Options

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2008
    I love Delivery.com! Now I can be a shut-in without becoming week from malnourishment!
    For shame, Elliot. Of all people.

bombardier on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Shit you know what's even more sad? I had written it with an A originally and stopped, thinking "D'oh, that doesn't look right!"

This is almost as bad as the time I spelled your sis's name with a PH. Almost.

I hang my head in shame... heavy heavy shame.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finally, I am home. No more dormitory life for me.

Just living in a cramp cabin with a bunch of smelly men in the middle of the Minnesota wilderness for 8 weeks.

PS: I think you lost a level Mars.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Shit I'd better infract you so I can level up again!

• Options
    edited May 2008
    lolz! silly Elliot, don't you know about diminishing returns.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Welshie_dead.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2008
    :{O

So my buddies' rockband bass pedal broke, and now apparently I was volunteered to fix it for free.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Better not fuck this up, the band is counting on you!

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Yes, you can only access the 'roadie' function in the debugged version of the game. It never made it to release.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I picked up my pencil today and began to draw. I realize I can't. I grab my anatomy book and attempt to draw some figures. I can't. I can't, I can't, I can't. I wish I could forget everything and start over with a fresh mind that isn't cluttered with useless garbage and bad habits. I'm frustrated with art and myself, I have no confidence.

But these aren't any of your concerns, so carry on. I'll just look at your pretty drawings for a bit.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I picked up my pencil today and began to draw. I realize I can't. I grab my anatomy book and attempt to draw some figures. I can't. I can't, I can't, I can't. I wish I could forget everything and start over with a fresh mind that isn't cluttered with useless garbage and bad habits. I'm frustrated with art and myself, I have no confidence.

But these aren't any of your concerns, so carry on. I'll just look at your pretty drawings for a bit.

Yep. Takes a few years.

Tam on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tam wrote: »

Yep. Takes a few years.

Well I've been drawing since I was 2, but apparently nothing I've drawn in my life is of actual use now, except for maybe knowing how to hold a pencil. I took one art course, got a little better, made a huge mistake by not drawing for a semester and now I'm even worse than I was before.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Yep. Takes a few years.

Well I've been drawing since I was 2, but apparently nothing I've drawn in my life is of actual use now, except for maybe knowing how to hold a pencil. I took one art course, got a little better, made a huge mistake by not drawing for a semester and now I'm even worse than I was before.

Jesus that's eerie. I've been drawing since I was 2, took one youth art course, and only relatively recently starting looking at my art with any amount of gravity.

Tam on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I started seriously last summer. Didn't really doodle much before that.

Virum on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Yep. Takes a few years.

Jesus that's eerie. I've been drawing since I was 2, took one youth art course, and only relatively recently starting looking at my art with any amount of gravity.

yeah there are days where i'm productive as hell and can churn out stuff left and right, but then i'll find myself the next day unable to produce a simple doodle and spells like that could last for weeks. God it gets frustrating

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Tomorrow I need to put the rest of my Joker costume together for next week!

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I didn't really draw all that seriously utill about a year ago when I realized just how quicker and looser I can lay things out on paper when I practice other non-layout drawings. Also, it sharpens your observation skills, which also translates to better design.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    so for reasons undetermined i am still living in the crack house.
    you won't believe what had happened to me last night upon returning to the opium den that is my apartment
    someone had a party, i walk in, the walls in the front foyer are covered in red wine and there is broken glass everywhere.
    i walk into the kitchen and there are two thugs just sort of silently standing there. one has no shirt on, the other is just sort of looking at me.

here is the dialogue:

me: ...hey?
    thug1: *u live here? [*i imagine that when he talks, instead of saying the word "you" he probably just says the letter "u" like a bad msn conversation. also he winked at me like this: ;) sort of sideways and really sly-like]
    me: i... yes...? maybe? why is there stuff all over the walls?
    thug1 (i refer to him from hereon in as master chief thug): yeah there was a party, a bunch of people came, some girls are in the hospital cause a gay guy got mad and threw a bottle. you missed a show
    me: [overwhelmed expression] bottle? gay guy? what... who had the party?
    master chief thug: i 'unno
    me: so... you don't know any of my room mates?
    thug2: no there was a party
    me: so...you just sort of came in off the street?
    master chief thug: yeah
    me: ...okay... so... okay, um... so...[i am very distraught at this point]
    [room mate of female gender emerges from room. i notice that her door has been kicked in]
    female room mate: sorry alex there was a party
    me: okay, so these are your friends then?
    female room mate: no
    me: so... okay, why is your door kicked in?
    female room mate: the coke head roomie stole my keys after asking me if i wanted a bump* [*i can't determine whether bump means a line of coke or some sex? i chose not to ask because i was worried that they would sense my fear and swarm me]
    me: okay... well.. i'm... bed. bye!

