As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Horde PvP,Obsidian Spur,Sargeras: Recruiting!

• Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    [STG]Bean wrote: »
    Manifest wrote: »
    Briareos wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    'ello all. I'm a WoW newbie, and with all the fun I had playing City of Heroes with PA I figured I'd try and hookup with a PA guild.

Is there any way I can get into OS? I'll admit to being a complete newbie with only a couple hours of play under my belt if that makes a difference. Still trying out the different classes, but Warrior and Hunter seem to be my favorites so far.

Good thing you're not an SE++er or you'd be chased off within days.

Jesus. Even if we assume that you were treated unfairly, could you guys possibly harp on it more? Just leave them be in their alleged unfairitudiness.

Nah, I'd rather warn new people as to what they're getting into.

Mani, I'm sorry you didn't get on with the guild, but I don't appreciate you coming into OS's lone PA thread and stirring up trouble with potential new members.

If new people don't like how OS does things, they can leave, or stir up trouble and be kicked. But "warning people off" just comes off as you wanting to tell other people that you think the folks in OS are dicks. Which is something anyone who cares to read back a few pages will realize anyway.

Can't you find another thread in which to aggravate people?

You don't appreciate it?
    Well I don't appreciate being led to believe that the OS wasn't the sort of guild where retards were kicking people out over petty grudges.
    I'm bitter that I paid for a transfer, and put in weeks of time leveling up, to ultimately be left with having to choose between a friend I invited over to play, and the guild that kicked him out because of his reputation.

Manifest, nobody led you to believe anything, noone actively recruited you or told you to transfer to Sargeras. We have a fairly decent sized guild that works for a lot of people, I'm sorry you weren't one of those people. Frankly, if you and Borfase hadn't made such a big drama out of things, it probably would have been sorted out to everyone's satisfaction.

As to the supposed tension or bias against SE++ people, that just makes me laugh. We've had SE++ people or lurkers in the guild and have had since the foundation of the guild. We just try and keep a tighter rein on guild chat than SE++ does in the forums, in addition, we like NEW people to take it easier before starting with the cocksdickslol just so they establish some relationships and don't spam the crap out of people who have no idea who they are.

All we've ever tried to do is maintain a guild atmosphere that the majority of people can have fun in. New people from PA are always welcome to try us out and hopefully they'll look past your obvious antipathy.

I'm calling bullshit dog.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    tsplitter wrote: »
    Borfase wrote: »
    seriously

name one person on this entire message board who isnt or has never been a dick at least once in his/her life

Me.

oh snaps

Oh shit I guess I better ban Borfase for not being serious m i rite?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    You and Borfase made no attempt to work with us. I said I was going to talk with the officers and see what I can do, and Borfase insisted all just sayings we're dicks. And I did do just that, and they're not entirely willing to work with you two when you're just calling us douchebags or whatever in the two guild threads here.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    You and Borfase made no attempt to work with us. I said I was going to talk with the officers and see what I can do, and Borfase insisted all just sayings we're dicks. And I did do just that, and they're not entirely willing to work with you two when you're just calling us douchebags or whatever in the two guild threads here.

To be fair, I didn't say shit about this until Borfase had been given the "we officers decided it was best for you to leave" routine. But can you blame him for being pissed? Getting kicked with "you're annoying" as the reason would piss anyone off. How can you expect him to obediently await a decision from people who had just treated him so poorly?
    And really, I have nothing personal against you specifically. As far as I'm concerned you're as cool as they come, it's just a shame that a few people with personal grudges were able to ruin this.
    Whatever, I'm dropping it. I'll help Borfase form a new guild so we've at least got people to group with, and move on.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    so um

Alliance is gay

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    so um

Alliance is gay

Just the ones who camp Tarren Mill.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    so um

Alliance is gay

I hate it when they kill all the humans at the farm so you cant do the quests then kill you

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    so um

Alliance is gay

I hate it when they kill all the humans at the farm so you cant do the quests then kill you

