As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

• LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh shit i am hungover. Monday night drinking was a bad idea!

Lly on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Haha oh man, i am totally screwed for this project.

This is what I get for challenging myself within an extremely limited timeline.

D:

NightDragon on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What was the project?

Also, after a year of going back and forth with my thesis evaluator, I finally have the final version. I noticed though, that my evaluator changed the font from Arial to Times New Roman for what seems to be no reason at all. For some reason, I find this terribly disrespectful.

Am I over reacting to this? Or am I right in being angered by this?

MagicToaster on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I read in a study that Arial 12pt versus Times New Roman 12pt was a clear victory for Arial. I mean there's a significant difference in readability!

So it's a good reason to be angry for :D ( The study also revealed that 50% of people use whatever font is default in their office programs. :O )

no_toast on
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Palatino's where it's at.

NeoRedXIII on
    edited May 2008
    Century Gothic, all the way!

MagicToaster on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008

D:

That's how I screw myself all the time. You would think I'd have learned by now... but you would be wrong.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

D:

That's how I screw myself all the time. You would think I'd have learned by now... but you would be wrong.

I'm the same. Not so much on drawing projects, as I'm a programming major, but when I have a program to write and I have grandiose expectations, I still wait until the last minute and turn in something that isn't near where my expectations and programming ability should put it. Mostly I just underestimate the time I would need to do it, thinking I can pull an all-nighter and have it done, when it would normally take fifteen or twenty hours.

EDIT: Has anyone else gotten job solicitations for Vector Marketing? They've sent me one every summer since I was a junior in high-school and this is the first time I've been hurting for a job. How is the market for door to door sales-reps these days?

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If people get furious to the point of red-faced homicide over spam these days, you can imagine how they feel about someone making them answer the front door to be sold something.

multimoog on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    multimoog wrote: »
    If people get furious to the point of red-faced homicide over spam these days, you can imagine how they feel about someone making them answer the front door to be sold something.

I wonder what you could use for an anti-spam filter at your door...

Grifter on
    edited May 2008
    I thought that would probably be it. I'm gonna try and et a job at Best Buy or circuit city and get commission on big screen TVs.

In other news, do you know where the ninth dimension is?
    Right between the eigth and tenth dimensions!

Woo for theoretical physics!

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Luke, don't take any job by Vector! They are basically a scam company. They are the parent of the Cutco company who bothered me when I was fresh outta high school. Do some research on it and you'll see why. The web is full of info.

edited May 2008
    Man, last night I was having dinner with my parents and my brother. A Cheezit TV ad comes that goes "Ever wonder how Cheezits gets so much cheese into its crackers?"

My dad goes... "What? How does Jesus get the cheese into crackers?!"

I swear, we laughed for a good 10 minutes.

MagicToaster on
  • MufasaJoeMufasaJoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Grifter wrote: »

I wonder what you could use for an anti-spam filter at your door...

Now I'm picturing someone trying to shove a man-sized block of Spam through a screen door.
    Siiiick.

MufasaJoe on
    edited May 2008
    Gotcha. Thanks. There is very little positive info about them on the net.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
    edited May 2008
    I thought that would probably be it. I'm gonna try and et a job at Best Buy or circuit city and get commission on big screen TVs.

In other news, do you know where the ninth dimension is?
    Right between the eigth and tenth dimensions!

Woo for theoretical physics!

BRAIN. MELTING.

Lly on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, last night I was having dinner with my parents and my brother. A Cheezit TV ad comes that goes "Ever wonder how Cheezits gets so much cheese into its crackers?"

My dad goes... "What? How does Jesus get the cheese into crackers?!"

I swear, we laughed for a good 10 minutes.

Hahaha, man that made me laugh pretty loud at work I can't imagine in person.

Prospicience on
    edited May 2008

D:

I'm the same. Not so much on drawing projects, as I'm a programming major, but when I have a program to write and I have grandiose expectations, I still wait until the last minute and turn in something that isn't near where my expectations and programming ability should put it. Mostly I just underestimate the time I would need to do it, thinking I can pull an all-nighter and have it done, when it would normally take fifteen or twenty hours.

As far as this goes, for me it's not always waiting until the last minute it's trying to create an opus right out of the gate. What I'm learning to do now is asses how much time I have to complete the assignment and plan something accordingly that gets the project completed, then if I have spare time after that go back and layer on more and more of the "special touches" to bring it up to Opus status.

• Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    lol, asses

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    :lol:

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    Seems that this guy is living the tropical dream.

http://ecoble.com/2008/05/12/137/

Grifter on
    edited May 2008
    Sigh.

So I was laid off from my great job a few weeks ago (which is what I get for bragging about it so much) and looking for new work is pretty much the worst. At least I still have some regular freelance work, but shit. Sending out resumes now is, for me, incredibly depressing. You guys should tell me how awesome I am.

multimoog on
    edited May 2008
    you're terrible and you should feel terrible

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    I knew that was coming - way to go the obvious route and not shake things up. It's just too bad that's the only way you're able to express your attraction to me. It's the 90's, man, you don't have to pretend - just be who you are.

multimoog on
    edited May 2008
    :{D

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    You're awesome moog, and you will find an awesome job.

Forbe, shouldn't you give your smiley's a beard too? :{D) or does that just make it look like a double chin I guess.

Prospicience on
    edited May 2008
    :{D}}

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    };{)}}----o

Lly on
    edited May 2008
    Where were you working, Moog? Also, I just found out about a possible freelance gig today, designing a brochure. Hope I can get it arranged, that would be slick.

edited May 2008
    Holy crapawesome... This video is incredible.

Prospicience on
    edited May 2008
    Moog, you're awesome. If you were a cake, you would be laced with 5 layers of awesome ... and crack...

MagicToaster on
  • NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

All of his are.

NeoRedXIII on
  • MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

OMG, digg that shit!

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • FlyingmanFlyingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    G'Morning...

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
    edited May 2008
    Jesus, that video was mesmerizing!!!

MagicToaster on
  • MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    edit:

wow, um, the photo just....disapeared

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    wecandoitpd3.jpg

Does anyone know if there's a "pulp" filter for GIMP? The hanger doesn't look right.

Sami on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

I'm surprised the fuzz didn't arrest him.

Tam on
    edited May 2008
    Wtf is the hangar for?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Wtf is the hangar for?

He's being humorously chauvinist- making it seem as if Rosie the Riveter has to get women pumped up to just perform a simple domestic task.

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.