As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]urday! In the park! Musta been the fourth of July!

• desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yay Beav. Sounds awesome. I'll be doing the hunt soon. Living with my mum after being out of home for 6 years is totally, uh, cramping my style, shall we say.

desperaterobots on
  • nakirushnakirush Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Is this supposed to be funny? Cause I think it made a piece of me die...
    20080516.jpg

I'm just curious as to why CAD is still around. It's such a pile of crap, I can't believe it has a fan base to begin with. Let alone a good sized one.

nakirush on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yay Beav. Sounds awesome. I'll be doing the hunt soon. Living with my mum after being out of home for 6 years is totally, uh, cramping my style, shall we say.

You sir are in the exact same boat as me.

Prospicience on
  • MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fixed.png

Fixed.

Mangoes on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ass hair.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    Fixed2.png

Mangoes on
    edited May 2008
    Der we go.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    I FOUND A NEW APARTMENT!
    and it is gooooorgeous
    it's like a little 3 level country home inside an apartment building. It's 3 levels, well.. 2 and a half, the top floor is just a really cute loft. all tile and dark colored laminate (fake hardwood)
    the residents that are in there now are clean, very nice professional women, and I can move in as early as next week.
    I AM SO RELIEVED RIGHT NOW!

You can afford that on artist money?

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that's kind of an invasive question.

But it stands.

Tam on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CapnMango wrote: »
    Fixed.png

Fixed.

Funnier, though the original was still one of CAD's better strips.

I blame the fact that someone getting their skull beaten in with a book that thick is ALWAYS funny.

yalborap on
    edited May 2008
    The best CAD strip is still filled with ass.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Congrats, Beavo. :)

NightDragon on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Based off of my own anecdotal evidence, I prefer doing art'stuffs on a mac because the OS seems far more intuitive for it than a PC. Does this mean the same level of art done on a Mac can't be done on a PC? Not at all, it's just become my own preference to do design work on a Mac when I can.

Wait, you mean people like different things for different reasons? I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!

I ALREADY MADE THAT JOKE/STATEMENT!

In other news, I'm 9 sheets to the wind and loving it! Just got back from a Murder By Death concert and my ears are still ringing!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

You sir are in the exact same boat as me.

Sucks, same here. Just moved back in 2 weeks ago while I'm job & apt. hunting.

Veritas on
    edited May 2008
    I think Murder By Death is the tamest concert I've ever been to. Was the Cello just TOO METAL for you Elliot?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Damn all of you who have seen Murder by Death. I've been screwed out of seeing them so many times.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited May 2008
    I saw them in a bowling alley, too. Probably like....100 people there.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    nakirush wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be funny? Cause I think it made a piece of me die...
    20080516.jpg

I'm just curious as to why CAD is still around. It's such a pile of crap, I can't believe it has a fan base to begin with. Let alone a good sized one.

The man's a marketing genius if you think about it. The more of an ass he is and the shittier he makes his strips, the more people bitch about it in forums - hence giving him more exposure and site traffic than he deserves

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    I think Murder By Death is the tamest concert I've ever been to. Was the Cello just TOO METAL for you Elliot?

Atleast here the chello players look more convincing. SOS / Apocalyptica. Out of the local acts I think they are one of my favourites.

no_toast on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    beavotron wrote: »
    I FOUND A NEW APARTMENT!
    and it is gooooorgeous
    it's like a little 3 level country home inside an apartment building. It's 3 levels, well.. 2 and a half, the top floor is just a really cute loft. all tile and dark colored laminate (fake hardwood)
    the residents that are in there now are clean, very nice professional women, and I can move in as early as next week.
    I AM SO RELIEVED RIGHT NOW!

You can afford that on artist money?

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that's kind of an invasive question.

But it stands.

naw i'm pretty open about this stuff
    I make 36,000/ year in my entry level graphic art position.
    I don't know how that compares to other artist salaries?

I also still do freelance work which gets me around 400/month depending on what sort of jobs I'm doing/how many jobs I'm involved with at the time.

thanks for the well-wishing all!

beavotron on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well look at you: self-reliant and taking on the world.

