As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Primaries: Democralypse Now!

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Speaker wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Has she confessed her hatred of America yet?
    Yes, just before she tore off her shirt to reveal an suicide bomber vest

I was hoping that you were gonna go in a whole 'nuther direction on that one.

Jackie O, indeed.

Get out of my head.

Sorry.
    No, I'm not.
    :winky:
    Sal wrote: »
    How did Colbert go?

He told her that she was attractive and sang to her in order to get Barack to become jealous and come on the show to confront him. Michelle said that her husband had a better voice. Colbert blamed rocking out with John Legend last night on his poor showing.

It wasn't the Jane Fonda interview, but it was something.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Hillary is an honorary Pennsylvania wastelander by virtue of the fact that she's old and losing.

I think that about sums it up.

Man.

Perfect.

Speaker on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hillary is an honorary Pennsylvania wastelander by virtue of the fact that she's old and losing.

And drinking heavily.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dogs and cats, living together! Total Pandemonium!
    Cling to Obama's shoes and he'll lead us through the chaos.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Also, I think Texans, on average, hate Mexicans a little less than the rest of the southern peoples, by virtue of intense exposure. Immigration was the only issue Bush had any good ideas about.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    HembotHembot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Harrier wrote: »
    Dogs and cats, living together! Total Pandemonium!
    Cling to Obama's shoes and he'll lead us through the chaos.

I hope he avoids walking in the grass. Dog poo can spring out of nowhere.

Hembot on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Also, I think Texans, on average, hate Mexicans a little less than the rest of the southern peoples, by virtue of intense exposure. Immigration was the only issue Bush had any good ideas about.

That's because Texans secretly are Mexicans.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    moniker wrote: »

That's because Texans secretly are Mexicans.
    Really, I think a huge part of it is that Mexican food is just so damn tasty.

Harrier on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

And drinking heavily.

And bitterly.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Obama Surges on Electability, Challenges Clinton on Leadership
    Barack Obama has knocked down one of the three tent poles of Hillary Clinton's campaign for president, surging ahead of her as the candidate Democrats see as most likely to win in November. He's challenging her on leadership as well, leaving only experience as a clear Clinton advantage in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll.

On the eve of their debate before the Pennsylvania primary next week, Democrats by a 2-1 margin, 62-31 percent, now see Obama as better able to win in November -- a dramatic turn from February, when Clinton held a scant 5-point edge on this measure, and more so from last fall, when she crushed her opponents on electability.

The poll finds other pronounced problems for Clinton. Among all Americans, 58 percent now say she's not honest and not trustworthy, 16 points higher than in a precampaign poll two years ago. Obama beats her head-to-head on this attribute by a 23-point margin.

The number of Americans who see Clinton unfavorably overall has risen to a record high in ABC/Post polling, 54 percent -- up 14 points since January. Obama's unfavorable score has reached a new high as well, up 9 points, but to a lower 39 percent.

There are other strong signs of the toll of the long Democratic campaign. The number of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents who describe the tone of the contest as "mostly negative" has risen by 14 points since February, from 27 percent then to 41 percent now. Those who say so mainly blame Clinton over Obama, by nearly a 4-1 margin, 52 percent to 14 percent. (An additional 25 percent blame both equally.)

In a similar result, half of Democrats say their candidates are "arguing about things that really aren't that important" rather than discussing real issues.

Speaker on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate the experience argument. Clinton really doesn't have an advantage over Obama there.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh God, it's like after a weekend of dark clouds the sky has broken open and shat rainbows down. So many wonderful sets of favorable numbers!

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh, I think she does.

It's like she has more experience driving a car than he does.

My problem is that she wants to take it to a liquor store and then smash through the guardrail off a cliff.

Speaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh God, it's like after a weekend of dark clouds the sky has broken open and shat rainbows down. So many wonderful sets of favorable numbers!

Yeah.

It's totally going to make Obama losing by eight points in Pennsylvania a huge victory by Clinton.

Speaker on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate the experience argument. Clinton really doesn't have an advantage over Obama there.

Dude, where have you been? She fucked a President. That totally gives her experience necessary to be CIC on Day 1™.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh, I think she does.

It's like she has more experience driving a car than he does.

My problem is that she wants to take it to a liquor store and then smash through the guardrail off a cliff.

But she'll get us to that liquor store and cliff BETTER!
    Because all that matters ever is "experience".

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    LionLion Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think the experience thing is one part name recognition and another part putting much more emphasis on the duties of first lady than is actually there.

