As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Evil is Resident for the 4th time...(April 10th interview)

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    They're retreading a lot of old RE4 style haunts.
    I wouldn't have it any other way.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, this is going to be all sorts of awesome.

By the way...
    Is Ada going to be in the game? Seeing that she's the one that stole the plagas sample and all.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    They're retreading a lot of old RE4 style animations

That 'ow my knee got shot OK now I'm better' animation annoys me quite a bit

Iriah on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, those new enemies are fucking gross.
    Some of them kind of look like Plagas. Like, the giant thing that came out of the dude in a black and white scene? That looked like it could be some Plaga mutant or something. And I could have sworn that one of the scenes had something coming out of a dude's mouth as opposed to splitting it open.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic.

If anything they have emphasised pretty much everything that people cited as reasons to accuse it of being racist, or 'edgy'.

"I knew it from the moment I arrived. There's no reason here. No humanity."

I thought, "haha, WOW."

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »

By the way...
    Is Ada going to be in the game? Seeing that she's the one that stole the plagas sample and all.

I'm sure that
    Ada and Wesker and co. will show up...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If there's a secret underground base, someone at Capcom is going to die.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Htown wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic.

If anything they have emphasised pretty much everything that people cited as reasons to accuse it of being racist, or 'edgy'.

Haha, yeah this made me laugh pretty hard too. It looks awesome though. I wish they'd just give us zombies though, and make it more scary.

I understand everyone thought the regenerators were scary so shh. I know. You all know what I mean.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Legacy wrote: »

By the way...

I'm sure that
    Ada and Wesker and co. will show up...

I'm curious as to why saying you think so and so will show up in the game is a spoiler?It is just speculation.o_O

Also those are some crazy good details on the trailer . Something that hasn't really made much sense to me is why Chris is in Africa in the first place , did he track a rogue umbrella employee there? Is Wesker there ? Did they steal his bike? ( bad joke , I know) I am also disappointed in the lack of sweet sexy Jill goodness.That said the trailer just makes me more anxious to know the big picture regarding the setting of the game.

Also I wonder if there is going to be a timed self destruction sequence at the end of the game? Its not resident evil without one of those.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I was being sarcastic.

Haha, yeah this made me laugh pretty hard too. It looks awesome though. I wish they'd just give us zombies though, and make it more scary.

I understand everyone thought the regenerators were scary so shh. I know. You all know what I mean.
    Regenerators were about as scary as the bugs the second and third time you see them.

By which I mean not in the least.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Goomba wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic.

Regenerators were about as scary as the bugs the second and third time you see them.

But they have, like, teeth and stuff.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Pancake wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic.

But they have, like, teeth and stuff.
    And I have a shotgun with, like, 100 shells and stuff!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Pfft, shotguns.

Use the rifle like a real man!

Grenades work really well too.

Really though, the scariest moment in that game is Mercernaries mode in the Water world. Fuck that fucker with twin chainblades.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It would be kind of nice if Chris could actually fire his weapons when he's calmly walking backwards at about .00001 feet/sec.

Looks nice, though.

Tzen on
  • Options
    bakatrinhbakatrinh Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Holy Fucking Shit! This game looks amazing. I loved RE4 to death, can't wait for this one.

bakatrinh on
    bakatrinh.png
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Did anyone else see the white Las Plagas zombies? Guess they listened to the outrage.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I was being sarcastic.

I thought, "haha, WOW."

Yeah.. the political commentary is extremely obvious but I think that's the point. An RE game making a statement about current happenings isn't new, but it's never been this blatant. I like it.

Urian on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    On one hand: Cool, gameplay looks awesome. Those things coming out of the zombies' mouths? The bus flipping towards you? Shooting masses of zombies with a shotgun? Totally awesome. All big plus signs in my book.

On the other... Yikes, social commentary indeed.

I'll be picking it up when it comes out, but, uhm, I might make sure there's noone else in the shop when I do so, lest I get dirty looks for buying "the racist game". :p

Legba on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Meh. I don't actually think it's racist.

No one cared when a white guy was shooting Spaniards.

The media will have a bitch fit about it, but that's only because they are MAKING it a big deal. Your sidekick can shoot black people, and she's pretty much black. Is that racist?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Black people can not get shot, it is a fact.

Also,this game will be the best game ever and I don't care about whatever race the enemies are.
    They have crazy tentacle monsters inside them and their mouths open into leech mouths and shit. When stuff like that happens,I shoot bullets at it until it dies and don't think "This is RACIST!"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

The media will have a bitch fit about it, but that's only because they are MAKING it a big deal. Your sidekick can shoot black people, and she's pretty much black. Is that racist?

pretty much black? yeah that's kinda racist, lol just kidding

this game is looking so awesome!!

sharky t on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Well, those new enemies are fucking gross.
    Some of them kind of look like Plagas. Like, the giant thing that came out of the dude in a black and white scene? That looked like it could be some Plaga mutant or something. And I could have sworn that one of the scenes had something coming out of a dude's mouth as opposed to splitting it open.