I aced the Biology test I thought I bombed and bombed the History test I thought I aced. Irony!

EDIT: Goddamn totp.

Tam on
    edited May 2008
    Beavotron consumes infants.

And I do not like that about her.

Mangoes on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nah I think that's about right on Beavo. I don't make quite that much where I'm working right now, but the job I was planning on having out in San Fran. was exactly that much. Plus I've got a few other friends who are in Graphic Design and all started out in the 30-38k for design type jobs. More than that for starting out is rare as far as what I've seen.

Edit: Is that true Beavo? Do you consume infants, if so... this could complicate our interrelationship.

Prospicience on
    edited May 2008
    To be honest, I don't even think she chews.

Mangoes on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i just gobble em right down like a duck!

beavotron on
    edited May 2008
    Or like a beaver.

Mangoes on
    edited May 2008
    She's not called beavotron because of the way she eats...
    ...instead for her luxurious waterproof mane, and beautiful white incisors.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Ugh. Head hurts. Ears still ringing. Cello player was ahhh-mazing, you watch your goddamn mouth forbe.

edited May 2008
    What, you're a pansy and cant handle a little noise, no, its okay.

Murder By Death is good.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    Yes I am a delicate flower!

• LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" tonight. It was fucking hilarious! Russel brand is a legend, and i am so glad he's broken into the US now so you guys can get to enjoy him too. Seriously, haven't laughed out loud that much at a cinema for years.

Lly on
    edited May 2008
    Tonight was Prom night in the city, and you could tell who the spotty teenagers with no chance of getting laid were because instead of dressing up nice and dry humping each other on the dance floor, they were wearing guy fawkes masks and holding up internet memes on the street in "protest" of scientology.

I had a pretty good laugh at their expense.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tonight was Prom night in the city, and you could tell who the spotty teenagers with no chance of getting laid were because instead of dressing up nice and dry humping each other on the dance floor, they were wearing guy fawkes masks and holding up internet memes on the street in "protest" of scientology.

I had a pretty good laugh at their expense.

Oh, it must've been prom here, too. Only......all the girls were parading around in the middle of the day.

???

NightDragon on
    edited May 2008
    So I need help comparing Dells. Yes, Dells.

I dont know squat about video cards these days, but I don't game on my PC so I guess it doesn't matter too much. Most use is for photoshop, watching video and browsing. Possible future use being video editing/animation.

More ram with a slower Mhz? Different video cards? More HDD space? halp plz

AU$1399
    Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 (2.4GHz, 1066FSB, 8MB)
    4GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s with NCQ
    Dellâ„¢ E228WFP 22" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
    128MB NVIDIA® Geforce® 8300GS

OR

$1499
    Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 (2.4GHz, 1066FSB, 8MB)
    3GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s with NCQ
    Dellâ„¢ E228WFP 22" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
    128MB ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 2400 Pro

desperaterobots on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    Go with the 4GB memory option. But make sure that you have an OS that can utilize all four.

Grifter on
    edited May 2008
    Hmm. seems they only come with vista. I know all my (perfectly, uh, legitimate) software will break if i go vista. I'm keeping my god damn money.

desperaterobots on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    It seems that the Ruskies have been down with hip-hop for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQb8vb4blA&eurl=http://wallout.com/red_army_hip_hop

Grifter on
    edited May 2008
    That footage is certaily from the nineties Grifter. Those are normal russian police uniforms and they probably couldn't afford color film. I'm also pretty certain that all pop music is composed by swedish elves in University of Upsala University.

no_toast on
    edited May 2008
    I'm sure you'd get shot if you danced to hip hop like that.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited May 2008
    That's why they are police officers so they can fire back at you.

no_toast on
  • ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hmm. seems they only come with vista. I know all my (perfectly, uh, legitimate) software will break if i go vista. I'm keeping my god damn money.

Call in to see if you can get an XP option - sometimes it doesn't show up online as it's a special request.

If you go XP or 32-bit Vista then the 4GB of RAM is a waste - XP can only address 3.25GB.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
This discussion has been closed.