Options

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MT,
    We like your submission but don't think they'll get the point with the words so small. Could you please make them bigger?

Prospicience on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I also find the lack of colour troubling.

Lly on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    I have cut back on my drinking since my kidneys are fucked up.
    i do miss my weekend shenanigans, but otherwise, i still do the same old shit.
    ...like sing rick astley at kareoke

(i have a video of it!!!!)

Links or GTFO.

bombardier on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I can not conceive of a cooler thing than this. These guys are so cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbObLy5MjWU&feature=related

Tam on
  • Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That was crazy awesome.

I am partial to the leopard print pick-thing.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah very cool.

When I first saw the pick, I thought it was a window scraper bahahaha.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    so much for "kid" icarus. Homeboy's all grown up

kidicarusrumored_050808_12828.jpg

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That concept art looks more like fan art, all of it. The proportions on some of them are pretty poor. I never played the original Kid Icarus anyway, although I like the Minibosses' version of what I assume is the theme song.

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah I'd bet also that it's fanart. Unless it is later on when he's a "fallen angel" I dunno, they said in the article that Nintendo wouldn't confirm or deny the game, so how'd they get the concept art anyways?

Prospicience on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Recommend me a book! Something for my mom. She read Kite Runner, No Country for Old Men, The Road, and is reading 1984 right now.

I'm looking through best-seller lists right now but nothing really pops out.

TheBog on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am absolutely girl retarded. Someone please explain what is going on here, my ex (whom was the one who broke up) called me from a party the other day to see how I was. Today she calls again, to shoot the breeze and ask me what I was doing tonight, if I was going to the concert she arranged for the youth group she leads... I tell her unlikely, then she asks if I want to hang out afterwards. I tell her unlikely.

Why is she doing this?! I WAS SO WELL!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    She's having second thoughts and having doubts that she can "do any better". The fact that that has happened is reason enough to stay the fuck away. It is too early to move into the "let's hang out and just be friends" phase, so yeah, keep saying unlikely is my advice.

edit: That tap dancing was badass.

Lly on
  • Options
    HarpsichordHarpsichord Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TheBog wrote: »
    Recommend me a book! Something for my mom. She read Kite Runner, No Country for Old Men, The Road, and is reading 1984 right now.

What Is The What (Dave Eggers) is mighty interesting so far. I picked it up this evening for a trip.

A Confederacy Of Dunces (John Kennedy Toole) is alright too. More of a comedic type misadventure and a helluva lot different from the immersion of Cormac McCarthy...

Of course, she could always read Suttree? by Cormac. It's damn close to poetic and is an amazing read with a pint. In fact, I picked it up after reading through it a bit at a bar.

Vonnegut's books a really good, folksy sort of read too. Dead Eye Dick, Slaughter House Five, Timequake, or The Sirens Of Titan are amazing.

I used to bar hop a shit ton last summer. Not so much now, but I actually made it a point to stop in a bar on karaoke night right before it ended, sang Rick Astley, and straight the Hell left. Fun times.

Harpsichord on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TheBog wrote: »

A friend of mine just made me buy Sartre's Nausea. I just started reading it, so I can't comment too much but it's got my interest.
    I have to reiterate once more that Speed Racer was so incredible!
    That's pretty much what sold me the most on the film--it's dazzling use of color any and every chance it got.

The plot looks iffy to me (and the car design), but I'm definitely gonna see it for it's very different cinematography.

Virum on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    I have to reiterate once more that Speed Racer was so incredible!

I found the first 7 minutes here (and the first 30 seconds of this clip pretty much sums how the tone and feel of the entire film) And additional 4 minutes is found here further showing off some of the eye-gasmic use of color.

That's pretty much what sold me the most on the film--it's dazzling use of color any and every chance it got.

[moo hoo ha ha!]

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That was a flagrant abuse of mod powers and I love it.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Is there any other way to abuse mod powers? 8-)

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2008
    Speed Racer looks very bad and I can't help but point out that for whatever good points it may have it still fails to be Death Race 2000 and therefore bites.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MODERATOR COMBO BREAK

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yeah so in honor of passing accounting i decided to give myself a forum makeover. weeee!

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well crud, another sleepless night. It's been at least a month since i've gotten a healthy amount of sleep, and I can't do shit about it.

Insomnia really is the worst. I feel like i'm losing my mind.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    Well crud, another sleepless night. It's been at least a month since i've gotten a healthy amount of sleep, and I can't do shit about it.

Insomnia really is the worst. I feel like i'm losing my mind.

I had a mild case of insomnia for about 3 months back in my senior year of college, so I feel for ya. Sucked so hard. I actually think I might still be catching up on the lack of sleep I had for that three months. Some days I come home from work at like 5:30 and just crash till the next morning. Insomnia blows.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The worst thing about insomnia is that you're dead tired all of the time, but you just can't sleep period. On good days you're just really fucking tired, but eventually your body gets a second wind or something and you're able to trudge through the day. At its worst, insomnia puts you in a state of perpetual suspended animation. You're not asleep, but you're not awake either. You simply exist, that that is it.

It is a fate worse than death.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, someone could be impaling a hot iron through your rectum, that would be worse.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Probably yeah.

This is just the insomnia talking out of me right now.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I saw a new trailer for the Ed Norton Incredible Hulk movie before Speed Racer, and while I'm not entirely jazzed about that movie, at the end of the trailer when the Hulk title popped up, the score segued into like three bars of The Lonely Man theme from the original TV series.

*That* got me pretty excited.

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Ed Norton is a decent actor, hopefully he can do the Hulk justice.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I will love Edward Norton forever just because of Fight Club.

Godfather on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Speed Racer looks... fun. Which is all I expect or require in a summer movie.

Also, hey Jack form LOST! Now we know why Racer X went went missing.

multimoog on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    bombs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV6Mv2DNzsk <--- me rick rolling karaoke. it gets cut off :( you get the gist from this though.

beavotron on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hahaha. I really need to get a video camera. My version of bjorks 'it's oh so quiet' was show-stopping. In one of the quiet bits, some guy blurted out with accidental loudness "WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING?" Kinda like in futurama how Leela is talking over the din and it all goes quiet just as she shouts "I HAVE STINKY BOOT RASH!"

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ok you don't have to gtfo now.

bombardier on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    every video of me involves me making a fool of myself somehow
    let's never forget the tauren dance video: http://frank05.critter.net/images/random/MVI_0108.AVI
    and the one of me beating up my little brother dressed as a scout: http://frank05.critter.net/images/pics/tf2pwnswow.mpg

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aw, you don't look like an idiot. You just look like someone doing karaoke! And I like how you killed your brother. But you need to work on your light sources.

multimoog on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    multimoog wrote: »
    Aw, you don't look like an idiot. You just look like someone doing karaoke.

Does not compute.

eee errr I am a robot.

Tam on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You're such a neeeeerrrrrrrddddddd.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Okay, I admit my comment sounds like it could be the punchline of a bad comic strip, but it's not confusing.

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Haha, rick video gets two thumbs up as does the scout vid <3
    Man I was just making 2 CD playlists for my mom for mother's day for 2 hours and accidentally deleted one of them... dammit!:x

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I love Delivery.com! Now I can be a shut-in without becoming week from malnourishment!

• Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Haha I love the scout video. I want to dress like a hooligan with a bat now!

Veritas on
This discussion has been closed.