Options

Please lock mods.

• Options
    ElKaboomElKaboom Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Well, I finally cleared the 100-man with everybody. Took about an hour and a half. Now I just have Classic mode and the Boss Battle challenges to complete.

Stupid pride won't let me use the hammers for anything.
    You got all the stickers?!D:

That's the only thing I have left and I've just stopped trying.

ElKaboom on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ElKaboom wrote: »
    Well, I finally cleared the 100-man with everybody. Took about an hour and a half. Now I just have Classic mode and the Boss Battle challenges to complete.

I hammered both of those things. I have 630-ish stickers right now, and I nearly never get new ones. It's annoying.

Elendil on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    anyone on the east coast ichin for a brawl?

My likes are Samus, Zelda and long walks on the beach.

My dislikes are Sonic's Final Smash and items in general.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'll play you, Aumni. What's your code?

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    3222 5290 6947

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So how do you break Dedede's chain throw? Goddamn shit is annoying.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    If I was a dick I'd say cancel it.

If I wasn't I'd say the timing is incredibly annoying if the person knows what he/she is doing.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    How do you do Dedede's chain throw??

Could you do it against the AI and see what it does to counter it?

forty on
  • Options
    NORNOR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    forty wrote: »
    How do you do Dedede's chain throw??

Could you do it against the AI and see what it does to counter it?

Grab, down throw, dash, shield, grab, down throw, repeat

The key here it to cancel the shield animation with the grab so you get a sort of a sliding grab instead of a shield.

The AI doesn't counter it as far as I know.

NOR on
    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Good matches. Gonna say "BAH" to your bowsercides and that freakin fish though!

Aumni on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    My only experience of playing smash is against level 9 CPUs. Trouble is it doesn't really warrant as practice because you can do things against them a player wouldn't fall for.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nice matches, Aumni! I have to go to dinner now.

That match as Bowser was awesome! I was so close to kamikaze'ing you that third time!

And yeah, that fish blows.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So the dojo update today serves as a decent checklist. How long until Sakurai quits doing those?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So the dojo update today serves as a decent checklist. How long until Sakurai quits doing those?
    One week, according to the Dojo.

forty on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Huh. Y'know, until I saw today's replay it didn't even occur to me that you could tackle the Target Smashes co-op...

Not that I would have wanted to or anything, but they destroyed Level 4 with Pikachu and Ice Climbers -- six seconds!

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    When it comes to DeDeDe's chain grab, I occasionally just stay on the ground after being thrown initially. It often throws them off guard. Most of the time, however, I try to tech and roll away as fast as possible. According to Tel, it wasn't working to some extent. I never really found it that big of a deal though. The only problem is if you're on a stage that you can walk off of (which usually isn't really that often anyways).
    Elendil wrote: »
    ElKaboom wrote: »

I hammered both of those things. I have 630-ish stickers right now, and I nearly never get new ones. It's annoying.
    I get like ONE new one per hour of sticker factory...I just stopped because it was pointless. If this luck keeps up, that's 14 hours of sticker factory to go. I'll just take my chances on getting them in random Brawls for the rest of my life.

ElKaboom on
  • Options
    NomadNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aumni wrote: »
    anyone on the east coast ichin for a brawl?

My likes are Samus, Zelda and long walks on the beach.

My dislikes are Sonic's Final Smash and items in general.

I'll play you now if you're still ready to go.

Nomad on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    NOR wrote: »
    The worst thing they did in the game, to me personally, was adding FLUDD to Mario. I really wish, if they HAD to add it, it'd been as an item anyone could use. Why couldn't Luigi get Poltergust like I'd wanted, and give Mario's tornado some stars and call it Galaxy?

Does anyone have any good advice on using FLUDD? Because it is just not working its way into my arsenal, and I feel gimped after SSBM's Mario. I know it's supposed to be good to keep people from recovering to the stage, but it just never seems to work out that well for me. Not to mention having to aim it upwards, since Down + B, which activates it, seems to more often than not cause a downwards blast, losing half your water on the floor...

God. I wish this had DLC just so they might give me a Melee-styled Mario, if nothing else.

Mario's tornado was (mostly) useless junk in melee and Luigi's tornado was awesome. I find it no surprise at all that those moves have/haven't been changed in the ways that they have.

At least Mario's down B is useful for something now, you can stop some recovery moves in their tracks as well as push free fallers out of range for an edge grab. And Luigi's tornado went from good to just nuts.

I don't know about that, Mario's Tornado was good for me. If they powered it to Luigi's old level, that'd be cool. Still makes less sense to me that Luigi gets it, since it's more a Mario-type move with Galaxy.

As for FLUDD, I've already highlighted the problems I've got with it, and stopping guys from getting near doesn't usually work out too well.
    Tacofiend wrote: »
    Joshua368 wrote: »
    You know, I just realized that I'll never get a dojo birthday update. :(

Don't feel bad. Mine was like the Hidden parts in Stage Builder.

I never even got a birthday update. :(

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The worst thing they did in the game, to me personally, was adding FLUDD to Mario. I really wish, if they HAD to add it, it'd been as an item anyone could use. Why couldn't Luigi get Poltergust like I'd wanted, and give Mario's tornado some stars and call it Galaxy?

