3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Peewi wrote: »
    maybecca wrote: »
    Musan wrote: »
    We should probably spoiler who the partners are.

Anyways, great game so far, about 2/3's through the first playthrough.

The order they show up in, maybe, or details about them, but who they are? The manual has a full page describing the combat system for each of them, unless there are more later in the game. I don't see how their names can really be considered spoilers.

Yeah it's only a spoiler if you say HOW they become your partner.

Or what their gender is. Could've been glare on the screen, but I've been wrong twice so far. I'm taking a more proactive stance from now on, and getting my own back on the game by dressing Neku up all pretty to confuse the Reapers. It seems to be working.

The only character's gender I wasn't sure about at first was Rhyme.

And compared to you people, I guess I kinda suck at this game. Most of the bosses I had to retry on easy to kill, and the only star I had was for getting all the pigs on Shiki-2.

Well you can't get most of the report stars on the first playthrough.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Musan wrote: »
    We should probably spoiler who the partners are.

Anyways, great game so far, about 2/3's through the first playthrough.

The order they show up in, maybe, or details about them, but who they are? The manual has a full page describing the combat system for each of them, unless there are more later in the game. I don't see how their names can really be considered spoilers.

Yeah it's only a spoiler if you say HOW they become your partner.

Or what their gender is. Could've been glare on the screen, but I've been wrong twice so far. I'm taking a more proactive stance from now on, and getting my own back on the game by dressing Neku up all pretty to confuse the Reapers. It seems to be working.

The only character's gender I wasn't sure about at first was Rhyme.

And compared to you people, I guess I kinda suck at this game. Most of the bosses I had to retry on easy to kill, and the only star I had was for getting all the pigs on Shiki-2.

Well you can't get most of the report stars on the first playthrough.

I figured that much, but it still seems kinda crappy that I only got one.

Peewi on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Isn't Pi-Face's gear mostly geared (ha see what I did there) towards your Partner? The special abilities of the pants and the bandana are for the partner.

Also, after you unlock Ultimate, pretty much everything drops Orichalcum. Getting Dark/Shadow Matter is the hard bit, but there's plenty of it if you feel like grinding Taboo noise. Also, Reaper Beat on Ultimate is not that hard <.<

Bought myself a Scarletite with the Dark Matter I got from there, and unlocked Beat's Level 3 Fusion. It was awesome.

Senshi on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I shouldn't be reading this thread I guess....

But I haven't played it much. I was just wondering how long the game actually is. I'm on day 3.

Also Bestbuy didn't have it, and they didn't have it today either when I was looking for someone else, what the hell? I had to go to gamestop, and it was terrible.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2008
    I shouldn't be reading this thread I guess....

But I haven't played it much. I was just wondering how long the game actually is. I'm on day 3.

Also Bestbuy didn't have it, and they didn't have it today either when I was looking for someone else, what the hell? I had to go to gamestop, and it was terrible.
    So far I've heard the main storyline is about 15 hours and doing all the sidequests and such adds another 10-15 hours.

As for your day... (mild spoiler)
    The game has multiple weeks.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm having a real problem moving Neku around during combat. I can't with any sort of efficiency get him to dodge/dash and run. It always seems to register as a tap to activate a pin, even if I don't have on any tap attack pins.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm having a real problem moving Neku around during combat. I can't with any sort of efficiency get him to dodge/dash and run. It always seems to register as a tap to activate a pin, even if I don't have on any tap attack pins.

For some reason it seem to be much easier to dash when you have pins that are activated by dashing?

After having finished the story, how can I get more Scarletite? I'd like to be able to get some more Fusion Boost stickers.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

For some reason it seem to be much easier to dash when you have pins that are activated by dashing?

After having finished the story, how can I get more Scarletite? I'd like to be able to get some more Fusion Boost stickers.

You can make Scarletite at Q-Heads post game. Forget what it needs though.

This might be of help to people in the post game

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    No seriously, what am I doing wrong? I can't move Neku AT ALL. I could fly around and dodge and all kinds of stuff to start off, but now he jsut sits there, and heven forbid a monster gets off the bottom screen or else I lose my tempo and just have to constantly attack with Shiki.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    No seriously, what am I doing wrong? I can't move Neku AT ALL. I could fly around and dodge and all kinds of stuff to start off, but now he jsut sits there, and heven forbid a monster gets off the bottom screen or else I lose my tempo and just have to constantly attack with Shiki.
    It helps to drag his feet and not anything else or you might be tapping above him since its a sort of psudeo 3d plane.

Also this is pretty helpful and shouldn't be forgotten at the bottom of the page. The wiki has spoilers and stuff though so you probably wont want to use it until post game. Still has pin drop and noise info so it's very helpful.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    From what I can see, that's a great site, randombattle. Thanks.

I can't remember Shadow Ramen ever being open, though. Which chapters is it open in?

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That seems like a useful site. Bookmark'd.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Farming Ultimate Reaper Beat for Dark Matter. I need Scarletite.