Yes they are. This game is a continuation of the story from RE4.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Your sidekick can shoot black people, and she's pretty much black. Is that racist?

I wish I had a screen cap of the end of the southpark episode where they were debating changing the flag.

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    sharky t wrote: »

pretty much black? yeah that's kinda racist, lol just kidding

I lold :P

All I am getting at is that I don't believe there is a racism issue here. I don't think anyone here does either, but the media is going to cause such a shit storm over this when it comes out.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Pancake wrote: »
    So watching videos from RE5 and reading about it more has made me realize just how much I detest everything about RE4.

I already didn't like RE4, but everything about it is repulsive.

because you are a las plagas host right

i can understand that

Nuzak on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    that trailer was fucking awesome

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Seriously, is racism still an issue?

I thought we were way pass that now.

Still, new trailer is fucking awesome. That chainsaw looks expacially badass.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Spanish people are white.

Couscous on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    titmouse wrote: »

Tell that to the neighbourhood bigot.

Legba on
  • Options
    MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It looks like a next gen RE4.
    This is not a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all. :D
    Like all the other residents though, there is no way in heck I'm playing this alone or at night. At least the first time through.

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
  • Options
    CliffjumperCliffjumper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    titmouse wrote: »

:|

Anyway, I guess I don't see the world in black and white, I see it in awesome and not-awesome.

And that trailer?

That's awesome.

Cliffjumper on
    WarbotPromo-1-1-2.jpg

The Transformers Fandom: Consistantly bitching about something or another since 1984.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/03/28/warbot_001/ - "WARBOT In Accounting"
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If anything it's not racist enough for my liking.

LewieP on
  • Options
    CliffjumperCliffjumper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The "stereotyping" of hispanic people as humble pigfarmers who were slaughtered by the mighty Johnny Foreigner in no way offended me.

Indeed, comments like "te voy a hacer picadillo!" (I'm gonna make mincemeat/make kebabs/ake a pleasant tapas dish out of you...can't really translate it directly into English) and "que carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Largate cabrón!" (what the fuck you doing here? get the fuck out of here motherfucker!) amused me to no end.

It was like being in on the best joke ever as I blew up their respective heads with my Killer-7.

Cliffjumper on
    WarbotPromo-1-1-2.jpg

The Transformers Fandom: Consistantly bitching about something or another since 1984.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/03/28/warbot_001/ - "WARBOT In Accounting"
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Your sidekick can shoot black people, and she's pretty much black. Is that racist?

What do you mean by "pretty much black"? Is she supposed to be multiracial or something?

I ask because I don't know anything about the character.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm stoked. The mouth tentacle plaga shit seems pretty freaky, and I'm not liking that huge mob D:

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Airan wrote: »
    I'm stoked. The mouth tentacle plaga shit seems pretty freaky, and I'm not liking that huge mob D:

You get an assault rifle and a wicked punch this time though so I guessed that it all evens out.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think people are being a bit OTT in how they're picking on N'gai Croals comments here. What's particularly funny are the comments calling him a racist just for looking at the trailer in that light.

There was actually a really good write-up I found about the kind of imagery he was talking about about. I'd suggest reading it if you want to understand just what imagery he was thinking of:

http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2008/04/race-and-resident-evil-5-trailer.html

What he's talking about is largely the history of such imagery and how emotive that is. Whether you actually agree with that assessment, or whether or not we should have left such sentiments behind by now, is a different issue. I can at least understand his comments and the feeling behind them though. Really I think he's catching too much flack for what he said.

subedii on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Went back a few pages, I've always wondered... in RE4, is it possible to die from
    Oven man? He's all burning and shit but I never did try to get close to him. Too scared D:

You get an assault rifle and a wicked punch this time though so I guessed that it all evens out.

Yeah that punch was brutal. It's almost like Chris turned into Wesker, with a super punch that flung humans away like flies.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Went back a few pages, I've always wondered... in RE4, is it possible to die from
    Oven man? He's all burning and shit but I never did try to get close to him. Too scared D:

Yeah that punch was brutal. It's almost like Chris turned into Wesker, with a super punch that flung humans away like flies.

FAAALLLCCOOOONNN.... PUNCH!

subedii on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    subedii wrote: »
    I think people are being a bit OTT in how they're picking on N'gai Croals comments here. What's particularly funny are the comments calling him a racist just for looking at the trailer in that light.

There was actually a really good write-up I found about the kind of imagery he was talking about about. I'd suggest reading it if you want to understand just what imagery he was thinking of:

http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2008/04/race-and-resident-evil-5-trailer.html

What he's talking about is largely the history of such imagery and how emotive that is. Whether you actually agree with that assessment, or whether or not we should have left such sentiments behind by now, is a different issue. I can at least understand his comments and the feeling behind them though. Really I think he's catching too much flack for what he said.

Yeah, but it looks racist if you take it out of the context of the game.

The context being that the Plagas make people go batshit insane.

Antihippy on