Does anyone have any good advice on using FLUDD? Because it is just not working its way into my arsenal, and I feel gimped after SSBM's Mario. I know it's supposed to be good to keep people from recovering to the stage, but it just never seems to work out that well for me. Not to mention having to aim it upwards, since Down + B, which activates it, seems to more often than not cause a downwards blast, losing half your water on the floor...

God. I wish this had DLC just so they might give me a Melee-styled Mario, if nothing else.

Mario's tornado was (mostly) useless junk in melee and Luigi's tornado was awesome. I find it no surprise at all that those moves have/haven't been changed in the ways that they have.

At least Mario's down B is useful for something now, you can stop some recovery moves in their tracks as well as push free fallers out of range for an edge grab. And Luigi's tornado went from good to just nuts.

I don't know about that, Mario's Tornado was good for me. If they powered it to Luigi's old level, that'd be cool. Still makes less sense to me that Luigi gets it, since it's more a Mario-type move with Galaxy.

As for FLUDD, I've already highlighted the problems I've got with it, and stopping guys from getting near doesn't usually work out too well.
    :(

Yeah how do people use Mario's FLUDD exactly? My roommate uses Mario as his number 4 or 5 but he never uses the FLUDD. Any ideas?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone want to get some games going?

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    NORNOR Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Yeah how do people use Mario's FLUDD exactly? My roommate uses Mario as his number 4 or 5 but he never uses the FLUDD. Any ideas?

It'll snuff a few characrers side Bs when used for recovery, meaning it keeps them from actually going anywhere in the air (this is most easily seen against Ike's side B), it's also capable of pushing free falling characters (those unable to act after using their recovery move of choice) far enough away from the ledge that they cannot grab it. It's worth noting that the moves knock-back is heavily reduced when Mario isn't standing on the ground.

NOR on
    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Sure. Items or no?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    FynathFynath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm up for a couple games.

Fynath on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah I can only do a few matches for the moment, I am about to go out and throw the frisbee with my roommate. Let's hit a few up real quick.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Sure. Items or no?

Either, I don't care if items are on or not, lol.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Added both of you, and room's up.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah I can only do a few matches for the moment, I am about to go out and throw the frisbee with my roommate. Let's hit a few up real quick.
    Fynath wrote: »
    I'm up for a couple games.

Added both you guys.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone up for a Brawl?

EDIT: HAI GUYZ

EDIT 2: I'm so glad I got Falco. I LOVE Falco. (I hate falco)

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Anyone up for a Brawl?

I'm up for some games.

Nomad on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Anyone up for a Brawl?

Nomad wrote: »
    Anyone up for a Brawl?

I'm up for some games.

Added you guys.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bedigunz wrote: »

It'll snuff a few characrers side Bs when used for recovery, meaning it keeps them from actually going anywhere in the air (this is most easily seen against Ike's side B), it's also capable of pushing free falling characters (those unable to act after using their recovery move of choice) far enough away from the ledge that they cannot grab it. It's worth noting that the moves knock-back is heavily reduced when Mario isn't standing on the ground.

The move feels like it takes too long, though. I can use it to some effect in training, but when they're actually pushing back, it doesn't seem to work as well.

jack eddy wrote: View Post
    LBD_Nytetrayn wrote: View Post
    One of the worst things in Brawl is that you can get these multiples of trophies and CDs and stickers, and not be able to DO anything with them. Why not let us trade them online?
    We can get multiples of cd's?

I was not aware of this information...

You can't. The trophy for the CDs says so.[/quote]

Then something's wrong somewhere, because I've gotten CDs without getting any new songs added to my list.

Still doesn't change matters on trophies, though.

And speaking of getting multiples on trophies, since they've gone to the trouble of making each form of a character iits own trophy to be earned seperately, I wish that you could get trophies in the color scheme you beat the mode in.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Anyone up for a Brawl?

Anyone up for a Brawl?

I'm up for some games.

Added you guys.

I tried to join your game 4 times, and each time I was disconnected from the network. I'm beginning to think our brawl is not meant to be.

Nomad on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I tried to join your game 4 times, and each time I was disconnected from the network. I'm beginning to think our brawl is not meant to be.

Yeah I tried joining yours several times.

I really hate Nintendo WFC.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    KIRBYDORF IS AWESOME.

BOW BEFORE HIM.

RedMageDarion on
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Suicide with 0%.

Pitiful of me. Also Kirby killing with the Warlock punch is the coolest thing.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Must...Brawl...before...class.

WILL NO ONE OPPOSE ME?!

ElKaboom on
  • Options
    ProcessOfBeliefProcessOfBelief Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Before, i used to look down upon Jigglypuff as a weakling.

That was before i found out that his rest move actually did damage and was not just a joke.

Now, JigglyPuff is the eater of souls.

ProcessOfBelief on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nah, Jigglypuff is still retarded, even with Rest.

On a happier note, I have made a custom stage titled Garbage Disposal. It is sweet, I think.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'ma add a couple of you guys then throw another room up.

Nomad, Blackheart, ElKaboom all added

RedMageDarion on
  • Options
    DardraxDardrax Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone up for some foightin'?
    russ_south_park.gif

Dardrax on
This discussion has been closed.