As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

• Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I took me a long time to finish that song. I hate it so much. I don't think I ever got more than three stars on expert, but I would probably fail now, as I haven't touched either game in months.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tam on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think that one was posted a couple chat threads back. I love that the little guy is still alive. Buffalo are pretty hardy huh?

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh fuck, this video makes me feel so happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnCNJD3-e7g

Lly on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Geez, enough with these youtube links :{

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    Listen, if Stephen Fry is in it, you can post anything as much as you want.

Tam on
    edited May 2008
    NO!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    NO!

YES!

Tam on
    edited May 2008
    fry460.jpg

NOOO!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    Lly on
    edited May 2008
    KHAAAAAAAAAN!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    Oh my. Jeeves singing falsetto is possibly the funniest thing in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRT9QU-Q7K8&feature=related

I promise that is the last youtube link for some time!

Lly on
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Linkapalooza!

NeoRedXIII on
  • TiniTini Slippy PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    so who's the artist around here that draws hot zombie awesomness?

Tini on
    Do a barrel roll.
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Me.

multimoog on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mr. Dave used to draw a lot of hot naked zombie awesomeness.

Oh man I went to the Marilyn Monroe exhibit at the Fine Arts center here yesterday. There was some really cool stuff. I had never seen the One Night with Marilyn series done by Douglas Kirkland, which was incredible. Also Antonio de Felipe's stuff was amazing, so clean.

Prospicience on
  • TiniTini Slippy PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would love to see some :D

Tini on
    Do a barrel roll.
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hunting for apartments is like going to the dentist
    it's scary
    and it sounds like drills and smells like novacaine.

beavotron on
    edited May 2008
    WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    oh god why do apartments always sound like that?
    guuuuuhhh

beavotron on
    edited May 2008
    Keep lookin'. I'm sure you'll find something good. If not you can come live in my basement.

Took us about a month to find a nice place, and it was well worth the wait.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • FlyingmanFlyingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Count yourself lucky your not living in Brisbane, Australia, our rent prices are starting to get ridiculous :\

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Try Perth, flyingman. This place is fucking stupidly expensive. Damn resources boom!

desperaterobots on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    oh god why do apartments always sound like that?
    guuuuuhhh

Hey, if all else fails, you can do the completely sensible thing and stay in my apartment...in Savannah, Georgia.

Commuting to work might be a toughie, though.

NightDragon on
    edited May 2008
    Try Perth, flyingman. This place is fucking stupidly expensive. Damn resources boom!

I think it's just Australia in general at the moment. When you're paying upwards of $600 a week for a standard apartment about 20kms from the CBD, you know something is up.

I moved back home with the folks and fixed my car up, that said, I'm sick of the 45min drive to and from work on the weekends :\

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008

Cap's shield isn't just made out of any metal. Man, this guy really didn't do his homework. It's vibranium-iron alloy mix.

Grifter on
    edited May 2008
    Grifter wrote: »

Cap's shield isn't just made out of any metal. Man, this guy really didn't do his homework. It's vibranium-iron alloy mix.

Nerrrrrrd

Tam on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Grifter wrote: »

I like how they are interconnecting all of these films! They can explain the details in Captain A's movie, but just seeing it's "cameo" here is neato!

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think it's just Australia in general at the moment. When you're paying upwards of $600 a week for a standard apartment about 20kms from the CBD, you know something is up.

Serious? Shit I just moved (Adelaide) and am paying $260 a week for a 3 bedroom place. I thought that was harsh considering I was paying $160 at my old gaff, but $600, that's only $200 less than what I get paid per week.

Mustang on
    edited May 2008
    You guys pay rent weekly in Australia?

edited May 2008
    Mustang wrote: »

Serious? Shit I just moved (Adelaide) and am paying $260 a week for a 3 bedroom place. I thought that was harsh considering I was paying $160 at my old gaff, but $600, that's only $200 less than what I get paid per week.

It's $100 more for me >.<

Old Queenslanders and cottages are cheaper, but for a 2 bedroom Queenslander about 15kms from the CBD is $350 pw. It was a pretty shitty place too, old picture hangers protruding from the walls, back porch was unstable and there was paint peeling in a couple of places. There was a cracked window out the front and the doors to the bedroom had dropped and would jam on the floor.

Yes

And yes I need a better job, I could probably snag a photography job easily if I had better equipment. A Nikon D50 doesn't really cut it, I went for an Architectural photography job recently and got rejected because the D50 "isn't a real DSLR" :\

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
    edited May 2008

Yep. I'm looking at half my weekly pay going toward rent unless I can find a share house. I could afford a 2-bedroom apartment by myself three years ago.

desperaterobots on
    edited May 2008
    That's insane... I thought my $600 a month for a single bedroom was a lot, but at least it's not weekly!

edited May 2008
    Yeah. And now that the american dollar and australian dollar are essentially worth the same amount.... we're being fucked. GTA4 is on sale for $115 here, for instance. What the fuck.

desperaterobots on
    edited May 2008
    Yeah. And now that the american dollar and australian dollar are essentially worth the same amount.... we're being fucked. GTA4 is on sale for $115 here, for instance. What the fuck.

I have two jobs, one is in a games store. Even us staff bitch about it, you know how hard it is to sell such a ridiculously overpriced product? Our dollar is worth roughly the same amount as the US dollar and we're selling games for more than double the godamn price.

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
    edited May 2008
    So that's why the 360 is finally pulling a profit. Those bastards.

Note: may have got gta4 free trading 3 games at JB Hifi.

desperaterobots on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Our dollar is worth roughly the same amount as the US dollar and we're selling games for more than double the godamn price.

That's because our boyent economy has a huge dildo strapped on to the end of it and it's pointed at your arse.

Mustang on
  • UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Flyingman wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky your not living in Brisbane, Australia, our rent prices are starting to get ridiculous :\

I have a friend who's moving there in a few months. Not sure why.

Urian on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Flyingman wrote: »

I have two jobs, one is in a games store. Even us staff bitch about it, you know how hard it is to sell such a ridiculously overpriced product? Our dollar is worth roughly the same amount as the US dollar and we're selling games for more than double the godamn price.

Well, the 100%+ markup probably isn't justified, but there's a little more to pricing in foreign markets than straight up converting from dollars.

You have to consider that shipping, and more importantly cost of living and higher average minimum wages can have a huge impact on the price point of consumer goods like videogames, among I'm sure many other factors that I'm not even aware of. It's not strictly fair, but there is a method to the madness.

Anyway, If I were an Australian I'd only buy region free consoles like a PS3 and just import all my NTSC games from US retailers for a fraction of the price.

Scosglen on
This discussion has been closed.