As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

where did my frames go?

wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done?Registered User regular
okay, something weird is going on with my system.

I have an X2 4400+ and a 7800GT runnign 2GB of DDR400 ram.

I did a re-install of vista a couple weeks ago, haven't played any games on it yet, haven't really had time to. Fired up 3dmark06 today, my score was 538, yes, 538. now I know my system is no spring chicken, but there is no way in fuck my score should be that low. I've run that same benchmark on this same system with vista before and my score wasn't that low.

so I went and Fired up CS: S, because I know that on the video stress test on that I used to get about 130fps on vista, that I remember for a fact, fire that up, run that, average speed of 9.62fps.

I'm running the latest nVidia drivers, there is no sign that the video card has been damaged, but I'm not sure, and I don't have another card to try.

Please tell my wtf is wrong with my system, I dunno what it could be.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
wunderbar on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I figured it out all by myself, when I did the re-install of Vista I pulled my computer apart to give it a proper dusting/cleaning, and I forgot to plug the 6-pin power connector back into the 7800GT. Not having enough power would definitely do it. Feel free to lock this thread.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar