As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FofamitFofamit Registered User regular
edited June 2019 in Help / Advice Forum

Fofamit on

• Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i tried using something like this after one of my keyboard died, it was like a brand new level of hell... i'd pray you never have a job involving typing if i were you, unless its magically easier to transition from this kind of keyboard to the standard kind... which i doubt >_>

also: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109148

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I use a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard that looks similar, and is fantastic. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it rocks.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm going to hop on this one really quick if there are no objections.

Does anyone know of a keyboard with a scroll wheel that works with vista?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm going to hop on this one really quick if there are no objections.

Does anyone know of a keyboard with a scroll wheel that works with vista?

The one I spoke of has a scroll thing, not really a wheel, more of a rubber, push up to go up, push down to scroll down thing.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm going to be in the same situation as the OP soon. I'm going to be building a gaming computer that's permanently hooked up to a TV. I'm looking for a wireless keyboard/mouse to get over the short range of USB cables, but so far all I've tried out has gotten returned for frequent loss and lag. Any suggestions on the wireless/Bluetooth front?

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    FofamitFofamit Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

Fofamit on
  • Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fofamit wrote: »
    ApexMirage wrote: »
    i tried using something like this after one of my keyboard died, it was like a brand new level of hell... i'd pray you never have a job involving typing if i were you, unless its magically easier to transition from this kind of keyboard to the standard kind... which i doubt >_>

also: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109148

That keyboard looks pretty good, oh um I also would like to mention that I am not looking for a wireless keyboard. Oh and um... I am just used to this keyboard layout, I don't really type properly but I manage around 70-80 WPM... not that great I know but oh well.

the link points to a wired keyboard, assuming you were talking about the link in the first place - and i didnt mean to imply there's anything wrong with that layout, its just a matter of being used to it. from experience i've found that its perticularly hard to adjust.

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Scrublet wrote: »
    I'm going to be in the same situation as the OP soon. I'm going to be building a gaming computer that's permanently hooked up to a TV. I'm looking for a wireless keyboard/mouse to get over the short range of USB cables, but so far all I've tried out has gotten returned for frequent loss and lag. Any suggestions on the wireless/Bluetooth front?

unless the keyboards/mice you bought were like, 5 years ago, there should be no noticable lag in them. Seriously.

The best wireless gaming mouse is the Logitech G7. I'm not sure about keyboards, but you can find a lot of basic keyboards that are wireless.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm going to add my vote for the MS Natural 4000. Most comfortable damn keyboard I've ever used.

Artereis on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I bought a Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5000 Laser. It's a keyboard, mouse and Bluetooth > USB combo. I like the mouse for the most part, but I absolutely hate the keyboard. It would be nice if it worked. It was working, then it quit. I couldn't get it to connect, meanwhile the mouse worked fine. I called tech support, got some guy who I swear was one of the bad guys from Deliverance, who instructed me to uninstall the Logitech software that I downloaded (this is the software that allows all of the Bluetooth functionality to work, as well as all of the pretty LCD display stuff on the keyboard). I did and it worked, unfortunately, I now had no Bluetooth support, so I couldn't get my phone to pair. I re-installed the software. Same thing happened (i.e. the keyboard disconnected and won't re-connect). At this point I'm fed up and have reverted back to my crappy Microsoft wireless keyboard. It's not like there's a lead wall between my keyboard and the Bluetooth receiver, nor is it like 10 miles away. It's a foot if that. So at this point I have paid $150 for a Bluetooth mouse.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Feeling adventurous?

Try a DVORAK keyboard

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sakebomb wrote: »
    Feeling adventurous?

Try a DVORAK keyboard

Fuck that. Seriously. Debate all you want. MAYBE DVORAK is faster. I'll debate it but MAYBE. The fact is, 99% of keyboards are QWERTY and no one gives a fuck about DVORAK. Learn that shit and fail whenever you're not using your own keyboard.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet