As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Account permissions issue

KismetKismet Registered User regular
My friend is having an account issue, and I have tried the steps in the sticky and then some, so I am making a post here about it now.

Account name: teh emit

Problem: Any time he tries to do anything, he gets the message:
teh emit, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

His account previously worked fine, but now he gets the quoted message any time he attempts to create a new thread, reply to an existing thread, pm, or change his own user options.

He has sent an e-mail to to forumadmin@penny-arcade.com and not received a reply for more than a week, so I thought I would check in here.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Kismet on

• Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    FWIT, he doesn't show up on this member's list where he should (I was looking for infractions / banhammer). However when you search / pm, 'teh emit' is a choice.

Satan. on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    It must have gone into my spam, I've not had anything.

Tube on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    I activated his account and changed his name to The Emit because for fuck's sake.

Tube on
  • Options
    KismetKismet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    He'll deal with it.

Kismet on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think the forums just did him a favour.

They are becoming self-aware..

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    "Account Permissions Issues" seems like an appropriate-enough titled thread to post the following comments:

As someone who was recently banned (now unbanned), I noticed a few things

1 - I could still report threads
    2 - I was unable to see this "Forum Administration" section, but when signed out, it was readily visible. Weird permissions set there.

Also a couple other things, but I can't remember them offhand; will let you know if they come back to me.

Squashua on