so i go into my room and lock the door, and am going over the motions in my head of what i can do to get out of this situation as i am actually pretty friggen freaked out (obviously)
    master chief thug knocks on my door
    master chief thug: hey you girl feel like having some drinks?
    me: uh... no... no thanks i don't drink, bad... kidneys
    master chief thug: k have a good night.

none of this dialogue has been edited. i probably changed some stuff just because i can't remember every word they said but this is the honest to god gist of the conversation i had at 3 in the morning last night with a pair of thugs.
    so i go upstairs, get my friend nick and make him come sleep in my bed
    being one of my closest friends, he obliges, makes a lot of noise as he comes in to assert his dominance as alpha male, then passes out in my bed
    i get up the next morning to the sound of the girl's alarm going off (it goes off every morning when she's not home.)
    assuming she's not home, i crawl through the shards of splintered wood that was her door to turn it off to find all three of them passed out in her bed. passed out to a point where they cannot hear the buzzing alarm that had been going off for 15 minutes at this point.
    they are all still in there.

i need to find an apartment as quickly as possible. i had to tell my mom this story on mother's day so now i feel kind of bad because she is really distressed over the situation and is demanding i take my necessary items and move back into my dad's house, but i can't because of my ferrets.

guuuuuuuuh

beavotron on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    a bump means a line of coke, and get out of there immediately beav

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2008
    Are all of you renting or do you co-own the place?

Is there a landlord/lady?

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wow! How much would a small one room apartment cost? I mean, those that have the bedroom and the kitchen all in one room, and the bathroom is in the closet. Because I'd rather shower in my closet than live with those animals.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    You ought to move out, Beavo. Just sayin.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Beavo: Hulk out and beat everyone up.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    a bump means a line of coke, and get out of there immediately beav

Pretty much this is the only option.

• Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I'm jumping on the "move out" train. That sounds downright scary really.

In other news. Just got back from Iron Man and it was indeed good. :)

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yes i went apartment hunting today and will be hunting furiously for the next week

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    There is nothing better to lift your spirits than to see Brits being silly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWjBURwHB00&feature=related

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Haha, I'm glad someone finally took an honest swing at him. I do hope he gets horribly stomped some day.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the dude tackling him.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh my god Tam, those are brilliant!

• Options
    edited May 2008
    That was funny.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So my grandpa passed away today at 1 in the afternoon. We all saw it coming a mile away, but something about seeing the body just about made me fall to pieces mentally. It hit me harder than I thought it would.

Gotta keep it together.

Godfather on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My condolances Godfather.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Indeed. Go have a beer and celebrate his life, don't sit around mourning it. Make sure to laugh and smile a lot.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    My condolences mate. I hope you feel better soon.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Go have a beer and celebrate his life, don't sit around mourning it. Make sure to laugh and smile a lot.

Puertorican funerals are like that. There's a lot of making fun of the dead guy, remembering all the good times. It's a way to celebrate the positive things in his life and not focus so much on the death.

I hope you and your family get well, Godfather.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm about to head on over to my cousin's house to let off some steam. We're gonna party like it's 1999.

I'm mainly depressed because I didn't really know the guy; he was deaf, and I don't know sign language. He was the nicest guy, but I was severely limited communication-wise.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Take it upon yourself to learn to sign in his honor. You may never use it, but you'll also never regret learning.

• Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    I'm about to head on over to my cousin's house to let off some steam. We're gonna party like it's 1999.

I'm mainly depressed because I didn't really know the guy; he was deaf, and I don't know sign language. He was the nicest guy, but I was severely limited communication-wise.

Condolences man. Remember good things!

desperaterobots on
This discussion has been closed.