Options

Bands at PAX Discussion Thread

14567810»

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Are we going to bring back the mc chris hate or can we move on to more positive things like the One Ups love?

Can't we just do both, moe?

Really though, one of the main reasons I'm going this year is for the music. I really have been wanting to get some face time with some other nerdcore artists, and this is pretty much the place :P

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Re: Jonathan Coulton. Didn't know who he was last year, so I skipped his concert (though heard a BIT of it on the Ventrilo server in PC freeplay). I jumped on the bandwagon when I first heard Code Monkey in a youtube video somebody sent me (seen below).

Then of course there was "Still Alive" but that came later (I love the song, and glad they put it in Rock Band). I still like Code Monkey better. It hits home in a way, and I always think of this video when I hear it.

What other epic songs of his do I need to hear? I've heard a handful of really good ones.

Code Monkey Video somebody made that was pretty impressive:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Wy7gRGgeA

...somebody was streaming the concerts over vent? XD

Kyouteki on
  • Options
    WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    As I read this topic, I'm listening through Bossa de Link. Sweet jazz...yeah, the One Ups deserve much love.

Winyder on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Winyder wrote: »
    As I read this topic, I'm listening through Bossa de Link. Sweet jazz...yeah, the One Ups deserve much love.

agreed, definitely my favorite of the bunch. I need to by some CD's this year and get them signed. 8-)

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    Kyouteki wrote: »
    The concerts are broadcast over vent to the BYOC and PC Freeplay network so people in there can listen to the music too.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The concerts are broadcast over vent to the BYOC and PC Freeplay network so people in there can listen to the music too.

I BELIEVE this was started at the second PAX, although it could have been the first or third. But yeah, I was practicing for the World in Conflict tournament while JC was up on stage.

What I also didn't mention is that there is usually a huge projector in the PC room so that you can see the stage as well. Basically it's the next best thing to being there, cause you can see and hear it live, and still game.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I BELIEVE this was started at the second PAX, although it could have been the first or third. But yeah, I was practicing for the World in Conflict tournament while JC was up on stage.

What I also didn't mention is that there is usually a huge projector in the PC room so that you can see the stage as well. Basically it's the next best thing to being there, cause you can see and hear it live, and still game.

I still feel like a dick for flaking out on you guys for that tournament.

I swear I didn't mean to :(

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was kinda hoping they would have projector setup in there as well so they can watch the concert live too, that would be awesome

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    AvidAvid Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey attendees, I just put up my interview with Liz E. from Freezepop performing on the 29th at PAX.
    Some of the questions she answered w/ info right from her site but some of the info is new. Check it out.

Full interview here.

Avid on
This discussion has been closed.