Options

[Belts On] The World Ends With You

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zetx wrote: »
    harvest wrote: »
    Want through this wall? Use only Faggot McDickinbuns-brand pins to destroy the noise here.

I can see that happening.
    The secret to those are to just run Neku in circles while you rape with the top screen.

Thank you.

Are you serious that those kinds of wall conditions actually exist? I'm not that far yet :P

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I was all ready to buy this game until I saw that it's 40 bucks. That's fucking pricey for a DS game. Now I'm deciding if I should or not.

It's just money, you'll get more.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's also more or less standard for SE games on both sides of the pond. >_>

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zetx wrote: »
    Want through this wall? Use only Faggot McDickinbuns-brand pins to destroy the noise here.

I can see that happening.
    The secret to those are to just run Neku in circles while you rape with the top screen.

Thank you.

Are you serious that those kinds of wall conditions actually exist? I'm not that far yet :P

I think a condition like that only shows up once, maybe twice, in the game but yeah it exists.

Another time you have to fight a noise battle using only the top screen because they don't give Neku any attack pins.
    Luckly Joshua absolutely rapes at that point with his aerial giga doom shit so no big deal. :lol:

But stuff like that so few and far between.

And seriously all you guys who beat it tell me how open the fucking box on the third game! D:

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Daxon wrote: »
    I beat the game now, had to go down to easy mode for last boss (very very last one). If I didn't have to study for exams I'd have restarted the game to get even more uber but I have no times now D:,

Also, it feels like I cheated by going down to easy mode because it's so DAMN easy. It's like the final boss does 2 damage ever minute or something, hell I even waste all my heals (by accidentally clicking it) and got through with more than 50% left by the end of the boss.

I needed no heals on the final boss due to a lot of regeneration.

And seriously all you guys who beat it tell me how open the fucking box on the third game! D:
    For the first box, just defeat noise to match the pattern
    For the second, defeat all noise of the shown symbol
    For the third, defeat noise in both areas to match the pattern
    I fell back on gamefaqs myself, so feel no shame

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fuck, this or Persona 3 FES...

I want both so bad. This seems like the better game, but you know Atlus, if I don't get P3 soon, it'll disappear forever most likely

Blaaaaah

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Fuck, this or Persona 3 FES...

I want both so bad. This seems like the better game, but you know Atlus, if I don't get P3 soon, it'll disappear forever most likely

Blaaaaah

I'd pick Persona 3 out of the two.
    Partly on story.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'll probably end up getting both somehow... probably by not eating for a few days.

Damn this $40 DS game. About how long did it take you to beat it? Is there any post game stuff to do, or new game+ stuff?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    There's a fair amount of new game+ with missions for secret reports, and a bonus scenario as well.
    Lengthwise? No in-game timer, so I'm not completely sure, but somewhere in the region of 10-15 hours.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, I really want a map with all the locations and shops in what locations and so on.

Then again, I really want to finish the plot since it's pretty neat...

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »
    There's a fair amount of new game+ with missions for secret reports, and a bonus scenario as well.
    Lengthwise? No in-game timer, so I'm not completely sure, but somewhere in the region of 10-15 hours.

If you press L+R at the save screen you'll get your playtime.

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Xagarath on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've just gotten this game and I'm still in the intro, but I noticed that the song on http://theworldendswithyou.com/ is clearly sung by someone else than in the game intro.

Peewi on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've spent roughly 30 hours on this, but it certainly didn't feel that long. That's 30 hours after completing roughly half of the Chapters (secret items/reports), so the actual game took less time. You could say I'm about halfway through my second playthrough. I can pride myself in saying that I didn't have to Easy Mode a single boss.

I enjoyed pretty much everything about this game. The setting, the plot, the characters, the mechanics, it was all great. Even though Beat was a little over the top, it didn't bother me. The Reapers are diverse, the bosses are adequately difficult (fuck you, Hard Minamimoto, fuck you so much) and scanning for Noise is MUCH better than--ugh--random encounters. I can only assume that this is a pretty close geographical representation of Shibuya, which is pretty cool.