The other day they'd killed every quest giver and the flight master in TM.
    My main was a Nelf hunter, and I never understood the hatred people have for them until I started leveling a hordie.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    so um

Alliance is gay

The other day they'd killed every quest giver and the flight master in TM.
    My main was a Nelf hunter, and I never understood the hatred people have for them until I started leveling a hordie.
    Everytime I see those big floppy ears and that big dumb face I get ready to unleash Wiggles.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I understand the hatred for both sides for all forms of griefing which occur on both sides. Goddamn pvp servers(though the flight master thing still works everywhere)

Honestly, flight masters ought to be unkillable.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I tried to work with you. :(

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    I understand the hatred for both sides for all forms of griefing which occur on both sides. Goddamn pvp servers(though the flight master thing still works everywhere)

Honestly, flight masters ought to be unkillable.

Agreed. There's nothing more frustrating than seeing the gank sqaud coming your way, and knowing that you have no escape.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    There's only so much I can do as a single officer. In the end, it was a majority decision.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

You can join our refugee guild. I'll get the charter tonight after work.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's a shame OBSIDIAN SPUR SUCKS is taken.

You can be the minions of Karf, though.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Actually, I'm the guild owner of "We are better than OS"

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Rentilius wrote: »

There are a ton of anti-OS guild names available. Even though you hold like 50 of them, there are still lots of combinations like "OS sucks murlock dong" and "OS is for queers and steers"

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Karf wrote: »

There are a ton of anti-OS guild names available. Even though you hold like 50 of them, there are still lots of combinations like "OS sucks murlock dong" and "OS is for queers and steers"

Who are the asshole guilds on Sargeras?
    I know on Dark Iron we've got Everlasting Vendetta, Endlessly Known, Thrust, Peekay, etc, but I don't know who the jerks are on Sargeras yet.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wish you guys had kept the asshole guilds. Just last night I got ganked several times in the caverns of time by TKT.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait, soo, what the heck going on here?

Anyway, I mostly lurk, however, I could use some sweet sweet PA Guild lovin.

Anyone mind pm'ing me a few officer names so I can hit you guys up when I get home? Or a website?

Oh, and for the record, I've had this game for a month, so, I'm still green as fuck, but, I have a 22 Belf Pally and a 22 Belf hunter on Sargeras(OMG ORIGINALITY!!)., and I'm more then open to a little coaching/suggestions.

So anyway, lemme know.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait, soo, what the heck going on here?

Anyway, I mostly lurk, however, I could use some sweet sweet PA Guild lovin.

Anyone mind pm'ing me a few officer names so I can hit you guys up when I get home? Or a website?

Oh, and for the record, I've had this game for a month, so, I'm still green as fuck, but, I have a 22 Belf Pally and a 22 Belf hunter on Sargeras(OMG ORIGINALITY!!)., and I'm more then open to a little coaching/suggestions.

So anyway, lemme know.

Go check the forums at www DOT obsidianspur DOT com and scan the recruitment board. You can post an application in there.

Other than that, just do a /who obsidian spur next time you're playing, send a whisper to someone whose name sounds cool to you, and they'll direct you to an officer.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    OR YOUR DOOM MUWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHa *cough* ahahahahaaaaaa good times :D

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I know on Dark Iron we've got Everlasting Vendetta, Endlessly Known, Thrust, Peekay, etc, but I don't know who the jerks are on Sargeras yet.

I don't really know, as I just stay as far away from raiding guilds and raids as much as I can. My cousin was in EV for a few months on Dark Iron, and he can confirm that they are, indeed, assholes.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait...

We're assholes.

What are you saying, Karf?

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Wait...

We're assholes.

What are you saying, Karf?

