• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That game looks awesome.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I like Wolverine's look in the game. Looks classic but gets rid of all the less realistic flourishes like spiky boots and big shoulder pads.

Lux on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Web of Shadows does look really good

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Emma Frost in Wolverine confirmed by Jackman, apparently.

devoir on
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    Emma Frost in Wolverine confirmed by Jackman, apparently.

o_O

Ecko on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BET is making a Black Panther cartoon and I must say I love the look of it so far.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1513658585?bctid=1690279286

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    BET is making a Black Panther cartoon and I must say I love the look of it so far.

Do you have the eyes of an insane person?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

It looks more like a Flash comic than a TV show. But I'd still give it a shot.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    You give shots like an insane person!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    You give shots like an insane person!

Well that's why I practice medicine out of my van now.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That Black Panther cartoon looks like it belongs on Newgrounds

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MK vs DC... why were all the DC characters just flailing their arms? I know its MK, but they look so awkward when they fight.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Possibly.

Accualt on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Possibly.

It wouldn't be nearly as gross if you'd stop carrying them around in a little case.

[/Hot Shots]

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh my god, that trailer is so awful.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't know where else to put this, but I just read an interview with Sam Jackson, and I have to say, is there a cooler actor in Hollywood?
    Nick Fury character to be more than just an Iron Man cameo.

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to making that character a bit more integral, in terms of the other stories that are happening."

Jackson went on to say that he wants Fury to appear in Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, and obviously The Avengers.

"Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, and hopefully the big one [The Avengers] that's coming in 2011, when they put everybody together."

Iron Man 2 opens on April 30th, 2010, followed by Thor on June 4th, 2010, followed by Captain America on May 6th, 2011, and then The Avengers in July of 2011.

I mean, this guy just seems like the biggest geek there is in Hollywood, somehow getting in good with Anime, Comics, Quieten Tarintino crowd, STAR WARS, Snakes on a plane, not to mention cooler, indie stuff.

It's just something I thought was cool and wanted to mention.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fallingman wrote: »
    MK vs DC... why were all the DC characters just flailing their arms? I know its MK, but they look so awkward when they fight.
    Especially obvious with Superman. Maybe they were trying to go for the whole "he's so strong he doesn't need to use his upper body to punch" but it just makes him look like a windmill.

Glal on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So the Black Panther is a budget flash cartoon, eh.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dude, it's BET. I'm surprised Black Panther isn't voiced by Big Tigger.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    I don't know where else to put this, but I just read an interview with Sam Jackson, and I have to say, is there a cooler actor in Hollywood?
    Nick Fury character to be more than just an Iron Man cameo.

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to making that character a bit more integral, in terms of the other stories that are happening."

Jackson went on to say that he wants Fury to appear in Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, and obviously The Avengers.

"Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, and hopefully the big one [The Avengers] that's coming in 2011, when they put everybody together."

Iron Man 2 opens on April 30th, 2010, followed by Thor on June 4th, 2010, followed by Captain America on May 6th, 2011, and then The Avengers in July of 2011.

I mean, this guy just seems like the biggest geek there is in Hollywood, somehow getting in good with Anime, Comics, Quieten Tarintino crowd, STAR WARS, Snakes on a plane, not to mention cooler, indie stuff.

It's just something I thought was cool and wanted to mention.

Hah. All those serious roles? Just so he could get bank and reputation, then use those to appear in every geek property on the market.

In decades to come, basement dwellers will speak in fervent whispers of the Most Awesomeness Badass Mother Samuel L. Jackson. He will become a religion that eclipses that of Star Trek.

Wait, that's one thing he hasn't been in. Someone should place bets on how many years it takes for him to appear in Star Trek in some form.

devoir on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Are they really getting a wrester to play Thor? Say it aint so....

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thor hasn't been cast yet

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think they should combine the Thor and Ant-Man movies. Hear me out.

It starts with Thor, sort of like the ultimate version. Sure, he has powers and can fly, but so can a lot of people, so does that mean he's really a god? Of course, Thor insists he is, but he might just be drunk a lot. Eventually the property damage from his 'adventures' gets a little out of hand, and the city starts to have it out for him.

Meanwhile, an experimental Ant-Man suit has gone missing, and Eric O'Grady is on the run. After escaping SHIELD, he uses his newfound power to sneak into the ladies locker room and steal a Nintendo Wii. He bumps into Thor, who is trying to restore the cities faith in him by maybe not being so drunk all the time, but everyone still wants him out. O'Grady 'believes' Thor about being a god, because he has a really big hammer, and the two escape the city.