Being a stickler for organization, however, I have to say that the items are a bitch to navigate through, but I don't have to change my equipment very often, so that's good. Shame you can't sell stuff, though--I don't really need two copies of a BGM track, but whatever.

One of my favorite aspects of equipment was the fact that they use Bravery as a sort of requirement system. Female clothing has high Bravery requirements, and Shiki has a naturally high Bravery rating. This prevents Neku, Joshua and Beat from wearing girl's clothing--at least until they're brave enough to--but Shiki can wear both male and female clothing whenever she wants. So yeah, you can cross-dress characters, it's awesome. Putting a Black Bikini on Neku was fun.

Like I said, I'm going through the story a second time for the Reports (they're a pretty interesting read if you're into backstory) and for special equipment (I'm gonna get ALL of Pi-Face's equipment for Neku. Obtaining Orichalcum and Dark Matter is a total bitch, though).

That said, any tips on getting Orichalcum/Dark Matter?

Edit: I think the "Bling" when you get an item in-battle is just onomatopoeic--otherwise it's referred to as Swag (which is an infinitely cool term).

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Man I just beat this and wow was that ending something else. Totally unexpectedly awesome.

And holy crap the another day mini-chapter. Just epic.

Anyone who does not own this game is missing out on so much.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I was all ready to buy this game until I saw that it's 40 bucks. That's fucking pricey for a DS game. Now I'm deciding if I should or not.
    You should wait, because you dont want to support the idea that DS games should be sold at that price point

and b)

All of the other SE $40 DS games have been available for much, MUCH cheaper not too long from launch. Its a serious bullshit price point. Just have some patience, and go work on some backlog or something for a few months. I will personally notify anyone that wants it of deals on this if they want. Fuck $40 DS games. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fuck $40 DS games. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    Sir, I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I'm definitely not paying $40 for this, but once it drops down to something reasonable I think I'll give it a go.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seriously. You launch a new IP, and you want it to sell. Therefore, selling it for $5 more than ALL DS games is not the proper approach. Its even slightly more absurd than $40 for more established franchise games, where we can possibly believe that the cost is because you've had to throw in an abnormally large DS cart.

I will absolutely buy this game within the next few months, but I will be paying something along the lines of $20-25. Guarantee it.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I just noticed at the beginning.
    Before you form a pact with Shiki you can see Joshua watching you by the statue and the leave when after you pact.

I wonder if there are any more little things like that..

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just got to my second day with my second partner, and wow have my scores gone down the drain. Shiki had me spoiled, I guess, as I could generally just mash the direction of an enemy and she'd do decent damage and be quick to pass the light puck back while I focused on the lower screen. Not sure if I'm just paying for not developing proper skill and micromanagement earlier on, or if my scores will just magically improve as I get better pins and more stickers as they did with Shiki.

I'm digging the game, though. The beginning didn't grip me at all, but I've warmed up to it since then. Which is interesting to me, as I usually get really frustrated in games when I feel I'm under performing, yet here I am, being lectured by a know-it-all partner that I need to do better after every battle and still having fun.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Dizzen wrote: »
    I just got to my second day with my second partner, and wow have my scores gone down the drain. Shiki had me spoiled, I guess, as I could generally just mash the direction of an enemy and she'd do decent damage and be quick to pass the light puck back while I focused on the lower screen. Not sure if I'm just paying for not developing proper skill and micromanagement earlier on, or if my scores will just magically improve as I get better pins and more stickers as they did with Shiki.

I'm digging the game, though. The beginning didn't grip me at all, but I've warmed up to it since then. Which is interesting to me, as I usually get really frustrated in games when I feel I'm under performing, yet here I am, being lectured by a know-it-all partner that I need to do better after every battle and still having fun.

After they introduced Joshua, Nekku was much less annoying (though that could also be character development).