Also, nobody ever answered my other question, isn't Pi-Face's gear intended for your partners? I'm trying to make Joshua use it, but it's gonna take a while until he has the required Bravery.

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Senshi wrote: »
    From what I can see, that's a great site, randombattle. Thanks.

I can't remember Shadow Ramen ever being open, though. Which chapters is it open in?
    Sometime during the second week. I wanna say the fifth day for some reason.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Check your pins. Maybe you have one that makes you move real slow.
    Have you been advertising a certain pin for a mission?

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Also, nobody ever answered my other question, isn't Pi-Face's gear intended for your partners? I'm trying to make Joshua use it, but it's gonna take a while until he has the required Bravery.

I dunno I've only got the hats special skill... :(

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I dunno I've only got the hats special skill... :(
    Pi-Face's Cap
    Bravery Req. 75
    Attack +15
    Defense +25
    HP +200
    Ability: Attack +5

Pi-Face's Jeans
    Bravery Req. 250
    Attack +30
    Defense +15
    HP +100
    Ability: Combo Map Upgrade II

Pi-Face's Bandanna
    Bravery Req. 350
    Attack +40
    Defense -10
    Ability: Immobilizing Finisher

I'm working on getting his coat, I need 6 Shadow Matters, so I'll be farming for those after I get my sixth pin slot (two more Dark Matters from Beat for Scarletite). I managed to get enough Scarletite for Joshua's Fusion lvl 3. It's awesome.
    He brings down a fuckin' meteor

Senshi on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I rented this today, and jesus christ it is like four or five games mashed into one

I really like it though

Green on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I managed to get enough Scarletite for Joshua's Fusion lvl 3. It's awesome.

I picked up Shiki's level 3.
    GODZILLA MR MEW WITH LASER EYEBEAMS OF DOOM!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    If Sonic and Sho met up, the world would end with them.
    YOU'RE TOO SLOOOOOOOOOOW!

SO ZETTA SLOW.

SO ZETTA SLOW.

SO ZETTA SLOW.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    If Sonic and Sho met up, the world would end with them.

SO ZETTA SLOW.

SO ZETTA SLOW.

SO ZETTA SLOW.
    YOU'RE TOO ZETTA SLOOW!

explosion-slice_26.gif

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2008

That's the only one I don't have <.<

I don't use Shiki much, though. When farming Beat for Dark Matter, Joshua's lvl 3 instakills him on Ultimate and like 25 levels down.

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

That's the only one I don't have <.<

I don't use Shiki much, though. When farming Beat for Dark Matter, Joshua's lvl 3 instakills him on Ultimate and like 25 levels down.

Well Shiki is great because if you put the Mr Mew item on her she starts every battle with a free lvl 3 fusion. I don't think Joshua or Beat gets something like that.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good lord.

I breezed through Normal Mode, able to bust through 4 chain battles without breaking a sweat. I get to Week 2, bump it up to Hard Mode as soon as I unlock it, and I'm running my cure drink out of charges on a single battle with the smallest Noise if I drop myself down to level 1.

It doesn't help that Joshua feels so slow compared to Shiki.

It really doesn't help that almost all the clothing you can buy up til the point I'm at now was for Shiki, so Neku is really lacking. And beyond that, I've only been playing for like 2 days now, so I haven't been able pump my stats. I mean, I had to turn my level back to full from 1 in order to take out a couple of the bosses, but I figured that was normal. Now, my 250ish HP and 15 ATK/5 DEF just isn't cutting it.

And what really sucks is, where I'm at, I don't have any access to decent restaurants, so to bypass the walls I'd have to reduce to difficulty back down to Normal, and I'd feel dirty doing that.

Plus, I'm still pretty much using the first 3 pins you get in the game, since most of the other pins I've acquired evolve through mingling/shutdown, so I didn't want to boost them via battle and miss out on their stronger versions. But now that seems to be biting me in the ass.

Not sure where to restart and take my time a bit more so as to feed my team a bit better, or just drop down to Normal and grind just enough to digest the food I can find until I'm up to snuff.

I really do love this game, despite the punishment.

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'd drop back to normal. You're too early in the game to have built up a really good pin selection.
    Evolution's also not something to get too worried about, at least not until later. You can just buy or acquire the evolved forms of a lot of pins.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    SAW776 wrote: »
    Good lord.

I breezed through Normal Mode, able to bust through 4 chain battles without breaking a sweat. I get to Week 2, bump it up to Hard Mode as soon as I unlock it, and I'm running my cure drink out of charges on a single battle with the smallest Noise if I drop myself down to level 1.

It doesn't help that Joshua feels so slow compared to Shiki.

It really doesn't help that almost all the clothing you can buy up til the point I'm at now was for Shiki, so Neku is really lacking. And beyond that, I've only been playing for like 2 days now, so I haven't been able pump my stats. I mean, I had to turn my level back to full from 1 in order to take out a couple of the bosses, but I figured that was normal. Now, my 250ish HP and 15 ATK/5 DEF just isn't cutting it.

And what really sucks is, where I'm at, I don't have any access to decent restaurants, so to bypass the walls I'd have to reduce to difficulty back down to Normal, and I'd feel dirty doing that.

Plus, I'm still pretty much using the first 3 pins you get in the game, since most of the other pins I've acquired evolve through mingling/shutdown, so I didn't want to boost them via battle and miss out on their stronger versions. But now that seems to be biting me in the ass.

Not sure where to restart and take my time a bit more so as to feed my team a bit better, or just drop down to Normal and grind just enough to digest the food I can find until I'm up to snuff.

I really do love this game, despite the punishment.
    Yeah the difficulty jumps are absolutely huge between the difficulties.

Hard mode really means HARD mode. And Ultimate.. yeah...

Don't feel bad about playing on normal. It's when you start relying on easy mode when you need to sit down and power up before moving on.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't believe I ever needed easy, but came close once or twice.
    Game gets much harder in the second round.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »
    I'd drop back to normal. You're too early in the game to have built up a really good pin selection.
    Evolution's also not something to get too worried about, at least not until later. You can just buy or acquire the evolved forms of a lot of pins.

I think part of my thing with the evolution is when it's a pin that's given to me as a reward but not as a drop, cause I have that feeling in the back of my head of "What if I can't buy this pin later and this is the only one I'll have access to?" And I know that that probably isn't the case for anything I'd have found in Week 1, but I'm always a bit cautious on a first play-through of a new game.

But thanks for the info. I suppose I can be a little more adventurous with my pins and maybe develop a slightly better set-up.

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm not certain, but I think everything can be got in the postgame.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    SAW776 wrote: »

I think part of my thing with the evolution is when it's a pin that's given to me as a reward but not as a drop, cause I have that feeling in the back of my head of "What if I can't buy this pin later and this is the only one I'll have access to?" And I know that that probably isn't the case for anything I'd have found in Week 1, but I'm always a bit cautious on a first play-through of a new game.

But thanks for the info. I suppose I can be a little more adventurous with my pins and maybe develop a slightly better set-up.

Oh there are absolutely no pins in the game that you can only get once and screw up with the wrong evolution point total. So theres no need to worry about that.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bought this on a whim when I saw the cover art two days ago. Hadn't even heard of it. I made a good call, it seems, because I am hugely and pleasantly surprised with it. I do however, feel dirty for abusing the system clock to trigger the SDPP evolutions, but those would be ridiculous to get otherwise.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Bought this on a whim when I saw the cover art two days ago. Hadn't even heard of it. I made a good call, it seems, because I am hugely and pleasantly surprised with it. I do however, feel dirty for abusing the system clock to trigger the SDPP evolutions, but those would be ridiculous to get otherwise.

Actually SDPP is remarkably easy to get because the game counts SDPP and MPP as like 10x how much you actually got. So if the pin maxes at 100 pp and you need 90 of that to be SDPP you really only need to gain like 10 SDPP to get the evolution.

It's kind of confusing but makes sense I guess.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm not certain, but I think everything can be got in the postgame.
    I dropped it to easy for one boss fight because I was at
    Sho at the end of the Second Week
    and hadn't really bought any clothes. Both characters had maybe, one or two pieces on and they were like...single digit boosts for one or two stats.

I eventually went off and fucking bought good clothes and stuck with a set of pins. Haven't felt a need to go to easy since.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ah. Can I get like...6/7 levels with battle PP, and then do most of the last one with SDPP?

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Game beat. I fucking rushed through it, switching to easy if I couldn't beat it on normal. Which only happen once mid-game and the last boss.

The game doesn't have a whole lot of "HEY DUDE, OPTIONAL SIDEQUEST HERE." and the timer made it feel straightforward. I hate being timed, and my guess is that the timers in this game don't even matter.

Spoiler time:
    -There's a metric FUCK-TON to do after completion, so I feel no regret in hurtling through the game.

-The story is mostly awesome because it's handled in a way that doesn't talk down to people. A coming-of-age story more or less, but the dialogue rarely hams it up.

-Sho makes math cool again. SONS OF DIGITS

-Being forced to find out Mr. H's background via reports is pretty weak.

-Joshua being the Composer is even lamer, but the game-within-a-game deal was a superior twist.

-The English title is much better than the Japanese one, especially within the context of the story.
    I don't get how people have a problem getting stars with Beat. Rack up a decent number of cards and then focus on his screen for the card. Pretty simple.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The whole reports about Mr. H pissed me off too. I looked most of them up online. It's a ton of great stuff, but It really should have been put into the main story, and more Pi-face. If you had added another week after beat's story that was about Pi-face trying to kill the composer, and kinda drew that out, and introduced more info on Mr. H, I think the plot would have ended much stronger

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Can anyone confirm if the missions ARE actually timed? I don't feel like dicking around for an hour.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm 90% sure they're not.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the missions ARE actually timed? I don't feel like dicking around for an hour.

Pretty sure that the timer doesn't affect gameplay.

I was expecting that I wouldn't have fought every enemy by the end of the story, but it kinda surprises me how many blank spots I have in the noise report.

Peewi on