Options

Bands at PAX Discussion Thread

• Options
    HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=54749

Mentioned around page 10.

ALRIGHT PEOPLE MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE! ESPECIALLY NOW THAT I'M ABOUT TO BEAT SOMEONE UP WITH A NIGHTSTICK.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Cancelled cause he would rather play a show in Reno instead. But he's not a douche, reallly...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=3028498&blogID=415320305

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    But he's not a douche, reallly...

Still sucks big time. This was the only concert I really wanted to see.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lame.

I really enjoy his Adult Swim work.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MC Who?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    MC Who?

He's the "Press A bitch, this ain't a cut scene!" guy.

This is all I know by him anyway

LewieP on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    HotSake wrote: »
    MC Who?

He's the "Press A bitch, this ain't a cut scene!" guy.
    lol, i remember watching that live.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    MustinMustin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, that sucks about mc chris.

The OneUps are definitely not bailing on PAX! We've come up with a whole new show and are debuting our new album at PAX.

Still working on a few surprises too... We hope you'll come see the show!

Mustin on
  • Options
    AvidAvid Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Can't wait to see you guys perform Mustin.

But seriously to everyone on here if you think MC Chris is all there is to look forward to you guys are nuts.

Avid on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    but to some of us (me included) he was a big part of the musical experience for pax.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    All I'm going to say about mc chris is this...

When I went to go see him at Dante's last year, one of the people in attendance was wearing a Star Trek uniform. Like all professionally stitched and everything.

His trying to get away from being associated with that... yeah... good luck buddy. You won't have any of our support.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    AvidAvid Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    One of the members of Darkest of the Hillside Thickets posted about pax in his live journal blog.

http://talentlessclod.livejournal.com/214322.html
    .....arguably most important show, PAX. Why so important? Well, we hear tale that the producers of Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero will be there and what would be cooler than some official Rock Band/Guitar Hero tracks to virtually rock out to!?!

Avid on
  • Options
    GSpeezyGSpeezy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mustin wrote: »

The OneUps are definitely not bailing on PAX! We've come up with a whole new show and are debuting our new album at PAX.

I will be there with my camera at the ready! :D

GSpeezy on
    All rights reversed; prosecutors will be violated.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2008
    I will be there grooving out

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have heard nothing but goodness about The OneUps, I'll be there.

LewieP on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sounds like The OneUps are going to be making their show twice as awesome to make up for MC Chris dropping out.

So Khoo are you going to find a new act to replace Chris or are the current acts for whatever night he was gonna play get a longer set?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mustin wrote: »

Mustin, man, I'm DigitalArcanist on your forums, and I'm going to be first in line to get Volume 2. Seriously, your show was the highlight of PAX last year. All of you, pay respects to the man and his crew.

As for mc chris, meh, whatever. I used to think he was the best of the Nerdcore rappers, but honestly he jumped his shark with Dungeon Master of Ceremonies. Nothing I've heard him do since has had that same zing to it; it's obvious he's trying to be more than "nerdcore", but it just doesn't work for me. Also, I went to a show of his awhile back, and it was awful. Tiny venue with no AC, about 120deg inside, 30-60 minute waits between the acts, the room was filled with annoying angsty teens that were only there to lol at the pot jokes, and mc himself seemed off-form. Best part of that show was Futuristic Sex Robotz opening it up, but they're not really for everyone.

Houn on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just wish they would have some of the other washington talent play, like beefy and ultraklystron.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man let's just get Daft Punk to show up and be done with it. 2 robots and a laser light show, nothing more nerdy than that.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Why not Presidents of the United States of America... nerdy... AND located in Seattle... perfect.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Because I would shit myself all over the theater if they actually played PAX and the enforcers don't want to have to clean up that mess.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure PA already has a backup ready for this kind of situation.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Why not Presidents of the United States of America... nerdy... AND located in Seattle... perfect.

Man I hadn't heard them in forever.

redhalo on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Seriously though, I'm pretty sure PA already has a backup ready for this kind of situation.

Light the Khoo Signal!

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Can the backup be The Megas?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

Forever? Fuck, I was listening to them today.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have some news regarding Freezepop, courtesy of their website. They have obviously stated they will be playing at PAX (8/29) which seems like they're in the Friday night concert, but they are also playing Saturday night down at El Corazon. Tickets are mad cheap, so if anybody wants an encore performance or for some reason can't go Friday night, there ya go. I just figured it was worth a mention, doesn't look like anybody else posted about it yet.
    Saturday, August 30 - Seattle, WA, at El Corazon, 109 eastlake ave. east. doors at 8. $10 in advance, $12 day of show. all ages, bar with ID.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Because I would shit myself all over the theater if they actually played PAX and the enforcers don't want to have to clean up that mess.

I hear dat... there would be twice as much shit covering the floor. But like just imagine Khoo, or like Gabe and Tycho coming out on stage. Telling everyone that mc chris won't be able to perform, and like they say "Well we had to just go get a local group... I think they had like a minor hit back in the 90's. Well here they are..." Then the curtains yank open and all of the sudden they just break into 'Lump'....

Besides if Harmonix gave E3 The fuckin' Who... we should ATLEAST get the Presidents.

Yeah... my pants would take on a nice brown hue.
    redhalo wrote: »

Well they just released an album like eariler this year I think called 'These Are The Good Times People'. Go get it... it's crazy awesome.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Presidents put on an amazing concert. I had the extreme fortune to snag a Staff pass when they played a benefit show at Central Washington University about 2 years ago. So much enthusiasm, totally epic show.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Riggz13 wrote: »
    I'm with the guys who were saying let's bring in Dethklok. They had a song on Guitar Hero, that qualified Freezepop. I'll sign a death waiver any day.

I just saw Dethklok in Philadelphia a few weeks ago. It was so amazing. They played animated music videos while they jammed, and it was just so hardcore. I loved it. The music video for Murmaider is the greatest thing I've seen in ages.

PLEASE bring Dethklok to PAX!

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Optimus is playing in Washington the thursday before PAX. Maybe they'll stay around a couple days.
    One can hope, eh?

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I thought they broke up?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I have some news regarding Freezepop, courtesy of their website. They have obviously stated they will be playing at PAX (8/29) which seems like they're in the Friday night concert, but they are also playing Saturday night down at El Corazon. Tickets are mad cheap, so if anybody wants an encore performance or for some reason can't go Friday night, there ya go. I just figured it was worth a mention, doesn't look like anybody else posted about it yet.
    Saturday, August 30 - Seattle, WA, at El Corazon, 109 eastlake ave. east. doors at 8. $10 in advance, $12 day of show. all ages, bar with ID.

El Corazon, eh? Seems odd for them.

Dragonforce just played there last month.
    I thought they broke up?

They must've kissed and made up.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I thought they broke up?

They went and did solo stuff, but on their site it shows them down for a show on the 28th.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dragonforce played El Corazon last month? I remember them being here for the Mayhem Fest a couple weeks ago but thats it.

Dethlkok played here last month though, not sure if they would come back so soon but it would be badass.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Crawford wrote: »
    I thought they broke up?

They went and did solo stuff, but on their site it shows them down for a show on the 28th.

I'll take credit for originally stating that on page 9, in response to Big Red saying they broke up. See post #218 :)

Nobody responded, I figured you were just all in shock.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I thought they broke up?

I'll take credit for originally stating that on page 9, in response to Big Red saying they broke up. See post #218 :)

It was our understanding that Optimus broke up actually.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there an official list posted anywhere yet?

magiic on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I thought they broke up?

It was our understanding that Optimus broke up actually.

I realized he said that. I'm still puzzled why they are playing a show the night before, unless the post on their website is old...

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Dragonforce played El Corazon last month? I remember them being here for the Mayhem Fest a couple weeks ago but thats it.

Dethlkok played here last month though, not sure if they would come back so soon but it would be badass.

Yeah, it was a myspace secret show.

Didn't know about it until the day after.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Optimus Rhyme is playing with MC Frontalot and the Goondocks on August 28th at 9 at High Dive Seattle per
    their site.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
This discussion has been closed.