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Just wait till you get Joshua's aerial attacks. So zetta awesome!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm still pissed that the second Cooking Mama game is like $30 or $35. I remember buying the first for $20 the day it came out. I basically refuse to pay more than $20 for anything...everything goes down eventually. Except for Smash Bros. $35 for a used $20 greatest hits game? Huh?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008

Joshua's single-direction attack is like, two buttons, and for each button he locks onto an enemy and drops something on it when he finishes the string of commands (he can target an enemy multiple times if there aren't enough). You have to learn the other two strings, as they allow him to lock on and rack up damage.

It's definitely an adjustment, as Shiki was plenty potent with by pressing left or right repeatedly. But I'm glad the top screen combat is deeper than that.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Joshua is arguably the best partner in terms of damage (DEATH FROM ABOVE), and he's easier to rack up stars with than Beat (Shiki being the easiest), so you could say he's pretty damn useful. Plus, the Fusion attacks that he initiates are cooler than Shiki's or Beat's. Simple as that.

Yeah, so anyone else got the soundtrack? Is it great or what? Twister and ツイスター are pretty much the best tracks, along with It's So Wonderful. <3

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Beat does more straight damage than Joshua in my experience, and I found myself relying a lot less on fusions later in the game.
    By the final boss, I never needed healing.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    SamuraiRockSamuraiRock Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Damn you people complaining about $40 for a DS game. When FF3DS came out here, it cost $80 AUD!!! (=$74USD!) And don't get me started on fucking 360 and PS3 games.

Anyway, I want this game, but like you except twice as bad, I don't know if I'll want to pay $80 for it.

SamuraiRock on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Damn you people complaining about $40 for a DS game. When FF3DS came out here, it cost $80 AUD!!! (=$74USD!) And don't get me started on fucking 360 and PS3 games.

Anyway, I want this game, but like you except twice as bad, I don't know if I'll want to pay $80 for it.

Yeah, I wish I could get it for just 40 USD too. I bought it for twice that much, which is the price for most new DS games here.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I pay up towards 100 bucks for DS games here at the current exchange rate.

i.e. stop bitching?

Senshi on
  • Options
    Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wait... Beat becomes your partner?

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Beat does more straight damage than Joshua in my experience, and I found myself relying a lot less on fusions later in the game.
    By the final boss, I never needed healing.

Beat is the best for single target damage. Joshua is a lot better at attacking every enemy at once. So I mean they are about the same in terms of damage.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MusanMusan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    We should probably spoiler who the partners are.

Anyways, great game so far, about 2/3's through the first playthrough.

Musan on
  • Options
    maybeccamaybecca Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Musan wrote: »

The order they show up in, maybe, or details about them, but who they are? The manual has a full page describing the combat system for each of them, unless there are more later in the game. I don't see how their names can really be considered spoilers.

maybecca on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    maybecca wrote: »

The order they show up in, maybe, or details about them, but who they are? The manual has a full page describing the combat system for each of them, unless there are more later in the game. I don't see how their names can really be considered spoilers.

Yeah it's only a spoiler if you say HOW they become your partner.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    maybeccamaybecca Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Or what their gender is. Could've been glare on the screen, but I've been wrong twice so far. I'm taking a more proactive stance from now on, and getting my own back on the game by dressing Neku up all pretty to confuse the Reapers. It seems to be working.

maybecca on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Or what their gender is. Could've been glare on the screen, but I've been wrong twice so far. I'm taking a more proactive stance from now on, and getting my own back on the game by dressing Neku up all pretty to confuse the Reapers. It seems to be working.

My end-game Neku had a goth lolita dress, earrings and stiletto heels.
    And pi-face's hat.
    He was virtually unkillable.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

And pi-face's hat.

I think Neku is better in all Pi-Face gear.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2008

And pi-face's hat.

I think Neku is better in all Pi-Face gear.

Does he have double regeneration 3 in all pi-face gear?

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

The only character's gender I wasn't sure about at first was Rhyme.

And compared to you people, I guess I kinda suck at this game. Most of the bosses I had to retry on easy to kill, and the only star I had was for getting all the pigs on Shiki-2.

Peewi on