You people are dicks and should be purged off this planet. What I'm saying is that when Jesus comes back on his cloud of glory, he won't even leave you guys behind to rot on this dying rock for 50 years in darkness. Instead, he'll personally torment your souls for all eternity..... either that, or his assistant "Ricky" will do it. Don't let the name fool you, Ricky is one tough cookie.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sadly enough, my time screwing around with the different classes tells me that I really like Hunters and Paladins, and since the walking cows hold no appeal to me it looks like I'm gonna have to scrounge up 40 bucks for BC so that I can play a Blood Elf.

I know, not the height of originality, but it's better than being Alliance.

Snake Gandhi on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sadly enough, my time screwing around with the different classes tells me that I really like Hunters and Paladins, and since the walking cows hold no appeal to me it looks like I'm gonna have to scrounge up 40 bucks for BC so that I can play a Blood Elf.

Nothings wrong with playing a Blood Elf. They have awesome racials. Also, sex.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Orcs and Trolls can both be hunters, and they're fucking badical. (P.S. get BC anyway, because Ghostlands is so much better than The Barrens.)

Also, <Fuck You Sarukun> was taken so our refugee guild is <The Lemon Party>.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Alas, Chewy Walrus Productions didn't last as long as I had hoped it would.
    But it was a glorious month while it lasted.

One of the best times I ever had was on Twylight in DTB.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007

Orcs and Trolls can both be hunters, and they're fucking badical. (P.S. get BC anyway, because Ghostlands is so much better than The Barrens.)

I like Channel Six Action News better.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Borfase wrote: »

I like Channel Six Action News better.

Too bad dickface.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Hmm, forgot about Orcs and Trolls...

What kind of weapon do the get, bows or guns? I probably wont get BC till monday, an Orc/Troll Hunter could give me something to do till then.

Snake Gandhi on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Hmm, forgot about Orcs and Trolls...

What kind of weapon do the get, bows or guns? I probably wont get BC till monday, an Orc/Troll Hunter could give me something to do till then.

You can use bows, guns, and crossbows on any hunter, although I think trolls get a racial bonus towards bows.
    Personally, I think orc hunters rock balls.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    (P.S. get BC anyway, because Ghostlands is so much better than The Barrens.)

Oh good God Yes. 12-21 just flew by in GL.
    Personally, I think orc hunters rock balls.

Also True.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Divine Vigilance, Pugger Stompers, Noob Slayers. Those are the Alliance guilds I hated the most. I don't know if the last two survived the expansion.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Pugger Stompers is still around. I think DV and a bunch of other guilds formed a super guild named Eminence or some stuff. I dunno, I tend to not follow realm politics.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Briareos wrote: »

Divine Vigilance, Pugger Stompers, Noob Slayers. Those are the Alliance guilds I hated the most. I don't know if the last two survived the expansion.

Ive seen some L A W running around too. I hate those guys

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ya Im pretty sure we are the assholes. Proof'd

http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Sargeras_US

The most notable of the new ones is perhaps Ugrimi, formerly of Obsidian Spur and currently in Team eXecute. Ugrimi was already renowned for constantly spamming both the Molten Core and Blackwing Lair general chats with utter nonsense and seemed to take this experience with him to the forums. One of Ugrimi's favorite manuevers on the forums is to hijack every single thread on the main page so all the threads say the last post was created by Ugrimi. He has applied a great deal of effort to this, sometimes responding literally within seconds of the previous poster to make sure his name was never off the main page.

On Friday, February 17 (2006) the race was over. Lokor wielding the scepter for DV, and Lightbringr for GoDS, the server gathered at the entrance of the massive new dungeons. The server couldn't handle the amount of people that came to watch the event. However, some Horde players did everything they could to promote world PvP and in so doing prevented Lokor from reaching the gong. Team eXecute lead the raid of players who used AoE to not only kill Lokor, but to lag the server long enough for it to crash. There were about 20 Kalimdor crashes over a period of 3 hours.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wow, we made 2 major paragraphs in Sargeras history.

Brings a tear to your eye.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Eh. Needs more Karf.

Karf on
    sig9.gif