Lion on
    PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Dude, where have you been? She fucked a President. That totally gives her experience necessary to be CIC on Day 1â„¢.

HEY- I think we can all safely agree that she has never fucked a President. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that there's an offspring of that horrible union campaigning for her right now, I'd say he's never set foot near her special place.

Tach on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Dude, where have you been? She fucked a President. That totally gives her experience necessary to be CIC on Day 1™.

Arkansas is seeded with potential Presidents.

It's a harvest of leadership.

billclinton.jpg

Speaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Yeah.

It's totally going to make Obama losing by eight points in Pennsylvania a huge victory by Clinton.
    Depending on his debate performance tomorrow, and whether either Clinton steps in something... I dunno. The polls have all tightened. Obama could pull it out.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Yeah.

Depending on his debate performance tomorrow, and whether either Clinton steps in something... I dunno. The polls have all tightened. Obama could pull it out.

That way lays madness.

Speaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Dude, where have you been? She fucked a President. That totally gives her experience necessary to be CIC on Day 1â„¢.

Arkansas is seeded with potential Presidents.

It's a harvest of leadership.

billclinton.jpg

Did you use an image rotator? Because I swear the picture changed 3? times.

Lion on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I went back and forth before settling.

Speaker on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Regardless that picture is bloody perfect. Good Job.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Bill Clinton: Father of the Nation?

Bill%20Clinton%20in%20Esquire.jpg

Speaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Awesome. I'd thought it was a rotator and was wondering how someone could have picked so many appropriate pictures. They just kept getting better.

Lion on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2008

Nice.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    chaosbearchaosbear Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So tonight my father-in-law called to inform me that he will be supporting Senator Obama for president. My conservative, Hispanic, Vietnam vet, Texan father-in-law will be supporting Senator Obama for president.

He told me his goal is to get forty of his friends to donate to Obama's campaign and to hand Texas to him in the general. This is a man that voted for McCain in the primary and seemed eager to do so again in the general. When I asked him what had changed, he told me that when Senator Obama talked about small-towns, he did so without pandering and without being patronizing. When he heard McCain's rebuttal, he realized he was listening to a man that would say anything to get elected. He also quite enjoyed Obama's speech on race.

Anyway, my father-in-law will be voting for Obama.

(no one can see it but I am doing my happy dance right now)

chaosbear on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rejoice.

Virtue is occasionally rewarded.
    With tortuously slow victories

Speaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Posting this so I can feel like I'm actually contributing to the thread:

From TampaBay.com
    Clinton dismissed the suggestion that she had snubbed Florida primary voters by signing an oath not to campaign in the state, which ran afoul of DNC rules by holding its primary Jan. 29. Only four states are allowed to hold elections earlier than Feb. 5.

"Apparently voters didn't think so. When you look, we had more than a million people turn out than turned out previously," she said.

"They followed it, they were avidly interested in it, and they wanted their votes to count. Otherwise people would have just blown it off. That is not what happened."

I'm from Florida and this is total bullshit. The main reason people showed up to vote was because of property tax proposals to put off rapeage. This also happened on January 29 which is prime snowbird season and part time residents were going to get superfucked by a lot of the "remedies".

Lion on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bill Clinton: Father of the Nation?

Bill%20Clinton%20in%20Esquire.jpg
    That has to be on purpose.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Mexico: our one worthy opponent.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    chaosbear wrote: »
    So tonight my father-in-law called to inform me that he will be supporting Senator Obama for president. My conservative, Hispanic, Vietnam vet, Texan father-in-law will be supporting Senator Obama for president.

He told me his goal is to get forty of his friends to donate to Obama's campaign and to hand Texas to him in the general. This is a man that voted for McCain in the primary and seemed eager to do so again in the general. When I asked him what had changed, he told me that when Senator Obama talked about small-towns, he did so without pandering and without being patronizing. When he heard McCain's rebuttal, he realized he was listening to a man that would say anything to get elected. He also quite enjoyed Obama's speech on race.

Anyway, my father-in-law will be voting for Obama.

(no one can see it but I am doing my happy dance right now)

:^:

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

fixed

Well shit.

*hands over the geek card*

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wow, that last question was sort of out of left field.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008

That was pretty good.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I've watched the Baracky video more times than is healthy.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, it turns out all that straight talk bullshit McCain did way back when just left him woefully under prepared to be the pandering politician he needs to be to win as the republican nominee. His squirming and dodging on Hardball was just awful.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Just_Bri_Thanks on
This discussion has been closed.