The two then go on a hilarious road-trip adventure throughout America, meeting all sorts of C list Marvel characters, and eventually, just maybe, learn a little something about themselves.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It sounds like Hancock meets Dude Where's My Car.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That'd be pretty cool, actually, if done right. It might end up being corny (in a bad way)

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    In decades to come, basement dwellers will speak in fervent whispers of the Most Awesomeness Badass Mother Samuel L. Jackson. He will become a religion that eclipses that of Star Trek.

Wait, that's one thing he hasn't been in. Someone should place bets on how many years it takes for him to appear in Star Trek in some form.

To be fair, no one knows anything about this upcoming Trek movie.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2008
    that was one rumor, yeah

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Am I the only one who thinks that may be kind of a silly idea? So far the Marvel Universe created in the movies have been (Yep, I'm really about to type this) pretty grounded in reality in a sci-fi kind of way. But I think adding elements of Magic, and Norse Mythology, and this whole other world may not play right.

Maybe it's just me, but when I see characters like Uatu the Watcher, Thor and his group of Gods, Dr. Strange, and that crazy Demon dude in the marvel universe, it seems to kind of stifle the enjoyment for me.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    You can't have a universe so thoroughly founded on timeless stories like Marvel has always been without magic and gods.

The problem is that most depictions of magic in comics and everywhere else *cough*RPGs*cough* is mediocre to bad.

Thor is a distinct exception. But only because Lee and Kirby took the myth and said, "Fuck this. We can do better." And then you get Fraction going back to those stories and creating some really amazing work so far.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh, another question.

Is the new Wolverine Movie taking place in the movie Universe Marvel is starting? Or are all the x-men in the same boat as Spider-man, owned by other companies.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The latter I believe

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, the X-Men stuff is all Fox, same with the Fantastic Four. They're apparently trying to build a whole universe just for the X-Men movies now.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Am I the only one who thinks that may be kind of a silly idea? So far the Marvel Universe created in the movies have been (Yep, I'm really about to type this) pretty grounded in reality in a sci-fi kind of way. But I think adding elements of Magic, and Norse Mythology, and this whole other world may not play right.

Maybe it's just me, but when I see characters like Uatu the Watcher, Thor and his group of Gods, Dr. Strange, and that crazy Demon dude in the marvel universe, it seems to kind of stifle the enjoyment for me.

no magic or demons in marvel movies aside from all the blade movies, ghost rider, and elektra.

i mean, i'm not arguing that those are the best of the marvel movies, but they do have magic and demons. they're also based on severely c-list characters, so i think with a heavy-hitter like thor they could really do something interesting.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm just concerned that if they start playing up that there are these super-human gods running around, it's going to make people like Iron Man and Captain America seem kind of uhm...

small time?

(for the record I'm not trying to like, harp on marvel for making thor, I'm just trying to wrap my head continuity and such)

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm just concerned that if they start playing up that there are these super-human gods running around, it's going to make people like Iron Man and Captain America seem kind of uhm...

small time?

(for the record I'm not trying to like, harp on marvel for making thor, I'm just trying to wrap my head continuity and such)

why? does it make them seem small time in the comics? because that's exactly what happens there. the most powerful character in the room isn't automatically the best-loved or most interesting character in the room.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, regardless of power levels, Batman's still the coolest cat around in movie town.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Right, but in the comics you have years upon years to build on these characters, back stories, villians, relationships, and so on. Years!

In the movie universe being created we have roughly 2 hours each per character (Four for Iron Man) and I'm concerned introducing this entire new plane of existance to a relatively believeable world we have in the movies are going to cause audiences to give a "Alright, sure, okay..."

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Right, but in the comics you have years upon years to build on these characters, back stories, villians, relationships, and so on. Years!

In the movie universe being created we have roughly 2 hours each per character (Four for Iron Man) and I'm concerned introducing this entire new plane of existance to a relatively believeable world we have in the movies are going to cause audiences to give a "Alright, sure, okay..."

i dunno why that would be. the movie is a comic book flick called "thor". i don't think people are going to be expecting a story about a nebbish accountant finding love and learning to laugh again.

here's the thing- these aren't new characters. these are the cherry-picked versions of the comic book versions, groomed especially to have all the relevant details about them in their movies. there's a solo thor movie before avengers. why wouldn't that be enough to set him up as a "believable" comic book movie character? what's SOOOO crazy about thor that he couldn't hang out with the shrinking man, the walking tank, the super-soldier, and the big green mutating monster?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Did anyone get the feeling from that cameo in Hulk that the Avengers movie is going to follow the original reason for the formation of the Avengers?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.