to pull off.

His throws are quick and he has decent grab range. His forward throw can actually kill at higher %, use this to get people off stages so you can pursue and try to gimp kill them. Against Ike this is especially hilarious, around 70% or higher you can throw someone off a ledge and if you play it right he has very little chance of recovery. Simply go after him with another back-air, grab onto the ledge, and play it by ear; if he tries to side+B, jump out infront of him and take the hit -- it will make him freefall. If he waits, go after him with another back-air and he pretty much can't recover. It's pretty easy to gimp-kill Ike.

As a note, Diddy struggles killing people vertically, so I think his worst map is probably Shadow Moses -- you'll definitely want to break the walls if at all possible. His only up killing moves are his up tilt (it has more launch power than his upsmash, no joke, his upsmash is for building damage and has great priority -- try dash attacking + up smash or just dash + upsmash, but never use it to kill it won't work) and his up aerial at high% and altitude). A positive thing is bananas seem pretty great on shadow moses.
    Uh, if anything else comes to mind I'll edit it in.

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    AbsurdistAbsurdist Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone have all 544 trophies? I've got like 538, and still need Amy (Sonic), Blue Alloy, Jyk, Tabuu (Wings), Pokey Statue, and Galleon (Tank Mode).

Absurdist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Nice games YesnoMu. You seem to have a bit of bad luck with bombs.

Also Samus's reach with her foward smash is just so pitiful. I was also tripping way to much in those matches.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Arch wrote: »
    Cartwheel is the key here, as you hit them with it AND pick up the banana you threw at the same time. Then you can throw the banana at them again. His neutral b in the air also does the same thing, so you can banana , air cartwheel, banana, ground cartwheel, etc etc etc.
    I'm confused. I thought neutral B was the peanut gun. I might be completely wrong though since I pretty much stay away from Diddy. Whenever I play with him I just stick to A moves, botch his up+B recovery, and die.

forty on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nice games Meta! I have to get to class.

I think I'm learning to cope with our lag better. (Either that or I just got lucky with the items.) Your Ganondorf is still a crazy rapist, though.

I loved that Yoshi duel, where we just tossed eggs at each other at the beginning.

EDIT: Ugg, yeah. Those damned Bob-ombs!

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    forty wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    I'm confused. I thought neutral B was the peanut gun. I might be completely wrong though since I pretty much stay away from Diddy. Whenever I play with him I just stick to A moves, botch his up+B recovery, and die.

He probably means neutral A, as his neutral A in the air is an aerial cartwheel. He's right, but you can use anything like that (aerial moves) to catch a banana in mid-air. I recommend simply air-dodging, as that picks up bananas/items as well.

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    YesNoMu wrote: »
    Nice games Meta! I have to get to class.

I think I'm learning to cope with our lag better. (Either that or I just got lucky with the items.) Your Ganondorf is still a crazy rapist, though.

I loved that Yoshi duel, where we just tossed eggs at each other at the beginning.

Your Yoshi and Lucario are not easy to fight either. Kept on getting stuck in your jab attacks and air combat with Lucario, and kept on falling for your samsh attacks with Yoshi. I think I'll have to work on all my characters a bit more.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yo homies.

I'm hosting a tournament over at Crush Siblings and I want you all to join. It's mainly intended for Midwestern players so we can try to cut down on lag but I'll accept players from other regions too. I'm planning on allowing the first 16 people who sign up to get in but if there's high demand we can bump it up to 32 or something. If you're interested, check out the thread I made for it over at CS and sign up!

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ain't nobody to brawl today. Pit arrows almost got me today. Donkey Kong ain't so good against those things.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well, I finally cleared the 100-man with everybody. Took about an hour and a half. Now I just have Classic mode and the Boss Battle challenges to complete.

Stupid pride won't let me use the hammers for anything.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am going to try to be online soon.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I like side-Bing pit when he uses those fucking wings to try to save himself at 150%.

Asshole.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Heh, I play pseudo-juggernaut characters, if I am playing someone and they get to 150% damage, then I blame myself, not their recovery.

(I also have a dangerous obsession with spiking)

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Yo homies.

I'm hosting a tournament over at Crush Siblings and I want you all to join. It's mainly intended for Midwestern players so we can try to cut down on lag but I'll accept players from other regions too. I'm planning on allowing the first 16 people who sign up to get in but if there's high demand we can bump it up to 32 or something. If you're interested, check out the thread I made for it over at CS and sign up!

...how do you 1v1 online? I thought it auto-added CPU players.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I like side-Bing pit when he uses those fucking wings to try to save himself at 150%.

Asshole.
    You can hit him with anything to kill him during that move.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

Asshole.

Are you sure?

Are you positive the Side B doesn't catch him?

Maybe my friend just ended the move when I grabbed him then.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Yo homies.

...how do you 1v1 online? I thought it auto-added CPU players.
    Not in With Friends matches.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

Asshole.

Are you sure?

Are you positive the Side B doesn't catch him?

Maybe my friend just ended the move when I grabbed him then.
    No, I mean if Pit gets hit by anything during his up B and he's not over the stage or very close to the edge, he's fucked. You're not suiciding him when he does that, are you?

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    No, I am.

G-dorf's side B is pretty much a suicide in the air.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    NORNOR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    NOR wrote: »
    Apparently Ganondorf's forward air has a sweet spot. It's likely an exaggeration, but it's been claimed to kill MK at 50% off of the side.

What do you mean by off of the side? From what I can tell, it's not really a sweetspot like Zeldas or Captain Falcon's -- it's just that the fist does more than his arm. It will do around 17% if hit with fist and knock farther, 14% otherwise and not too far, but substantial.

His forward air is just monstrous and MK is really light and depending on where and what stage he was hit, I'd believe that.

Not only does his fist do more damage than his arm, but the power (knock-back if you will) of either increases the later in the animation the attack connects.

I've seen this in effect, but never bothered to actually check out what was happening. Anyway, the "effect" that I've seen is sometimes utterly retarded knock-back against shielding opponents, pushing them something like a 6th to a 4th of the way across final destination, allowing me to land safely, and other times they go barely anywhere and just shield grab you.

Keep in mind I'm just going off hearsay of this, while I have seen things that could lead me to believe this is true, I don't have access to the game to actually check (and I dunno when I will have access to the game again... :()

NOR on
    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
This discussion has been closed.