Options

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

• Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Too much work and no fun make me a dull boy

BTW, I'm bored and work so...yeah, haha.

:...:

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I can't be bothered painting tonight. It makes me feel like a FRAUD AND A HACK.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sup, dudes! I am in an excellent mood, and very un-bitter for the first time in weeks. It seems that break-up was just what I needed. I'm gonna go enroll in some classes to keep busy, though.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sup, dudes! I am in an excellent mood, and very un-bitter for the first time in weeks. It seems that break-up was just what I needed. I'm gonna go enroll in some classes to keep busy, though.

Woo! Good to hear MT, glad you're in a good mood :D

Beavo: I guess last night was the night to dream about PA peoples. You were in my first dream. Aaand my second dream was about TF2 and included people from G&T as the different classes. I think I'm the one that needs a break from the internet...

Prospicience on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    nd: i had a dream last night that you were quitting the internet for a few months to go to thailand or some other place that apparently has no internets.

Thailand has the internets on every corner on the cheep. Also whores.

Tam on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So my grandpa sent a bunch of his paintings to his friend in the U.S. and his friend decided to send something back in return... he chose tea, cocoa and nuts.

I mean, do you U.S.ppl think we're still a communist country or something?

Mayday on
  • Options
    HarpsichordHarpsichord Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    In America, tea, cocoa, and nuts are worth more than our dollar.

Seriously, that's a helluva kick in the pants. I absolutely have to know what would lead someone to sending those three items. Maybe they can be crushed and blended into an iPod.

Harpsichord on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Mayday wrote: »
    So my grandpa sent a bunch of his paintings to his friend in the U.S. and his friend decided to send something back in return... he chose tea, cocoa and nuts.

Your average American has no appreciation for art, Mayday. It's a scientifically proven fact.

Just send the guy C4, a cell phone, some wires, and assembly instructions and tell him it's a neat foreign holiday ornament and remind him to cut the (this is important) red wire.

Tam on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think I'd rather have tea, cocoa and nuts than some paintings, depending on the quality of the paintings. Which is not to say your grampie's paintings are bad, but if the nuts are cashews and the cocoa is high quality, well, it's not really a contest.

multimoog on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    multimoog wrote: »
    I think I'd rather have tea, cocoa and nuts than some paintings, depending on the quality of the paintings. Which is not to say your grampie's paintings are bad, but if the nuts are cashews and the cocoa is high quality, well, it's not really a contest.

I'm with you on the cocoa, but I must protest on the cashews. Personally I'd prefer pistachios.

Also, is it loose tea or tea in bags? And what kind of tea? This is important.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Seriously, that's a helluva kick in the pants. I absolutely have to know what would lead someone to sending those three items. Maybe they can be crushed and blended into an iPod.

I'm American and I do not work on this crazy trading system you have just described.

Tam wrote: »

Your average American has no appreciation for art, Mayday. It's a scientifically proven fact.

Just send the guy C4, a cell phone, some wires, and assembly instructions and tell him it's a neat foreign holiday ornament and remind him to cut the (this is important) red wire.

I'm glad the actions of one asshole has tainted the image of the rest of us for you.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »

I'm American and I do not work on this crazy trading system you have just described.

Tam wrote: »

I'm glad the actions of one asshole has tainted the image of the rest of us for you.

Lighten up, Beardyman. I'm American too. I was being ironic and hip.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think art is generally less tolerated here.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    I think art is generally less tolerated here.

damn artfags.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Today I take the Australian Citizenship test. Because I'm english. Even though I've lived here for about 23 years... I'm still certain that I'm going to fail. How many stars on our flag? Like I care.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Today I take the Australian Citizenship test. Because I'm english. Even though I've lived here for about 23 years... I'm still certain that I'm going to fail. How many stars on our flag? Like I care.

Do most Aussies know that? God, I should be studying for my Bio final.

Tam on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    6 stars, that big jobbie on the left and the southern cross....I took some sample questions a few months back and got 100% (and I know fuck all about Aus history, even though I was born here), it should be pretty easy. BTW if you answer every question "Mateship" you get to go to the bonus round to for the chance to win a ham.

Anywho, did anyone catch this pic?
    0,,6027658,00.jpg

An electircal storm passing over the erupting chaitan volcano in chile, thought it was photoshopped at first look, but apparently not.

Mustang on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i just copied that into my collection of stock photos - thats some great inspiration material right there

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That is one of the most amazing pictures I've ever seen. Wow. Just raw fucking power.

An-D on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    6 stars, that big jobbie on the left and the southern cross....I took some sample questions a few months back and got 100% (and I know fuck all about Aus history, even though I was born here), it should be pretty easy. BTW if you answer every question "Mateship" you get to go to the bonus round to for the chance to win a ham.

Anywho, did anyone catch this pic?
    0,,6027658,00.jpg

An electircal storm passing over the erupting chaitan volcano in chile, thought it was photoshopped at first look, but apparently not.

Yeah I saw that. I think that's in the 'Punishment For Failing Citizenship Test' section of the 'How To Fail Your Citizenship Test' book that I didn't read.

Apparently golden wattle is our national flower. Mmmm, golden waffle.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    I saw that the other day! I love when it goes into "time's running out" mode!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I passed my citizenship test! I finished it in 3 of the alloted 45 minutes.

Given that the questions were so difficult that that an astute 9 year old could have answered them, I think I deserve a very lengthy champagne congratulations.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2008
    Applying for Australian citizenship? Are there any sort of physical challenges? Boomerang throwing? Rescuing babies from dingos? Freeform didgeridoo jam session?

DMAC on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    In Bermuda you have to kill a wild boar after living here for 20 years. And even then you don't become a citizen. You're just a long term resident.

Grifter on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Did you kill yours?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    He tried to have sex with it. The poor thing committed suicide.

Lly on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    Actually, I was born a Bermudian so I never had to kill the boar. I just had to wrestle a shark when I was 13.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    My cousin keeps sharks in her aquarium in the lounge. They aint so tough ... i totally kicked ones ass.

Lly on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    DMAC wrote: »
    Applying for Australian citizenship? Are there any sort of physical challenges? Boomerang throwing? Rescuing babies from dingos? Freeform didgeridoo jam session?

Hahahaha.

Yes.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    multimoog wrote: »

Oh by all means, just the nuts themselves were worth as much as the paintings! (They were cashews and gramps paints kinda bad). It's just that I find it odd to send something over the ocean when it's readily available there.

The cocoa is some KeyFood, dunno the franchise but it tastes rather bad. And the tea is Lipton in tea-bags which is as bad as tea gets :)

EDIT: Congratulations, robots! Welcome to the club, mate!

<- not really Australian, despite what Creambun007 thinks.

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Holy crap guys, my Bio final was a gangrape orgy.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sounds fantastic. School was much less fun back in my day!

Lly on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Are you saying that this was a bad orgy or a good orgy?

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    gangRAPE you sick sumbitches.

In contrast, this here is just delightful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSYa7a2o8pI

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    What the fuck was that? I mean the music was great ... but the static anime image? Get out of my house!

Lly on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The music is from the anime, Lly. The music is great; the show not so much.

Tam on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Last exile was awesome shut up.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    There must be topless women in it.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png